Y THE HECK ARE THEY CALLING ALEX FERGUSON THE "GOAT"?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Y THE HECK ARE THEY CALLING ALEX FERGUSON THE "GOAT"?

Post by kolinzo »

GOAT in the world or EPL or Europe?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Where ZEE to show us picks of Klopp lecturing Jose how the game is play
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Mourhino quality coach no doubt...but....he runs away like a little #$%$* the minute the going gets rough.

As for 'GOAT' easy...Mancini..... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Quality coach?Then what will you call Klopp?Jose is money miss road coach,running from one big club to another.
Sir Alex is his daddy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
paj wrote:Capello, Lippi,Mourinho....abeegi..
How many UCL's has Capello won? Doesn't Mourinho call Ferguson boss? Interesting.....
Mourinho the psycologist did he really mean it.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...forgive me I don't follow footie that much but did any of them win a treble at some point in their coaching days?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Its difficult for a fan of a club with no history to comprehend things like this.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

monkeypost wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:
How many UCL's has Capello won? Doesn't Mourinho call Ferguson boss? Interesting.....
Mourinho the psycologist did he really mean it.

oh yes he did! the respect is absolutely genuine and I am surprised you are doubting it!
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Because even Hasim Rahman held the belt for a minute. For the bulk of his 26 years, Ferguson kept doing it. He didn't flash in the frying pan, he kept winning and when change came, when he lost, he came back and won. That, is the sign of greatness.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I do believe that Alex is the GOAT

but I also do believe that Mourinho has a high probability of reaching the achievements of Alex or surpassing him eventually.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tbite wrote:I do believe that Alex is the GOAT

but I also do believe that Mourinho has a high probability of reaching the achievements of Alex or surpassing him eventually.

maybe. but PaJ is saying that Mourinho is already better than him! :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
Tbite wrote:I do believe that Alex is the GOAT

maybe. but PaJ is saying that Mourinho is already better than him! :lol:
Definitely not better than him.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

mcal wrote:
...forgive me I don't follow footie that much but did any of them win a treble at some point in their coaching days?
2010. Mou.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kalani wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Emotions!
More like Ebo and ogogoro.

Don't bring up that Mourinho higher win % bullshit, and I'm a huge fan of the man, Ferguson has been coaching in every single Premier League season to date while Mourinho only was manager for 3 seasons and a half.
....and how's your argument/reference to Jose's tenure negate the fact that you can't call Ferguson the greatest coach of all time when other coaches have proven to be better than him?More appropriate title should be The Most Successful Coach in the EPL..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The problem with Mourinho is the destruction he leaves in pursuit of success. If it doesn't go his way, he sets the house on fire like a psychotic Stan. Will he eclipse Alex, never. He may win titles, but he will never equal the respect and reverence that the former did whilst winning those. Eventually, it will be asked whether Mourinho is able to build a team. An assembly of world beaters doesn't guarantee one success, but offers a helping hand. They still need to be coached and Mourinho does that, achieving expectation on most occasions. Can he exceed the consistency of Ferguson? Will he stay in one place long enough to have his throne challenged time after time? Can he retain titles consistently? Its one thing moving from good club to good club leaving a blaze of glory behind you and another to stay at one club and consistently produce honours. Mourinho knows that, hence his fly by night approach. The longer the king stays seated on the throne, the more knives under cloaks in the chamber room.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Coach wrote:The problem with Mourinho is the destruction he leaves in pursuit of success. If it doesn't go his way, he sets the house on fire like a psychotic Stan. Will he eclipse Alex, never. He may win titles, but he will never equal the respect and reverence that the former did whilst winning those. Eventually, it will be asked whether Mourinho is able to build a team. An assembly of world beaters doesn't guarantee one success, but offers a helping hand. They still need to be coached and Mourinho does that, achieving expectation on most occasions. Can he exceed the consistency of Ferguson? Will he stay in one place long enough to have his throne challenged time after time? Can he retain titles consistently? Its one thing moving from good club to good club leaving a blaze of glory behind you and another to stay at one club and consistently produce honours. Mourinho knows that, hence his fly by night approach. The longer the king stays seated on the throne, the more knives under cloaks in the chamber room.
The question is how many big clubs have ManU management pedigree? I can only think of Arsenal. The rest of these clubs don't have patience for one coach. Man U gave Sir Alex everything he needed without much breath on his neck. You can't say the same for clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern. These clubs just don't have the patience. There is no way Sir Alex would have continued, if he was in Spain and assuming Man U was Real Ramdrid, when he didn't win EPL two consecutive years with only one Champions league to show for it during the period. Mourinho would flourish under Man U management and he would win trophies just as much as Sir Alex if not more. Afterall, Mourinho made Chelsea the club we know it to be today -similar to what Sir Alex did to Man U when Man U was in a dip.

With that said, Sir Alex is the GOAT in Europe and Mourinho shouldn't even be compared to him. When Mourinho wins 40something trophies then we should open the discussion. But right now JM remains a great coach and not the GOAT.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

But when he wasn't winning, was he competing? Was he far behind or head of the chasing pack? Madrid are in a two team league where points are seldom lost outside of those two teams and the odd glitch in the matrix. The EPL, though few compete for the crown, many are happy to take the toppling of Goliath as the highlight of their campaign. The fact remains, he was given the time because he was winning and consistently challenging. His job was on the line and then came the FA Cup triumph.

