King Carrick gets his due!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: King Carrick gets his due!

Post by felarey »

analyzer wrote:
felarey wrote:
mmeny wrote:Any list without Michu, Cazorla, Fellaini and Nastatic can't be taken serious especially when you have the likes of Carrick, Welbeck and even Wilshere :shock: on the short list.
Michu, Canola, Fellaini are not the same class as RVP, Suarez and Bale. Those 3 the players got right. It's the Chelsea players especially Hazard that's had half a season you guys should be criticizing, but I guess he's not english. Carrick has played almost every minute of a team 12 points clear at the top, that's got to count for something. Michu could be there but pls lets leave out half bakes like Canola and Fellaini.

Per the youngsters, I'd take Natastic and add Baines and Rafael Da Silva to the list. Seems players to value defenders much.
Is Carrick in the same class as those top 3?
Kaii.. Red tinted glasses... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Carrick is not having a better individual season than any of fellaini, michu or Carzola.. this 3 have been pivotal for their teams... . Trying to compare a Carzola that averages a 7.8 game rating (feel free to challenge the source) or fellaini's 7.62 to Carrick who averages a 7.09 rating..
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/4522
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/2115
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22738

Of course, in a team filled with scrub CMs like Anderson/Clevelry, he will look like a super star..

And abeg no insult Mata.. Carrick cannot clean his boots.. :tic: :tic:
Definitely agree on hazard.. together with carrick, not sure how they made that list.. will take out those 2 and replace with Carzola and Michu (cant believe he was ignored)...

Carrick go definitely enter team of the season as DM and deservedly so.. can't see who else will usurp him as every other competition was average at best..
This is not about ability nor talent. The players are looking at those that have produced the goods. Canola was good first couple games, then he went on a dry spell that had people wondering if he was another Arshavin all over again only for him to recover. He has not had a consistent season. Walcott was the guy doing the biz till shortly after his new contract, then injuries came in. Fellaini is another guy that was excellent at the beginning of the season but has since become his good self.

I don't think professional players have chosen Carrick because he looks good around Anderson/Cleverly whom would start on most teams. They've chosen him because of his contribution and have looked at him as someone they'd like to have on their team. We need to stop this habit of associating being English with incompetence. Carrick and RVP are the cornerstones of Utd's season and deserve where they are. If you're talking stats, how about Carrick's 2,442 passes with a completion rate of 88%? That's more telling than looking good in one match. It's a real stat that any coach or pro baller would like on his team when you consider they're an assortment of long and short range passes. Talkless his ability to mop things up in midfield without cards or news. He's started 99% of Utd games since he came to the team, and has the trophies to show for it. Compared to flashy non english, so called exotic players like Canola, Mata, Hazard etc. that pick up the slacks with FA and Carling Cups.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

analyzer wrote:
And yes these awards are meaningless as they are usually handed to ones who perform the best just the day before the voting commences.
Carrick scored about a week ago vs. Stoke city.. :lol: :lol:
You didn't just say that did you??? It's the Pro Footballers Player of the year.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

analyzer wrote:
And yes these awards are meaningless as they are usually handed to ones who perform the best just the day before the voting commences.
Carrick scored about a week ago vs. Stoke city.. :lol: :lol:
You didn't just say that did you??? It's the Pro Footballers Player of the year.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bale is player of the year IMHO. I agree that Carrick is under-appreciated. I do not understand the hate for him.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

wiseone wrote:Bale is player of the year IMHO. I agree that Carrick is under-appreciated. I do not understand the hate for him.
No one is hating on carrick.. We are not arguing on if he has been good this season or not.. Just saying that him along with hazard should not be on that short list ahead of some more derseving candidates who one can argue have had better seasons..

@Felarey,
Mikel (being mischievious) has an 89% passing rate but he nowhere near the list..
No english association.. everyone knows carrick is one of the more naturally gifted english players.. caoches are just too lazy to vary the NT playing style..
Again, not saying carrick has not done well this season.. Just saying there have been better performers IMO..
But he definitely will make team of the season..
anyways, kudos to the bobo..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

analyzer wrote:
wiseone wrote:Bale is player of the year IMHO. I agree that Carrick is under-appreciated. I do not understand the hate for him.
No one is hating on carrick.. We are not arguing on if he has been good this season or not.. Just saying that him along with hazard should not be on that short list ahead of some more derseving candidates who one can argue have had better seasons..

@Felarey,
Mikel (being mischievious) has an 89% passing rate but he nowhere near the list..
No english association.. everyone knows carrick is one of the more naturally gifted english players.. caoches are just too lazy to vary the NT playing style..
Again, not saying carrick has not done well this season.. Just saying there have been better performers IMO..
And how many points adrift is his team from the top team? He was away for AFCON and when he was around didn't play every game like Carrick. When Carrick is on form, Utd hardly lose because he pegs back the opposition with his distribution. Yeah there are better performers like RVP, Suarez, Bale.... but don't insult him with the likes of Panti Canola. The guy is about to pick up his 5th EPL title in 7 yrs playing almost every game.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Was not talking about CE or this thread. Carrick is generally maligned and disrespected by spoiled Man U fans that grew up watching legendary midfielders like Robson, Keane and Scholes.

analyzer wrote:

@Felarey,
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

@Wiseone.
My bad.. thought you were referring to this thread.. a lot of folks think being a midfielder (esp a DM) in EPL is all about snapping at peoples heels and being a bull dog. we saw what that did to sidwell today..

@Felarey..
U no well.. "panti Carzola".. :lol: :lol: make gunners catch u
Last edited by analyzer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Carrick is an above average CM who has com to the fore in the year all the top CMs/DMs have either left the league or are having an inconsitent season.

There is hardly any game against the elite MFs in Europe that he has stood out.

Its the Malcom Macdonald super hype all over again...

A good player? Yes...

Elite? Not by any chance!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

I don't see any other fans disagreeing with Van Persie's nomination, with Mata's or that of Luis Saurez, even I would have prefferred to see Nastasic in there ahead of Wilshere(who is a Arsenal player) as I think he is more deserving. First and foremost I am a football man...

The problem with Felarey is that he is blinded with his love for Manure, do you even watch games involving other teams? :roll: Only someone who hasn't will argue that Carrick should be in that list ahead of Michu in particular or Cazorla.
To God be the glory
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

1. RvP
2. Suarez
3. Bale
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Skylolo wrote:I don't see any other fans disagreeing with Van Persie's nomination, with Mata's or that of Luis Saurez, even I would have prefferred to see Nastasic in there ahead of Wilshere(who is a Arsenal player) as I think he is more deserving. First and foremost I am a football man...

The problem with Felarey is that he is blinded with his love for Manure, do you even watch games involving other teams? :roll: Only someone who hasn't will argue that Carrick should be in that list ahead of Michu in particular or Cazorla.
Your problem is you're blinded by your hate for Manure, followed by bias against English. Stop lying to yourself saying you're a football man, your comments over the years betray that assertion. Carrying Wenger's jockstraps is not necessary football manliness. Um yes, Carrick has been head and shoulders above Canola this season and that is a fact. Michu deserves to be there because he's scored bags of goals on an average team and led them to a title, but he should take the place of Hazard instead. The same Canola that disappears in games, and can't impact his team to win nada while Carrick is about to pick up his 5th EPL title while sitting at home. The same guy that threatened us with Arshavin number 2 and can't make anything out of Podolski and Giroud. It's not about CE fans disagreeing, I'd rather go with players disagreeing. Football men such as players outside Assanal think he's not worthy.

Carrick has picked up double digit trophies in the past 7 yrs playing almost every game while your socalled exotic players are battling to finish in the top 4.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Heliopolis wrote:1. RvP
2. Suarez
3. Bale
RVP - Only because his goals won the EPL title. Many thanks to Arsene Wenger and Assanal's lack of ambition.
Suarez - He has been more consistent and kept his form throughout the season.
Bale - At one time unstoppable, some argued he could be top 5 in the world.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Michael Carrick, the brain behind Man Utd's passing, scoring and defending... A lesson in timely, incisive, accurate passing...

[/video]

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

NP. Man U fans "expect" a certain type of midfielder - in the blood and thunder box to box workaholic hardman type of Robson and Keane. Carrick's tactical "quarterback" style is under-appreciated.
analyzer wrote:@Wiseone.
My bad.. thought you were referring to this thread.. a lot of folks think being a midfielder (esp a DM) in EPL is all about snapping at peoples heels and being a bull dog. we saw what that did to sidwell today..
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Chai!! Carirck!! what a joke!!! :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Carrick will not win anything, he's just being given an opportunity to wear a suit. Sunday's shame aside, would've been Suarez, but, as United will be champions and Van Persie has contributed largely to that, it'll be his accolade. Congratulations to him, he left Arsenal for honours and in his first season has won something. What did he win over the past 5 years at Arsenal?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Carrick will not win anything, he's just being given an opportunity to wear a suit. Sunday's shame aside, would've been Suarez, but, as United will be champions and Van Persie has contributed largely to that, it'll be his accolade. Congratulations to him, he left Arsenal for honours and in his first season has won something. What did he win over the past 5 years at Arsenal?
With or without the biting incident, it was always RVP for me, with Wenger as co-winner...

I don't hink I've ever seen a single player tilt the balance in a league the way he did, with Wenger's help of course!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

I'm glad Carrick is getting his due.

For me though POTY is Suarez, then RVP and Bale

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

How can Suarez win poty? Wtf has he done compared to Bale!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Wenger Says Carrick Could Play for Barcelona

Post by wiseone »

Arsene Wenger:
I would give it to Carrick. He could play in Barcelona as he would be perfectly suited to their game..He has good vision and is an intelligent player and it is for what he has achieved in his career.”
http://www.givemefootball.com/342597-ar ... -barcelona
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

A local champion nothing more... :o
Soldier of Fortune...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Now Guardiola (who knows a thing or two about Registas) has jumped on the Carrick bandwagon:

"I'm a big fan of Michael. He is one of the best holding midfielders I've ever seen in my life by far. He's the level of Xabi Alonso and Sergio Busquets."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39723573

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/pep-guardiol ... 36457.html