African Player of the year out Tommorow!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Makanaky wrote:Samuel was undoubtedly the most impressive and consistent African Footballer in 2003. His goal for us against Brazil was one of the goals of the year!
Eto'o is the obvious choice for APOY for 2003, the rest are just pretenders.
Na u sabi, we sha see the result... whoever wins GOOD LUCK but I give it to JAY JAY, Cus Etool don't have the gut of Jay Jay.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

iyerebee wrote:THIS IS JJ'S YEAR, NOBODY/NOTHING CAN STOP THE APOY FROM RESIDING IN NIGERIA
:D :D :D we will see.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Neither choice would surprise me.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Okocha should win it. Make we dey see sha, even though I feel Hayatou and his boyz will give it to Eto'o. I won't be too upset if Eto'o wins it though, because he also did well last year for club and country.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

iyerebee wrote:THIS IS JJ'S YEAR, NOBODY/NOTHING CAN STOP THE APOY FROM RESIDING IN NIGERIA
You mean 2004 :lol:
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

JJ all the way.
Go on so on Oga
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Makanaky, it Eto'o wins it, everyone here will congratulate him. Will you do the same for JJ if he wins it?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Good point Ayo though I doubt I will break open the congratulatory champaign bottle if Eto wins.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

I think the BBC award he got might just influence them in picking him for this one as well
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well if Eto wins it-it will be well deserved anyway
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

We are not like some on this forum who don't give credit where it is due. Eto'o or Jay Jay both deserve to win it. Whoever wins will receive my congratulations as both of them did extremely well last year to make the wold appreciate African football more and more. I know Makanaky is as gentlemanly like the rest of us Cameroonians on this forum and will definately send his congratulatory message to Jay Jay should he wins it as it will be well deserved same thing for Eto'o.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

this is Okocha's year.
who no know go know.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

ruff'n'tuff wrote:this is Okocha's year.
you mean 2004 right? :lol: :lol:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Can we have the camfoot forum link so we can come and say congratulations? Actually I need it so I can go say: "In your face, Cameroun" when Oga gets the award tomorrow :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

khalela

Post by khalela »

Please let us remember that it has already been decided weeks ago.That means that yesterdays game will not make a difference just like Henry's present form did not make a difference in choosing World Footballer of the year.
But I think the odds are high on Okocha's side.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Mankinka,

It is merit for a year. This is not a lifetime achievement award. Anyway, Best of luck to Oga.
Mankinka wrote:I hope Jay-Jay gets it because he deserves it. Samuel Eto will have other oppurtunities to win it he is still a young man.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Theres only one APOY and CAF better not do their wayo
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Ayo,

Who are you kidding? If people here were so objective then they would not even be wondering whether Okocha would win it. They would know that Etoo has it in the bag.

But let's wait and see...
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Makanaky, it Eto'o wins it, everyone here will congratulate him. Will you do the same for JJ if he wins it?
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

Jay jay will lift the trophy!
This is Jay Jays year!!
Up Nigeria!!!
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

The race for the award is pretty much even but the bbc award will tilt the balance towards Oga JJ. That will be the difference. Oga JJ for APOY 2003.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

mlkama wrote:Ayo,

Who are you kidding? If people here were so objective then they would not even be wondering whether Okocha would win it. They would know that Etoo has it in the bag.

But let's wait and see...
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Makanaky, it Eto'o wins it, everyone here will congratulate him. Will you do the same for JJ if he wins it?
Ol'boy answer the question at hand. If Oga wins the award will you congratulate him?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Robbynice[/color] wrote:The race for the award is pretty much even but the bbc award will tilt the balance towards Oga JJ. That will be the difference. Oga JJ for APOY 2003.
I agree with you 100%.

old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

marko wrote:well if Eto wins it-it will be well deserved anyway
why? because he decided to strip for puma