GT still in London

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
GT still in London

Post by General Trousers »

Hello my brodas,

I slept most of yesterday after going to Maggies (a breakfast joint) ... I have been chilling in Abbey Wood after packing my load and running from gidi b/c of the NLC strike. I was in PH and it was cool except for the constant complaint of the Amadi-Ama conflict. In Nigeria the men and women follow Premiership soccer LIVE with a passion. My young cousins (very sophisticated girls) proclaim their undying loyalty to Chelsea and Arsenal ... I was quite amused.

Anyway I have missed much action ... I am currently posting from Birbeck College. I noticed that Jay Jay and Kanu are in TOP form. I am glad for the result against Cologne. I enjoyed reading the London papers today and all the gloss on Okocha ... man he should xfer to Barcelona or some other TOP team next season ... BUT WHO???

Lastly I am most excited about the following players:

George Abbey - Fellow Port Harcourt native and brother of Carlson Abbey (PH people will know him).

Joseph Yobo - Another Port Harcourt native ... since I was staying in D-Line, I was told many stories from people on Mbonu and Oheatu St. of how the Yobo's were not to keen on Michael's career (his elder siblings had Masters and PhDs respectively) and how Michael encouraged Joseph (via Nigeria '99).

Osaze Odemwingie - A really promising player who should make the move to a bigger club SOON.

John Utaka - Hopefully we will see the best of John in Tunisia, as it will bring back old memories of North Africa.

Yakubu Ayiegbeni - Many Londoners call this guy a Div-1 player but he has improved greatly and is finding that Alan Shearer kind of form ...

My only point of consternation comes from the U-23 team. With players like Isiaku Manaseh, Isah Eliakwu, Stefano Layeni, Precious Emuejeraye, Kingsley Ekeh and the like NOT on the team, I can only scream and scream and scream ... this should not be. Of course the big 6ft-4in Emuejeraye plays in Singapore, but having JUST come back from Nigeria I can say that I don't blame these guys one bit (the conditions back home for the ordinary man are mind boggling ... and I don't mean to be condescending, but when all of my Uni-graduate friends are **struggling** for non-existent jobs and with many other problems I would play ball in MALTA and reduce my age any day **another story for another day**)

I hope to be fully back in the USA meeting with my Togolese information minister by Saturday (picture-in-picture 50in TV with TV5, Gol-TV, FSW etc etc ... we usually watch two games live at the same time).

Thanks for holding down the fort you guys ... it was hard being away ...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: GT still in London

Post by Waffiman »

General Trousers wrote:Hello my brodas,

I slept most of yesterday after going to Maggies (a breakfast joint) ... I have been chilling in Abbey Wood after packing my load and running from gidi b/c of the NLC strike. I was in PH and it was cool except for the constant complaint of the Amadi-Ama conflict. In Nigeria the men and women follow Premiership soccer LIVE with a passion. My young cousins (very sophisticated girls) proclaim their undying loyalty to Chelsea and Arsenal ... I was quite amused.

Anyway I have missed much action ... I am currently posting from Birbeck College. I noticed that Jay Jay and Kanu are in TOP form. I am glad for the result against Cologne. I enjoyed reading the London papers today and all the gloss on Okocha ... man he should xfer to Barcelona or some other TOP team next season ... BUT WHO???

Lastly I am most excited about the following players:

George Abbey - Fellow Port Harcourt native and brother of Carlson Abbey (PH people will know him).

Joseph Yobo - Another Port Harcourt native ... since I was staying in D-Line, I was told many stories from people on Mbonu and Oheatu St. of how the Yobo's were not to keen on Michael's career (his elder siblings had Masters and PhDs respectively) and how Michael encouraged Joseph (via Nigeria '99).

Osaze Odemwingie - A really promising player who should make the move to a bigger club SOON.

John Utaka - Hopefully we will see the best of John in Tunisia, as it will bring back old memories of North Africa.

Yakubu Ayiegbeni - Many Londoners call this guy a Div-1 player but he has improved greatly and is finding that Alan Shearer kind of form ...

My only point of consternation comes from the U-23 team. With players like Isiaku Manaseh, Isah Eliakwu, Stefano Layeni, Precious Emuejeraye, Kingsley Ekeh and the like NOT on the team, I can only scream and scream and scream ... this should not be. Of course the big 6ft-4in Emuejeraye plays in Singapore, but having JUST come back from Nigeria I can say that I don't blame these guys one bit (the conditions back home for the ordinary man are mind boggling ... and I don't mean to be condescending, but when all of my Uni-graduate friends are **struggling** for non-existent jobs and with many other problems I would play ball in MALTA and reduce my age any day **another story for another day**)

I hope to be fully back in the USA meeting with my Togolese information minister by Saturday (picture-in-picture 50in TV with TV5, Gol-TV, FSW etc etc ... we usually watch two games live at the same time).

Thanks for holding down the fort you guys ... it was hard being away ...
GT, abeg pm me your number. We gotta link up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

So GT did u scout any players on ur trip, damn the league is on close season
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

GT, u still dey town? Sorry i've out of circulation for the past 3-4 days. I've been in Portsmouth. Hope all things aaiight.
With God all things are possible
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

I don pm you ... I dey go catch train back to Abbey Wood after 9:00pm, though I'll be grabbing some Coffee. Birbeck College is kinda nice.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

General Trousers wrote:I don pm you ... I dey go catch train back to Abbey Wood after 9:00pm, though I'll be grabbing some Coffee. Birbeck College is kinda nice.
hey that the college I studied for my PG :D :D :D
When are you leaving and why not meet up with UK cybers now
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Oga, the 747 don carry me come back to California. But I go come again. The soccer fields that I did see that were ok were the ones at UST and Bori Camp.

There is a regular scrimmage at the Craft Center at 9:00 am Saturday mornings. I will like to return to PH at the end of the rainy season to scout a few players. The ones I saw were young kids, but there was little organization, but thier skill was a delight to watch.