Moyes snubbed Ferguson's advice

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Moyes snubbed Ferguson's advice

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

^^ YOU ARE FREAKING INCREDIBLE

has United beaten a team on top of it's game in the CL? Ever?
They beat Bayern in 99. We all saw how.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

since 1999 (14 years and counting) United has not won a CL game when the opponent is on top of it's game.

ok.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Barcelona is the only team in the world who went from being crap to the greatest team of all time in the space of 3 months despite having the same squad.

Man Utd's opponents go weak at the knees and get crap when they face Man Utd, then turn into world beaters when they play Man Utd.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

since 1999 (14 years and counting) United has not won a CL game when the opponent is on top of it's game.

ok.
They beat a team from Romania home and away 2 seasons ago when they went out in the group stages, but couldn't beat Benfica or Basel. I don't know much about that Romanian team's game. I can only talk about teams from the major leagues that I watch on the regular.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote:Barcelona is the only team in the world who went from being crap to the greatest team of all time in the space of 3 months despite having the same squad.

Man Utd's opponents go weak at the knees and get crap when they face Man Utd, then turn into world beaters when they play Man Utd.
Why was Rijkaard who won 2 La Liga titles and the CL sacked? The team became crap in his last year. Finishing 3rd in the league is crap for Barca or Real. There is a story that Barca's first team played a friendly with the B team coached by Pep and Pep's team were beating the A team, with Ronnie, Deco, etc badly. Rijkaard was said to have told Pep at the touchline to tell his boys to take it easy. The story is that that was when the Barca execs decided it was time for Rijkaard to go.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:lol: I cannot take this beer parlour gist seriously.
:rotf:
Tell me, this Barca B team that tore apart Rijkaard's A-listers, how many of them managed to displace Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Alves, Puyol etc from the first team?
cic old boy wrote: There is a story that Barca's first team played a friendly with the B team coached by Pep and Pep's team were beating the A team, with Ronnie, Deco, etc badly. Rijkaard was said to have told Pep at the touchline to tell his boys to take it easy. The story is that that was when the Barca execs decided it was time for Rijkaard to go.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote::lol: I cannot take this beer parlour gist seriously.
:rotf:
Tell me, this Barca B team that tore apart Rijkaard's A-listers, how many of them managed to displace Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Alves, Puyol etc from the first team?
Pep shipped out Deco, Ronnie, Zambrotta, Edmilson, Oleguer, etc promoting from B team Busquets, Pedro. Alves was bought in 08 by Pep.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:

ok.
They beat a team from Romania home and away 2 seasons ago when they went out in the group stages, but couldn't beat Benfica or Basel. I don't know much about that Romanian team's game. I can only talk about teams from the major leagues that I watch on the regular.
in summary...

Since 1999, United has not won a CL game when the opponent (from a major league that you watch) has been on top of it's game.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

ok.
in summary...

Since 1999, United has not won a CL game when the opponent (from a major league that you watch) has been on top of it's game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:in summary...

You only have to look at the record against Madrid, Barca, Milan, Bayern, etc. Or even better, watch the games against those teams (including the 'tactical anarchy' game) :lol: .
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:in summary...

You only have to look at the record against Madrid, Barca, Milan, Bayern, etc. Or even better, watch the games against those teams (including the 'tactical anarchy' game) :lol: .
But I have. and from your perspective:

United wins - "the opponent was rebuilding, their coach got fired the following year, the team finished 3rd in theie league..."
United loses - "haha, SAF is tactically clueless"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: But I have. and from your perspective:

United wins - "the opponent was rebuilding, their coach got fired the following year, the team finished 3rd in theie league..."
United loses - "haha, SAF is tactically clueless"
I have not said anything here from my perspective.

United's win against Barca was in Rijkaard's last season. The stuff that happened in that season was not my perspective.

United's losses were for a variety of reasons not my perspective. I was not the one that talked of 'tactical anarchy'. I wasn't the one that said thousands of coaches were better than Fergie. In some of the losses like the 2 against Barca in 2 finals, I agreed with Fergie on why they lost. He said Barca were just better. Even Stevie Wonder could see they had better players.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: good for Moyes

Fergie is not a coach.

:lol: :lol: :lol: classic
But the advice was management advice - retain the coaches that did the coaching for the 'tactical anarchist'! :lol: :lol:
HMM is CIC on to something? dis lil rumor is getting wings oh! :lol:

Ferguson 'couldn't coach', claims Barton
London (AFP) - Outspoken English footballer Joey Barton claimed former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson "couldn't coach" as he called for improvements in coaching standards in the English game.

Barton was discussing how to increase the number of English players playing in the Premier League after Football Association chairman Greg Dyke set up a commission to look into the matter.

Only around 30 percent of the players currently competing in the English top flight are eligible for selection by the national team -- the worst ratio among Europe's five top leagues.

"We're giving good players to mediocre coaches, because we're not developing coaches," Barton told the Leaders in Football conference in London on Thursday.

"We don't honour coaches. We honour managers, we love managers -- everyone loves Alex Ferguson.

"I'm not here to disrespect Fergie -- great manager, the icon, the pinnacle of British managers -- but he couldn't put on a coaching session to save his life.

"I've spoken to people about it. He could barely lay out cones. This is not a coach, this is a manager. This is the difference. There's a big, big difference between a coach and a manager."

The Queens Park Rangers midfielder added: "Fergie's a great, great manager. But he's always had good coaches (alongside him), because he can't coach."

Ferguson retired as United manager in May after a record-breaking 26-and-a-half-year spell in which he won 38 competitions, including 13 Premier League titles and two Champions League crowns.

In an interview with the Harvard Business Review published last month, he admitted that he delegated responsibility for training sessions to his support staff in order to observe his players more closely.

"My presence and ability to supervise were always there, and what you can pick up by watching is incredibly valuable," Ferguson said.

"Once I stepped out of the bubble, I became more aware of a range of details, and my performance level jumped."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ferguson-c ... --sow.html
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:lol: :lol: Metal, well done for that post. This is an 'open secret' in English football.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

No big deal, the sign of a good manager is sorrounding himself with winners and people he thinks can bring success to him
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Manure groupies (no need to mention names, but you know yourselves), are you all going to pretend you didn't see what Barton said? Any chance of admitting you were wrong to question CIC and thanking him for teaching you a thing or two about "your" club? :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

lol Joey Barton. :lol: :lol: :lol:

so what about those that SAF coached who may have left the club on not-so good terms??

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote:Many in the game rate his management, not his coaching.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Groupies, was CIC right here or wrong? No shame in admitting CIC was right. :lol: :lol:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote: 1. Fergie was not a good coach, but a great manager.

2. B/c he was great with managing, he always tried to recruit good coaches to compensate for his shortcomings as a coach. That's good management.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Any groupie still doubting these words of wisdom?? :laugh:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

tfco wrote:lol Joey Barton. :lol: :lol: :lol:

so what about those that SAF coached who may have left the club on not-so good terms??
Or who were the 'good coaches' who helped SAF win titles at Aberdeen?

What did those 'good coaches' achieve before they came on board the SAF successful train?

For those who left SAF's technical crew,like Carlos Quiroz, SAF still continued winning titles after their departures but what has Quieroz or any other 'good coach' who left won or done since leaving?

'Many in the game' did not rate SAF as a coach and so others did the coaching for him but how come these 'many' in the game could only see the poor coach and not see the 'good coaches' SAF surrounded himself with well enough to give them jobs?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anointed wrote: Or who were the 'good coaches' who helped SAF win titles at Aberdeen?

What did those 'good coaches' achieve before they came on board the SAF successful train?

For those who left SAF's technical crew,like Carlos Quiroz, SAF still continued winning titles after their departures but what has Quieroz or any other 'good coach' who left won or done since leaving?

'Many in the game' did not rate SAF as a coach and so others did the coaching for him but how come these 'many' in the game could only see the poor coach and not see the 'good coaches' SAF surrounded himself with well enough to give them jobs?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is what is described in technical terms as a backside covering exercise! People in the game are telling you stuff and instead of taking note, you are still talking trash. Barton has 'demystified' Fergie for the benefit of clueless EPL groupies! :lol: :lol:

"I'm not here to disrespect Fergie -- great manager, the icon, the pinnacle of British managers -- but he couldn't put on a coaching session to save his life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I've spoken to people about it. He could barely lay out cones. :lol: :lol: This is not a coach, this is a manager. This is the difference. There's a big, big difference between a coach and a manager."

The Queens Park Rangers midfielder added: "Fergie's a great, great manager. But he's always had good coaches (alongside him), because he can't coach."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:People in the game are telling you stuff
1. Lee Sharpe
2. Joey Barton
3. ....

oh let's not forget, he once lost a game where he was out coached. The opposing coach referred to that ONE game as 'tactical anarchy'.

Surely, that has NEVER happened to ANY top flight coach in sports...noooo, never

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:People in the game are telling you stuff
1. Lee Sharpe
2. Joey Barton
3. ....

oh let's not forget, he once lost a game where he was out coached. The opposing coach referred to that ONE game as 'tactical anarchy'.

Surely, that has NEVER happened to ANY top flight coach in sports...noooo, never
:lol: :lol: :lol: Another groupie with a pathetic attempt to cover his backside.

Are Lee Sharpe and Joey Barton not 'people in the game'??? Why did you 'forget' Peter Schmeichel?? :lol: :lol:

As Peter Schmeichel, United’s former goalkeeper, said: “There are thousands of better coaches. But management? The handling of men? There’s nobody better."

Did you notice that Barton said he had also spoken to people in the game about Fergie's coaching? 'He could barely lay out cones'! :lol: :lol: Did you notice how Barton's comments mirror Sharpe's 'the lads used to laugh' at Fergie trying to coach?? :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:As Peter Schmeichel, United’s former goalkeeper, said: “There are thousands of better coaches. But management? The handling of men? There’s nobody better."

Did you notice that Barton said he had also spoken to people in the game about Fergie's coaching? 'He could barely lay out cones'! :lol: :lol: Did you notice how Barton's comments mirror Sharpe's 'the lads used to laugh' at Fergie trying to coach?? :lol:
note the operative word.

And a current player says SAF is the best coach he's ever had. So who is right? We know who you lean with :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S