SOLOWE'S TOP 10 FOOTBALL ACADEMIES IN NIGERIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SOLOWE'S TOP 10 FOOTBALL ACADEMIES IN NIGERIA

Post by Cito »

txj wrote:I think the NFF needs to regulate the academies- set minimum standards, and collaborate with them more formally and not under the table...

Min stds on coaching, record keeping...

That is what the NTD needs to do for the NFF- develop programs which they can collaborate on; set broad framework for training vis a vis age groups, etc
Say it aint so. You want those 'estacode conscious' morons to regulate these academies? Do you really hate the progress of football in Nigeria that much to make such a suggestion? :scared:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Amuneke’s boys set for Iber Cup

http://nigeriavibe.com/?cat=160

By George Aluo
Emmanuel Amuneke’s soccer academy will this summer storm Estoril, Portugal to compete in the annual Iber Cup which runs from July 1-6.
African representatives of the Iber Cup organizers, Serahana sports disclosed yesterday that two other youth clubs from Africa will be in Portugal for the youth soccer fiesta.
Seharana sports spokesman, Godson Ekadi told Daily Sunsports that Amuneke’s outfit and the other two clubs from Zambia and Cote d’Ivoire have concluded their registration for the event.
“This year we shall be featuring three youth academies from Africa in the IBERCUP, Lusaka Youth Soccer Academy, Zambia, Napoli FC, Ivory Coast, and Emmanuel Amunike Academy Nigeria. The three academies have fully registered and we will in the next few weeks begin to process their visas. We want to do that early to avoid last minute fire brigade approach,” Ekadi said.
He pointed out that a Nigerian club COD FC of Lagos was part of the Iber Cup last year alongside the Zambian academy, that is making its second consecutive appearance.
Ekadi noted that the Iber Cup is the biggest youth soccer fiesta in Europe. The tournament he disclosed attracts clubs from over 40 countries with about 6000 players, coaches and scouts participating.
“This year’s event is attracting the academies of big clubs like Barcelona, PSG, Sevilla and Brazil’s Vasco Dagama. It is a carnival of some sort. Scouts are there to pick the kids and a whole lot of football business go on alongside the tournament,” Ekadi stated.
Apart from the Iber Cup, Seharana has also secured the right of being the African representatives of the organizers of the annual Brazil Cup.
“We also have the mandate with written evidence to henceforth represent the organizers of Brazil Cup in Africa with the very attractive FIFA World Cup 2014 package attached for participants,” Ekadi said.

Original post by Our Reporter

This entry was posted in COVER, Emmanuel Amunike, Sports on April 3, 2013 by .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Solowe wrote:
txj wrote:I think the NFF needs to regulate the academies- set minimum standards, and collaborate with them more formally and not under the table...

That is what the NTD needs to do for the NFF- develop programs which they can collaborate on; set broad framework for training vis a vis age groups, etc
I think they are already doing that...but not enough in my opinion. You have to be registered to be an accredited academy... I am not sure what the minimum standards are.

But the like everything else, the cream will rise to the top... those who are serious and understand the value of what they have will make the necessary investments and will attract the best student. They also need to have some sort of league with player and team rankings.

I am impressed with a lot of the ones in the top 10.. most of them go overseas on a yearly basis and go play against their peers all over the world. I was just reading about Amunikes and the Kwara academy on foreign tours.

Not in any formal sense- hence my point about under the table, cus some of the academies ar owned by NFF interests..

The idea is for a collaborative relationship, not a command and control one. Focus being on coaching/training standards, record keeping, etc.

IMO the NFF should be developing an elite national program for periodic training of top academy players according to key age groups, 15, 18yrs etc...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

txj wrote:
Solowe wrote:

I think they are already doing that...but not enough in my opinion. You have to be registered to be an accredited academy... I am not sure what the minimum standards are.

But the like everything else, the cream will rise to the top... those who are serious and understand the value of what they have will make the necessary investments and will attract the best student. They also need to have some sort of league with player and team rankings.

I am impressed with a lot of the ones in the top 10.. most of them go overseas on a yearly basis and go play against their peers all over the world. I was just reading about Amunikes and the Kwara academy on foreign tours.

Not in any formal sense- hence my point about under the table, cus some of the academies ar owned by NFF interests..

The idea is for a collaborative relationship, not a command and control one. Focus being on coaching/training standards, record keeping, etc.

IMO the NFF should be developing an elite national program for periodic training of top academy players according to key age groups, 15, 18yrs etc...
Again, I think they are already doing that... The have U-13, U-15, u17 national teams.....all drawn from the academies...

I don't think our football federation are as bad as people make them out to be...actually, I think they are pretty great. And I have said that for years on CE , even though no one agrees with me :mrgreen: I have said pound for pound , naira for Naira, the results they have achieved over the last 40 years is pretty remarkable for a cash starved organization.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

FOSLA Academy are the winners of the last edition of the U-13 championship held in FCT. The academy is located at Karshi, Abuja, a developing border town of the Federal Capital Territory with good topology, surrounded by adjoining hills with neat double carriage roads, and serene environment that makes reading conducive.

FOSLA ACADEMY is a privately owned Junior and Senior Secondary School with emphasis on providing youth that are naturally endowed in football the opportunity to continue their education while pursuing their careers in the game. The school programme is in line with the curriculum of the Nigeria Policy of Education.

FOSLA ACADEMY: How it all began
It has been the singular belief of the Proprietor of the Academy Alhaji Sani Lulu Abdullahi that not all footballers would make a living from football, while also not all who are educated will also feed through their certificates. He always desires that combining the two will make better citizens from the youths. This may have emanated from his years of experience as the foremost footballer in his youthful years, sports administrator, FCT Director of Sports, Vice Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association and later the President of the Nigeria Football Federation.

FOSLA Academy emerged to provide an avenue for youths that are naturally endowed in football to have a platform to develop their talents, and inculcate the spirit of patriotism, service to fatherland and fear and love of God.

The Academy began in 1990 with the formation of SAFLO which was aimed at encouraging the youths in the rural areas in the country to participate in youth competitions, where they would be discovered and offer financial assistance to further their education in the various secondary schools in their locality.

In 2005, SAFLO metamorphosed to FOSLA Academy Ltd with an enlarged vision of empowering the youths through the game of football to ensure that they emerged intelligent, enlightened and talented citizens of the country.

After undergoing a study tour of some of the internationally acclaimed Football Academies in the World, the scope of the Academy was further enlarged to ensure that the over 50 students enjoying the Academy’s scholarship be brought together and be adequately guided in their chosen career.

The academy has been in existence for over a decade but has not really documented success stories and follow ups on proceedings, but notably is their current form and status which is a significant achievement and first of its kind.

Soccer Press speaks with the Administrative Manager, Johnson Okotie
Are the students like those in other schools in terms of educational curriculum?
Our students are just like other students in other schools but we believe that as a child is growing and developing his skills intellectually, the area of psychomotor activities should not be neglected so that is why we are trying to balance the equation. All our students are boarders, we don’t admit day students and we have a reason for this. It is so that we could be able to understudy and inculcate them with the desired knowledge and discipline.

The existence of this academy, do you see it having any impact on the development of football in the country?
Definitely, it will because the prospects for the students are very positive in the sense that recently, they represented the FCT U-13 in the general federal competition and they came first. We have been going for many competitions of that sort and since my assumption of office as the Head of Admin in the school, I have not seen any club that has defeated us. We even went as far as facing the Falconets two years ago and we were able to beat them as well. So, I want to tell you that the impact our boys will have on this nation cannot be overemphasized.

There have been agitations for an academy league. What is your take on that?
Well, l strongly agree with the formation of such a league. We also have something like that. Recently, we organized the 2012 edition of the annual FOSLA Academy U-13 Football Championship, which was held between 20th and 21st of April at our academy.

The championship was aimed at identifying talented footballers who would be given scholarship to study at the prestigious institution owned by former NFF president, Alhaji Sani Lulu Abdullahi.

A total of 150 young players from the six Area Councils in the FCT who are eager to combine their academics with education took part in the one-day competition. So having an academy league like other premiership competition will be a welcome development.

But if such a league be organized, can your students have the time to participate?
Well, of course we will. I have earlier on talked about the two programs we have here. When these students came to this school, they were so raw but as time went on, you can see them adjusting and coming up to expectation. These students don’t allow one aspect to affect the other. When it is time for them to sit for their exams, you will see them reading as if they are in a higher institution and when it’s time to play football, they play it to the best of their knowledge. What I am saying is that these are some of the opportunities we have been looking for. So if this opportunity should come our way, we will have no alternative but to grab it.

How does a player join the academy?
The proprietor of the school has tried his best possible to serve his nation on humanitarian grounds. The first set of students came on scholarship and he was the sponsor of these students. About 25 of them came and he sponsored them. Even just last year, the present SS 1 students were joined by 10 students on scholarship. He is still the one that finances them. Our tuition fees are affordable. The forms are for just N5,000 and the school fees is just N750,000. The grace we give to the students is, if the parents are bringing them, they can pay this money in three installments. The fee is for a whole session and is broken down into three. The fee for the first term is N300,000, for the second term it’s N250,000 and just N200,000 for the third term. Development levy is about N25,000. However, those on scholarship do not pay anything.

The academy's head coach, Coach Igwe, also speaks with Soccer Press
What do you look out for in a player?
What you look for in a player is that they must have good skills, hard work, the abilities of shooting and goal scoring …that is a potential of every good player. They also must have focus, know how to create chances and be very creative whether as a midfielder, as an attacker, as a defender.

How can they know how to be all that you want them to be?
As an individual player, every player has his own skills. As a coach you look at a player and see what areas he is good and the areas he is lacking in and try to build him in the areas he is lacking and the areas he is good in, he is encouraged to concentrate on that area.

How has it been coaching these students?
Well, it is my joy that they have been able to catch up with the desired skills. I know my greatest task is to ensure continuity and teach them more of the rules of the game.

Are you saying you are satisfied with what you are seeing so far?
At least 80 percent satisfied, though they had not disappointed me in any way. We have been victorious all along. They just need to grow in the game, which is why I am here and they are with me.

KNOW MORE ABOUT FOSLA ACADEMY
• In FOSLA Academy, students are allowed to combine their academic activities with their football programmes.
• The Teaching staff are well-qualified, disciplined, and intelligent, with academic excellence as their watch word.
• FOSLA Academy has qualified football coaches attached to the students.
• The football programmes are embedded in the school curriculum to ensure that all are interwoven.
• Students are taught on how to play the game from the basics.
• There are adequate facilities to enhance the rapid development in the game at FOSLA Academy
• FOSLA Academy classrooms are very conducive for learning, with only 25 students per class. They are well ventilated and well-illuminated.
• Hostels are spacious with self-contained rooms for students. Each of the rooms has three double deck beds, separate toilets and bathrooms. Above all, each student has a separate locker for safe keeping of his personal belongings. Mattress, Pillows and Bed sheets are provided by the school.
• The school is fully equipped with separate Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Agricultural Science Laboratories. All the science equipment, fittings, furniture, chemicals are provided in conformity with government approved science models.
• Well equipped computer laboratory provides Hi – Tech computers with emphasis on “one student, one computer. The computers are connected to the internet, but accessible only with permission of the Principal.
• Provision of meals at FOSLA Academy can be phrased as “FEEL AT HOME”. Catering staff are headed by an experienced chef. Students are fed four (4) times a day: Snack: 7:15am; Breakfast: 10:00am; Lunch: 2:00pm, and Dinner: 6:30pm.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Solowe wrote:

10.Ondo State Football Academy
Owner: Ondo State Football Academy, under the auspices of the Ondo State Football Agency (OSFA
Affiliated with: State Government
Prominent Ex Students: Jeffery Oboabona
Infrastructure: All 18 local governments in Ondo State will ultimately be fully involved in this ambitious youth development, which aims to produce talent for the state and beyond within a short time. 3 Centers have been opened in Akure, Ondo and owo in 2010.

Godfrey.

A number of Sunshine Stars players are also graduates of OSFA. BTW, OSFA will be playing in the final of the Mimiko International Soccer Tournament which ends on Sunday. The tournament is for u-18 boys and featured 16 teams from both withing & outside the country.

I also think an RCCG parish in Lagos runs a sort of academy or ouright academy. I think they are the ones that played SE in a practice match sometimes ago. I stand to be corrected; they played in the final of the Lagos State Challenge Cup.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:bump:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Solowe wrote:Paul is the coach of the Kwara football academy ... http://www.kitcarsonfootball.com/academ ... ll-academy

Paul Ashworth gives us an interesting insight into the workings of a Nigerian Football Academy. I hope his article will inspire others to write about Football Academies in their countries.

Paul
Hullo,

Its an honour to be asked to write a column for Kit and I want to write about my current experiences in Nigeria.

As you will see if you went to our website at http://www.kwfcacademy.com I am the Technical Director of the Kwara Football Academy. This Academy was set up just over 3 years ago by the "governor" of Kwara State one of 36 States in Nigeria with a view to giving an opportunity to young footballers across Nigeria.

It is aimed at players aged 14-19 and our goal is to produce players for European Professional Leagues, The Professional League of Nigeria, other African Leagues and ultimately for the National Side known as "The Super Eagles". It is the only Academy of its sort in Nigeria in that it is for boarders. There are other Academies in Nigeria but none have boarders.

When I first came here we had 700 boys living in the Academy from all over Nigeria and in my first month I got it down to 40 boys, leaving room for another 30 to join us after our "trials" which will be held all over Nigeria soon. WE hope to see over 2000 boys at these trials from 5 main cities and so unearth new talent.

Nigeria is vast with a population of 150 million people. It is "Football Mad". All of the players and young people are not obese, have an excellent diet (although some are undernourished) and have very athletic bodies. We are currently having fitness tests when one requirement to stay in the Academy is to run the Cooper test (12 minute run) , the minimum requirement is 3600 meters which is a very high standard. I have some excellent talent to choose from, the best in my career and I am sure we will produce some excellent players.

Recently we sold 4 players to the Nigerian Premier league, have 3 on loan and one travelling to Latvia and one awaiting his visa to travel to an English Premiership Academy. All these players are aged 16-19 years.

Our biggest problem is to find opposition to play and both intermediate (15-16) and senior ( aged 17-19) play men's teams or senior sides. We constantly play against 30 year old's and younger. At present we have drawn with the 4th placed team in the Premier league (0-0) and beaten the Division Champions 2-0. This would be the equivalent of an Academy drawing against Tottenham Hotspur in England and beating Newcastle United. We have since lost 9 boys to professional sides and are due to play them shortly. Since I have been here we have lost just one game 3-2 to a senior team from our State although without making excuses we had not put our best team out against them. We play at least one game a week for each age group so in 3 months you can imagine how many games we have won, or rarely drawn. We have brilliant intermediates (born1994) and I am very keen to bring therm to a European tournament to face top opposition.

On the more unusual side of life here many things which in Europe we take for granted are missing. We get power cuts at least two times per day. This means no electricity for hours on end . This means no water for washing as the electric pumps don't work.

Our boarders are usually from poor backgrounds and go to school each day and we feed them excellent diets three times a day. Parents are very grateful for this. They go home just twice a year, one in the summer and one at Christmas and some have no means of communicating with their families. So even in emergencies there may be no way the boy will know. We are so fortunate with our infrastructure in Europe.

On a happier note the boys often sing and I can hear them at their hostel together or in their own rooms with a chorus of African songs. We went today on a 30 minute "recovery run" and as they were running they burst into song, all taking part to a beautiful breathtaking tune. One of our coaches was dancing as they were singing and I made a short video which I hope to put on our web site soon. To a European it was an amazing sight - I have never seen anything like it in football before.

The boys are all very religious and before and after every training session they pray together to thank God for the training. One boy will pray as a Christian and another as a Muslim - but will all join in each others prayers. Before and after a game and even at half time they pray together. When you see the Nigerian team in a huddle its to pray not discuss tactics. To see Muslims and Christians working together in perfect harmony is an example to the whole world.

I have had many adventures and will have many more. I hope you found this interesting and I hope to send further insights into the life of a Nigerian Academy in the months ahead.

Paul.

Cooper test, thats rough. Those kids are running over 2.2miles in 12 minutes. That is a sub 6 minutes mile. WOW
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Sunset wrote::bump:

so what did I do now sunset ? you seem to love bringing up my old threads
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Solowe wrote:BTW,

If anybody out there has names or information or links to websites of some great academies out there in Nigeria, please post the information. I am going to do another comprehensive review in 6 months .
I'll simple evaluate them against the rest of the field based on the criteria I already discussed.

Thanks
You dey fall my hand oooooo
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Sunset wrote:
Solowe wrote:BTW,

If anybody out there has names or information or links to websites of some great academies out there in Nigeria, please post the information. I am going to do another comprehensive review in 6 months .
I'll simple evaluate them against the rest of the field based on the criteria I already discussed.

Thanks
You dey fall my hand oooooo

Apart from COD, not much has changed. Mega app..changes its name since selling Isacc Success.. there is one group in Abuja(alampasu' s academy) I am going to add ....

What else ?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Sunset, Feel free to write your own list ...new thread..
I no get time right now..
:biggrin:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Solowe wrote:Paul is the coach of the Kwara football academy ... http://www.kitcarsonfootball.com/academ ... ll-academy

Paul Ashworth gives us an interesting insight into the workings of a Nigerian Football Academy. I hope his article will inspire others to write about Football Academies in their countries.

Paul
Hullo,

Its an honour to be asked to write a column for Kit and I want to write about my current experiences in Nigeria.

As you will see if you went to our website at http://www.kwfcacademy.com I am the Technical Director of the Kwara Football Academy. This Academy was set up just over 3 years ago by the "governor" of Kwara State one of 36 States in Nigeria with a view to giving an opportunity to young footballers across Nigeria.

It is aimed at players aged 14-19 and our goal is to produce players for European Professional Leagues, The Professional League of Nigeria, other African Leagues and ultimately for the National Side known as "The Super Eagles". It is the only Academy of its sort in Nigeria in that it is for boarders. There are other Academies in Nigeria but none have boarders.

When I first came here we had 700 boys living in the Academy from all over Nigeria and in my first month I got it down to 40 boys, leaving room for another 30 to join us after our "trials" which will be held all over Nigeria soon. WE hope to see over 2000 boys at these trials from 5 main cities and so unearth new talent.

Nigeria is vast with a population of 150 million people. It is "Football Mad". All of the players and young people are not obese, have an excellent diet (although some are undernourished) and have very athletic bodies. We are currently having fitness tests when one requirement to stay in the Academy is to run the Cooper test (12 minute run) , the minimum requirement is 3600 meters which is a very high standard. I have some excellent talent to choose from, the best in my career and I am sure we will produce some excellent players.

Recently we sold 4 players to the Nigerian Premier league, have 3 on loan and one travelling to Latvia and one awaiting his visa to travel to an English Premiership Academy. All these players are aged 16-19 years.

Our biggest problem is to find opposition to play and both intermediate (15-16) and senior ( aged 17-19) play men's teams or senior sides. We constantly play against 30 year old's and younger. At present we have drawn with the 4th placed team in the Premier league (0-0) and beaten the Division Champions 2-0. This would be the equivalent of an Academy drawing against Tottenham Hotspur in England and beating Newcastle United. We have since lost 9 boys to professional sides and are due to play them shortly. Since I have been here we have lost just one game 3-2 to a senior team from our State although without making excuses we had not put our best team out against them. We play at least one game a week for each age group so in 3 months you can imagine how many games we have won, or rarely drawn. We have brilliant intermediates (born1994) and I am very keen to bring therm to a European tournament to face top opposition.

On the more unusual side of life here many things which in Europe we take for granted are missing. We get power cuts at least two times per day. This means no electricity for hours on end . This means no water for washing as the electric pumps don't work.

Our boarders are usually from poor backgrounds and go to school each day and we feed them excellent diets three times a day. Parents are very grateful for this. They go home just twice a year, one in the summer and one at Christmas and some have no means of communicating with their families. So even in emergencies there may be no way the boy will know. We are so fortunate with our infrastructure in Europe.

On a happier note the boys often sing and I can hear them at their hostel together or in their own rooms with a chorus of African songs. We went today on a 30 minute "recovery run" and as they were running they burst into song, all taking part to a beautiful breathtaking tune. One of our coaches was dancing as they were singing and I made a short video which I hope to put on our web site soon. To a European it was an amazing sight - I have never seen anything like it in football before.

The boys are all very religious and before and after every training session they pray together to thank God for the training. One boy will pray as a Christian and another as a Muslim - but will all join in each others prayers. Before and after a game and even at half time they pray together. When you see the Nigerian team in a huddle its to pray not discuss tactics. To see Muslims and Christians working together in perfect harmony is an example to the whole world.

I have had many adventures and will have many more. I hope you found this interesting and I hope to send further insights into the life of a Nigerian Academy in the months ahead.

Paul.

Wow! How did you get all this info? Pretty Good I must say :clap: :clap: :clap:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

https://cheeronnigeria.blogspot.com/201 ... es-in.html
10 WORLD CLASS FOOTBALL ACADEMIES IN NIGERIA: Developing Future Stars
Football Career, Football Products, Football Trials, Nigeria's Football Academies

Football academies have taken center stage in the development of quality players for the under 16 and under 21 national teams in Nigeria. Football business entrepreneurs now establish academies to make profit from the transfer market.

Several professional clubs, especially in Europe, partner with brands and sports managers here in Nigeria to establish standard football academies, which eventually serve as feeder teams.

Let’s look at ten of these academies that are world class in terms of qualified personnel, facilities, exposures, partnerships, affiliations and indeed, their achievements so far.

No1, Pepsi Football Academy (PFA):
Established by Pepsi. PFA is the brainchild of Iain Nelson, the then African Marketing director for Pepsi brand in Nigeria. Today, the academy is managed by the Executive Director/ Proprietor, Kasimawo Laloko, a veteran coach who had managed Stationery Stores FC and Nigeria national teams in the past.

PFA had developed some of the biggest footballers in Nigeria today: Mikel Obi, Elderson Echiejile, Joseph Akpala, Dominic Chatto and recently for 2013 victorious Golden Eaglets, Taiwo Awoniyi.

Several opportunities are open for the students in the academy. Pepsi has already awarded 20 players scholarship to study in the UK.

Originally based in Lagos at Agege Stadium, Pepsi academy now has 14 centers across the country and has over 3000 students.

In its main center in Lagos, PFA has a privately owned residential college of International standard. The school run Nigeria secondary school curriculum at 4 Sagamu/ Abeokuta Expressway Orile-Imo, Ogun State.

Link PepsiAcademy website Here.

No2, Kwara State Football Academy (KWFA):
Established 2005 by Kwara state government. KWFA is the initiative of Bukola Saraki, Kwara state governor. The academy which commenced operations with former Nigeria national team technical adviser, Clemence Westerhof, is now managed by a Swedish technical director, Paul Ashwonth.
Ashwonth had managed many professional teams in Europe including Dynamo Kiev and FC Peterborough. Apart from Ashwonth, the academy has 7 other coaches, who are former Nigeria International footballers with coaching certificates.

KWFA has already developed players like Ahmed Abdul Taofix, who now plays for FK Vents polis of Latvia. Yaya and Okon were also in Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets team that won 2013 under 16 world cup in UA

The academy currently has 150 students (age 13 – 21 years). It has training center in a facility situated on about 35 hectares of land within Kwara stadium complex Ilorin. It has a hostel that can accommodate 200 students, 4 standard pitches, a gymnasium, 3 blocks of 27 classrooms and a medical center. It runs a combination of British and Nigeria educational curriculum.

Link Kwaraacademy website here.

No3, Abuja Football College (AFC):
Established January 2012 by Gabriel Newton, founder/ FIFA Licensed instructor, in partnership with Haruna Abba.

AFC recently won FCT Federations cup and will be representing Abuja at the national level. It won the under 20 unity football competition tagged FCT 2013, beating years like Pepsi Academy, Kwara state academy…
AFC also got to the Semi finals of Croatia soccer tourney in July 2013, defeated Pro-clubs like FC Zagreb and Croatia’s under 21 national team.
AFC training center in an exclusive location at Wuse, Abuja Municipals Bwari, has residential suite that can accommodate 120 students. It also has a college with Wendy Cameron as the principal. The college run USA educational curriculum.

Contact Abuja Football college here

No 4, Midas Soccer Academy (MSA):
Midas Football Academy Nigeria was established in November 2006 to discover young soccer talents in Nigeria and the rest of Africa and make them better persons in the society, the academy is affiliated with the Nigeria Football Federation.

The Academy has participated in International youth tournaments in Germany, Denmark, Israel, South Africa as well as some local tournament in Nigeria and still producing exciting young talents with a dream to build a world class football facility for them in the nearest future where the players can combine high school education and soccer to reach their full potentials.
MFA has official partnership with soccer academies and youth clubs in Czech Republic, Portugal, United Kingdom and USA for their players to have an exchange program and tryouts throughout the year. Admission is always open all year round and they provide accommodation for players from all over Nigeria.

The academy can be contacted via it’s website at http://www.midasfootballacademy.com or its official Facebook page via this link https://www.facebook.com/midasfootballacademy.

No 5, Papilo Football Academy (PNKFA):
Established 2001 by Nwankwo Kanu, founder/ Nigeria’s football ambassador, ex-international that played with Ajax, Inter Milan, Arsenal, and Portsmouth…
PNKFA has succeeded in transferring over 10 players abroad. Notable among them are Joel Obi of Inter Milan and Super Eagles of Nigeria; Stanley Okoro of Battista, the one fans call ‘Little Messi.’

Kanu uses his connections to bring in international coaches like Bryan Robson, Gary Smith… to train the students on short courses.
The academy has over 200 players in Nwankwo Kanu’s private estate at Egbu Owerri road. Though, the academy still train at Dan Anyaim stadium cmplex and Uzii layout primary school, but Kanu is currently building what may be the largest football academy in Africa, at Owerri – Port Harcourt road, behind Concord Hotel. The academy is open to Under 15, under 17, under 19 students.

It isn’t all the establishments that claim to be ‘football academy’ in Nigeria actually meet the standard. But in recent years, we’re beginning to see real top class football academies spring up and I have been able to let you see five of these academies in my previous post. Click here to read
Now, let me show you the remaining five that can relatively be regarded as world class academies in Nigeria.

No 6, African Touch Football Academy (ATFA):
Established 2002 by Ash Rahman, who doubles as a coach and director of the academy. He has an assistant coach, Zahid Hossam,who had once been part of the coaching crew of Iraq national team. Then, Head fitness trainer, Joe Girma, who was former fitness trainer for Queen Park Rangers (QPR).
ATFA has succeeded in transferring Samuel Oji to Arsenal youth team, Abdul Koysor to Charlton Athletics and Leo Fisher to Watford.
ATFA is well established in London. It’s a place where scouts visit frequently to select students that meet certain specifications as required by their clubs. The academy is affiliated to Puma and Sports Solutions UK

Here in Abuja Nigeria, ATFA has good facilities at hose 56, Second Crescent, Abuja Municipal, Wuse. 2 fully grassed pitches, a gymnasium, hostel that can accommodate about 259 students.

Link AfricanTouch Academy Website here

No 7, City of David Football Academy (CODA):
Established 2009 by City of David parish of Redeem Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Lagos. CODA is the feeder team of COD first team, which competes in Nigeria National League (NNL).

COD won the Lagos state Federations cup and went on to represent the state at the national level in 2013. The academy has partnership relationship with Bolton Wanderers and both teams share resources. COD had already succeeded in transferring 7 players to the UK based club.
The Academy (CODA) has about 700 students in its under 10, Under 12, under 14, under 16, under 21 and the first team. All the students of the academy attend RCCG secondary school Lagos.
CODA training center are in three different locations. Some of the academy students train at Onikan stadium, where the first team also trains; while others train at Kings college pitch Lagos and Green spring school Lekki.

Contact CODA

No 8, Edo State Academicals (ESA):
Established 2007 by Edo State Government, as a football initiative to nurture exceptional talents in the state.

ESA became popular as one of it’s’ students, Kelechi Ihenacho, was awarded the Most Valuable Player (MVP) in 2013 FIFA under 16 World cup.
Kelechi Ihenacho and Isaac Success were selected out of the academical into the victorious Golden Eaglests team. The two players have since signed for Manchester City and Reggiana respectively.
ESA also has 5 players in the newly assembled Eaglets coached by Emmanuel Amunike. The academical has graduated 2 students that now play with Warri Wolves.
Students are selected into the academicals through ‘Governor’s cup,’ all Edo secondary schools competitions.

No 9 Buruji Soccer Academy (BSA):

Established 2007 by Rafiu Buruji, an Alternative Medicine Doctor and Publisher of Buruji Sports Weekly Magazine.

BSA has perhaps the best training facilities among academies in Nigeria. It own stadium at Ikorodu Lagos. It has well equipped gymnasium and other world class training equipment and kits. It also has a hostel accommodation that’s decorated like a hotel suite.
BSA recently started another branch of the academy in the UK, where it has a liaison office. The students usually participate in the yearly Arsenal festival and sometimes tour Villarreal in Spain.
BSA had succeeded in transferring Kelechi Odu to Ajax, Ahmed Salisu to Galatasaray in Turkey.

Link BurujiAcademy Website here

No 10, Pawas Soccer Academy (PSA):

Established 2006 by Paul Wahab, founder and sole sponsor of the academy. Wahab has recently reached a partnership agreement with ‘International Sports Management Africa (ISMA).

Phil Donaldson Badger, Chairman Goldmine Consult UK also represent the academy in Europe. Goldmine consult have been able to procure several trial tests in UK, Romania and United Arab Emirates for players in the academy.
PSA has also graduated 15 players, who now play in various Nigeria Premier League and Nigeria National League respectively.
PSA is like a school, all coaches and trainers closely monitor players’ educational development. This is the reason Wahab insisted on recruiting top class staff: Anthony Shan as chief coach; Daniel Barry, trainer and Ajala Koronde, Instructor.

The academy’s training center is at Command secondary school Zaria Road Jos Plateau state. PSA admit players from 17 – 21 years, but intend to expand its reach to talents between 6 – 16 years.

Link PawasAcademy Website here
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

When I tell people I am the most plagiarized person on CE...some people chuckle at it... I read there are approximately 550 football Academy's in Nigeria :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://nigerianfinder.com/top-5-best-f ... n-nigeria/
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Whats going on with Academies in Nigeria ? How come the present selection of golden Eaglets come mostly from very obscure academies ? Is this good or bad ?

THE FINAL TEAM LIST

Nigeria squad:
Goalkeepers: Sunday Stephen (Football College Academy), Joseph Oluwabusola (Bournemouth, England), Daniel Jinadu (West Ham United, England)

Defenders: Usman Ibrahim (Giant Brilliants FC), Quadri Edun (G12 FC), Charles Etim (Blessed Stars Academy), Ferdinard Ikenna (A&B FC)

Midfielders: Daniel Francis (FC Hearts), Monsuru Opeyemi (B. Angel FC), Ibrahim Said (Dabo Babes Academy), Samson Tijani (Collings Edwin FC), Hamzat Ojediran (Jossy United FC), Peter Agba (Falala FC)

Forwards: Wisdom Ubani (Giant Brilliants FC), Peter Olawale (Delta Warriors FC), Akinkunmi Amoo (Sidos FC), Oluwatimilehin Adeniyi (Sporting Dreams FC), Olakunle Olusegun (ABS FC), Ibraheem Jabaar (Ijebu FC), Abba Bichi (Talentbase Sport FC), Divine Nwachukwu (Riverline FC)
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

How could the NFF who have not proven competent enough to creat their own national football academy be expected to regulate 100+ private Academies?
What standards do the NFF require of themselves?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is really odd that few/none of these academies are affiliated to or owned by NPFL clubs. You would think it is in the clubs' interest to create an academy both as a pipeline for youth players into their first team, and to "engineer" talented young players that they can sell at a profit to North African and European clubs.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wiseone wrote:It is really odd that few/none of these academies are affiliate to or owned by NPFL clubs. You would think it is in the clubs' interest to create an academy both as a pipeline for youth players into their first team, and to "engineer" talented young players that they can sell at a profit to North African and European clubs.
Wiseone,

You should know why, given our environment. If the clubs own contractual rights to such players that makes it a bit difficult for individuals to solely profit from transfer of the contracts of those players. Read what the Jackal stated about players coming from unknown academies. Why is it so? The fact is that several such academies exist on paper only i.e. the listed players are simply signed to an agent who uses the 'academy' as a cover. This is the very reason it is important for the NFF to begin to regulate the environment. At the moment, there are some legitimate academies but so many others are simply fronts for owning contractual rights to emerging talent.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

JACKAL wrote:I know some may be wondering what Criteria I used in picking the best academies ? The criteria I used is listed under each organization:

Website: An updated website suggest legitimacy, organized, and management in place

Glo's website is kaput - http://glosocceracademy.com/
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Enugu II wrote:
wiseone wrote:It is really odd that few/none of these academies are affiliate to or owned by NPFL clubs. You would think it is in the clubs' interest to create an academy both as a pipeline for youth players into their first team, and to "engineer" talented young players that they can sell at a profit to North African and European clubs.
Wiseone,

You should know why, given our environment. If the clubs own contractual rights to such players that makes it a bit difficult for individuals to solely profit from transfer of the contracts of those players. Read what the Jackal stated about players coming from unknown academies. Why is it so? The fact is that several such academies exist on paper only i.e. the listed players are simply signed to an agent who uses the 'academy' as a cover. This is the very reason it is important for the NFF to begin to regulate the environment. At the moment, there are some legitimate academies but so many others are simply fronts for owning contractual rights to emerging talent.
EII,

Thanks fo explaining that ...I had no Idea that was was what was going on. I just found it curious ! This is why control, laws and regulation are so important from a centralized body. Its probably another way to evade paying Taxes as well.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:26 pm
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: