Amuneke ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Aareonakakanfo
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by Aareonakakanfo »

Ugbowo wrote:Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano.

A football agent, Henry Galliano, was on Monday evening assaulted by a Nigerian coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, at the Rockview Hotel, Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The assault, which happened at about 6:00 p.m. was caused by the decision of Golden Eaglets star, Kelechi Iheanacho, to choose Galliano as his agent ahead of one recommended by Amuneke.

As agent, Galliano would be responsible for arranging club transfer deals for Iheanacho, a member of the world-conquering Golden Eaglets.

Iheanacho was selected by FIFA as the best player of the just-concluded FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE. He has since been linked to top European clubs including FC Porto and Manchester City.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Iheanacho has signed an agent deal officially with Galliano with a copy of the agreement sent to the secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF. The agent also confirmed that a copy of the agreement with Iheanacho was submitted to the NFF on October 21.

In a chat with PREMIUM TIMES, Galliano and his Nigerian partner, Solomon Oluwaseun, accused Amuneke of assault; and threatened to press charges against him.

They said the coach invited them for a meeting before he got angry, saying that his (Amuneke’s chosen) agent must be the one to handle Iheanacho’s transfer.

“The coach invited us, we went to see him and he started threatening Kelechi that he should follow him to Abuja to sign with his agent who is working with a Nasiru Jubril, a staff of the NFF; or else Nasiru, the man in charge of the ITC (International Transfer Certificate), will not release kelechi’s ITC to him and they will both make sure that he is banned from Nigeria football; also he will not get a good club.

“When the agent tried to talk back, the coach slapped him and beat him up in the presence of over 25 people,” Solomon said.

In his comment, Galliano said he only came to Nigeria to take Iheanacho abroad for club engagement; and he didn’t know why the coach threatened him.

“I came here to take Kelechi to his club. FC Porto and Manchester City are interested in him but Manchester City has a better package. This was our discussion and conclusion when Mr. Amuneke sent for me, and asked me to go back to my cousin.

“He called me names, beat me up and embarrassed me, he said it’s impossible to just take his players,” Galliano said while accusing Amuneke of racial statements.

Galliano, an American, said Amuneke ordered Iheanacho to follow him to Abuja and also threatened him; which made the boy to burst into tears and went away.

“Kelechi is nowhere to be found, he started crying after the threat made against him, the small boy is afraid and I hope he will not lose hope.

“Amuneke said he will delay his ITC and deal with him, he called vulgar words, cursing the boys and the players,” he said.

PREMIUM TIMES tried to speak to Iheanacho, but his phone was switched off. His father, when contacted, declined comment.

Amuneke, a Nations Cup winner in 1994 with the Super Eagles, and current assistant coach of the Golden Eaglets, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that he assaulted the American.

When contacted on phone, an angry Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano. He threatened to beat him up again whenever he sees him.

He, however, denied being involved in the player’s possible transfer.

“Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.

“He is an angel*, useless white man, he wants to come and reap where he didn’t sow.

“Kelechi is a nobody; yes, I said we helped him into the team, made him, moulded him into what he is today, he shouldn’t allow anybody to fool him,” the former winger said.

When asked the reason for his action and his rumoured roles in Kelechi and other players transfer business, Amuneke said, “I care so much for my players, I am a coach.”

“I’m not an agent but I just look out for the boys. He wants to come and sign a player just like that, he’s an angel*, I will not allow him.

“Because the boy’s parents are poor and illiterate, he wants to use them. We are Nigerians and we’re not foolish,” he added.

Despite Amuneke’s denial, the shady involvement of Nigerian coaches and football officials in the transfer of players to foreign clubs is something muted and known by close observers of Nigerian football.

A football website, Goal.com, recently revealed that Super Eagles midfielder, Sunday Mba’s move to a French club, was scuttled because of the financial demands and involvement of Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, and some officials of the NFF. Mba had been unveiled by the French club, Bastia, before he was forced to return to Nigeria.

