Spain team's hotel robbed at Confederations Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Imagine if this had happened in Africa during the World Cup

Football - Confederations Cup

Six players from the Spain squad had money stolen from their hotel rooms in Recife while they played their Confederations Cup opener against Uruguay.

Spain team's hotel robbed at Confederations Cup - Football - Confederations CupReuters

The players affected, including Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, made the discovery after the world and European champions's 2-1 victory over Uruguay on Sunday.

"We know there was a report, a police report and this was being dealt with by the relevant authorities, we have been in touch also with the team," FIFA spokesman Pekka Odriozola told a briefing.

"We are waiting to hear from the authorities. (We) don't have all details. We know there was an incident and the police are investigating."

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/conf ... tory.shtml
opine
Egg
Egg
Re: Spain team's hotel robbed at Confederations Cup

Post by opine »

Didnt this Happen to Egypt at the last confed cup in southAfrica. Something similar I believe
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...poor hotel security, or is it team security. Just station a person or two on the floor they stay.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote:...poor hotel security, or is it team security. Just station a person or two on the floor they stay.
Mumu, you don't even know the details and you are concluding - even the police are still trying to figure out what happened. How are you sure they don't have people stationed on the floor? FYI, some of the bravest robberies in world history were committed in Brazil :P .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mcal wrote:...poor hotel security, or is it team security. Just station a person or two on the floor they stay.
i've always felt travelling teams should go with their own security; 2 or 3 people to stay in the hotel and prevent these kinds of things

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

opine wrote:Didnt this Happen to Egypt at the last confed cup in southAfrica. Something similar I believe
Na ashewo rob the Egyptian players...they rented some etetete for the night, and the shewens left with more than the payment for their yeye service :D :taunt: :D
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Hmmm. So naija dey fo anything to discourage, distract & deceive Spain before the game? Na I see why area boys dey accompany team go games for akats. Chei. Four19 @ it's best. If u no know way, way no go know u.
Last edited by Man Ataye on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Hmmm. So naija dey fo anything to discourage, distract & deceive Spain before the game? Na I see why area boys dey accompany team go games for akats. Chei. 419 @ it's best. If u no know way, way no go know u.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Mumu, you don't even know the details and you are concluding - even the police are still trying to figure out what happened. How are you sure they don't have people stationed on the floor? FYI, some of the bravest robberies in world history were committed in Brazil :P .
...see this fine sarah arse licker. Those police "still trying to figure out..." are as mumu as you. Does it mean they did not vet/screen who they put out there?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tfco wrote:
i've always felt travelling teams should go with their own security; 2 or 3 people to stay in the hotel and prevent these kinds of things
...politically challenged countries like the USA, Israel have their security outfit at every corner and turn. I guess Spain felt they have no enemies.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Of course.

Spain players robbed last week after strip-poker party
Brazilian website Globoesporte.com is reporting that the money and goods stolen from the Spanish National Team last week in Recife was the result of a strip-poker party gone wrong.

The original robbery claim, leaked to El Mundo Deportivo and confirmed by FIFA, was that six players had money and possessions taken from their rooms following Spain’s 2-1 win over Uruguay on July 16th. Now more details have emerged claiming that the robberies occurred after the players engaged a group of women in some late night partying at the Hotel Golden Tulip Recife Palace.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... ker-party/
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Could be Ideye and Musa trying to steal Spanish shooting boots.
http://www.naijiant.com/