...As for Mourinho making Chelsea, he made a team out a group of talented players, Roman put Chelsea on the map. T'was Abramovich who changed the landscape of the competition, it would never be the same again. Would Jose flourish at United, no, why? Because he wouldn't stick around, he's not interested in club legacy, just his own.
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Cellular wrote:
Babalawo wrote:
paj wrote:.....I keep hearing people,especially Manure fans, referring to Ferguson as the "Greatest Of All Time" as a coach? :mad: WTH? :evil: He's been splendid for Manure and in England but that's too heavy a crown to bestow upon him biko!There are others coaches who are/have been better...abeg abeg abeg..make dem cool down small biko! :boo:
E.g?
Doc, any side effects of taking Rogaine?
You can grow hair on your brain cells, tongue and finger tips :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
PaJ I just dey answer simple question ni oh :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Coach wrote:The problem with Mourinho is the destruction he leaves in pursuit of success. If it doesn't go his way, he sets the house on fire like a psychotic Stan. Will he eclipse Alex, never. He may win titles, but he will never equal the respect and reverence that the former did whilst winning those. Eventually, it will be asked whether Mourinho is able to build a team. An assembly of world beaters doesn't guarantee one success, but offers a helping hand. They still need to be coached and Mourinho does that, achieving expectation on most occasions. Can he exceed the consistency of Ferguson? Will he stay in one place long enough to have his throne challenged time after time? Can he retain titles consistently? Its one thing moving from good club to good club leaving a blaze of glory behind you and another to stay at one club and consistently produce honours. Mourinho knows that, hence his fly by night approach. The longer the king stays seated on the throne, the more knives under cloaks in the chamber room.
...Destruction?What destruction? The Core of the team he built @ Chelsea kept on winning 4-5 years after he left. He left Inter with a team that won everything winnable,including the World Club Cup with Benitez..so what's the destruction you're talking about?The argument can be made that Ferguson never tried himself outside of England(wont even talk about Aberdeen cause that's little factor) in the 26 years...in my neck of the woods you COULD say he was simply a local champion.Most of his peers go elsewhere to toil their trade.I'm amazed that you're buying into this Anti-Mourinho thing yet when he leaves a club most of the players cry.Madrid may be a different story and what exactly was his crime again?He dropped a fan favorite in his quest to build a winning team..and btw..if Mourinho didnt plan to stay @ Madrid, he wouldnot have extended his contract last season...if greedy agents had not gone behind his back to stab it @ Chelsea(turning Roman's head in the process) he may have stayed longer....I think most people that write about Mourinho and blaming him/his legacy have little circumstancial information to contest what's in mostly biased media hype..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kalani wrote:
mcal wrote:
2010. Mou.
...who be Mou? Mourinho? and what titles were they. Thanks in advance.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

mcal wrote:
kalani wrote:
mcal wrote:
2010. Mou.
...who be Mou? Mourinho? and what titles were they. Thanks in advance.
Domestic Cup, League title, and Champions League.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

paj wrote:
kalani wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Emotions!
More like Ebo and ogogoro.

Don't bring up that Mourinho higher win % bullshit, and I'm a huge fan of the man, Ferguson has been coaching in every single Premier League season to date while Mourinho only was manager for 3 seasons and a half.
....and how's your argument/reference to Jose's tenure negate the fact that you can't call Ferguson the greatest coach of all time when other coaches have proven to be better than him?More appropriate title should be The Most Successful Coach in the EPL..
It's like calling Pochinetto a better / more successful coach because he's lost fewer games. You cannot use win percentage to stage your argument here especially since their sample sizes are very very different.
megapro wrote:
Kargamania
Egg
Egg

Post by Kargamania »

The nonentity that started this thread should be arrested. Empty barrel always making loud noise over nothing and not knowing when to just keep quiet.
But instead of going out of the pitch Odinga seized the card from referee Sabitu and flashed it back at the referee. It took the intervention of Sharks' assistant coach, Nduka Ndubuisi before the card was retrieved from the player and handed back to the referee.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

paj wrote:
...Destruction?What destruction? The Core of the team he built @ Chelsea kept on winning 4-5 years after he left. He left Inter with a team that won everything winnable,including the World Club Cup with Benitez..so what's the destruction you're talking about?The argument can be made that Ferguson never tried himself outside of England(wont even talk about Aberdeen cause that's little factor) in the 26 years...in my neck of the woods you COULD say he was simply a local champion.Most of his peers go elsewhere to toil their trade.I'm amazed that you're buying into this Anti-Mourinho thing yet when he leaves a club most of the players cry.Madrid may be a different story and what exactly was his crime again?He dropped a fan favorite in his quest to build a winning team..and btw..if Mourinho didnt plan to stay @ Madrid, he wouldnot have extended his contract last season...if greedy agents had not gone behind his back to stab it @ Chelsea(turning Roman's head in the process) he may have stayed longer....I think most people that write about Mourinho and blaming him/his legacy have little circumstancial information to contest what's in mostly biased media hype..
Pa

Do you care to explain what you mean by "little factor?" Your argument is getting more and more ridiculous by the minute, and everyone can see it! :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong