Pele Thinks SE Will Reach The ANC Final

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pele Thinks SE Will Reach The ANC Final

Post by wiseone »

http://www.thisdayonline.com/sport/20040122spo01.html

Tunisia 2004: Pele Tips Eagles, Lions for Final
By Uzor Odigbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Black Stars of Ghana striker, Abedi Pele Ayew has predicted a clash between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Indomitable Lions of Cameroon for the Nations Cup final due to kick-off on Saturday in Tunis.

Pele disclosed this in an interview with the Cable Network News (CNN) monitored in Lagos yesterday saying that "the two countries are well matched owing to their array of stars in addition, they have got enough experience and exposure internationally."

"Nigeria and Cameroon teams are the clear favourites. Each of the teams have the players that can win a match any day. The teams have sharp attackers and what Nigeria may have lacked in the defence, it makes up with skills, unlike Cameroon that has good attackers as well as a good defence," he said.

On the presence of the Senegalese team, the Teranga Lions, Abedi noted that "although, the team got to the quarter-finals of the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup, their form in recent times has been suspect and blamed it partly on their former coach (Metsu) who left after the World Cup finals."

He, however, warned that teams he described as new comers like the Republic of Benin and Mali should be respected by well-established teams. According him, "such teams are used to springing surprises when it is least expected."

On the declining form of his country's national team, the Black Stars, Pele said "Ghana has failed in Africa owing to problems that has to do with coaches and administrators who had nurtured the team in the past." He, however, assured that the Black Stars would be back and assume their rightful position on the continent.

On CAF election coming up tomorrow, the former African footballer of the year, stressed that the candidate with the best policy of moving African soccer forward administratively, should win.

He also advised that "Africa's soccer ruling body, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) should harmonise its Nations Cup time table to tally with that of Europe to forestall problems which always occur when the issue of players release arises.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

This guy don come again with his bad luck and misyarns. Abeg someone tell him to back cameroon or Senegal pls

Q
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Please God no....not another Pele tip, this na real bad news.... :?

All we need now is for RobbyNice to say it is written and we will be totally screwed in this ANC :twisted:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Make Pele go siddon jare. Make hin pick pick Senegal and Cameroon. Btw Nigeria is winning the ANC because it is... :D
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Pele's predictions are like our own Robbynice's predictions!
Nuff said!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Guys, Panic over it isn't the master of prediction misfortune, the original Pele, it is only the Abedi Pele ....so no cause for alarm :wink:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

AreaDaddy wrote:Guys, Panic over it isn't the master of prediction misfortune, the original Pele, it is only the Abedi Pele ....so no cause for alarm :wink:
Thank God. I can see IAG now. He was so close to canceling his ART subscription. :D
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I think you guys have your Peles mixed up.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

I am very uncomfortable with Ghanaian predictions in our favour. Abedi should just shut up!
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

Thank God, it's not the original Pele. For real, come see my heart dey bounce jigbijigbi as I dey open the thread.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.