HOW CAN WE GET OUR ANC FOES CONCEDING FREE KICKS?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
HOW CAN WE GET OUR ANC FOES CONCEDING FREE KICKS?

Post by anointed »

This sounds like one of Ayo's question but i hope CCC saw JJ last night to know that there's latent winner in JJ's Free Kick boots.

With JJ's dazzling set pieces yesterday, it is imperative that we tactically make our opponents conceed FKs at the edge of the box.

With dribblers who are wont to waltz their way into the pen box e.g Pius Ikedia (as Sunshine star suggested while we were watching Oga's show yesterday) so that JJ can have a go.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Inviting tackles with dribbling, Kanu falling at the edge of the box etc.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Something like that both most guys if they had their way wouldn't let Kanu get near the team bus
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Freekicks is certainly about kanu holding up the ball, back to goal. Other strategies? Jag and Yak running into crowded areas and flying the minute anyone comes near them. And Utakka and Ikedia dribbing into blind alleys and diving when they think they're about to loose the ball.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

well said waka man
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

waka-man wrote:Freekicks is certainly about kanu holding up the ball, back to goal. Other strategies? Jag and Yak running into crowded areas and flying the minute anyone comes near them. And Utakka and Ikedia dribbing into blind alleys and diving when they think they're about to loose the ball.
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kanu is our surest bet in conceeding freekicks however it would be suicidal playing him off the back. He should not come in until there is 30 minutes left, ideally 15mins.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

anointed, you asked "HOW CAN WE GET OUR ANC FOES CONCEDING FREE KICKS?" and the simple is use Papillo. That is part of what he brings to the game. Creating scoring chances suchs as freekicks, penalties, and most importantly dishing out assists. Kai! This ANC go sweet. :D
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

one name............Kanu.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Robby, if that is all Kanu brings to the table, don't you think he is going to be more of a liability for Nigeria than an asset, especially as African referees are very lenient towards hash challenges?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

All these yeye ppl... shebi na una dey talk say una no go play Kanu and Okocha in the same lineup? So how far with this new arrangement? Una need Kanu for drawing fouls and Okocha must dey on the field to swerve the ball into the net?
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Its a Goal wrote:Robby, if that is all Kanu brings to the table, don't you think he is going to be more of a liability for Nigeria than an asset, especially as African referees are very lenient towards hash challenges?
Ol'boy read my post again. Did you miss the part that read "...and most importantly dishing out assists"?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Robbynice, we already have Ikedia, Osaze and Utaka for that.

Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Are you not the same guys that beat up on the Italians and Brazilians for doing exactly what you are now advocating? Now I get it - you were all "player hating" because we did not have the weapons to take advantage of such situations. Now that Okocha looks like the real deal we are quick to put principles to the side. Okay, I was just kidding. :) Tactics like this are a legitimate weapon in the game as long as the diving player does not get caught (carded) for diving. :wink:
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Its a Goal wrote:Robbynice, we already have Ikedia, Osaze and Utaka for that.
Yes we do but nobody, I repeat nobody does it better than Papillo.
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

Robbynice wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Robbynice, we already have Ikedia, Osaze and Utaka for that.
Yes we do but nobody, I repeat nobody does it better than Papillo.
WORD!! 8)
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Papilo and Ikedia will do that.

My own is that Okocha should not d o it by himself, because those rough defenders can injure Oga in the process.

Feel me? :shock:
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?