Amuneke ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by Cellular »

kolinzo wrote:This is what I'm getting from Cellular, it's okay for Amuneke to exploit the players but not okay for the whites to do it. Now this is mind blowing!!

I mean how can anyone condone Amuneke's threat to destroy the kid? This is absurd!!
Amunike to exploit the players?

You gasto be kidding....

Not surprised many natives won't bat an eye selling off a national treasure for shiny shiny things...

Yeah Kelechi just dropped from the sky.

BTW, I never brought race into this.... It cheapens the argument.
My point remains that we (Naijarians) should at some point do the honorable thing even when it is difficult. Someone picked a rough gem worked on it and made it have value only for some to come and pooch it. It is flat out wrong.

I will leave the pontificating to you guys.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNEKE APPOINTED AS NEW U-17 HEAD COACH

Post by Vindave »

Solowe wrote:Nigerian coaches cant seem to separate their roles from that of agents... There job is to coach these kids, not own them or control their careers...
My friend, that is call PROTECTING YOUR JEWEL. One need to protect his asset. Oyinbo dem own too much..... them nor deh rest from enslaving Africans? If I be Amunike, I go slap am pass like that.... infact I for add Kick self... hope na left hand him take slap am. But while go hand ball instead of football kick.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
kolinzo wrote:This is what I'm getting from Cellular, it's okay for Amuneke to exploit the players but not okay for the whites to do it. Now this is mind blowing!!

I mean how can anyone condone Amuneke's threat to destroy the kid? This is absurd!!

You gasto be kidding....

Not surprised many natives won't bat an eye selling off a national treasure for shiny shiny things...

My point remains that we (Naijarians) should at some point do the honorable thing even when it is difficult. Someone picked a rough gem worked on it and made it have value only for some to come and pooch it. It is flat out wrong.

Same thing happens in Brazil and South America...same exact thing....if you see how many agents get hand in Neymar, ridiculous!
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNEKE APPOINTED AS NEW U-17 HEAD COACH

Post by The Eagle »

Vindave wrote:
Solowe wrote:Nigerian coaches cant seem to separate their roles from that of agents... There job is to coach these kids, not own them or control their careers...
My friend, that is call PROTECTING YOUR JEWEL. One need to protect his asset. Oyinbo dem own too much..... them nor deh rest from enslaving Africans? If I be Amunike, I go slap am pass like that.... infact I for add Kick self... hope na left hand him take slap am. But while go hand ball instead of football kick.
Na wa for you.

If we were serious about protecting our jewels, we would have a much stronger league (financially, technically, organizationally, officiating, security, etc, etc) .... and we wouldn't now be engaged in a wahala over who gets to flog him off to a European club.

He would be continuing with whichever Nigerian club had him in their academy. We would be talking about whether he was good enough to get some minutes of first team action when the team is ahead and is playing a weak opponent (e.g. a Kenyan team in continental competition). If he absolutely had to be sold to Europe, it wouldn't happen for a few years, and when it did happen the European club would have to break the bank to pay.

And the Nigerian Football Federation would have had measures in place that would protect youngsters, protect families who may or may not understand the world of football ..... as opposed to being a participant in the exploitation.

There is nothing, nothing at all about the present situation that can be construed as being "protective of our jewels".

PS: As one of the greatest forumers used to say before he disappeared .... my two kobo.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:

You gasto be kidding....

Your logic is so twisted it is astounding.

One of the people involved is A COACH. The other is AN AGENT.
The coach's job is to...that's right...to coach the player.
The agents job is to get the player a good deal at a mutually beneficial club if possible while looking out for the player's well being.

The person who picked the rough gem and worked on it if acting professionally, does not get financial rewards from the sale of the player nor is said person supposed to pimp the player out to the person's preferred agent. The person gets rewards if the player chooses to help him financially as said player becomes a professional player.

It has nothing to do with selling treasures for other things. Christ almighty.
Most wouldn't have a problem if it was some other Nigerian agent getting in a tizzy or tussle with Galeano over Kelechi. This is a coach trying to pimp his player! Jeez.

--------------------------------------------
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

F360 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You gasto be kidding....

The agents job is to get the player a good deal at a mutually beneficial club if possible while looking out for the player's well being.

The person who picked the rough gem and worked on it if acting professionally, does not get financial rewards from the sale of the player nor is said person supposed to pimp the player out to the person's preferred agent. The person gets rewards if the player chooses to help him financially as said player becomes a professional player.

Most wouldn't have a problem if it was some other Nigerian agent getting in a tizzy or tussle with Galeano over Kelechi. This is a coach trying to pimp his player! Jeez.
Ya! Sell that to some native...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
F360 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:Wait why is this man a "crook" agent again?
He might not be a "crook" agent but the manner he went about pooching Kelechi shows he is acting like one.

These things never ceases to amaze me... Kelechi did not drop from the sky.

Someone has been paying for the dudes upkeep since U13 days... someone has been paying for his various trials and travels... someone has been kitting him.

The NORMAL way you go about this things if you don't have ulterior motives is to visit the boy's coach show him your credentials and your plans for the boy... ask him how do you go about securing the boys services. The coach is in the best position to evaluate your credentials as an agent... not the naive parents.

You don't go to the boys father who knows little or nothing of the business side of sports, flash him some money and some trinkets and ask him to turn over his boy to you. And then have the temerity to go to the coach afterwards to tell him you have his boy. That is shady and unprofessional... that harkens back to the slave trading, IPR thievery, manpower fleecing they used to do with Africans.

Sigh.

Please tell us about the manner he went about"pooching" Kelechi since you were privy to the conversations held between him, his Nigerian partner and Kelechi as well as Kelechi's family? Did you hear something about it that you can share with us? Let us know so we can take that into account.

Just because someone was paying for Kelechi's various trials, etc doesn't mean any potential agent MUST go through said person/coach. The only obligation for the agent trying to sign the player is to seek out the parents (and any other family members that the parent puts in charge if the parent feels unable to handle the agent recruitment process). Since you enjoy bringing up American sports and Gtown Basketball and Coach Thompson- I'll add that the coach doesn't necessarily get involved unless the parents brings the coach into the recruitment process.

The NORMAL way to go about these things(because more often than not in MOST SPORTS the coach has his own agenda regarding the agent he would prefer to have his player sign with) is to seek out the parents and go through the parents. If the parents want to include the coach in the process then they will.

How nice of you and some others to consider Kelechi's parents to be naive. Perhaps because they don't have a school certificate or any degrees that means they are naive and not smart in any capacity right? Maybe because they are not street smart or with an idea as to the games agents can run right?

There is nothing shady or unprofessional in what Galeano did. Apparently nothing Amunike did was shady or unprofessional to you but Galeano was it seems. Nothing wrong with a coach steering his player towards the coach's preferred agents yanno because coach's don't have an agenda and if so then no problem right? Good stuff.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.
As if when you have a child that is at the top of their game in whatever sport they play and is being recruited by various agents to sign with them prior to making the move to a professional league, you would let the child's coach take the lead in sorting out the agent for your son. Regardless of your experience or knowledge, that would be foolishness to give said coach all the power in that regard. Yet some of you are fine with what Amunike did.

Just brilliant.
You must know Galeno personally. If you you do, you are best served to tell him we don't dash away our national treasures for mere trinkets and hot drinks.

The depths some of you go to absolve Westerners when they exploit folks based on their naïveté is mind bungling.

He knows that the BS underhanded approach will work with his parents and not with Amunike or any person who has seen or negotiated such agreements.

Please while you are it, read the reports attributed to the kid's father where they are being bombarded by agents.

As to parents handing over their kids to coaches. It is a common practice... Some parents spend so much time researching the coach and will feel comfortable trusting their wards to a coach. Most of these guys feed, nurture and take care of the kids... They invest their time and resources before the kids are anything to speak of...

And yes, I know exactly how the process works...

Ambush marketing and pooching of players is rampant in the business... Folks will rather have someone do all the work and stroll in and collect the player.

Not this time boss... Tell your boys that the natives are a lil bit wiser and will resort to violence to protect their interest.
Lol, no i'm sorry I don't know Galeano and never heard of him until last week thanks to ANSoccer.
My first thought upon hearing of him was I don't like the choice of agent by Kelechi and his family. As I stated earlier, I would have preferred John Shittu for Kelechi because of the manner in which Shittu protected Mikel. I feel the same thing is about to happen to Kelechi in terms of various agents trying to stake a claim when they have no legal right to him.

So unfortunately chief, I can't pass on any of your comments to the Galeano fella.

What BS underhanded approach? You keep making allegations as to the manner Kelechi was signed by the agent yet you provide no proof of wrong doing.

I have read the reports of the kids father being bombarded by agents, guess when that began? After the tournament began.
Guess when Galeano signed Kelechi? Prior to the tournament. Unfortunately Galeano got the signature before the other agents realized who to go after. Now those other agents are bombarding Kelechi's father and not Mr. Galeano since he already signed Kelechi.

Chief, parents don't hand their kids off to the coaches in terms of choosing the agent for their kid. There is a difference between trusting their ward with the coach and determining who should represent their child. I've been around my fair share of players being recruited in the major sports except hockey. Players from wealthy families and players from poor families. They might have the coach help in the agent selection and be with them as they interview the agents but they do not leave the selection of the agent up to the coach. Regardless of their education level or financial level. The parents and the child make the decision with input from the coach at times or from other family members or friends.

As I said, let us know when you choose to leave your child's choice of an agent in the hands of the child's coach.

A good person to talk to on this subject would be MDolly- as he has a child that will be in need of an agent next year or the year after once he declares for the NFL draft. Or even Obong Itatex in Soccer, since I believe he has a child playing professional soccer and the child has an agent. Why don't we ask them if they would leave the agent selection up to their child's coaches?

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
F360 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You gasto be kidding....

Ya! Sell that to some native...

No need for me to do that chief. Not my problem.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

F360 wrote:
Lol, no i'm sorry I don't know Galeano and never heard of him until last week thanks to ANSoccer.
My first thought upon hearing of him was I don't like the choice of agent by Kelechi and his family. As I stated earlier, I would have preferred John Shittu for Kelechi because of the manner in which Shittu protected Mikel. I feel the same thing is about to happen to Kelechi in terms of various agents trying to stake a claim when they have no legal right to him.

So unfortunately chief, I can't pass on any of your comments to the Galeano fella.

What BS underhanded approach? You keep making allegations as to the manner Kelechi was signed by the agent yet you provide no proof of wrong doing.

I have read the reports of the kids father being bombarded by agents, guess when that began? After the tournament began.
Guess when Galeano signed Kelechi? Prior to the tournament. Unfortunately Galeano got the signature before the other agents realized who to go after. Now those other agents are bombarding Kelechi's father and not Mr. Galeano since he already signed Kelechi.

Chief, parents don't hand their kids off to the coaches in terms of choosing the agent for their kid. There is a difference between trusting their ward with the coach and determining who should represent their child. I've been around my fair share of players being recruited in the major sports except hockey. Players from wealthy families and players from poor families. They might have the coach help in the agent selection and be with them as they interview the agents but they do not leave the selection of the agent up to the coach. Regardless of their education level or financial level. The parents and the child make the decision with input from the coach at times or from other family members or friends.

As I said, let us know when you choose to leave your child's choice of an agent in the hands of the child's coach.

A good person to talk to on this subject would be MDolly- as he has a child that will be in need of an agent next year or the year after once he declares for the NFL draft. Or even Obong Itatex in Soccer, since I believe he has a child playing professional soccer and the child has an agent. Why don't we ask them if they would leave the agent selection up to their child's coaches?
Chief,

Oga MD is the wrong person to talk to... He has the credentials neither of Kelechi's parents have. He is educated, exposed, enlightened and he is also an agent. So he knows the business inside and out.

The guy I use as my reference point is Big John Thompson and Chaney (Temple). They recruit players and are intrinsically involved in every decision their recruits make even in their choice of agents... David Falk... He (the coach) looks at the business side of sports and the parents trust him so will let him control the future of his star players... The ones who refuse to listen end up like Victor Page... I am telling you this to set up precedence even here in the US of a major BBall program wher the coach chooses EVERYTHING for you.

The underhanded approach is talking to the parents first... The parents who don't know a good contract from a bad one. Parents who will go for the immediate cash over the longtime career of their kid.

That my good friend is the underhanded approach.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cellular wrote:

You gasto be kidding....

Yes you brought race into it when you made reference to slavery in one of your posts. What is flat out wrong is the absurdity of condoning a COACH pimping and threatning to destroy the career of his player if he does not play ball. What is flat out wrong is the absurdity of supporting slavery domestically and claiming slavery when other race came into play. What is flat out wrong is the notion that Amuneke "picked" a "rough gem" and worked on it only to be pooched by someone else. Jeez....this is a national coach who should have no business selling players?! How can you not see how you have made a 17year old boy a slave with that comment?

Is the national coach supposed to be caught doing this kind of thing? In fact this buttresses the point I made in another thread when I said Nigeria actually didn't send the best players to WC. Only God knows which kid's dream has been permanently shut because the coach is an agent!! This is criminal!!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

How come these great 'agents' don't try their 'pimping' activities with .......say, German youth National players.
Like Cellular rightly said......................'Is all about the idiotic natives'.
To Coach Amunike .....................'Slap the hell out of the 'new' wannabe- slave drivers' :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

kolinzo wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You gasto be kidding....

Yes you brought race into it when you made reference to slavery in one of your posts. What is flat out wrong is the absurdity of condoning a COACH pimping and threatning to destroy the career of his player if he does not play ball. What is flat out wrong is the absurdity of supporting slavery domestically and claiming slavery when other race came into play. What is flat out wrong is the notion that Amuneke "picked" a "rough gem" and worked on it only to be pooched by someone else. Jeez....this is a national coach who should have no business selling players?! How can you not see how you have made a 17year old boy a slave with that comment?

Is the national coach supposed to be caught doing this kind of thing? In fact this buttresses the point I made in another thread when I said Nigeria actually didn't send the best players to WC. Only God knows which kid's dream has been permanently shut because the coach is an agent!! This is criminal!!!
Do you understand context?

Slavery happens with implicit and explicit participation of natives. Their ignorance is used to exploit them...

I did not mention race. You brought race into the picture...

I guess you did not see the part in the article where he said he was not an agent... But why would you believe him? He is a Naijarian so he is incapable of telling the truth?

I know a lot of natives are happy and will actually let themselves be exploited... Thankfully, some have decided not to make it easy on the exploiters to exploit the exploitable.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
F360 wrote:

Chief,

Oga MD is the wrong person to talk to... He has the credentials neither of Kelechi's parents have. He is educated, exposed, enlightened and he is also an agent. So he knows the business inside and out.

The guy I use as my reference point is Big John Thompson and Chaney (Temple). They recruit players and are intrinsically involved in every decision their recruits make even in their choice of agents... David Falk... He (the coach) looks at the business side of sports and the parents trust him so will let him control the future of his star players... The ones who refuse to listen end up like Victor Page... I am telling you this to set up precedence even here in the US of a major BBall program wher the coach chooses EVERYTHING for you.

The underhanded approach is talking to the parents first... The parents who don't know a good contract from a bad one. Parents who will go for the immediate cash over the longtime career of their kid.

Chief,
Then go with Obong itatex since he is not an agent and his son plays the same sport as Kelechi.

You've used John Thompson and Coach Chaney as your reference points many times. That doesn't make their approach good or appropriate. It makes them shady.
I'm sorry but please tell me what agents Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, Coach K or other black coaches like Nolan Richardson and Tubby Smith FORCED upon their players?

You are using two coaches and their programs as proof of the supposed brilliance or need for such a strategy by the coaches at those programs. Three if you feel like including John Calipari and his relationship with Dan Fegan and Arn Tellem.
That doesn't make it right. No one is saying there aren't coaches outside of Nigeria acting like Amunike did.
There are and that still doesn't make it right.

If you think the underhanded approach is talking to the parents first then I'm at a loss for words as to how to even correct that kind of thinking. You would rather an agent deal with your child's coach as opposed to you? Regardless of your knowledge about whichever sport and the business of that sport that is as silly a method of thinking as I've encounted in a while and I'd expect that from some on this board but for some reason I'm surprised you're thinking like that.

You're basically giving the coach power of attorney to make the decisions for you and your child. Great idea boss.

Re. Victor Page, you do realize that even if he signed with David Falk that he still could have and probably would have had the same minimal, middling NBA career? Maybe he would have received more training camp invites but he was not good enough.
He was a good player but he wasn't ready for the association when he declared for the draft and it showed. He got bad advice and I'm sure staying in school an extra year and then signing with David Falk would have helped but keep in mind David Falk is not the only great NBA agent. Every follower of G'town hoops and the NBA agent business knows of Falk's relationship with the Hoyas but that doesn't make it right nor does it mean any Hoya that signs with Arn Tellem, Lon Babby, Bill Duffy or Dan Fegan is making a terrible decision. Nor does it mean any Kentucky player that forgoes Dan Fegan to sign with David Falk is making a bad decision.

It is about leaving the decision in the hands of the player and the player's parents with input from the coaches if requested.

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

If true very unprofessional way to deal with the situation by Amunike, however I understand where he is coming from, so many vultures out there, one needs to be very careful. I think the NFF need to learn from this and set up a committee that deals with the boys transfers especially if their parents are not educated, not sure how this will fall under FIFA rules though.
Last edited by Player on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Player wrote:If true very unprofessional way to deal with the situation by Amunike, however I understand where he is coming from, so many Vultures out there, one needs to be very careful. I think the NFF need to learn from this and set up a committee that deals with the boys transfers especially if their parents are not educated, not sure how this will fall under FIFA rules though.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Kpom!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cellular wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You gasto be kidding....

Do you understand context?

Slavery happens with implicit and explicit participation of natives. Their ignorance is used to exploit them...

I did not mention race. You brought race into the picture...

I guess you did not see the part in the article where he said he was not an agent... But why would you believe him? He is a Naijarian so he is incapable of telling the truth?

I know a lot of natives are happy and will actually let themselves be exploited... Thankfully, some have decided not to make it easy on the exploiters to exploit the exploitable.
Yes I understand context, and I understand when somebody say "Oyinbo" it means white man/woman. You, Celly, did make reference to Oyinbo and slavery. That you said natives are happy showing them [oyinbo] the way (aka implicit and explicit participation) does not mean you didn't reference race, you did and I quoted you on that.

Notwithstanding, both of us can see the article posted on this thread. If it is to be believed then saying Amuneke is not an agent is a bit naive. Amuneke invited the said agent (and his "native" friend) to some place; Amuneke beat him up because he thought the said agent was going to "exploit" Nacho (according to Amuneke). So for a sane mind, beating up an agent for coming to reap where he "did not sow" is the way to show that the said agent is about to exploit an innocent? Sow what? Is Nacho a crop? What is his business with agents tryna sign players? Oh...but he's not an agent right?

Oga, forgeti, you are wrong on all accounts on this issue. Amuneke has no business whatsoever mingling with national heroes' careers. His job is to coach, it's the job of the NFF to make sure the kids don't get exploited. What we should be talking about is how the NFF should create a program for the players to make sure they are well taken care of. This is why I like the USA! Yarns.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Amunike is corrupt from the looks of things. It is the Nigerian way for coaches to try and profit from their players but the Nigerian way has ruined many fine institutions and I eventually expect it to ruin our football too.

Are there unscrupulous agents? Yes!! But the mere fact that Amunike went as far as slapping someone because he got a player to sign a contract means his hands are not clean. He should be a coach, and if needed, an adviser...nothing more. He, Keshi and the rest if them that get into this agent business need to stop!!!

To all of you supporting Amunike with your flawed man-must-whack/reap where you sow theories, just understand that the more soccer coaches get into player agencies, the more the soccer will suffer. Interests are not aligned, and the "coach" would defer to his pocket most of the time
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ugbowo wrote:So you really believe Kelechi being forced to go with a different agent that Amunike chooses is Amunike looking for him?

You guys believe Amunike threatening his ITC is Amunike looking out for him?

Did he give Amunike the right to look out for him? Does Kelechi have a Father or a Mother?

Is their say not important because Amunike knows best?????

This is incredulous.

If this was your kid, what would you do????
If it was my son, his coach will be taken care of. But that's me. Life is rough in naija. When someone helps you get ahead, you are EXPECTED to show gratitude. It's our way. This ain't USA.

I've heard kelechi's dad speak on the radio. His English is very poor which makes me question his education level. Certainly did not sound like a man sharp enough to understand the complexities of a pro player contract that his son can command in the near future.

Amunike, who has been his coach even before he was a teenager, and has ample experience in dealing with contracts and agents in Europe, is better placed to safeguard the boys future. The methodology of enforcement might have been mafioso but that is the Nigerian way.

And yes, it does smack of conflict of interest/ unethical concerns but the situation (increased likelihood of foreign exploitation) mitigates that consideration for me. These boys are our boys. We sweat & protect them when the sun is hitting hard on their heads. Thus we are better placed to look after their future.

This is not USA. Life in Nigeria is very tough. We play & live under different rules. That's why Amunike can openly admit to assaulting the American knowing there likely won't be any problem. Your response is a simple answer to a complex matter. Stay tuned.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

green4life wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:So you really believe Kelechi being forced to go with a different agent that Amunike chooses is Amunike looking for him?

Did he give Amunike the right to look out for him? Does Kelechi have a Father or a Mother?

This is incredulous.

If it was my son, his coach will be taken care of. But that's me. Life is rough in naija. When someone helps you get ahead, you are EXPECTED to show gratitude. It's our way. This ain't USA.

I've heard kelechi's dad speak on the radio. His English is very poor which makes me question his education level. Certainly did not sound like a man sharp enough to understand the complexities of a pro player contract that his son can command in the near future.

Amunike, who has been his coach even before he was a teenager, and has ample experience in dealing with contracts and agents in Europe, is better placed to safeguard the boys future. The methodology of enforcement might have been mafioso but that is the Nigerian way.

And yes, it does smack of conflict of interest/ unethical concerns but the situation (increased likelihood of foreign exploitation) mitigates that consideration for me. These boys are our boys. We sweat & protect them when the sun is hitting hard on their heads. Thus we are better placed to look after their future.

This is not USA. Life in Nigeria is very tough. We play & live under different rules. That's why Amunike can openly admit to assaulting the American knowing there likely won't be any problem. Your response is a simple answer to a complex matter. Stay tuned.
Another post that is ...........Kpomed!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
F360 wrote:

Chief,

But who were they supposed to talk to? If he hadnt signed for another agent he is free game all you need is the parental consent of a minor...if the parents now involve a so called 'expert' then thats a different matter...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

green4life wrote:

This is incredulous.

Man, what we will condone ..

What proof do we have that Amunike would safeguard the future of the player better than this agent? The issue for me is if Amunike wants to be a coach he should be one, but if he wants to the an agent he should quit his position of coaching "kids" and be an agent where he can better safeguard the interests of the kids he signs.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
“Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.

“He is an angel*, useless white man, he wants to come and reap where he didn’t sow.

“Kelechi is a nobody; yes, I said we helped him into the team, made him, moulded him into what he is today, he shouldn’t allow anybody to fool him,” the former winger said.

When asked the reason for his action and his rumoured roles in Kelechi and other players transfer business, Amuneke said, “I care so much for my players, I am a coach.”

“I’m not an agent but I just look out for the boys. He wants to come and sign a player just like that, he’s an angel*, I will not allow him.

“Because the boy’s parents are poor and illiterate, he wants to use them. We are Nigerians and we’re not foolish,” he added.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E don start...

Vultures with access to the media...

Monkey don work finish, Baboon come balance wan collect.

It's not a new phenomenon... Gorilla ambush.

But they have met a man who has seen all of their tactics before... bring cash in front of the boys parents, tell them "forget about prior commitment, we can handle them..."

Come with a straight face to hijack a player and think you will be dealing with the same docile natives who sold folks for trinkets and a bottle of gin.
I am 100% with Amuneke on this one. Amuneke should have slapped him more than once. Enough of we being SLAVES and fools to these White men.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: Actually the article quotes both sides....making it somewhat balanced IMHO.
Oga Ugbowo,

There was nothing balanced about the article... you no understand how these guys work. They used words and sentences designed to influence the thought process of the reader... you might not notice it if you are not intune with their tactics. It started off saying he assaulted the man, without saying allegedly since he was not a witness... then he goes ahead to tell you the reason why Amunike assaulted the man. In his first paragraph he summarizes the story so that the reader's mind will already be biased before he reads the entire story.... and most people, read the header and the first paragraph... they don't bother reading the whole article...
Are you beneffiting from the deal? The audacity with which Nigerians defend criminality is puzzling!