How long oh lord

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
How long oh lord

Post by highbury »

How long before we see an African team win the world cup? I will certainly will prefer if it is Nigeria. But to be honest, any African team will do it for me. When will our league be good with the stadia filled? These are the few questions I ponder.
On a side note, I want to say well done to Kelechi for leaving the afro hating ( Guardiola) coach. I hope he works very hard to prove the doubters wrong and the believers right.
If Nigeria qualifies and Nff gets their house in order, this Nigerian team might well perform wonders at this coming World Cup. I personally will keep my expectations very low when it comes to Nigerian national team and African teams as a whole. Just thinking..
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How long oh lord

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Dude, Nigeria is not going to qualify for the next 2 ANC much less the WC. The earlier you guys wake up from your dreams the better.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

How long? 5 letters long, Never. Africa deliberately lacks all the necessary to make it to a medal winning match at the Mundial.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The West and North Africans have failed the continent.

It will be up to central, East and some southern Africans to bring the WC to Africa.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^The South has already brought the World Cup to Africa.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

People cite poor FA organisation, lack of resources in our local leagues but the long and short of it is there are no African teams good enough to win the world cup. :oops:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

But a team with African players have won it already. Am I missing something...
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Actually if they did change the World cup to the FA cup format then maybe a chance.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^With a preliminary round and the top tier teams entering in the 3rd round, or a free for all from the get go?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robotnik wrote:But a team with African players have won it already. Am I missing something...
It's embarrassing when my people refer to such things,African by decent yes they where but not brought up in any African footballing system from beginning to end,there understanding of playing as a team is different as well as the support from their national Federation (French I assume) which never kept them up at night arguing over bonuses,no African nation can take credit for the success of the FFF!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI