Tom Saintfiet to report Stephen Keshi to Fifa for racism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
SAINTFIET and KESHI in a War!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

:oops: :lol:
Malawi coach Tom Saintfiet is to report Stephen Keshi to Fifa after the Nigeria coach called him "a white dude who should go back to Belgium".

The pair have been arguing since Malawi asked Fifa to move next month's crucial World Cup qualifier from Calabar for safety reasons.

Saintfiet told BBC Sport: "It is unacceptable that any person says these words - it is clear racism.

"It is 100% sure that my lawyers will lodge a complaint with Fifa."

The row erupted earlier this month when the Football Association of Malawi (FAM) wrote to Fifa, seeking a new venue for their 7 September Group F qualifier away to the Super Eagles - a match which Malawi, who trail Nigeria by two points, must win to progress to the play-offs.

Continue reading the main story
“Mr Keshi can call me mad and crazy - no problem - but the racism is unacceptable

Tom Saintfiet

Malawi coach
Belgian Saintfiet told local media at the time that he was concerned about security because he claims "the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office says Belgian Saintfiet told local media at the time that he was concerned about security because he claims "the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office says it is a no-travel area".

Keshi hit back shortly afterwards, saying "this is where we play our games and other countries are fine with that".

And the Nigerian Football Federation complied with Fifa's request for a written guarantee that the game would go ahead safely.

Keshi has now followed that up with comments on UK-based African TV show, Vox Africa's Sports360 , saying: "I think the coach of Malawi is crazy.

"If he wants to talk to Fifa, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium," Keshi said.

"I have never used any words like these to any coach. He has no right, who is he?

"All other countries play in Calabar. Calabar is one of the safest places in Nigeria... He is mad. I wish I could say it to his face."

Saintfiet told BBC Sport he is "shocked" by Keshi's comments and he believes the former Nigeria captain's words could also lead to trouble at the qualifier.

"These words create hate and aggression, and creates a risk ahead of the match in Calabar," Saintfiet added. "These comments are unacceptable and I am very sad about them.

"I will not say any bad words about Mr Keshi, nor Nigeria - I only spoke about moving the game.

"If Fifa takes racism seriously, then you have to take it seriously in both directions. If a European said something of this nature about an African, you would have a huge problem.
"I am against racism in all directions."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23811998
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Oh boy...

Malawi coach Tom Saintfiet is to report Stephen Keshi to Fifa after the Nigeria coach called him "a white dude who should go back to Belgium".

The pair have been arguing since Malawi asked Fifa to move next month's crucial World Cup qualifier from Calabar for safety reasons.

Saintfiet told BBC Sport: "It is unacceptable that any person says these words - it is clear racism.

"It is 100% sure that my lawyers will lodge a complaint with Fifa."

The row erupted earlier this month when the Football Association of Malawi (FAM) wrote to Fifa, seeking a new venue for their 7 September Group F qualifier away to the Super Eagles - a match which Malawi, who trail Nigeria by two points, must win to progress to the play-offs.
Continue reading the main story

“Mr Keshi can call me mad and crazy - no problem - but the racism is unacceptable”

Tom Saintfiet Malawi coach

Belgian Saintfiet told local media at the time that he was concerned about security because he claims "the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office says it is a no-travel area".

Keshi hit back shortly afterwards, saying "this is where we play our games and other countries are fine with that".

And the Nigerian Football Federation complied with Fifa's request for a written guarantee that the game would go ahead safely.

Keshi has now followed that up with comments on UK-based African TV show, Vox Africa's Sports360 , saying: "I think the coach of Malawi is crazy.

"If he wants to talk to Fifa, he should go back to Belgium. He is not an African person, he is a white dude, he should go back to Belgium," Keshi said.

"I have never used any words like these to any coach. He has no right, who is he?

"All other countries play in Calabar. Calabar is one of the safest places in Nigeria... He is mad. I wish I could say it to his face."

Saintfiet told BBC Sport he is "shocked" by Keshi's comments and he believes the former Nigeria captain's words could also lead to trouble at the qualifier.

"These words create hate and aggression, and creates a risk ahead of the match in Calabar," Saintfiet added. "These comments are unacceptable and I am very sad about them.

"I will not say any bad words about Mr Keshi, nor Nigeria - I only spoke about moving the game.

"If Fifa takes racism seriously, then you have to take it seriously in both directions. If a European said something of this nature about an African, you would have a huge problem.

"I am against racism in all directions."

Saintfiet believes Keshi "is angry because of the request to change the venue", but the Belgian stands by his feeling that Calabar is unsafe.

"If Fifa says it's ok (for the match to be played in Calabar) because Nigeria will provide anti-bomb squads, then surely this is a problem at the beginning.

"If you need anti-bomb squads, you cannot consider the area safe. It is designated a non-travel area, high-risk area.

"We are not insulting anyone."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23811998
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tom Saintfiet to report Stephen Keshi to Fifa for racism

Post by Cristao II »

So i guess the Olympics should have been cancelled because security was used ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ogasir
Egg
Egg
Re: SAINTFIET and KESHI in a War!!

Post by ogasir »

How is Keshi's comment racist? Saintfiet is in fact a white dude who is from Belgium
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Mods abeg move to EN
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

LOL. Keshi has to watch it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Said it when he made that unfortunate and racist comment.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

I tire o

Or is he a dark dude?
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

ogasir wrote:How is Keshi's comment racist? Saintfiet is in fact a white dude who is from Belgium
Keshi's comment is clearly racist. He called him a white dude and advised him to go back to Belgium.

That was a very poor choice of words by somebody in position of authority. Like I said on that thread, Keshi should do less talking and let his players do the talking for him in the field of play.

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagle wrote:
ogasir wrote:How is Keshi's comment racist? Saintfiet is in fact a white dude who is from Belgium
Keshi's comment is clearly racist. He called him a white dude and advised him to go back to Belgium.

That was a very poor choice of words by somebody in position of authority. Like I said on that thread, Keshi should do less talking and let his players do the talking for him in the field of play.

O pari
Huh? How is that racist?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Super Eagle wrote:

O pari

Calling him a white dude is not racist

May be he going back to belgium is
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Im very proud of Keshi. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

osita wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari

What Keshi said is a drop in the bucket compared to all the racism directed at black footballers. Tom Sienfield needs to STFU. Hopefully he goes back to Belgium after we whoop his useless team next month

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari
Huh? How is that racist?
Referring to his race while asking him to move back to Belgium is racist!

But if you don't mind people saying, "you blackman, go back to Naijaria"... then I can see why you might not see it as being a racist comment.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

bret- hart wrote:
osita wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari

What Keshi said is a drop in the bucket compared to all the racism directed at black footballers. Tom Sienfield needs to STFU. Hopefully he goes back to Belgium after we whoop his useless team next month
So that makes what Keshi said ok?
:?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cellular wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
osita wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari

So that makes what Keshi said ok?
:?

Absolutely!!!!!

Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari
Huh? How is that racist?
maceo, how would you feel if a white guy say to you "you black dude, go back to Africa!"

I dunno about you but, if anybody says that to me, I will break his neck.

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

osita wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari

In that context it actually was racist. But, yes, asking him to go back to Belgium removes all doubts about Keshi's motives.
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

bret- hart wrote:
osita wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

O pari

bret, you can't compare the two scenarios. Saoomyfiet could care less what a common Nigerian football fan says to him but such statement coming from the SE's chief coach makes all the difference.

O pari
Last edited by Super Eagle on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

DREAMER Sainfeit - Beating Eagles Will Be Beautiful
22 August 2013

Malawi's Flames coach Tom Saintfiet has sounded confident that his charges have got all what it takes to defeat the Super Eagles and progress for the 2014 Brazil World Cup.

The Flames are expected to play against the reigning African Champions on September 7 in Calabar and Saintfiet said he has got all the hopes that the Flames are capable of beating Nigeria on their home soil.

"My main focus is about the Nigeria clash. I only care about winning against Nigeria which I think is going to be a beautiful thing for all the soccer lovers in Malawi.

"Of course I don't underestimate Nigeria considering the fact that they have got plenty of top players in major leagues across the world. But let me also point out that looking at the past experience, I am sure that Malawi have a chance to win," said the coach.

http://allafrica.com/stories/2013082304 ... ?viewall=1
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

How is asking him to go back to his country racist? I don't understand this uba racism talk again.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote:DREAMER Sainfeit - Beating Eagles Will Be Beautiful
22 August 2013

Malawi's Flames coach Tom Saintfiet has sounded confident that his charges have got all what it takes to defeat the Super Eagles and progress for the 2014 Brazil World Cup.

The Flames are expected to play against the reigning African Champions on September 7 in Calabar and Saintfiet said he has got all the hopes that the Flames are capable of beating Nigeria on their home soil.

"My main focus is about the Nigeria clash. I only care about winning against Nigeria which I think is going to be a beautiful thing for all the soccer lovers in Malawi.

"Of course I don't underestimate Nigeria considering the fact that they have got plenty of top players in major leagues across the world. But let me also point out that looking at the past experience, I am sure that Malawi have a chance to win," said the coach.

http://allafrica.com/stories/2013082304 ... ?viewall=1

This Sainfiet dude is being paid by the NFF or Presidential Task Force or somn.

That is by far the worst tactics to use against Naijaria... get their jaded footballers, fans, administrators to be up for a game against a no-name country (with all due respect)...

They should have quietly prepared for the game and allowed the Naijarians to disregard the game.

Now just like the contrived twitter war, this does nothing but ginger up the Naijarians...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...many here have decided that Keshi could do no wrong...no matter in what context...when South Africans asked Nigerians to "go back to their country" it was considered Xenophobist or whatever....but I guess what's good for the goose aint the same for the gander..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)