Moyes snubbed Ferguson's advice

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Moyes snubbed Ferguson's advice

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:3. Tactically outwitting Borinho at OT does not negate any of these claims b/c I never claimed Borinho was a great coach and the tactical nous to stop Real could have been plotted by Rene Meulensteen and not Fergie the 'tactical anarchist'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
the crux of your opaks.

guess I should also lift 3 quotes from players/coaches who said SAF was a good coach...but why bother.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anointed wrote: So if, for instance, you quoted Paj, how does that improve your argument? Lee Sharpe & co don't make any change to your argument.
:lol: :lol: You need to take a deep breath and read this thread again. You are cackling like a hen with no coherence whatsoever. I am not 'improving' any argument. I said people in the game did not rate Fergie's coaching acumen. You said I didn't mention names b/c they don't exist. I named Sharpe and Del Bosque. Only WE like you that don't know much about the game are unaware that Fergie's questionable coaching is something widely known in the game.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: the crux of your opaks.

guess I should also lift 3 quotes from players/coaches who said SAF was a good coach...but why bother.
Thicko, you are dumb beyond words. I carefully qualify stuff I'm not sure about. So tactical prep by Manure 'could have been' done by Fergie's assistant. I can't say for sure who did b/c I wasn't there. If an insider reveals it, I would refer to that person like I did to Sharpe.

Try and stay focussed and not get your little knickers in a twist. I am sure you can find 3 players/coaches praising Fergie's coaching. But what I said was that many in the game didn't rate him in that regard. Your fellow WE then said I didn't mention names b/c it was not true. So I mentioned 2 names. Let me know if you want more.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

cic old boy wrote:
anointed wrote: So if, for instance, you quoted Paj, how does that improve your argument? Lee Sharpe & co don't make any change to your argument.
:lol: :lol: You need to take a deep breath and read this thread again. You are cackling like a hen with no coherence whatsoever. I am not 'improving' any argument. I said people in the game did not rate Fergie's coaching acumen. You said I didn't mention names b/c they don't exist. I named Sharpe and Del Bosque. Only WE like you that don't know much about the game are unaware that Fergie's questionable coaching is something widely known in the game.
These thinly veiled insults don't help your argument. Must you always begin each post with personal...may be that's because you don't have an argument to start with.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anointed wrote: These thinly veiled insults don't help your argument. Must you always begin each post with personal...may be that's because you don't have an argument to start with.
Only used a metaphor and an adjective, no insults.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: Try and stay focussed and not get your little knickers in a twist. I am sure you can find 3 players/coaches praising Fergie's coaching. But what I said was that many in the game didn't rate him in that regard. Your fellow WE then said I didn't mention names b/c it was not true. So I mentioned 2 names. Let me know if you want more.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sooo basically SAF's coaching ability is split, correct? Some say he is a good coach, some say he isn't

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sooo basically SAF's coaching ability is split, correct? Some say he is a good coach, some say he isn't
Pygmies say you are tall, normal people say you are short. That's the long and short of it.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pygmies say you are tall, normal people say you are short. That's the long and short of it.
aww why you mad?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
aww why you mad?
Yeah, I'm mad b/c Moi-Moyes snubbed Fergies advice.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
aww why you mad?
Yeah, I'm mad b/c Moi-Moyes snubbed Fergies advice.
good for Moyes

Fergie is not a coach.

:lol: :lol: :lol: classic

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: good for Moyes

Fergie is not a coach.

But the advice was management advice - retain the coaches that did the coaching for the 'tactical anarchist'! :lol: :lol:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: good for Moyes

Fergie is not a coach.

But the advice was management advice - retain the coaches that did the coaching for the 'tactical anarchist'! :lol: :lol:
So, that Fergie had coaches working under him means he wasnt a coach but just a manager. This must be the reason why Mike Phelan was given the job rather than Moyes after Fergie's departure. You must the only one that recognized Fergie's assistants as coaches such that on your recommendations they were given the reins that Fergie once held. In fact, the coaching glories of these assistants are all over the Internet, per the uncountable number of places where they won titles. In fact, Carlos Quiroz, who did the coaching when under Fergie has won several titles due to his coaching prowess since he left to start managing other sides while some other guys under him did the coaching for him.

Then for somebody like Pep, a coach, who was assisted by Tito, it means that since Man Utd retained the coaches under manager Fergie, then Barca let him off because he was a manger and not a coach under Pep.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anointed wrote: So, that Fergie had coaches working under him means he wasnt a coach but just a manager. This must be the reason why Mike Phelan was given the job rather than Moyes after Fergie's departure. You must the only one that recognized Fergie's assistants as coaches such that on your recommendations they were given the reins that Fergie once held. In fact, the coaching glories of these assistants are all over the Internet, per the uncountable number of places where they won titles. In fact, Carlos Quiroz, who did the coaching when under Fergie has won several titles due to his coaching prowess since he left to start managing other sides while some other guys under him did the coaching for him.

Then for somebody like Pep, a coach, who was assisted by Tito, it means that since Man Utd retained the coaches under manager Fergie, then Barca let him off because he was a manger and not a coach under Pep.
Gibberish must be your first language!

What bit of this don't you understand?

Had Ferguson been a good coach? Sharpe grins. 'No. The lads used to laugh when he tried to take the warm-up. He wasn't a coach. He was a manager, that was his thing.'
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: Had Ferguson been a good coach? Sharpe grins. 'No. The lads used to laugh when he tried to take the warm-up. He wasn't a coach. He was a manager, that was his thing.'
^^ 2002
De Gea calls Ferguson "best coach of all time"
15 June, 2013

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
^^ 2002
De Gea calls Ferguson "best coach of all time"
15 June, 2013
So Fergie's coaching got better after 2002 in his 60s? :lol: :lol: Could it have anything to do with assistants he employed after then? :lol:

Anyhoo, De Gea's English is still dodgy. You sure he doesn't mean best manager in reference to the 'tactical anarchist'? :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:Anyhoo, De Gea's English is still dodgy. You sure he doesn't mean best manager in reference to the 'tactical anarchist'? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Spaniard told AS: "I am very proud to have had the privilege of working with Ferguson, it was a real pleasure
Diario AS is a Spanish daily sports newspaper, concentrating particularly on football.
:clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:lol: :lol: Would De Gea really say anything else about his just retired manager?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote::lol: :lol: Would De Gea really say anything else about his just retired manager?
if he did say it to AS, it would be in dodgy English...no habla espanol?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

cic old boy wrote:
anointed wrote: So, that Fergie had coaches working under him means he wasnt a coach but just a manager. This must be the reason why Mike Phelan was given the job rather than Moyes after Fergie's departure. You must the only one that recognized Fergie's assistants as coaches such that on your recommendations they were given the reins that Fergie once held. In fact, the coaching glories of these assistants are all over the Internet, per the uncountable number of places where they won titles. In fact, Carlos Quiroz, who did the coaching when under Fergie has won several titles due to his coaching prowess since he left to start managing other sides while some other guys under him did the coaching for him.

Gibberish must be your first language!

What bit of this don't you understand?

Had Ferguson been a good coach? Sharpe grins. 'No. The lads used to laugh when he tried to take the warm-up. He wasn't a coach. He was a manager, that was his thing.'
At least, you understand it is gibberish.

Lemme show you another gibberish
He won a total of eight caps for England, but his later career failed to live up to its potential after leaving Manchester United in his mid-twenties
How come when Sharpe, your main witness, had his best performances under a manager but when he left to play for coaches, he never lived up to his potentials. Without Fergie, who brought him to Man Utd, who would have known him?

Since you are very proficient at googling stuff, do you have a link for Sharpe talking about the performances of the correct coaches he played under at Leeds United, Bradford City, Portsmouth, Exeter City, Grindavik and Garforth Town plus England after he left manager Fergie?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: if he did say it to AS, it would be in dodgy English...no habla espanol?

You know it is the norm even in Spain to say nice things about people who've just retired even if they are 'tactical anarchists? :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: if he did say it to AS, it would be in dodgy English...no habla espanol?

You know it is the norm even in Spain to say nice things about people who've just retired even if they are 'tactical anarchists? :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mover las porterias

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anointed wrote: At least, you understand it is gibberish.

Lemme show you another gibberish
He won a total of eight caps for England, but his later career failed to live up to its potential after leaving Manchester United in his mid-twenties
How come when Sharpe, your main witness, had his best performances under a manager but when he left to play for coaches, he never lived up to his potentials. Without Fergie, who brought him to Man Utd, who would have known him?

Since you are very proficient at googling stuff, do you have a link for Sharpe talking about the performances of the correct coaches he played under at Leeds United, Bradford City, Portsmouth, Exeter City, Grindavik and Garforth Town plus England after he left manager Fergie?
More gibberish. This is not a referendum on Sharpe or any other coach. I said many in the game knew Fergie was not a good coach, but a very good manager. Most real Manure fans know this and gladly acknowledge it. It is know-nothing groupies that dispute it. You claimed I used the term 'many' b/c no such person exists. So I gave you two e.gs. There are more.

You probably never heard of Sharpe until I mentioned him. Many of you groupies know nothing about the history of 'your' club. This is why you mentioned the 4-3 match against Real in relation to the 'tactical anarchy' game. You probably started being a Manure groupie around 2003.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Where the Manure ignoarant groupies at??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Who you gonna listen to? CIC or Peter Schmeichel?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b05e8d18-273c ... z2gqFN4aXp

Why Ferguson remains at the top of his game

By Simon Kuper

The Manchester United manager adds exceptional value to his teams, says Simon Kuper

When Sir Richard Greenbury ran Marks and Spencer, he used to take Sir Alex Ferguson out for lunch and pump him for management tips. That was smart.

