Amuneke ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:06 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:48 pm So did the thread establish anything? I'm just trying to find the conclusion.
What was there to establish? The victim claimed he was assaulted and Amunike confirmed he assaulted him and would do it again.

I wonder how much each party made from Kelechi after all.

Amunike's rebuttal.

https://news.yahoo.com/amuneke-denies-a ... --sow.html
Amuneke denies assault claims

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has rubbished claims that he attacked star midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho's agent Henry Galliano. The youngster was one of the stand out performers as the Nigerians emerged victorious at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup, scoring six goals and providing six assists, and his future has become the subject of much debate following his superb displays in the United Arab Emirates.

The 17-year-old is represented by American agent Galliano and he and Amuneke reportedly came to blows this week, although the 42-year-old flatly denies assaulting Iheanacho's representative. "I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it.

He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that," the former Super Eagles star asserted.

Amuneke did admit that a heated exchange took place and feels that Galliano is not the right man to nurture the prodigious young talent, but he also stated that it is not his decision who Iheanacho chooses as his agent. "I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It's not my job. I am a coach," he continued. "Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me. "He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him. "If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends."
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nigerians will do anything to defend corruption, so long as they love the corrupt person.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:16 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:48 pm So did the thread establish anything? I'm just trying to find the conclusion.
What was there to establish? The victim claimed he was assaulted and Amunike confirmed he assaulted him and would do it again.

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has rubbished claims that he attacked star midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho's agent Henry Galliano. The youngster was one of the stand out performers as the Nigerians emerged victorious at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup, scoring six goals and providing six assists, and his future has become the subject of much debate following his superb displays in the United Arab Emirates.

The 17-year-old is represented by American agent Galliano and he and Amuneke reportedly came to blows this week, although the 42-year-old flatly denies assaulting Iheanacho's representative. "I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it.

He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that," the former Super Eagles star asserted.

Amuneke did admit that a heated exchange took place and feels that Galliano is not the right man to nurture the prodigious young talent, but he also stated that it is not his decision who Iheanacho chooses as his agent. "I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It's not my job. I am a coach," he continued. "Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me. "He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him. "If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends."
Lolly

I read thr story and clearly an assault us established but where is the evidence that Amuneke made money from any deals involving the players, including Iheanachi. Can you please cite the source or point us in the right direction?

Reading the story what I assume is that this is a Manager protecting his wards and perhaps seeking to have them concentrate on an upcoming competition. Am I being naive here? Please show me evidence that I am.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bros,

Shift nyash small make I join you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am so done with this forum! I am done! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:18 pm

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Even if we agree that there was an assault, where was it established that he is an agent for Iheanacho.
So what was he fighting for ?

Do you really want to tell yourself it was "to protect Iheanacho"

The most likely reason was that he had personal interest. Like when Finidi was fighting for a jersey, or when Keshi was fighting with Adebayor.

This fighting is just far too common.

God help us. Honestly.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 pm

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Even if we agree that there was an assault, where was it established that he is an agent for Iheanacho.

The most likely reason was that he had personal interest. Like when Finidi was fighting for a jersey, or when Keshi was fighting with Adebayor.

God help us. Honestly.
I think my simple position may be too intellectually complex for you. But I'll try again. Nothing written or referred to on this thread has established why Amuneke allegedly assaulted the man.

But we are a nation of conjecture peddlers. That is why GistLover is preferred to Fisayo Soyombo.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am This thread na fire. I hope Cellular has changed though.
Changed from what?

That it was wrong of Amuneke to have slapped him and that the agent didn't have good intentions?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm I remember this thread now.
Totally blanked out the details.
Kelechi ended up with Man City, suggesting he still went along with ‘The Evil White Man’, Gilliano.

Interesting. :rotf:
Doc, is there a name for the disease that makes some people to always see the white man as evil? And it mostly affects Nigerian in the abroad.
Yep. Blancophobia

Leukophobia is not restricted to white humans, just anything white. :rotf:
There is also a disease where natives see oyibo people as the messiahs. And every good thing is attributed to them, while bad things are attributed to the natives. It is called the White Savior Complex, aka Whitesavorism.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am This thread na fire. I hope Cellular has changed though.
Changed from what?

That it was wrong of Amuneke to have slapped him and that the agent didn't have good intentions?
You seemed pleased that Amunike dealt with the foreign invader?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm
txj wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:16 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Lolly

I read thr story and clearly an assault us established but where is the evidence that Amuneke made money from any deals involving the players, including Iheanachi. Can you please cite the source or point us in the right direction?

Reading the story what I assume is that this is a Manager protecting his wards and perhaps seeking to have them concentrate on an upcoming competition. Am I being naive here? Please show me evidence that I am.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bros,

Shift nyash small make I join you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am so done with this forum! I am done! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danfo

The issue is does an accused ever have a defense after being accused? I feel really sad that it appears that every accusation is simply accepted. Does the accused ever have ability to defend or should we accept every accusation as a fact?

In my world, the accuser must provide solid evidence and the accused must have opportunity to defend self. I cannot, and no one else, should take every accusation as a fact. To me there is a high bar. I will never ever accept an accusation as a FACT. Never. The accusation must prove it and the defense must have opportunity to defend. That is non-negotiable.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 pm

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

God help us. Honestly.
Wow, so it is only worthy to fight for a player' signature. VE, let me ask you the following:

Suppose for a moment you have young men under your care and you want them to focus on a goal. Then you have an agent come in to bring issues that could disrupt camp. Would you not throw the person out? I am not stating for a fact that this is what happened but it is a possibility.

Why is a fight only warranted on an occasion where an agent is about to sign a player and your percentage is an issue?

Bros, without more info, I just cannot accept what has been put up here as convincing. Bros, at this rate we have people willing to convict others not even on flimsy evidence but on no evidence at all! Just ridiculous. People must be more discerning and educated than what I am reading here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:05 pm
Changed from what?

Very!

Next question?!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:36 pm
Changed from what?

Very!

Next question?!
Do you still believe in honouring contracts and agreements? Or it does not apply in this instance?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm
Changed from what?

Very!

Next question?!
Do you still believe in honouring contracts and agreements? Or it does not apply in this instance?
One of the ethos I live by.

Verbal or written.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:48 pm
Changed from what?

Very!

Next question?!

Verbal or written.
So why would you support the assault of a guy (agent) who has a contract with a client (professional footballer) because someone is not happy with the arrangement?

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

WOW So na me dey fight Cellular for this thread.....11 years ago! We bless God we are still here to reminisce this.

Knowing what I know now about Nigerian grassroots football, Youth football coaches and NFF, The way I for insult Amuneke then ehn!!!

This has thievery and crook written all over it and its not from the white man.

Amuneke yab mehn.

Kelechi still ended up with City.

Might give some credence to some chtter about Amuneke not being in great terms with some of these boys...Look at the whole Osi CAF Player of the year sage.

They should keep this man away from the Super Eagles.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm WOW So na me dey fight Cellular for this thread.....11 years ago! We bless God we are still here to reminisce this.

Knowing what I know now about Nigerian grassroots football, Youth football coaches and NFF, The way I for insult Amuneke then ehn!!!

This has thievery and crook written all over it and its not from the white man.

Amuneke yab mehn.

Kelechi still ended up with City.

Might give some credence to some chtter about Amuneke not being in great terms with some of these boys...Look at the whole Osi CAF Player of the year sage.

They should keep this man away from the Super Eagles.
FAR FAR AWAY!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 pm
Changed from what?

Very!

Next question?!

Verbal or written.
So why would you support the assault of a guy (agent) who has a contract with a client (professional footballer) because someone is not happy with the arrangement?
Clearly, you don’t believe Amuneke when he says the guy insulted him but you would believe that Amuneke assaulted the guy because he wants Iheanacho’s commission for himself. Hasn’t your biased mind wondered why assaulting a man who already has a signed contract would get Amuneke what you think he’s looking for❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 pm

Changed from what?

Very!

Next question?!

Verbal or written.
Clearly, you don’t believe Amuneke when he says the guy insulted him but you would believe that Amuneke assaulted the guy because he wants Iheanacho’s commission for himself. Hasn’t your biased mind wondered why assaulting a man who already has a signed contract would get Amuneke what you think he’s looking for❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Are you hearing things like @ohenhen? :lol:

There is nothing in my posts that suggests all what you are saying here. I have not disputed Amuneke's claim that he was insulted. Also, not being happy with the arrangement does not mean he wants a commission for himself. He said he wanted to be a father figure and provide advice on how the boy can shape his career. So he might have been genuinely fighting to protect the boy.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 pm

Very!

Next question?!

Verbal or written.

Cheers.
Are you hearing things like @ohenhen? :lol:

There is nothing in my posts that suggests all what you are saying here. I have not disputed Amuneke's claim that he was insulted. Also, not being happy with the arrangement does not mean he wants a commission for himself. He said he wanted to be a father figure and provide advice on how the boy can shape his career. So he might have been genuinely fighting to protect the boy.
Get the fock outta here. You just asked Cellular why he “supports the assault on an agent who has a contract with a client because someone is not happy with the arrangement”. Clearly you don’t believe it’s because Amuneke was insulted. Stop being clever by half🤔❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:27 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm I remember this thread now.
Totally blanked out the details.
Kelechi ended up with Man City, suggesting he still went along with ‘The Evil White Man’, Gilliano.

Interesting. :rotf:
Doc, is there a name for the disease that makes some people to always see the white man as evil? And it mostly affects Nigerian in the abroad.
Yep. Blancophobia

Leukophobia is not restricted to white humans, just anything white. :rotf:
There is also a disease where natives see oyibo people as the messiahs. And every good thing is attributed to them, while bad things are attributed to the natives. It is called the White Savior Complex, aka Whitesavorism.
Yes, this is also true.
The key is the accurate diagnosis. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "