King Carrick gets his due!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: King Carrick gets his due!

Post by YemiBrazil »

Carrick is vastly underrated.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Taught the passer's game by one of the game's finest passers. At his peak, Scholes would've walked into any midfield in world football and been more bibia bi ye ye than Ed Sheeran.

For the Guardiola game, one can see why Carrick is revered by Peperempe, but a two--footed tackling Nigel De Jong. Straight red and the melee to boot please.
Last edited by Coach on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Coach wrote:Taught the passer's game by one of the game's finest passers. At his peak, Scholes would've walked intoany midfield in world football and been more bibia bi ye ye than Ed Sheeran. Í

Fot the Guardiola game, one can see why Carrick is revered by Peperempe, but a two--footed tackling Nigel De Jong. Straight red and the melee to boot please.

Really wish people would stop this :twisted: Its not true
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:Taught the passer's game by one of the game's finest passers. At his peak, Scholes would've walked intoany midfield in world football and been more bibia bi ye ye than Ed Sheeran.

Fot the Guardiola game, one can see why Carrick is revered by Peperempe, but a two--footed tackling Nigel De Jong. Straight red and the melee to boot please.
Are you insinuating that Scholes taught Carrick to pass? Huh? :???: :???: :???: Shuo!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Samora Machel wrote:
Coach wrote:Taught the passer's game by one of the game's finest passers. At his peak, Scholes would've walked intoany midfield in world football and been more bibia bi ye ye than Ed Sheeran. Í

Maybe you simply didn't watch enough of him to understand and appreciate the popular opinion :D

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Samora Machel wrote:

EPL fans doing what they do best- anointing another EPL as world class...They have done so routinely over the years- "Super Mac", Terry Mcdermott, Kenny Sansom; Terry Butcher, etc, etc...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

txj wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

EPL fans doing what they do best- anointing another EPL as world class...They have done so routinely over the years- "Super Mac", Terry Mcdermott, Kenny Sansom; Terry Butcher, etc, etc...
care to comment on what your idol, The Inheritance Merchant, said?

or was what He said lost in translation from Espanyol to Ingles?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

If he'd been Paulo Schollini or Per Scholl, they'd be calling for a quite room, Vaseline and wet wipes to accompany the laptop's YouTube.

Some of the game's greatest, Zidane, Guardiola, Xavi/Iniesta (if not mistaken), have measured the man, granted none of them have a login for Cybereagles nor blog the pitfalls of Lucky Idakhor....Truth be told, many an adolescent evening passed with one feeling lucky I'd a wh*re. Trousers fell, bras fell, pants fell, but pits never did. #FYI.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Xavi Hernandez: Paul Scholes is a role model. For me – and I really mean this – he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years.

I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.

Socrates (Brazil): Good enough to play for Brazil. I love to watch Scholes, to see him pass, the boy with the red hair and the red shirt.

Zinedine Zidane: My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation.

Marcello Lippi: Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team – that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. An all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance.

Laurent Blanc: I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best English player.

Sir Bobby Charlton: Many great players have worn the shirt of Manchester United. Players I worshipped, then lost with my youth in Munich.

Players like Denis Law and George Best who I enjoyed so much as team-mates and now, finally, players I have watched closely in the Alex Ferguson era. And in so many ways Scholes is my favourite.

Roy Keane: No celebrity bullshit, no self-promotion – an amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being.

Sir Alex Ferguson: One of the greatest football brains Manchester United has ever had.

Edgar Davids: Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes.

Ryan Giggs: I’d go for Scholesy as the club’s greatest ever player. I’ve seen him do things that no other player can do. The way he can control the tempo of games, and his range of passing, are both incredible.

We’ve seen over the years that players just haven’t been able to get near him. And you can’t forget his goals either.

Cesc Fabregas: For any football player in the Premiership, Scholes is a player you want to emulate. One player does not make a team but there is no doubt that the presence of some players add extra motivation and confidence.

Scholes is a player with character and is capable of transmitting that mental strength to his team-mates.

How many domestic league winners, Champions League winners, European Championship winners, World Cup winners...have appraised the overrated g*ngerbread man in the above? All to be casually dismissed because not one of them is a Nonso or Olayinka.

Of all the players The Great Zinedine faced and for the record, by one's own measure, Zidane is the greatest of the New Testament. Each to their own. Of all the Keanes, Vieiras, Effenbergs, Davids, Juninhos et al, Zinedine claimed the Ginger to be toughest. In all fairness, what does he know, both as a player, a back of retirement player and a bald coach.

Still logging in as a Guest, can't view the Ranters Raving, Zinedine's words are worthless. Agree fully with the true Brazilian (unlike Socrates) and the rest.

Sauce: EPL ketchup.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One Englishman in Andrea (Woman's first name, doesn't know a thing) Pirlo's Dream XI...kindly visit Webster for definition of dream in such context.

Of Scholes, Pirlo said: "The truly great English midfield player of the generation. Didn’t just play the game, he thought about the game. You could see every pass, every decision, was based on his intelligence and understanding."

Sauce: Anglicised Ogbonno soup.
Last edited by Coach on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

"Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.” - Jose Mourinho, August 2010

Sauce: The Antifootballist Manifesto
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Then there's that blackened nobody Pele, a professor of keeping the pecker up may be, but as far the ball's concerned, he knows nothing. Won't dignify his nonsensical, never once cyb-argued with Robert W*ffgabe, with a quote.

Conclusion: grossly overrated and the myriad non-English commentators lauding over his mythical prowess were all doing so under duress. Imagine a bald, know nothing like Guardiola claiming to have wanted to play with Scholes. Said, tongue so far in cheek, it's in anal canal. Wrong cheek? Oopsadaisy
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

"Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation," he said.
"I would have loved to have played alongside him."

Sauce: El Revolucion, written in Camp Cataluna (squiggly line above one of the as)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Moving on, @Yemi, what's your take on the Ngolo Kante Players' POTY award? Sh*t in a potty? @Tx, nno! Who should've gotten it?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:Moving on, @Yemi, what's your take on the Ngolo Kante Players' POTY award? Sh*t in a potty? @Tx, nno! Who should've gotten it?
Ngolo Kante as Players' POTY? Well deserved IMO. I want him in my team anytime anyday. Ander Herrara's stats may be better so far this season as revealed recently but Ngolo definitely has that X-factor. Simple!

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :biggrin:

coachito

You're wasting your time. There's a 100-page thread in the archive where the Purists debunked all those you quoted

Scholes is average, let it rest

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Here is THAT epic Scholes thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195181&hilit=scholes
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tf, in the case of Kante, the players' verdict holds weight and rightly so, in the case of Scholes, the verdict of players, past and present, managers, legends and Gods of the game, are irrelevant, he's a ginger git. Case closed. What do any of those Lippis and Zizous know? Even Pep, what right has he to open his mouth? Nonsense.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

There was a lovely quote by GNev about Carrick's elegant play:

But then when you play with Michael Carrick you think there is authority, control, peace. When you are on a football pitch playing against Liverpool or Manchester City, you need peace around you as well... Scholes and Carrick together was peaceful. It was like going into a bar and hearing a piano playing. It’s relaxing. Listening to some good rock is good and you like that too but sometimes it’s nice to listen to a piano. Carrick’s a piano. There you go, there’s your line.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... el-carrick
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Moving on, @Yemi, what's your take on the Ngolo Kante Players' POTY award? Sh*t in a potty? @Tx, nno! Who should've gotten it?
From a player/teammate perspective- yes.

From a football perspective, Hazard.

Like most things EPL, Ngolo, an outstanding workhorse, is lauded beyond his range.

The game early in the season with LFC exposed him badly.

But the more interesting way to look at him is to compare him to Madrid's Casemiro: as a pure workhorse, which he is largely, he could beat Casemiro to a starting place in Madrid. But while the Brazilian could plausibly play for Barca, Ngolo lacks the technical skills to be an effective player for Barcelona.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The Barca midfield would've benefited from Coquelin at times this season, talk less of Ngo!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:The Barca midfield would've benefited from Coquelin at times this season, talk less of Ngo!
Yeah...according to EPL wisdom...Same Barca MF that Fabregas couldn't get into...

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I liked Carrick as a player and I am very happy that he has taken to management like a duck 🦆 to water. 💦

He joins the long list of players who played for Alex Ferguson that have become managers.