Cameroon (African Soccer Supremacist)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nakson
Egg
Egg
Cameroon (African Soccer Supremacist)

Post by nakson »

Fellas

What's all these hoopla about cameroon beign the greatest team in Africa. After taking a good look at their squad, i can confidently point out that they are in for a serious shock. Thier Attacking strategy is very predictable. I rewatched their match against brazil in the confed cup, Cameroon could barely maintain poessesion. The brazilian right back tore tchato in to pieces. At least naija was able to maintain solid poessesion against Brazil.

Djemba Djemba --- Is at best an average midfielder.
Geremi -- Good ball winner but lacks good vision for a cm
Eto -- Seasonal striker
tchato -- Workrate without skill
Song -- Hardworking but still has to work on his positioning
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Can you do an analysis of the Nigerian team too?
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

geremi is an exceptional midfielder..i don't know about the rest but i know agahowa is better than etoo.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

nakson, your point is well taken but you chose the wrong exhibit considering that those same Brazilians tore us up 3-0 in front of our faithfuls.... while Cameroon beat those guys fair & square.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Besides with Cameroun it has never being about the players skill, but the team's will, and that's something you can't measure.

I 'll let you know now I guess most of the Camerounians on this site are Anglophone Cameroiunians, most of the Anglophone Camerounians look like Nigerians to me I mostly can't tell they are not. but the Franco Camerounians seem to have an inate dislike for english speaking African countries and an extreme aversion towards Nigeria, unfortunately for us most of the players on their national team are francos, and they would honestly rather die than lose to Nigeria
so you try to factor that in while you do your break down.
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

spastic wrote:Besides with Cameroun it has never being about the players skill, but the team's will, and that's something you can't measure.

I 'll let you know now I guess most of the Camerounians on this site are Anglophone Cameroiunians, most of the Anglophone Camerounians look like Nigerians to me I mostly can't tell they are not. but the Franco Camerounians seem to have an inate dislike for english speaking African countries and an extreme aversion towards Nigeria, unfortunately for us most of the players on their national team are francos, and they would honestly rather die than lose to Nigeria
Spastic, couldn't help but notice you've abandoned the NFL related threads. Hmm, I wonder why.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Nakson,

So explain to me how this below average team beat Brasil while your skilled players could not?
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

spastic wrote:Besides with Cameroun it has never being about the players skill, but the team's will, and that's something you can't measure.

Franco and anglo we are all one...don't fool u r self! i'm anglo but i don't look like naija person! PLEASE!
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

mlkama wrote:Nakson,

So explain to me how this below average team beat Brasil while your skilled players could not?
Stop asking these 419ers to look for reason in their stupid jokes...lets wait till the tourny is over and see what new excuse they come up with.
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Mboma, so what if you look like a naija person? What's wrong with that?
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Yemster I can't find the thread I went to the one from the old site but no one posts there anymore, anyway I must say this is the first time the superbowl or the Nfl has trully suprised me. And yes you guys have by far the best team in the country, but I hope youlose coz you didn't deserve it when you won, and it would only be befitting if you lost now that you actually do deserve the throphy.

Even though it would be a travesrty if you did lose after such an unbelievable season, i hope you do just so I could laugh at you, then agian I can't stand the NFC, I guess i'm brtween the fire and the deep blue sea, and neither looks appealing, so maybe I should justt hop[e for an earth quaake and the game gets cancelled never to be replayed. ( AHH that would be beautiful wouldn't it.)

