Ageologists version 2013

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria U17 (2) "Awoniyi X2" vs Uruguay (0) FT

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
kzz5joa wrote:txj,

I've been trying to follow and understand your argument on this issue, but I'm not sure I'm able to follow you so may you can help us by considering the argument below.

Previously, it was reasoned that NFF utilized over-aged players as a short-term strategy - "Godfathers" would routinely get "seasoned league veterans" to pose as under-age players so that they could get contracts in good leagues. This was a short-cut because there really was no need to train these veterans. Several folks have longed for a long-term approach of grooming youngsters to these tournaments. I can recall that several folks have lamented that tournaments such as Principal's cup (etc) were not being used to identify and groom young talents.

With the U-13 program, it now appears that NFF have indeed established a long-term approach to solving this issue. Furthermore, they've restricted the participant pool to players in academies - to the exclusion of professional players. These are real steps that have been taken to address the issue of age-cheating. I was surprised to see you argue that it is possible that older players are being "parked in academies". This is quite an interesting argument because the god-fathers for these older kids would have to be responsible for their up-keep while they're in academies. I can only guess you're arguing that NFF have only taken a long-term approach at age-cheating - a more costly approach at that.

With that being said, can we really attribute the success of this team simply to age? I re-watched the game with Uruguay and there were times without number when the Nigerian players were simply shoved off the ball so I'm not sure we can say the eaglets were more physical. In fact, for the first goal you can see that Awoniyi reached out to give the ball a quick tap/shove with his right left. The last defender was already shoving him aside so that was probably all he could do to score. The second goal was somewhat similar as Ihenacho, crowded by 3 - 4 defenders, quickly slid the ball to Awoniyi who stroked the ball to the far corner of the post (this was while the ball was still in motion). In both cases he did not attempt to gain control of the ball before scoring. I've noticed this with several of the players and it indicates to me that they have a very good awareness of the goal post and how to get the ball there as quickly as possible (Witness Success' Volley against Sweden) - This probably comes with lots of playing time and practice/training.

Why do I bring this up? It's quite interesting that the lack of this type of awareness and quickness was quite glaring during the confederations cup and it cost us being able to score - especially against Spain. It would then appear that NFF is indeed giving these players a level of training that their predecessors probably did not get. In my opinion, the success of this bunch is due to their playing style and confidence. They have a good understanding of each other and know how to get the ball to the open man - again, traits of players who have had good playing time. These are all anecdotal evidences that there is quite a significant genuine attempts to do it right and it should be applauded and recognized. Indeed it should cause us to give the benefit of doubt and I believe that is why a lot of folks are behind the team.

I've watched a number of Nigerian U-17 teams and I'm not sure they've been able to play at this level - I stand corrected on this assertion. Nevertheless, if these players are indeed older wouldn't they have already been shipped out for contracts or at least snapped up by teams in the Nigerian league?

Finally, I believe there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that NFF have implemented the best policy to ensure that participants are within the age limit and it should be applauded. With these changes, any cheating is probably down to individual players which is a far departure from the past.

1. Players have moved through the ranks of U-13, etc and academies - professional players are not allowed
2. Players are given good training and playing time
3. NFF prohibited any of the players from signing contracts during the competition - suggest the goal is not to get contracts for the players
4. MRI testing was done on all the players with the result that several players have been publicly dropped.
5. The coach has suggested that the goal is development - with the intent of moving this group to the next age grade competition
6. Videos of the U-13 program show real youngsters being trained and playing on standard pitches - again there are associated costs of camping, training, traveling, etc

Given all these, proper evidence must be required and scrutinized for an allegation to be entertained and taken seriously.

1. First who are you and how come you have only one post on the forum? Just curious...

2. Not all the players are from the U-13 program. Last I checked they are three- I stand to corrected.

Where are the rest from?
You do know that there are several forumers who are on a ROM (Read Only Mode) and only get compelled to say something when someone is being overly obtuse? :D :taunt: :taunt:

I finally gave up on you when you used your bro as an example of the typical Nigerian school age footballer.

I am truly embarrassed for you!!!
Like I give a rats azz...

You come on the Internet to impugn and cast aspersions on all Naijarians and you think you will go unchallenged? :? :-x
Of course you don't give a damn!

Why else would you be willing to so blatantly lie...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ageologists version 2013

Post by txj »

Copa Coca-Cola poised to discover raw football talent

February 8, 2012 1:15 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L-R Barrister Chris Green, Chairman Technical Committee, Nigerian Football Federation, Yomi Onokoya, Public Affairs and Communication manager, NBC, Austin Ufomba, Marketing Director, Coca-Cola, Nigeria and Herbert Nuwamanya, Commercial Director, NBC Lagos at the COPA Coca-Cola Media Launch

It was a celebration of achievements and a rekindling of the hopes of aspiring football stars last week as beverage giant, Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, launched the fourth season of Copa Coca-Cola U-17 Football Championship, the highly acclaimed grassroots football development programme. The event, which took place at Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, reaffirmed Coca-Cola’s commitment to the sustenance of the annual football programme that has come to be known as a credible platform of opportunity for hundreds of talented young players across the country to showcase their skills and pursue their dreams of a successful career in football. .

The event witnessed a large turnout of officials of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) and the Youth Sport Federation of Nigeria (YSFON), as well as a gallery of Nigeria’s popular ex-international football stars, who have served as Copa Coca-Cola Celebrity Coaches namely, Nduka Ugbade, Victor Ikpeba, and Waheed Akanni, amongst others.

One of the highpoints of the event was the testimonial by the 2011 Copa Coca-Cola Nigerian Dream Team Captain, Akinjide Idowu, who recounted his life-changing experience in an emotion laden voice to a spell-bound audience. Idowu narrated his excitement at his successes through the various stages of the competition last year, culminating in him being picked as one of the finalists that visited Chelsea FC in London last year.

“The experience is something I can never forget,” Idowu said. “I did not believe I would ever get a chance to go to London and not only that, but in grand style. Meeting people like Mikel Obi, Solomon Kalu, Drogba and interacting with Chelsea Coaches was fulfilling a dream of a lifetime.”

Austin Ufomba, Marketing Director, Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited said in his address, “Coca-Cola will continue to support grassroots football development through the Copa Coca-Cola platform. This year, we will establish a Copa Coca-Cola Alumni Network and create a data base to provide the players with information that will help build their career.”

Femi Adelusi, Integrated Marketing Communications Manager, Coca-Cola Nigeria Limited, also said, “In the last three years, Copa Coca-Cola has redefined grassroots football in Nigeria and become the platform where football dreams are turned into reality. It is the beginning of a journey into stardom and this 4th football season will grow beyond expectations, spreading optimism and hope across our nation.”

Another highlight of the event was the presentation of awards to six persons and institutions that made valuable contributions to last year’s tournament and grassroots football in general. Ade Ojeikere, Group Sports Editor at The Nation newspaper, clinched the award for Media Person of the Year; Ebiye Moses clinched the Copa 2011 Most Valuable Player, and Kwara Football Academy, got the award for award for its contribution to grassroots football.

It was an emotional moment when a minute of silence was observed in honour of the Late Alhaji Tunde Ojulari, former President of the Youth Sport Federation of Nigeria (YSFON) who, until his sad demise, was a very passionate supporter of Copa Coca-Cola championship. His “Lifetime Achievement Award” award was received on his behalf by Patrick Opkavoire, YSFON National Secretary and some family members.

COPA Coca-Cola is designed to discover budding football talents across the country, help them hone their football skills, place them in the lime-light, and facilitate their discovery and recruitment into the big clubs to play alongside established football stars. Launched in 2009, the tournament has now been adopted in about 35 African countries and still growing. In 2011, the tournament was a 68-day football fiesta across 18 cities and towns, with a record registration number of 200,000 teenagers from 12,000 schools who sought an opportunity to showcase their talents and impress the local and foreign scouts that thronged the match venues. Secondary school teams, Youth football academies and clubs, City/Community Youth Teams and all teenagers within the Under 17 category are encouraged to pick up a form and register in this life changing tournament.

http://marketingworldmag.com/copa-coca- ... alent.html

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

A few highlights:

1. This is a U-17 competition.

2. Akinjide is reported here to have been captain in 2011

3. Which leads us to a few issues:

a). If Akinjide was captain of the Coca Cola u-17 team in 2011, and he is reported to have been born on 9/9/96, he had to have been 15 years then. Possible....

b) The Coca Cola tournament holds in February (I stand to be corrected), which would mean Akinjide was 14 when he had already played in this U-17 team and represented the dream team from the competition. Possible? Perhaps....

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

txj wrote:A few highlights:

a). If Akinjide was captain of the Coca Cola u-17 team in 2011, and he is reported to have been born on 9/9/96, he had to have been 15 years then. Possible....

b) The Coca Cola tournament holds in February (I stand to be corrected), which would mean Akinjide was 14 when he had already played in this U-17 team and represented the dream team from the competition. Possible? Perhaps....
LMAO see how stupid you sound? Like what evidence are you trying to bring? He was 14 when he was captain of that 2011 so what is your point? UR useless you knew that post was stupid :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:A few highlights:

Since you are making inferences, tell us how this is out of the ordinary? what are the " few issues how old is the typical captain of the coca cola u-17 team in these competitions? You acknowledge that it is possible and then leave ... , an unspoken inference. If Ade Ojiekere as a reporter came up with the stuff you just posted and put it in a newspaper article, it would be highly irresponsible of a journalist to do so. You, as a mere blogger however, can write whatever you want.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The Copa Coca Cola was played in July 2011. He was born 9/9/96. In otherwords, he was 14 years plus when he played in the U-17 competition. And based on the typical school age in Nigeria he had to have been in JS 2.

If that doesn't at the very least raise some doubts in you, then you are so insular to cheating that you need help!

grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

TXJ, you need to consider the possibility of having a range of values for your definition of typical. I think it is your main weakness in this thread. When this site was set-up, no one could have predicted that this thread will come up. Yet you have quite a few people that have already told their own (or someone they know) story of how the age when they finished sec school disagrees with your definition of typical. The occurrence is too coincidental for you to not reconsider how you define typical. Add me to your stat...i also finished sec school at 16 and my first cousin finished at 14! My younger sis finished at 14 and my younger bro also finished at 16! I know several others - family and firends alike that finished within the same age group. In fact my parents and their friends were in competition to ensure that us, their kids skipped pry 6. Skipping pry 6 was the norm for me and afriends and siblings that came behind us. You're deemed as an 'olodo' if you finished pry 6.

Also, you've only mentioned one player in this thread who's profile fits your description of 'typical average age of footballer in school'. Unless your thesis applies to two-thirds of the current crop of our eaglets, it is frankly too little to go on.

You may or may not have read the book "Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell" where kids of a certain age are targeted because they offer the best chance making it as a top pro. Perhaps this, even if unsystematically, may have happened in the case of the NFF U13/U15 program. Whilst all of the boys did not come out the program, the foucs of the NFF on kids that display or have certain characteristics may have unwittingly led the NFF to picking boys that are 'pacing' faster than average. It is what happens when any authority creates a special program, to whip out the best of the crop.

The MRI is not without errors - that much is scientifically established. That Chukwudi and Olanrewaju passed does not mean Abuchi wouldn't fail. Some will chance their luck and will some how scale through. Let's hope those remain exceptions and never become norm.

Frankly the MRI is currently our best weapon in fighting age-cheating. Anything else has too much conjecture for it to be taken seriously.

I think where you've missed it is in trying to raise doubts, you simply dont have enough fact or even fact-like data to do so. What you do have however, IMO, is other ways that the NFF can help eradicate this problem to the minutest minimum.
"THE GENTILITY OF A LION SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS COWARDICE"

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote:The Copa Coca Cola was played in July 2011. He was born 9/9/96. In otherwords, he was 14 years plus when he played in the U-17 competition. And based on the typical school age in Nigeria he had to have been in JS 2.

If that doesn't at the very least raise some doubts in you, then you are so insular to cheating that you need help!
Raise some doubts about what exactly? Is the scenario implausible? Or is your issue that you need to know what school he attended JS 2 at?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
peppersoup
Egg
Egg

Post by peppersoup »

I was at Ife at 16 and at least 8 of my classmates were around that same age in 91. Why cant the same exception be afforded the U-17? Two of my classmates One 17 years old and the other 18 years old played for Ife at NUGA in 92 at Unilorin. The Played against grown men. These were students in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering at Ife.

Real talented U-17 are an exception, if not I for play for U-17. I followed the football norm but an academic exception.

I am sure at the timeof my entry to Ife there must had been at least 1000 of those kind of students in all the universities in Nigeria combined. Are you saying that cannot be applied to the U-17s? Is it impossible to find at least 500 U-17 players that are exceptional and reduced to 21 or 23 that we are seeing playing for Nigeria now?

These set of player are an exception not norm and that is why they are representing the country!
Last edited by peppersoup on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote: Like I give a rats azz...

You come on the Internet to impugn and cast aspersions on all Naijarians and you think you will go unchallenged? :? :-x
Of course you don't give a damn!

Why else would you be willing to so blatantly lie...
You have accused me of lying multiple times on this forum and I let it slide because of the position I hold on this forum. I am fully capable of dishing it the same way you love impugning my character and reputation.

Dude, you got to quit while you are ahead.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

grandverve wrote:TXJ, you need to consider the possibility of having a range of values for your definition of typical. I think it is your main weakness in this thread. When this site was set-up, no one could have predicted that this thread will come up. Yet you have quite a few people that have already told their own (or someone they know) story of how the age when they finished sec school disagrees with your definition of typical. The occurrence is too coincidental for you to not reconsider how you define typical. Add me to your stat...i also finished sec school at 16 and my first cousin finished at 14! My younger sis finished at 14 and my younger bro also finished at 16! I know several others - family and firends alike that finished within the same age group. In fact my parents and their friends were in competition to ensure that us, their kids skipped pry 6. Skipping pry 6 was the norm for me and afriends and siblings that came behind us. You're deemed as an 'olodo' if you finished pry 6.

Also, you've only mentioned one player in this thread who's profile fits your description of 'typical average age of footballer in school'. Unless your thesis applies to two-thirds of the current crop of our eaglets, it is frankly too little to go on.

You may or may not have read the book "Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell" where kids of a certain age are targeted because they offer the best chance making it as a top pro. Perhaps this, even if unsystematically, may have happened in the case of the NFF U13/U15 program. Whilst all of the boys did not come out the program, the foucs of the NFF on kids that display or have certain characteristics may have unwittingly led the NFF to picking boys that are 'pacing' faster than average. It is what happens when any authority creates a special program, to whip out the best of the crop.

The MRI is not without errors - that much is scientifically established. That Chukwudi and Olanrewaju passed does not mean Abuchi wouldn't fail. Some will chance their luck and will some how scale through. Let's hope those remain exceptions and never become norm.

Frankly the MRI is currently our best weapon in fighting age-cheating. Anything else has too much conjecture for it to be taken seriously.

I think where you've missed it is in trying to raise doubts, you simply dont have enough fact or even fact-like data to do so. What you do have however, IMO, is other ways that the NFF can help eradicate this problem to the minutest minimum.

I don ask am to provide the definition of the "typical/ average school age footballer" maybe since you asked, he may respond. Oloye has given his example, but of course Oloye is an outlier according to Tjx's vast research which he still has not produced.
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

peppersoup wrote:I was at Ife at 16 and at least 8 of my classmates were around that same age in 91. Why cant the same exception be afforded the U-17? Two of my classmates One 17 years old and the other 18 years old played for Ife at NUGA in 92 at Unilorin. The Played against grown men. These were students in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering at Ife.

Real talented U-17 are an exception, if not I for play for U-17. I followed the football norm but an academic exception.

I am sure at the timeof my entry to Ife must have been at least 1000 of those kind of students in all the universities in Nigeria combined. Are you saying that cannot be applied to the U-17s? It is impossible to find at least 500 U-17 players that are exceptional and reduced to 21 or 23 that we are seeing playing for Nigeria now?

These set of player are an exception not norm and that is why they are representing the country!
From what i can infer (since there seems to be a lot of inference going on in here), Tjx either thinks that a vast majority of Nigerian students who play football are stupid, or he doesn't think that your "average Nigerian footballer" is smart enough to skip grades. That is the reason why the examples you people give are irrelevant to him. :D

grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

metalalloy wrote:
peppersoup wrote:I was at Ife at 16 and at least 8 of my classmates were around that same age in 91. Why cant the same exception be afforded the U-17? Two of my classmates One 17 years old and the other 18 years old played for Ife at NUGA in 92 at Unilorin. The Played against grown men. These were students in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering at Ife.

I am sure at the timeof my entry to Ife must have been at least 1000 of those kind of students in all the universities in Nigeria combined. Are you saying that cannot be applied to the U-17s? It is impossible to find at least 500 U-17 players that are exceptional and reduced to 21 or 23 that we are seeing playing for Nigeria now?

From what i can infer (since there seems to be a lot of inference going on in here), Tjx either thinks that a vast majority of Nigerian students who play football are stupid, or he doesn't think that your "average Nigerian footballer" is smart enough to skip grades. That is the reason why the examples you people give are irrelevant to him. :D
Which is a shame as some of them have good educational qualifications like Olofinjana, Rufai etc. Even nedum Onuoha is a qualified accountant - he was born in naija afterall. There are probably lots of others.

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:

QED! He has made the same inference regarding Oloye so it is no surprise.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

grandverve wrote:TXJ, you need to consider the possibility of having a range of values for your definition of typical. I think it is your main weakness in this thread. When this site was set-up, no one could have predicted that this thread will come up. Yet you have quite a few people that have already told their own (or someone they know) story of how the age when they finished sec school disagrees with your definition of typical. The occurrence is too coincidental for you to not reconsider how you define typical. Add me to your stat...i also finished sec school at 16 and my first cousin finished at 14! My younger sis finished at 14 and my younger bro also finished at 16! I know several others - family and firends alike that finished within the same age group. In fact my parents and their friends were in competition to ensure that us, their kids skipped pry 6. Skipping pry 6 was the norm for me and afriends and siblings that came behind us. You're deemed as an 'olodo' if you finished pry 6.

1. The typical age for finishing secondary school in Nigeria is 17 years, based on the 6-3-3 system, with kids starting school at 6.

2. But there are fast kids; I finished earlier, like some here too. To do that, those kids would've started earlier and/or skipped some classes.

3. The typical school footballer doesn't fall in the class above. Are there exceptions? Of course! For every Oloye who skipped class, there are tens of Sunday Eboigbes who never skipped a class!

4. The typical school footballer in the schools that produce footballers in Nigeria are not usually top of the class. It doesn't mean they are not smart; it simply means their intelligence is in other areas...

5. Many who come here and use themselves, their cousins, nephews and brothers as examples are simply missing the point, deliberately I might add!

peppersoup
Egg
Egg

Post by peppersoup »

txj wrote:

1. The typical age for finishing secondary school in Nigeria is 17 years, based on the 6-3-3 system, with kids starting school at 6.

2. But there are fast kids; I finished earlier, like some here too. To do that, those kids would've started earlier and/or skipped some classes.

3. The typical school footballer doesn't fall in the class above. Are there exceptions? Of course! For every Oloye who skipped class, there are tens of Sunday Eboigbes who never skipped a class!

4. The typical school footballer in the schools that produce footballers in Nigeria are not usually top of the class. It doesn't mean they are not smart; it simply means their intelligence is in other areas...

5. Many who come here and use themselves, their cousins, nephews and brothers as examples are simply missing the point, deliberately I might add!
Could these guys be "Oloye" too? Did you consider that? These guys are not typical, you have to accept that. The kids playing in these U-17 competitions are not typical. They are not supposed to be typical
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."
grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

txj wrote:

Can you please post evidence as to how you reached this conclusion? For example, the main striker for my school when we were in SS2 was a 15yr old like me. He was also within the best top 10 students of my set. In fact he and i joined the full school team when in JS3 and both represented our school in JETS competitions, we were also part of the relay team for our house. He was part of the relay team for the full school. Were we exceptions? I simply don't have enough information to make such conclusion and I doubt you do too. In fact the AIONIAN Schools had annual competitions where some students represented their schools in both academic and sporting events.

The point is, our views are myopic. We don't have the data to draw the kind of conclusion you're drawing. Whilst I was growing up, parents routinely encouraged their kids to focus on academics rather than sport regardless of how gifted that child was in sports. Today, parents will readily encourage their kids to take up sports as elite sports people now earn a lot more that office workers, however high your position, and can have very fulfilling lives. So I also can infer that the time when those with less good marks in schools are the ones embracing sports is over (whhich is what i believe you're hinting at). Again, my inference will be wrong as there simply isn't enough information.

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:I believe we are still cheating.

We have improved, but we are still using overaged players.

It will take a team that can match us physically to be able to stop Nigeria. And even then, they may not match the talent..

We may win the trophy, but the real challenge comes afterwards...What do you do with it?

I have watched a lot of youth football first hand and at such levels, even a 3month age gap can be decisive!

Its just my two cents....

Signing off....
txj,

Interesting take on this issue, I must state. Why exactly do you believe that Nigeria continues to cheat? Be assured that I do not dismiss your claim but I need to be convinced by some compelling argument.

First of all your claim that a 3-month age gap at the U-17 level is a huge gap has very little basis, bros. It does not show such a gap at that level. This isn't U-9! High School ball in the USA involves players from U-15 all the way to U-19 (Four year gaps) and the difference that you talk about is hardly evident. In fact, my son at U-15 is just as physically able in his high school team where he consistently outplays the 17 and 18 year olds on his team. My daughter at 16 is doing exactly the same thing. While differences may exist with a few players, it certainly will not be 3 months!
The average age of a senior in high school is 16 or at most 17. Where you get this your 18 and 19 years wahala from?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

txj wrote:

Now we come to the crux of the matter. You don't think intelligent kids can be top ballers. Can you imagine? Your profile is the Nigerian football student is an angel* who turns to ball because he couldn't hack it in school.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:I believe we are still cheating.

We have improved, but we are still using overaged players.

It will take a team that can match us physically to be able to stop Nigeria. And even then, they may not match the talent..

We may win the trophy, but the real challenge comes afterwards...What do you do with it?

I have watched a lot of youth football first hand and at such levels, even a 3month age gap can be decisive!

Its just my two cents....

Signing off....
FIFA has to build better MRI machines... :taunt:
or make dem assign Oga TXJ to monitor and document every male birth in Nigeria.. :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Txj.....

Just embarrassing himself and losing respect all over.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
omonija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonija »

Cristao II wrote:
txj wrote:

Now we come to the crux of the matter. You don't think intelligent kids can be top ballers. Can you imagine? Your profile is the Nigerian football student is an angel* who turns to ball because he couldn't hack it in school.
lol. lets even follow his train of thought. Even if these kinds of students that started out early and/or skipped a grade (I did both) are 1 out of "tens" (so lets say 90. heck, lets even say 100), as txj wants to believe, that leads us to a 1% population.

So, txj, are you saying that Nigeria, a nation with a secondary school population of hundreds of thousands in the SS1 - SS3 range, cannot find 23 out of 1% of that 100,000 (being conservative for you, txj) who were exceptional in BOTH academics and athletics? keep in mind that nigerians are naturally gifted athletically, on average. even if that isn't true, 23 athletically gifted students out of 1000 academically exceptional SS1 - SS3 students all over the country surely isn't an "outlier", is it?

by the way, ur point about typical footballers not being top of the class is just hogwash. plain and simple. it doesn't prove anything. if an underage kid gets into secondary school by being really smart, does he have to stay top of the class to graduate at 14, 15 or 16?

apart from all this, this team is made up of players who are far from typical. these kids are far better players than your "typical" grown men over 25 even. if they were supposed to be typical, this thread wouldn't exist.

but regardless of any data manipulations, for you to conclude on the players ages because u think the "typical" sec. school finishing age is 17 just makes it look very much like you do not understand the concept of averages and statistics.

bottomline, find another case to make.
bolaji
Egg
Egg

Post by bolaji »

The bobo obviously suffers from inferiority complex from hanging out with white people. He probably feels timid, unintelligent and is unable to achieve anything worthwhile in their presence so he thinks most Nigerians should conform to his low standard of reasoning and/or achievement. :lol:
Ugbowo wrote:Txj.....

Just embarrassing himself and losing respect all over.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Daddy, that man looks scary" said my 6yr old son on seeing Ghanaian's GK Dauda's face coming towards the Camera Lens. My avatar is my tribute to the only man that has managed to scare the craps out of my son.