Manchester United’s manager celebrates his 70th birthday on December 31 as the most trophy-laden individual in football’s history. Sir Alex wins prizes not merely because United can afford excellent players. Stefan Szymanski, economics professor at the University of Michigan, has compiled a “Soccernomics index” of overachieving managers in England: the men who have reached the highest league positions relative to their clubs’ wage budgets since 1974. Sir Alex ranks second, after Liverpool’s Bob Paisley.

In other words the Scot adds exceptional value to his teams. Better, he seems capable of doing so unto eternity.

This is not because he has a brilliant understanding of football. “Ferguson is not a genius,” writes his biographer Patrick Barclay. Brian Clough was a better judge of players; José Mourinho is a better tactician. As Peter Schmeichel, United’s former goalkeeper, said: “There are thousands of better coaches. But management? The handling of men? There’s nobody better."

Here are some of Sir Alex’s management secrets:

● Identify yourself with your company’s brand. Sir Alex made himself unsackable at United partly by converting himself from mere employee into the embodiment of the club’s values. Doing that took study. After arriving at Old Trafford in 1986 he interviewed staff about United’s history, and listened to fans. He gradually absorbed three tenets of the club’s brand: United teams must attack, the world is against United and United is more a cause than a football club. When he said “I am like the keeper of the temple”, he meant that the cause had become almost unthinkable without him.

● Hone your strongest character trait into a weapon. In Sir Alex’s case it is his temper. Bobby McCulley, who played for the first club Sir Alex managed, East Stirlingshire, said: “I’ve never been afraid of anyone before but Ferguson was a frightening *kindperson* from the start.” Sir Alex’s temper is genuine, but he has learnt how to use it.

His famed “hairdryer” treatment – when he berates someone from so close that his breath blows his victim’s hair – is finely honed. John McEnroe’s autobiography taught Sir Alex when to switch off his rage. The tennis player would use his temper early in a tournament, to intimidate opponents and umpires, but he would stop before the final, when he needed calm.

● Cultivate every interest group inside your company. Early in his career, at St Mirren, Sir Alex got sacked (for the only time in his career) after fighting with his chairman. He had not grasped that the man’s consent was central to his project. “Even if you hate your chairman, you have to find a way of getting on with it,” he concluded. Ever since he has worked to keep his club’s board, players, fans and sponsors onside. One leader of United’s fan base said Sir Alex would sometimes chat to him for hours on the phone, keen to know what supporters thought. Sir Alex worries much less about outsiders, such as journalists or referees.

● Gather information everywhere. Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s former aide and a friend of Sir Alex, recalls attending a lunch in Sir Alex’s honour at the League Managers Association. “You could feel his gravitational pull on other managers in the room,” Mr Campbell said. “There were dozens of managers there, past and present. He knows them all. He calls them all the time. He hoovers up information all the time.” Years after players have left United, they still get calls from Sir Alex. He cultivates his contacts unto death: Mr Barclay writes that perhaps nobody in football attends more funerals.

● Seek total control, but recognise when you cannot have it. Sir Alex once listed for Mr Campbell the three main qualities required for leadership: “Control. Managing change. And observation.” As any dictator knows, fear plus information equals control. Sir Alex knows everything about his players, even their toilet habits. (If someone goes to the toilet more than usual, he investigates.) Dissidents generally get exiled. However, after United’s best player, Wayne Rooney, flirted with joining Manchester City last year, Sir Alex forgave him. He knew Rooney was irreplaceable.

● Do not let other people cause you stress. Days before the 1997 UK election, Mr Campbell felt stressed. People already sensed that Mr Blair would win, and so they stopped bothering the prime minister-in-waiting with practical problems, and began bothering Mr Campbell instead. On the phone Mr Campbell confided to Sir Alex: “I’m feeling the pressure.” Sir Alex replied: “You know what I do in those circumstances? You’ve got to literally imagine you are putting blinkers on. People want to get into your space. Only you decide who gets into your space.” He advised Mr Campbell to tell petitioners: “I think you can resolve this yourself.”

● Remember that crises blow over. Sir Alex has been through so many: Eric Cantona’s karate kicking of a spectator, the boot he kicked at David Beckham in 2003 etc. Sir Alex never adjusts his strategy because he knows crises pass.

●Always be unsatisfied. “The sweetest moment for me,” he often tells interviewers, “is the last minute of a victory. After that it drains away quickly. The memory’s gone in half an hour. It’s like a drug, really. I need to re-enact it again and again to get that last-minute feeling, when you’re shouting at the referee, ‘Blow that bloody whistle’.” Sir Alex knows that satisfaction is fatal. Every trophy he wins is just a notch towards a target he never wants to meet.