Asamoah Gyan Finally Retires at “37” Years Old

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Asamoah Gyan Finally Retires at “37” Years Old

Post by Kabalega »

I actually like the fella. Thanks for the memories. :clap: :clap:
I will not miss the “dance” though. Watching it was like swallowing a bitter pill.

Ghanaian star Asamoah Gyan bids farewell to football at 37
by EDWIN KYLE KULE JUNE 21, 2023

September 22, 2016

Asamoah Gyan during Black Stars training session Credit: Kawowo Sports
Ghanaian icon and forward Asamoah Gyan has bid farewell to the beautiful game at 37 years. :lol:

Ghana’s all-time leading goal scorer hung his boots after netting 51 goals.

The prolific striker is commonly remembered for missing a penalty against Uruguay that would take Ghana into the semifinals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

“It is with mixed emotions that I stand before you today, facing a decision that every footballer dreads,” Gyan emotionally said.

“The time has come for me to heed the call, to embrace a new chapter. I want to take this stage which is difficult in every footballer’s career,” he added.

The forward carried the nation on his shoulders in that the whole world witnessed his brilliance amidst a tough blow as his heroics journey to the quarterfinals.

Gyan revealed that the moment left a mark on his career; “It is true that one incident can shape a career, define a legacy. But football is more than a single event. It is a collection of countless memories, achievements, and the love of the game.”

Since that moment he hit the European scene playing for Liberty Professionals before joining Sunderland in the Premier League.

He later moved to Udinese in Serie A, and Rennes in Ligue 1 before playing for clubs in Asia, UAE, China and India before returning home in Ghana.

Gyan has already hit the screens as a TV pundit with Super Sports and it seems it will be his next venture, unlike many footballers who choose to coach.

https://kawowo.com/2023/06/21/ghanaian- ... all-at-37/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Asamoah Gyan Finally Retires at “37” Years Old

Post by Comrade Machel »

All I will forever remember him for is that miss :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

how long has he been 37? 20 years I 🤔
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Comrade Machel wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:25 pm All I will forever remember him for is that miss :curse:
:biggrin:
Poor Asamoah. He should have left the ball to Steven Appiah. But he grabbed the ball with purpose, like it was a mere formality and he was definitely going to score. Alas, it was not to be. That was a very painful miss. It is burned into my memory, never to be forgotten.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...nothing wrong with retiring at 37, many of us retired at less than that like that we enjoy life before old age kicks in :thumbs:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

This guy went for the money and played in the Qatar league when he was still in his prime. People overlooked that because he balled for the national team. I hope he saved his money because I read he likes to party.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

An African team should've reached the World Cup semi-final on African soil. But Ghana fell short once again! :D
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cesc Fabregas retires from professional football at age of 36

...any thoughts on that from y'all ageologists?

https://theathletic.com/4657921/2023/07 ... s-retires/