The NFF also recently suspended a former Secretary General of the Federation, Taiwo Ogunjobi, over the latter’s alleged involvement in the transfer of a Flying Eagles forward, Olanrewaju Kayode

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/149910-e ... nsfer.html
Iheanacho had better be careful with these European vultures. Don't know the facts, but I am almost inclined to side with Amuneke here. After all, they are the ones that found these boys and nurtured them to where they are. Nothing wrong looking out for the kids at that level as long as the intent is genuine.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ugbowo wrote:Cellular,

I respectfully disagree. At the end of the day, Amunike CANNOT tell the boy or his father who to sign with. IT IS NOT DONE!

You may think it is a bad idea for him but allow the boy and his family to make their own decisions. How can u threaten to hold his ITC? Who are you? Are you the head of his academy? His uncle? His agent? You are nothing but his effin coach. Give the boy your best ADVICE then let him and his family decide.

This is nonsense.

The poor Kelechi was crying!
Ain't that something?! Amuneke is not in any position good enough for the boy based on his utterances. Nonsense. NFF should be the one protecting he boy not Amuneke who is threatning to destroy the boy. SMHBT!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Prince wrote:Please I dont trust this Oyinbo people, if I were Kelechi Papa I would hand my son over to Amuneke publicly like Obi papa do for John Shittu. When Mikel signed for MANU the Papa said na only John Shittu he knows he doesnt know Sir Alex.

The man know where to go look for his son, that is how we do it in Africa, Oyinbo man with no fixed address why would i handover my son to him, Amuneke I know his clan and I know his house.

This guys dont have the interest of this guy at heart. ex footballers should come and be telling you their stories
Prince, but there is a Nigerian involved in the deal by name Oluseun Something.
In every slave trading business, there are natives who show them the lay of the land for mere tokens and a bottle of schnapps.

Who else will translate for the oyibo man... or to bamboozle the parents that oyibo knows best?

Becareful how you go about things on this issue. What happens if the agent Amuneke wants for the boy is white? Would you still go on and on about how Amuneke is fighting for the boy?

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

Amunike learnt from the best Westerhof. Westerhof minted hundreds of thousands of dollars from transferring every Super Eagle he could find to Belgium or the Netherlands. In the case of Amunike he transferred him to Duisberg while Amunike signed to play for Sporting Lisbon. Westerhof threatened not to play Amunike if he did not go to Duisberg and it took FIFA to intervene to convince Sporting to "settle" Duisberg to make Westerhof's dirty deal go through.

But if Amunike is trying to replicate Westerhof's off-field success, he should realize that Westerhof is a European and he is not. FIFA is run primarily by Europeans and the club system agents are minting millions from are European. Amunike should have used a lot more tact in dealing with Galliano. He would have gotten his cut and not made news.

Instead by behaving like an animal he has not only exposed the dirty deals he and the NFF are engaging in (talk about conflict of interest) but when this hits the international media they will make a meal of another scandal enveloping Nigerian youth football and Amunike will infamously be the poster boy.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Cellular wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
niyi wrote:Wait why is this man a "crook" agent again?
Niyi, it appears Kelechinho already had an agreement with Amuneke's agent, someone here it appears is muscling in. There is nothing new here, this is why they are agents. Always looking for a quick bucks. Football agency remains where you can earn some serious quick money if you are sharp and can smell a lucrative deal from afar. While i am not privy to the whole saga, i cannot help but feel someone has been double crossed here. Think Mikel , think Shittu. When agents smell money they can do anything.
If the prior agreement was in the form of a signed contract, they have a case. If it wasn't, they should ask themselves what they were doing while Galliano was getting a signed contract.

If they slap him, give him a forearm, clothesline him, body-slam him, put him in the figure-four leg lock, apply a pile driver and then force him to submit with the cobra clutch .... it will not matter if he has a contract and they don't.

PS: :) Okay, so I used to watch Rocky Johnson and SD Jones, wetin?
Bros, I agree...

It is a sad commentary on Naijaria and Naijarians where you have to write every agreement and have it notarized at the court house.
But it is not just Nigeria. The same applies in the USA. The guy who is morally right will lose to the guy with the legal paperwork.

A "gold digger" who marries a rich old man or woman to reap where they didn't sow will walk away with an inheritance, so long as it is in the will. It doesn't matter if the the children complain (a la Amunike) that the person never loved their parent and never had their parent's best interest at heart.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

JMObi wrote:Amunike learnt from the best Westerhof. Westerhof minted hundreds of thousands of dollars from transferring every Super Eagle he could find to Belgium or the Netherlands. In the case of Amunike he transferred him to Duisberg while Amunike signed to play for Sporting Lisbon. Westerhof threatened not to play Amunike if he did not go to Duisberg and it took FIFA to intervene to convince Sporting to "settle" Duisberg to make Westerhof's dirty deal go through.

But if Amunike is trying to replicate Westerhof's off-field success, he should realize that Westerhof is a European and he is not. FIFA is run primarily by Europeans and the club system agents are minting millions from are European. Amunike should have used a lot more tact in dealing with Galliano. He would have gotten his cut and not made news.

Instead by behaving like an animal he has not only exposed the dirty deals he and the NFF are engaging in (talk about conflict of interest) but when this hits the international media they will make a meal of another scandal enveloping Nigerian youth football and Amunike will infamously be the poster boy.

Agree 100%.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

kolinzo wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Cellular,

I respectfully disagree. At the end of the day, Amunike CANNOT tell the boy or his father who to sign with. IT IS NOT DONE!

You may think it is a bad idea for him but allow the boy and his family to make their own decisions. How can u threaten to hold his ITC? Who are you? Are you the head of his academy? His uncle? His agent? You are nothing but his effin coach. Give the boy your best ADVICE then let him and his family decide.

This is nonsense.

The poor Kelechi was crying!
Ain't that something?! Amuneke is not in any position good enough for the boy based on his utterances. Nonsense. NFF should be the one protecting he boy not Amuneke who is threatning to destroy the boy. SMHBT!

Agree 100%

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

kolinzo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Prince wrote:Please I dont trust this Oyinbo people, if I were Kelechi Papa I would hand my son over to Amuneke publicly like Obi papa do for John Shittu. When Mikel signed for MANU the Papa said na only John Shittu he knows he doesnt know Sir Alex.

The man know where to go look for his son, that is how we do it in Africa, Oyinbo man with no fixed address why would i handover my son to him, Amuneke I know his clan and I know his house.

This guys dont have the interest of this guy at heart. ex footballers should come and be telling you their stories
Prince, but there is a Nigerian involved in the deal by name Oluseun Something.
In every slave trading business, there are natives who show them the lay of the land for mere tokens and a bottle of schnapps.

Who else will translate for the oyibo man... or to bamboozle the parents that oyibo knows best?
Agree 100%

Becareful how you go about things on this issue. What happens if the agent Amuneke wants for the boy is white? Would you still go on and on about how Amuneke is fighting for the boy?

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
Niyi, it appears Kelechinho already had an agreement with Amuneke's agent, someone here it appears is muscling in. There is nothing new here, this is why they are agents. Always looking for a quick bucks. Football agency remains where you can earn some serious quick money if you are sharp and can smell a lucrative deal from afar. While i am not privy to the whole saga, i cannot help but feel someone has been double crossed here. Think Mikel , think Shittu. When agents smell money they can do anything.
If the prior agreement was in the form of a signed contract, they have a case. If it wasn't, they should ask themselves what they were doing while Galliano was getting a signed contract.

If they slap him, give him a forearm, clothesline him, body-slam him, put him in the figure-four leg lock, apply a pile driver and then force him to submit with the cobra clutch .... it will not matter if he has a contract and they don't.

PS: :) Okay, so I used to watch Rocky Johnson and SD Jones, wetin?
Bros, I agree...
It is a sad commentary on Naijaria and Naijarians where you have to write every agreement and have it notarized at the court house.
As someone else mentioned. That is not a commentary of any sort on Nigeria and Nigerians but rather that is the way business is done PROPERLY in ANY country ESPECIALLY in regard to sports representation. You need a signed contract to have anything to stand on. Nothing special there.

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Prince wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
Baba Oloye,

Someone most definitely has been double crossed. And they are now using the media to try to change the story. Even in the Mikel saga, they tried all manner of tactics to get a hold of Mikel. There was nothing they didn't call Shittu... forgetting nobe today Shittu was involved with Mikel.

We should not encourage people circumventing or reneging on an agreement.
Especially one that has looked after you over the years......where was he when Kelechi could not eat breakfast.......Amuneke has played for Barcelona who has this guy represented? Why should we give him our son?

We need to find a way to be dealing with all this transfers, it must include the coach, the papa, mama and respected member of the family.

The flipside of letting our boys go is in the steets of Belgium and France or China or something

How the heck do you know if Amunike was there providing food for Kelechi and his family when/if they couldn't eat breakfast?

So because Amunike has played for Barcelona he is well equipped to CHOOSE who should represent Kelechi as opposed to Kelechi's parents and other family members?

It seems a number of you are quick to equate this case to prior instances when Western agents signed Nigerian players. No one has any sufficient proof that Galeano is a shady agent. My agent of choice for Kelechi if I were advising his family would have been Shittu because of how Shittu handled the Mikel case but for now Kelechi and his family chose Galeano. I don't believe we have any proof Galeano did anything particularly shady in getting a contract signed to represent Kelechi. Maybe he gave Kelechi's father some money(I'm pretty sure almost every agent going after Kelechi did/would have done that) but we don't know.

Stop putting all the agents in the basket.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

KingLoku wrote:
1naija wrote:I hope this story is false. If it's true then Amunike should be sacked from the coaching team and banned for sometime. If these coaches can't just coach they should resign and be full time agents.
Bros I totally disagree with you on this , I back Amunike on this , Nigerians with their mentalities do u guys knw the agreement or path these boys and their parents had with the coaches before all these ? .. Nigerians are knwn to be loyal and honest when they are desperate , dey fck up whenever they seems to have arrived ..
Why would a national team coach have an agreement with his player? If he wants to be an agent he should focus on behind an agent. I like Amunike and I hope the story is false, but if it's true it's disgusting behaviour.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

ugly boy wrote:This is the problem with Home based coaches...Most of them corrupt. The worst one was CCC now Keshi...Only Amodu and Siasia do with moderation
Cic, on this particular issue, I am with Amuneke . How would they follow the progress of thè boy if they don't know the agent too well. This guy is golden, the agent does not have to be Oyinbo for him to get a good contract sir. This is why some of the great players today use their family as their agents. But of course, the issue of slapping and threatening the boy na big shame for a national team Coach.

Cellular, I thot u said u are the nephew to the boy's father's Uncle...HAMMER TIME BROS :laugh:
Last edited by dhoney on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Toxicarrow wrote:

Hmmm....Irrespective of colour, agent na agent. They all look out for their best interests and gain first. The players' interests are secondary. There are players out there that have a lot of regrets working with Shittus, Churchill Olisehs, Ogunjobis and Dimeji Lawals of this world. Please stop making this the issue of white and black. All agents are out for their own gains first. They are not doing players any favour in the larger contexts of things.
How do you know the agent Mr. Galeano has no fixed address? Idiocy.

How do you know the agent Mr. Galeano doesn't have Kelechi's interests at heart? Did you have a conversation with him?

Please stop with the silliness. Just like coach no be coach, person no be person, 1 agent isn't like every other agent.
You can say most agents look out for their best interest and personal gain but please be aware there are other agents out there in EVERY SPORT including Soccer that care for their clients and put the clients best interest first.

Not every agent is the same much like not every Nigerian is the same.
Last edited by F360 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
He might not be a "crook" agent but the manner he went about pooching Kelechi shows he is acting like one.

These things never ceases to amaze me... Kelechi did not drop from the sky.

Someone has been paying for the dudes upkeep since U13 days... someone has been paying for his various trials and travels... someone has been kitting him.

The NORMAL way you go about this things if you don't have ulterior motives is to visit the boy's coach show him your credentials and your plans for the boy... ask him how do you go about securing the boys services. The coach is in the best position to evaluate your credentials as an agent... not the naive parents.

You don't go to the boys father who knows little or nothing of the business side of sports, flash him some money and some trinkets and ask him to turn over his boy to you. And then have the temerity to go to the coach afterwards to tell him you have his boy. That is shady and unprofessional... that harkens back to the slave trading, IPR thievery, manpower fleecing they used to do with Africans.

Sigh.

Please tell us about the manner he went about"pooching" Kelechi since you were privy to the conversations held between him, his Nigerian partner and Kelechi as well as Kelechi's family? Did you hear something about it that you can share with us? Let us know so we can take that into account.

Just because someone was paying for Kelechi's various trials, etc doesn't mean any potential agent MUST go through said person/coach. The only obligation for the agent trying to sign the player is to seek out the parents (and any other family members that the parent puts in charge if the parent feels unable to handle the agent recruitment process). Since you enjoy bringing up American sports and Gtown Basketball and Coach Thompson- I'll add that the coach doesn't necessarily get involved unless the parents brings the coach into the recruitment process.

The NORMAL way to go about these things(because more often than not in MOST SPORTS the coach has his own agenda regarding the agent he would prefer to have his player sign with) is to seek out the parents and go through the parents. If the parents want to include the coach in the process then they will.

How nice of you and some others to consider Kelechi's parents to be naive. Perhaps because they don't have a school certificate or any degrees that means they are naive and not smart in any capacity right? Maybe because they are not street smart or with an idea as to the games agents can run right?

There is nothing shady or unprofessional in what Galeano did. Apparently nothing Amunike did was shady or unprofessional to you but Galeano was it seems. Nothing wrong with a coach steering his player towards the coach's preferred agents yanno because coach's don't have an agenda and if so then no problem right? Good stuff.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.
As if when you have a child that is at the top of their game in whatever sport they play and is being recruited by various agents to sign with them prior to making the move to a professional league, you would let the child's coach take the lead in sorting out the agent for your son. Regardless of your experience or knowledge, that would be foolishness to give said coach all the power in that regard. Yet some of you are fine with what Amunike did.

Just brilliant.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I mean it is simply unbelievable some ppl r justifying Amunike's blatant attempt to line his pocket.

Kelechi's father allegedly gave an interview where he said Galliano is the only person allowed to represent Kelechi.

He punched the guy for coming to reap where he did not sow and not because he was leading Kelechi astray.
He clearly said Kelechi is a NOBODY......

Amunike is indefensible here. Pathetic shoddy behavior.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

F360 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
He might not be a "crook" agent but the manner he went about pooching Kelechi shows he is acting like one.

These things never ceases to amaze me... Kelechi did not drop from the sky.

Someone has been paying for the dudes upkeep since U13 days... someone has been paying for his various trials and travels... someone has been kitting him.

The NORMAL way you go about this things if you don't have ulterior motives is to visit the boy's coach show him your credentials and your plans for the boy... ask him how do you go about securing the boys services. The coach is in the best position to evaluate your credentials as an agent... not the naive parents.

You don't go to the boys father who knows little or nothing of the business side of sports, flash him some money and some trinkets and ask him to turn over his boy to you. And then have the temerity to go to the coach afterwards to tell him you have his boy. That is shady and unprofessional... that harkens back to the slave trading, IPR thievery, manpower fleecing they used to do with Africans.

Sigh.

Please tell us about the manner he went about"pooching" Kelechi since you were privy to the conversations held between him, his Nigerian partner and Kelechi as well as Kelechi's family? Did you hear something about it that you can share with us? Let us know so we can take that into account.

Just because someone was paying for Kelechi's various trials, etc doesn't mean any potential agent MUST go through said person/coach. The only obligation for the agent trying to sign the player is to seek out the parents (and any other family members that the parent puts in charge if the parent feels unable to handle the agent recruitment process). Since you enjoy bringing up American sports and Gtown Basketball and Coach Thompson- I'll add that the coach doesn't necessarily get involved unless the parents brings the coach into the recruitment process.

The NORMAL way to go about these things(because more often than not in MOST SPORTS the coach has his own agenda regarding the agent he would prefer to have his player sign with) is to seek out the parents and go through the parents. If the parents want to include the coach in the process then they will.

How nice of you and some others to consider Kelechi's parents to be naive. Perhaps because they don't have a school certificate or any degrees that means they are naive and not smart in any capacity right? Maybe because they are not street smart or with an idea as to the games agents can run right?

There is nothing shady or unprofessional in what Galeano did. Apparently nothing Amunike did was shady or unprofessional to you but Galeano was it seems. Nothing wrong with a coach steering his player towards the coach's preferred agents yanno because coach's don't have an agenda and if so then no problem right? Good stuff.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.
As if when you have a child that is at the top of their game in whatever sport they play and is being recruited by various agents to sign with them prior to making the move to a professional league, you would let the child's coach take the lead in sorting out the agent for your son. Regardless of your experience or knowledge, that would be foolishness to give said coach all the power in that regard. Yet some of you are fine with what Amunike did.

Just brilliant.
You must know Galeno personally. If you you do, you are best served to tell him we don't dash away our national treasures for mere trinkets and hot drinks.

The depths some of you go to absolve Westerners when they exploit folks based on their naïveté is mind bungling.

He knows that the BS underhanded approach will work with his parents and not with Amunike or any person who has seen or negotiated such agreements.

Please while you are it, read the reports attributed to the kid's father where they are being bombarded by agents.

As to parents handing over their kids to coaches. It is a common practice... Some parents spend so much time researching the coach and will feel comfortable trusting their wards to a coach. Most of these guys feed, nurture and take care of the kids... They invest their time and resources before the kids are anything to speak of...

And yes, I know exactly how the process works...

Ambush marketing and pooching of players is rampant in the business... Folks will rather have someone do all the work and stroll in and collect the player.

Not this time boss... Tell your boys that the natives are a lil bit wiser and will resort to violence to protect their interest.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:I mean it is simply unbelievable some ppl r justifying Amunike's blatant attempt to line his pocket.

Kelechi's father allegedly gave an interview where he said Galliano is the only person allowed to represent Kelechi.

He punched the guy for coming to reap where he did not sow and not because he was leading Kelechi astray.
He clearly said Kelechi is a NOBODY......

Amunike is indefensible here. Pathetic shoddy behavior.
Really?

Provide such an interview.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Anyway, no matter what, Amuneke had no right to put his hands on anyone...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Aareonakakanfo wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano.

A football agent, Henry Galliano, was on Monday evening assaulted by a Nigerian coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, at the Rockview Hotel, Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The assault, which happened at about 6:00 p.m. was caused by the decision of Golden Eaglets star, Kelechi Iheanacho, to choose Galliano as his agent ahead of one recommended by Amuneke.

As agent, Galliano would be responsible for arranging club transfer deals for Iheanacho, a member of the world-conquering Golden Eaglets.

Iheanacho was selected by FIFA as the best player of the just-concluded FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE. He has since been linked to top European clubs including FC Porto and Manchester City.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Iheanacho has signed an agent deal officially with Galliano with a copy of the agreement sent to the secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF. The agent also confirmed that a copy of the agreement with Iheanacho was submitted to the NFF on October 21.

In a chat with PREMIUM TIMES, Galliano and his Nigerian partner, Solomon Oluwaseun, accused Amuneke of assault; and threatened to press charges against him.

They said the coach invited them for a meeting before he got angry, saying that his (Amuneke’s chosen) agent must be the one to handle Iheanacho’s transfer.

“The coach invited us, we went to see him and he started threatening Kelechi that he should follow him to Abuja to sign with his agent who is working with a Nasiru Jubril, a staff of the NFF; or else Nasiru, the man in charge of the ITC (International Transfer Certificate), will not release kelechi’s ITC to him and they will both make sure that he is banned from Nigeria football; also he will not get a good club.

“When the agent tried to talk back, the coach slapped him and beat him up in the presence of over 25 people,” Solomon said.

In his comment, Galliano said he only came to Nigeria to take Iheanacho abroad for club engagement; and he didn’t know why the coach threatened him.

“I came here to take Kelechi to his club. FC Porto and Manchester City are interested in him but Manchester City has a better package. This was our discussion and conclusion when Mr. Amuneke sent for me, and asked me to go back to my cousin.

“He called me names, beat me up and embarrassed me, he said it’s impossible to just take his players,” Galliano said while accusing Amuneke of racial statements.

Galliano, an American, said Amuneke ordered Iheanacho to follow him to Abuja and also threatened him; which made the boy to burst into tears and went away.

“Kelechi is nowhere to be found, he started crying after the threat made against him, the small boy is afraid and I hope he will not lose hope.

“Amuneke said he will delay his ITC and deal with him, he called vulgar words, cursing the boys and the players,” he said.

PREMIUM TIMES tried to speak to Iheanacho, but his phone was switched off. His father, when contacted, declined comment.

Amuneke, a Nations Cup winner in 1994 with the Super Eagles, and current assistant coach of the Golden Eaglets, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that he assaulted the American.

When contacted on phone, an angry Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano. He threatened to beat him up again whenever he sees him.

He, however, denied being involved in the player’s possible transfer.

“Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.

“He is an angel*, useless white man, he wants to come and reap where he didn’t sow.

“Kelechi is a nobody; yes, I said we helped him into the team, made him, moulded him into what he is today, he shouldn’t allow anybody to fool him,” the former winger said.

When asked the reason for his action and his rumoured roles in Kelechi and other players transfer business, Amuneke said, “I care so much for my players, I am a coach.”

“I’m not an agent but I just look out for the boys. He wants to come and sign a player just like that, he’s an angel*, I will not allow him.

“Because the boy’s parents are poor and illiterate, he wants to use them. We are Nigerians and we’re not foolish,” he added.

Despite Amuneke’s denial, the shady involvement of Nigerian coaches and football officials in the transfer of players to foreign clubs is something muted and known by close observers of Nigerian football.

A football website, Goal.com, recently revealed that Super Eagles midfielder, Sunday Mba’s move to a French club, was scuttled because of the financial demands and involvement of Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, and some officials of the NFF. Mba had been unveiled by the French club, Bastia, before he was forced to return to Nigeria.

The NFF also recently suspended a former Secretary General of the Federation, Taiwo Ogunjobi, over the latter’s alleged involvement in the transfer of a Flying Eagles forward, Olanrewaju Kayode

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/149910-e ... nsfer.html
Iheanacho had better be careful with these European vultures. Don't know the facts, but I am almost inclined to side with Amuneke here. After all, they are the ones that found these boys and nurtured them to where they are. Nothing wrong looking out for the kids at that level as long as the intent is genuine.
Yes they nurtured him, but if he was not good enough, he would have been dumped like many other youths. This is the crux of the issue, the ulterior motives of coaches in squad selections. Selection is often not based on talent, but on financial gain. In this case, Amunike recommends an agent and Kelechi and his folks chose a better agent that could guarantee him a better deal, I advise him to go for it. There are quite a few agents that can not arrange for our players sound deals and they end up in backwater leagues in Europe. Simply ridiculous!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

AllNigeriaSoccer ‏@Editor_ANS 14 Nov
Furthermore, James Iheanacho advised journalists to crosscheck their facts and says Henry Galeano is the bonafide agent of his son,Kelechi.

Retweet

Favorite

More

Expand

Kelechi's Father to Sporting Life :'It is pure lies that I gave mandate to seven agents. I did not speak with any Nigerian journalist.'

Retweet

Favorite

More
Expand

James Iheanacho has rubbished reports in Nigeria that claimed he placed a €1m bounty on his son Kelechi (@ChrisOguguo & Hot FM)

Retweet

Favorite

More

KEY WORD HERE IS ALLEGEDLY
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

F360 wrote:
Prince wrote:
Cellular wrote:
oloye wrote:
Baba Oloye,

Someone most definitely has been double crossed. And they are now using the media to try to change the story. Even in the Mikel saga, they tried all manner of tactics to get a hold of Mikel. There was nothing they didn't call Shittu... forgetting nobe today Shittu was involved with Mikel.

We should not encourage people circumventing or reneging on an agreement.
Especially one that has looked after you over the years......where was he when Kelechi could not eat breakfast.......Amuneke has played for Barcelona who has this guy represented? Why should we give him our son?

We need to find a way to be dealing with all this transfers, it must include the coach, the papa, mama and respected member of the family.

The flipside of letting our boys go is in the steets of Belgium and France or China or something

So because Amunike has played for Barcelona he is well equipped to CHOOSE who should represent Kelechi as opposed to Kelechi's parents and other family members?
Some people have no qualms exploiting the poor and illiterate.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

This is what I'm getting from Cellular, it's okay for Amuneke to exploit the players but not okay for the whites to do it. Now this is mind blowing!!

I mean how can anyone condone Amuneke's threat to destroy the kid? This is absurd!!

***Breda = Br****
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Kelechi's Father to Sporting Life :'It is pure lies that I gave mandate to seven agents. I did not speak with any Nigerian journalist.'
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...