OH BY THE WAY THESE IS FOR YEMSTERS EYES ONLY ALL OTHER FORUMITES MOVE ON TO THE NEXT POST
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

MBOMA GOOD FOR YOU THAT YOU DON'T, IT MAKES NO PARTICULAR DIFFERENCE TO ME, BACK TO SOCCER 2004 SMELLS GOOD TO ME AND CAMEROUN MIGHT JUST BE ON THE MENU, FRANCO OR ANGLO IT WOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFEWRENCE.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

somebody wrote:Mboma, so what if you look like a naija person? What's wrong with that?
Na Pygmie hin for resemble.
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

somebody wrote:Mboma, so what if you look like a naija person? What's wrong with that?
didn't say something was wrong with that...i was simply correcting Spastic...we cameroonians and if we look like anyhing we look cameroonian not like nigerian. Or may be Nigerians look like anglo cameroonians :shock: ? I won't like that either.... :x
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

spastic wrote:Yemster I can't find the thread I went to the one from the old site but no one posts there anymore, anyway I must say this is the first time the superbowl or the Nfl has trully suprised me. And yes you guys have by far the best team in the country, but I hope youlose coz you didn't deserve it when you won, and it would only be befitting if you lost now that you actually do deserve the throphy.

Even though it would be a travesrty if you did lose after such an unbelievable season, i hope you do just so I could laugh at you, then agian I can't stand the NFC, I guess i'm brtween the fire and the deep blue sea, and neither looks appealing, so maybe I should justt hop[e for an earth quaake and the game gets cancelled never to be replayed. ( AHH that would be beautiful wouldn't it.)

OH BY THE WAY THESE IS FOR YEMSTERS EYES ONLY ALL OTHER FORUMITES MOVE ON TO THE NEXT POST
And you wonder why other peeps always want naija to lose; in the same breath I assume you're hoping for the SE to flop in Tunisia cos we don't deserve to do well and we certainly didn't deserve to do well in some of the editions that we did do well. Keep praying hard though, cos you just might get your wish and I know you won't be the only one laughing at me so it's all good.

BTW, I am sure if you tried just a wee bit harder than you probably want to, you'll find the section where the NFL is being discussed.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

scholl wrote:
Na Pygmie hin for resemble.
i'd rather look like pygmie. at least i know i won't have to deal with the fbi 419 task unit
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Mboma, lets keep it football related. I love Nigeria to death, except when they are playing against an underdog. I would always support the lesser team.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Putting things in perspective...Cameroun has actually only won 2 ANCs. They 'lucked' their way to the last 2 on penalties. And in the 2000 ANC the win was an 'ojoro' win after Ikpeba's legit goal was waived off by the ref.
Nigeria has won 2 ANC's and so has Cameroun and in the last ANC match between the 2 countries that was not a tie , Nigeria won (Senegal '92).

I don't understand where this supremacist crap is coming from...to further compare, when was the last time Cameroun actually passed the first round of a World Cup?

Nigeria needs to be wary of an in-form Senegal and dangerous Mali and Congo. Cameroun on the other hand should worry about qualifying from their group.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Djemba Djemba --- Is at best an average midfielder.
Geremi -- Good ball winner but lacks good vision for a cm
Eto -- Seasonal striker
tchato -- Workrate without skill
Song -- Hardworking but still has to work on his positioning
NIgeria have players that satisfy everyhting u just wrote for cam...i.e
Ekueme,lawal-Is at best an average midfielder
Ekong-Good ball winner but lacks good vision for a cm(and i m not even sure about the good ball winner part)
Kanu,yeyebegni-Seasona striker(is kanu a striker or a mascot?)
udeze,yobo-Hardworking but still has to work on his positioning

but on a good day naija will still wipe Cameroon clean... :D lets see how we do against morroco first...after we wipe Egypt then we will can start thinking about cam...
:
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

bamendaboy wrote:Mboma, lets keep it football related. I love Nigeria to death, except when they are playing against an underdog. I would always support the lesser team.
nothing personal...i luv ma naija bros...just being a camfool like they call us
humphrey ngando
Egg
Egg

Post by humphrey ngando »

I hope we don't get distracted and forget that there are 16 nations participating in this tournament.Not jut Nigeria and CAMEROUN.

Let's face our matches one after the other as they come.Let's analyse our own team before analysing others.

ANC is no longer far

Watch out!!!!!!