COACH MARTINEZ IS THE SPECIAL ONE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
COACH MARTINEZ IS THE SPECIAL ONE

Post by GUEST »

Kudos to a Man who make the Best on What he Got Yr in and Yr out..

Kudos to a Man that Bring the Best out of what he Got withouth Complaining or Drama..

Congratulation Wigan..
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: COACH MARTINEZ IS THE SPECIAL ONE

Post by txj »

He deserves a better club than Wigan and an owner who doesn't scrounge...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

txj wrote:He deserves a better club than Wigan and an owner who doesn't scrounge...
He'll most likely end up at Everton.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
txj wrote:He deserves a better club than Wigan and an owner who doesn't scrounge...
You got a good point :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
my thoughts too!!!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

GUEST wrote:Kudos to a Man who make the Best on What he Got Yr in and Yr out..

Kudos to a Man that Bring the Best out of what he Got withouth Complaining or Drama..

Congratulation Wigan..
I disagree. He's an amiable guy and his team plays entertaining football but Wigan have had 3 years to solidify their premier league status and have failed abysmally. There are teams operating on similar/smaller bugdets that have done much better in the EPL (West Brom, Norwich, Stoke, Swansea etc) The game against Swansea encapsulated his serious flaws as a manager.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

smartbrother wrote:

Congratulation Wigan..
I disagree. He's an amiable guy and his team plays entertaining football but Wigan have had 3 years to solidify their premier league status and have failed abysmally. There are teams operating on similar/smaller bugdets that have done much better in the EPL (West Brom, Norwich, Stoke, Swansea etc) The game against Swansea encapsulated his serious flaws as a manager.

Ok verysmartbrother :roll: :roll: :roll:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Valid points being made by SB. Martinez, cant keep toying with relegation and be considered a great. His innovation is worthy of applause, but, he has been reckless at times with Wigan's season and may well be taking them down.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

highbury wrote:
smartbrother wrote:

Congratulation Wigan..

Ok verysmartbrother :roll: :roll: :roll:
Wow highbury Thats a clever response by your standards. Good to see inhaling and exhaling haven't drained you of what little brain power you possess
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Valid points being made by SB. Martinez, cant keep toying with relegation and be considered a great. His innovation is worthy of applause, but, he has been reckless at times with Wigan's season and may well be taking them down.

With an owner uninterested in reinvesting in his club after selling his crown jewels, u will keep flirting with relegation...

Look at how Swansea keep refreshing their squad with cheap but talented players, but no him...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ceejay22 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
my thoughts too!!!!

I expect the Scot, Lennon or Mckay to get it

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Coach wrote:Valid points being made by SB. Martinez, cant keep toying with relegation and be considered a great. His innovation is worthy of applause, but, he has been reckless at times with Wigan's season and may well be taking them down.
What point is he making, Wigan made a profit last years by selling it's two main strikers Moses and Hugo Rodallega. The previous year they sold Nzobia. You can't continue selling your best talent and expect to stay in the EPL. Its a miracle that a club like Wigan survives every year, talkless winning the FA cup.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

realtrouble wrote:
What point is he making, Wigan made a profit last years by selling it's two main strikers Moses and Hugo Rodallega. The previous year they sold Nzobia. You can't continue selling your best talent and expect to stay in the EPL. Its a miracle that a club like Wigan survives every year, talkless winning the FA cup.

Dude youre just parroting the same dumb logic perpetuated by morons in the media. When Wigan wins its a "miracle" .When they go on crazy losing streaks its because they don't have good players. Imho they have a very good team! Dont take my word for it. Just look at today's result. Obviously they have a team that is good enough to win the FA cup ; on multiple occasions I watched them comfortably beat some of the best teams in the EPL. If you want to know the reason they are perpetually relegation threatened look no further than the Swansea game earlier this week. They dominated the first half , then panicked and ended up imploding in the second. I can assure they did not lose that game because of injuries or because they sold Moses, Nzogbia or Rodallega two seasons ago. The reason they struggle is because they are a jekyll and hyde team with longer hyde phases than jekylll. After having 4 seasons to get it right, a better manager -say a Pulis, Moyes, Jol, Hodgson or Rogers- would have figured out by now how to reduce the unpredictability of his team's performances and get consistency out of their squad even if it meant playing ugly football. For me, Martinez is a good cup manager but thats about it. As an elite league manager he has been rather poor
Last edited by smartbrother on Sat May 11, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

He should have bounced last season.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

smartbrother wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Dude youre just parroting the same dumb logic perpetuated by morons in the media. When Wigan wins its a "miracle" .When they go on crazy losing streaks its because they don't have good players. Imho they have a very good team! Dont take my word for it. Just look at today's result. Obviously they have a team that is good enough to win the FA cup ; on multiple occasions I watched them comfortably beat some of the best teams in the EPL. If you want to know the reason they are perpetually relegation threatened look no further than the Swansea game earlier this week. They dominated the first half , then panicked and ended up imploding in the second. I can assure they did not lose that game because of injuries or because they sold Moses, Nzogbia or Rodallega two seasons ago. The reason they struggle is because they are a jekyll and hyde team with longer hyde phases than jekylll. After having 4 seasons to get it right, a better manager -say a Pulis, Moyes, Jol, Hodgson and Rogers- would have figured out by now how to reduce the unpredictability of his team's performances and get consistency out of their squad even if it meant playing ugly football. For me, Martinez is a good cup manager but thats about it. As an elite league manager he has been rather poor

Could it perhaps be cus cup games are one off games, and league games are a marathon where the depth and health of ur squad is important?

Do you by any chance know how many games they had played in the ten days b/4 the swansea match?

Or the number of key defenders who were out injured, like Alcaraz who played today even with a calf strain?

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

txj wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Dude youre just parroting the same dumb logic perpetuated by morons in the media. When Wigan wins its a "miracle" .When they go on crazy losing streaks its because they don't have good players. Imho they have a very good team! Dont take my word for it. Just look at today's result. Obviously they have a team that is good enough to win the FA cup ; on multiple occasions I watched them comfortably beat some of the best teams in the EPL. If you want to know the reason they are perpetually relegation threatened look no further than the Swansea game earlier this week. They dominated the first half , then panicked and ended up imploding in the second. I can assure they did not lose that game because of injuries or because they sold Moses, Nzogbia or Rodallega two seasons ago. The reason they struggle is because they are a jekyll and hyde team with longer hyde phases than jekylll. After having 4 seasons to get it right, a better manager -say a Pulis, Moyes, Jol, Hodgson and Rogers- would have figured out by now how to reduce the unpredictability of his team's performances and get consistency out of their squad even if it meant playing ugly football. For me, Martinez is a good cup manager but thats about it. As an elite league manager he has been rather poor

Could it perhaps be cus cup games are one off games, and league games are a marathon where the depth and health of ur squad is important?

Do you by any chance know how many games they had played in the ten days b/4 the swansea match?

Or the number of key defenders who were out injured, like Alcaraz who played today even with a calf strain?
Per the boldened I agree. I think he's a good cup manager. Unfortunately to be a top league manager you have to be able to deal with injuries and "marathon" seasons like every other EPL team
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Congratulation Wigan..
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

smartbrother wrote:
txj wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Per the boldened I agree. I think he's a good cup manager. Unfortunately to be a top league manager you have to be able to deal with injuries and "marathon" seasons like every other EPL team

And u can only deal with it when u have the tools to do so.

Aston Villa does not have a lot of money so they invest in youth. What has Dave Whelan done except take the money from txfers and run?

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Pathetic.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

This is just stupid. Based on the stats alone, the moron posted...you can tell that Belgium outplayed Greece. That happens once in a while and has nothing to do with the coach.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Did Thierry Henry play?
Bepanda