THE 2013-2014 SEASON TRANSFER/TRANSFER RUMOR THREAD!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani
Egg
Egg
Re: THE 2013-2014 SEASON TRANSFER/TRANSFER RUMOR THREAD!

Post by kalani »

Vincent. wrote:
paj wrote:Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 19m Barcelona prepare £20m bid for Manchester City star - http://bit.ly/13F9BuJ (Mirror)View summary Hide summary Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
..I expect them to be rebuffed...they're shopping hard for Puyol replacement..first it was David Luiz, then Hummels, now Kompany? What happened to La Masia? :rotf:
Don't believe anything you read in British tabloids regarding Barcelona or Real Madrid. They fabricate a lot of stories.
All tabloids make stories up.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kalani wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
paj wrote:Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 19m Barcelona prepare £20m bid for Manchester City star - http://bit.ly/13F9BuJ (Mirror)View summary Hide summary Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
..I expect them to be rebuffed...they're shopping hard for Puyol replacement..first it was David Luiz, then Hummels, now Kompany? What happened to La Masia? :rotf:
Don't believe anything you read in British tabloids regarding Barcelona or Real Madrid. They fabricate a lot of stories.
All tabloids make stories up.
a lot of the stories are unbelievable...I dont wait for the newspapers...I follow maybe 4-5 sources and mostly about Chelsea related stuff...this Barca thing caught the eye because they're badly in need of a defender..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Bild.de is reporting that Gomez is likely to join Napoli.
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario ... .bild.html
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kofi86 wrote:Bild.de is reporting that Gomez is likely to join Napoli.
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario ... .bild.html
...this should free up Cavani but then that 63M Euros is so hefty i'm not sure Chelsea go meet am o..if we were baulking @ Falcao's fee...this one wey pass am nko?Difference is there's no 3rd party to worry about..
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Celtic: Southampton talk to Victor Wanyama after agreeing £12m fee

Representatives of Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama are in talks with Southampton after a fee in the region of £12m was agreed between the two clubs.

The Kenyan, 21, is keen to leave Celtic after two years in Glasgow but he has yet to agree personal terms.

It is understood there is also interest from Southampton's Premier League rivals Cardiff City.

Wanyama joined Celtic for £900,000 from Beerschot in July 2011.

The Kenya midfielder has been tipped to move to a richer club since starring in Celtic's Champions League group-stage win over Barcelona.

And manager Neil Lennon has admitted he might struggle to keep his top players despite back-to-back title wins.

In October, Lennon revealed that Wanyama had rejected the offer of a new contract beyond the four-year deal he signed when joining Celtic.

After Wanyama shone at Champions League level, Lennon had suggested that the player was worth £25m.

bbc.co.uk
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Transfer news: Stephane Sessegnon in Sunderland exit link, Sky sources understand

Sky sources understand Stephane Sessegnon has been told he can leave Sunderland, but he is not interested in a rumoured move to China.

Reports emerged this week that Tianjin Teda were interested in the forward, but Sky Tyne and Wear understands he would not consider a move from the north east of England to the north east of China.

A source close to the player insists he is happy at Sunderland and was willing to commit his future to the club, but the Black Cats are now open to offers for the former Paris Saint Germain man.

The source told Sky Tyne and Wear: "He [Sessegnon] has been told he can go.

"He was very happy to commit and stay at Sunderland but if the club wants a clear-out what can you do?"

Work is under way to find the Benin international a new club but a move is not imminent, with the source adding: "At the moment it is quiet."

Sessegnon has scored 18 goals for Sunderland since joining from PSG in 2011 for £6m
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

coach u dey now follow sunderland transfer talks ? :lol: :lol: :lol: arsenal nko ?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@LB, Arsenal come into effect at 2300hrs on the 31st August.

Transfer News: Corinthians wait to hold talks with Tottenham target Paulinho

Corinthians are waiting to hold talks with Paulinho after the midfielder claimed it would be a 'fantastic opportunity' to play for Tottenham Hotspur.

Paulinho is currently on Confederations Cup duty with Brazil and claimed last week that Premier League side Spurs had made an offer.

Reports suggest that Spurs have matched the 24-year-old's €20million (£17m) buy-out clause and Corinthians director Duilio Monteiro Alves wants to discuss the situation with Paulinho after the Confederations Cup.

"The buy-out fee is 20million Euros and Corinthians can't do anything," Alves told UOL. "We'll talk with him.

"Paulinho already knows about the offer, we told him.

"He asked to wait until he returns from the national team. When he comes, the final decision will be made."

Paulinho had also been linked with Serie A duo Inter Milan and Roma, but has confirmed he cannot reject the chance to move to White Hart Lane.

"I feel I am ready to experience football at the highest level in Europe and the opportunity to play in England is a dream," Paulinho is quoted in The Independent.

"It's a great pleasure to be linked to such a great club like Tottenham. They have a reputation as one of the great clubs in England who play exciting, attacking football which suits my style.

"I couldn't turn them down if they made me an offer. It would be a fantastic opportunity to play for Tottenham."

Spurs have yet to comment on the reported deal and, at the weekend, manager Andre Villas-Boas cooled rumours of a move for Paulinho's Brazilian team-mate Bernard
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..bia..Coach..U sure sey dat clear liquid U dey drink na wata? :shock: because..U don dey yan non-CFC related material o!U be my pesin so I no wan make mods "moderate" U comot go Ghanaweb O! :ohmy:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Paj, THE 2013-2014 SEASON TRANSFER/TRANSFER RUMOR THREAD!...Didn't realise 'The' was an alias for Chelsea Football Club.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Coach wrote:@Paj, THE 2013-2014 SEASON TRANSFER/TRANSFER RUMOR THREAD!...Didn't realise 'The' was an alias for Chelsea Football Club.
:shock: ........ :blink: ..U no lie o! :shock: chei!! *zooms outta thread!" :tic:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Everton have rejected an official bid from Manchester United for left-back Leighton Baines, according to Sky sources.

Baines has been linked with a move to Old Trafford since the end of last season and David Moyes' switch from Goodison Park to replace Sir Alex Ferguson.

But Everton are determined to hold on to the England international as new manager Roberto Martinez shapes his squad for next season.

Martinez hinted two weeks ago he is keen to reward Baines, who has two years left to run on his current deal, with a new contract and the player himself said this week he is looking forward to working under the former Wigan boss.

"He has a different style to what we have been used to but I think it is progressive and it will move us forward," said the 28-year-old.

"It is also exciting for the players to be able to try that now.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Real Madrid have offered cash and players - including 25-year-old Argentina winger Angel di Maria - to Tottenham in an attempt to deliver Gareth Bale for newly appointed boss manager Carlo Ancelotti.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester City could offer 27-year-old striker Edin Dzeko to Borussia Dortmund as part of the deal to bring striker Robert Lewandowski, 24, to the Etihad
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

paj wrote:
Coach wrote:@Paj, THE 2013-2014 SEASON TRANSFER/TRANSFER RUMOR THREAD!...Didn't realise 'The' was an alias for Chelsea Football Club.
:shock: ........ :blink: ..U no lie o! :shock: chei!! *zooms outta thread!" :tic:
Rafael Benitez claims Real Madrid have "recovered their values" after appointing Carlo Ancelotti as manager. Benitez, now at Napoli, faced the Italian twice in Champions League finals.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Manchester City have signed Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo subject to a medical, according to the Spanish club.

The 27-year-old said he was looking forward to taking his career to the next stage at a farewell press conference in Seville.

"For four years I have been very happy, but I think my time was over here," said the Spain international.

City are reported to be paying around £20m (23m euros) for the forward, who scored 26 La Liga goals last season.

Should the transfer go through, Negredo will join former Sevilla team-mate Jesus Navas at the Etihad Stadium.

Winger Navas, 27, sealed a £14.9m transfer on a four-year deal earlier this summer and Negredo said he was looking forward to reuniting with his former team-mate.

"I am happy to be spending another year with him," he said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Sevilla revealed in a statement that Negredo was joining City.

Club president Jose Maria del Nido said: "Manchester City are buying a great player, the top-scoring Spaniard in La Liga.

"This is a big deal for Sevilla, the second most important in our history after we sold (now-Barcelona full-back) Daniel Alves, and the player will sign the contract of his life.

"Everyone should be happy - it is a great deal for all three parties."

Negredo has won 14 international caps, scoring six goals, and was part of Spain's victorious Euro 2012 squad.

sauce: Worcester
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Maicon leaves Manchester City to join Roma

Manchester City right-back Maicon has completed a permanent move to Italian side Roma for an undisclosed fee.

Maicon, 31, failed to impress in his only season with City after joining from Inter Milan on transfer deadline-day last August for a reported £3m fee.

The Brazil international struggled for form and fitness throughout, making 13 appearances in all competitions.

The transfer sees Maicon return to Serie A after previously enjoying a trophy-laden six-year spell with Inter.

The switch continues the reshaping of City's squad under new manager Manuel Pellegrini.

Striker Carlos Tevez has been sold to Juventus, while centre-back Kolo Toure, striker Roque Santa Cruz and left-back Wayne Bridge have all left the club after their
contracts expired.

The Chilean has brought in midfielder Fernandinho for a fee of about £30m, Sevilla winger Jesus Navas for £14.9m and striker Alvaro Negredo subject to a medical for approximately £20m, according to Sevilla.

sauce: Horseradish

Was absolute garbage, 31 and finished! A whole Maicon. Gareth Bale legend killer? Maicon never recovered from the brutal beating he received.