Last night my loyalty to the UBA was seriously Tested!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

PapaK
Egg
Egg
Re: Last night my loyalty to the UBA was seriously Tested!

Post by PapaK »

Mankinka wrote: PapaK what happened to my Shriners INC application? I have been singing Oga's praises ever since I caught a glimpse of him on our old colour television set back in Lusaka in 1993.
Are you in anyway suggesting that you have not received your appointment letter as the Priest of the Zambian Shrine of Oga? Check your mail box.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tinaye wrote:I am guessing that the UBA are not fans of Okocha.(Although I cannot for the life of me think why not.)
What does UBA stand for any how?
The sentence in parenthesis suggests that you will never understand the meaning of UBA, so why bother telling you what it means. You will just have to be content with the confused definitions given above by the confused shriners.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: x

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

PapaK wrote:
Tinaye wrote:I am guessing that the UBA are not fans of Okocha.(Although I cannot for the life of me think why not.)
UBA is an acronym for the Union of Baseless Agitators. They claim that Oga has not delivered the WC for Nigeria, ignoring the fact that he had attempted that without a keeper behind him at France 98. They blame him for not delivering ANC 2000, inspite of the fact that his fellow stars (e.g. Kanu) chose to forget their scoring boot in their villages. In short, they are all Okocha shriners who expected the impossible from him just because he wears number 10 jersey like many other great players like Pele, Zico, Maradona and Zidane.
Bashers are those who think ZERO GOALS and ZERO ASSISTS in 3 Wold Cup Appearances for a #10 who is acclaimed to be better than Ronaldo+Rivaldo+Maradona+Figo+Raul+Zidane is PATHETIC! Even the so-called Oga could not score with the keeper beaten during the last WC against Sweden. This was what PapaK had to say about that:
I agree with your stat of zero goals in 3 WCs and Okocha should take the blame. I still havent understood how he could dribble the entire Swedish defence and then miskick the ball at the last opportunity. That should have been a wonderful goal.- Shriners' CEO PaPak, Nov 2002

Another great quote from the CEO himself:
If you must know, I'm not satisfied with Okocha's strike rate. He could do more if he ventures into the box more often. I know other midfielders that score more than Oga, and they include Hagi, Adres Moller, Paul Scholes.- Shriners' CEO PaPak, Dec 2002
And one from Chief Goza:

Maradona 'single-handedly' won a WC in '86, almost did it again in '90.
May be this is one of the reasons why people that bash JJ are ever more adamant - when you compare him to Maradona. JJ has not just appeared onthe scene - he's been in pro-football now for a while. So we know what he's all about, his strengths and his weaknesses. And we know that for that change you are advocating to come about, it means his entire football philosophy has to change. for a new kid on the block, it's possible. But JJ is not a new kid on the block.- Chief Goza, Shriner who has met and spoken to JJ(Nov 2002)
...more to come....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

1naija wrote:
The sentence in parenthesis suggests that you will never understand the meaning of UBA, so why bother telling you what it means. You will just have to be content with the confused definitions given above by the confused shriners.
Katakata don bust be dat O! The dishonourable president of UBA's is not longer accepting applicaitons. Could he be preparing to disband?
A beg, 1naija, hang in there. Some of us have invested heavily in humbly pie bakeries and any disbandment will seriously affect our profitability!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
PapaK
Egg
Egg
Re: x

Post by PapaK »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
PapaK wrote:
UBA is an acronym for the Union of Baseless Agitators. They claim that Oga has not delivered the WC for Nigeria, ignoring the fact that he had attempted that without a keeper behind him at France 98. They blame him for not delivering ANC 2000, inspite of the fact that his fellow stars (e.g. Kanu) chose to forget their scoring boot in their villages. In short, they are all Okocha shriners who expected the impossible from him just because he wears number 10 jersey like many other great players like Pele, Zico, Maradona and Zidane.
Bashers are those who think ZERO GOALS and ZERO ASSISTS in 3 Wold Cup Appearances for a #10 who is acclaimed to be better than Ronaldo+Rivaldo+Maradona+Figo+Raul+Zidane is PATHETIC! Even the so-called Oga could not score with the keeper beaten during the last WC against Sweden. This was what PapaK had to say about that:
I agree with your stat of zero goals in 3 WCs and Okocha should take the blame. I still havent understood how he could dribble the entire Swedish defence and then miskick the ball at the last opportunity. That should have been a wonderful goal.- Shriners' CEO PaPak, Nov 2002

Another great quote from the CEO himself:
If you must know, I'm not satisfied with Okocha's strike rate. He could do more if he ventures into the box more often. I know other midfielders that score more than Oga, and they include Hagi, Adres Moller, Paul Scholes.- Shriners' CEO PaPak, Dec 2002
And one from Chief Goza:

Maradona 'single-handedly' won a WC in '86, almost did it again in '90.
May be this is one of the reasons why people that bash JJ are ever more adamant - when you compare him to Maradona. JJ has not just appeared onthe scene - he's been in pro-football now for a while. So we know what he's all about, his strengths and his weaknesses. And we know that for that change you are advocating to come about, it means his entire football philosophy has to change. for a new kid on the block, it's possible. But JJ is not a new kid on the block.- Chief Goza, Shriner who has met and spoken to JJ(Nov 2002)
...more to come....
the basic difference between Shriners and UBA is our expectations of the man. UBA expect superhuman performance, Shriners believe Oga is human and can always improve. We look for areas of his game that he could work on. We are vindicated. 7 premiership goal last season. 3 cup goals this season. He's listening to us and not UBA. If the world had accepted the views of UBA, Oga should've been retired. And the premiership and world football would be much worse for it.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tinaye, this is the major difference between UBA and shriners: Shriners are objective set of people who are not scared to call it the way it is. Read Chief Ogbunigwe's last post that has some of the comments made by Shriners, and you will see how we put things into proper perspective. We don't just look at only the good things Oga does, we also evaluate his weakness then make an overall judgement, hence our decision to shrine. Bashers on the other only look at the weakess and readilly dismiss the good things Oga does.

Now that you are informed, you can pitch your tent in whichever camp you like.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Its a Goal wrote:Tinaye, this is the major difference between UBA and shriners: Shriners are objective set of people who are not scared to call it the way it is. Read Chief Ogbunigwe's last post that has some of the comments made by Shriners, and you will see how we put things into proper perspective. We don't just look at only the good things Oga does, we also evaluate his weakness then make an overall judgement, hence our decision to shrine. Bashers on the other only look at the weakess and readilly dismiss the good things Oga does.

Now that you are informed, you can pitch your tent in whichever camp you like.
Phew. That's much better. I was on the phone to my stockbroker screaming SELL SELL SELL on my humble pie stocks. Alas, false alarm, you are still recruiting.

Abeg, please do your job properly and visit the Moroccan and Banana Banana sites and recruit more people. The bigger you numbers, the bigger our party.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

PapaK, wetin concern agbero with overload? you wrote:
If the world had accepted the views of UBA, Oga should've been retired. And the premiership and world football would be much worse for it.
Point of correction, he's entertaining the premiership...dunno about world football. Is it me, or do I see that NIGERIA isnt on your list, when it should be #1? Lets talk again when your statement reads :
If the world had accepted the views of UBA, Oga should've been retired. And NIGERIAN FOOTBALL would be much worse for it.
you wrote:
Shriners believe Oga is human and can always improve. We look for areas of his game that he could work on.
what shriners are you talking about? the same shriners who claim Oga is the best player EVER to come out of Nigeria, Africa and the whole Universe? The same shriners who claim JJ is better that Rivaldo+Zidane+Figo? The same Shriners (Robbynice specifically) who challenged forumers to publish Pele's club stats because they didnt believe his stats could be any better than Okocha's?
Let me ask you this question: what aspects of his game would he need to work on if he's better that Ronaldo+Zidane+Figo? Please, enlighten us!
The only RARE occasions shriners are near objectivity is when JJ shows them his true colors and UBA pummels them to submission...remember this?
Okocha - The shriners will not like to hear this, but..we have overhyped JJ a lot...We must stop the self-deceit...It's such a shame, but our WFOY dream was simply a wild dream. I officially pronounce it as dead. - Shriners' CEO PaPak, Feb 2002
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are either born a basher (truth teller) or not. No amount of application can make you a basher, unlike Shriners. Just look at the excellent post by Chief Ogbunigwe, who along with Fegwu, Furiously Frank, Guv007 and Gabtigab were voted the most objective moderators of the 20th century. You cannot teach such honesty and objectivity.

Anyone who needs to be told what UBA means has already demonstrated severe lack of intuition, a necessary skill for effective bashing. United Bashers Associated are prophets, and unlike the saying, "WE WILL BE HONORED IN OUR HOME" after we help Nigeria rid herself of inefective, mastubatory dribbles.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

well good 4 me, i do both. bash+shrine. :)
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Na wah for Shrinaz.... I am surprised say PapaK get time to come up for air afuta im don put overtime minting new MOM awards for Oga for matches yet to be played...

We ask Shrinaz wheda na coincidence say Naija plays better and actually win more games when di show pony is out somewhere looking for his passport or trying to find his car keys in his trouser of many pockets?

We were there minding our business when afuta 4 or 5 useless dribbles, dribbling di same guy 3rice, losing the ball and flashing all 42 teeth (in Oga's case im get extra), strolling around di pitch and some tombo shacking pipul go come hia shout "Chei! you see wetin JJ do?...I swear he is better dan Figo+Rivaldo+Raul+Zidane combined"

We agree Oga is good but not as good as dem yeye shrinaz day make am out... he belongs in a circus...

Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

All this justling for the allegiance of Tenaye is ridiculous. I mean the man knows the truth which btw will set you free. He knows that JJ is the man and delivers. Tenaye also knows that no amount of bashing will stop JJ from being JJ.
So all the bashers, make una eat una head out. Just look at them, imagine Chief Gabtigab who watches game from his 1936 seven inches tv. Please people make una ask am wetin him deh see from that TV?
Then we all know about 1Naija and his closet acts, this is the same guy who gives his son JJ's replica jersy for every birthday, what does that tell us?
Abeg make man hear word o jare :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]yettycom[/color] wrote:well good 4 me, i do both. bash+shrine. :)
Sorry my sister. As in the words of GWB "You are either with us, or against us". Which one is it?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

This is merely ranting and raving :)

Ok, it's one of two things.

The mod/admin either deletes this thread or makes it a sticky :!:
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

1naija wrote:You are either born a basher (truth teller) or not. No amount of application can make you a basher, unlike Shriners. Just look at the excellent post by Chief Ogbunigwe, who along with Fegwu, Furiously Frank, Guv007 and Gabtigab were voted the most objective moderators of the 20th century. You cannot teach such honesty and objectivity.

Anyone who needs to be told what UBA means has already demonstrated severe lack of intuition, a necessary skill for effective bashing. United Bashers Associated are prophets, and unlike the saying, "WE WILL BE HONORED IN OUR HOME" after we help Nigeria rid herself of inefective, mastubatory dribbles.
Amen 1naija! Let the truth be told for oneday all of Nigeria will finally thank us and see us for the prophets we are.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

AreaStarr wrote:
1naija wrote:You are either born a basher (truth teller) or not. No amount of application can make you a basher, unlike Shriners. Just look at the excellent post by Chief Ogbunigwe, who along with Fegwu, Furiously Frank, Guv007 and Gabtigab were voted the most objective moderators of the 20th century. You cannot teach such honesty and objectivity.

Amen 1naija! Let the truth be told for oneday all of Nigeria will finally thank us and see us for the prophets we are.
Are you a UBA member or a UBA pretender? There is no ambiguity with the most pretigious association on all of Internet.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Papak, IAG: YYYYYAAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN!
yeye de smell.... Btw, how many free kicks has he taken this year before this one sail in?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Wow guys take it easy. :D It was just an innocent question. I happen to think that Jay Jay Okocha is a genius and therefore I definetly belong to the Shriners camp.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

1naija wrote:
AreaStarr wrote:

Are you a UBA member or a UBA pretender? There is no ambiguity with the most pretigious association on all of Internet.
I am with the UBA and I am ready to shed blood to prove it!
crispgg
Egg
Egg

Post by crispgg »

In all sincerity I wasnt pleased with Okocha's style of play..all he used to do was dribble aimlessly..and I preferred other Nigerian midfielders to him...e.g. Oruma( remember how he turned our game against Brazil around at the 1996 Atlanta olympics?) and Adepoju..but it is certain that English soccer has changed Okocha for the good better and best...the guy is simply *"@^&+$£><?!¬)(&*%^$£"!¬*fantastic!!!!
abeg dont deny this...
only I wish Oruma was invited in case of.... :shock:
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

AreaStarr wrote:
1naija wrote:
AreaStarr wrote:

I am with the UBA and I am ready to shed blood to prove it!
Areastar we have not forgotten your post shrining Jay-Jay. It will take a lot more than your blood to convince us that you have now repented. :D
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Last night a Jay-Jay saved your life :mrgreen:
http://www.naijiant.com/
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

You guys are just something else :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hopefully we will all have something to smile about come valentines day (not talking about the babes oh).