AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by Ugbowo »

Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano.

A football agent, Henry Galliano, was on Monday evening assaulted by a Nigerian coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, at the Rockview Hotel, Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The assault, which happened at about 6:00 p.m. was caused by the decision of Golden Eaglets star, Kelechi Iheanacho, to choose Galliano as his agent ahead of one recommended by Amuneke.

As agent, Galliano would be responsible for arranging club transfer deals for Iheanacho, a member of the world-conquering Golden Eaglets.

Iheanacho was selected by FIFA as the best player of the just-concluded FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE. He has since been linked to top European clubs including FC Porto and Manchester City.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Iheanacho has signed an agent deal officially with Galliano with a copy of the agreement sent to the secretariat of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF. The agent also confirmed that a copy of the agreement with Iheanacho was submitted to the NFF on October 21.

In a chat with PREMIUM TIMES, Galliano and his Nigerian partner, Solomon Oluwaseun, accused Amuneke of assault; and threatened to press charges against him.

They said the coach invited them for a meeting before he got angry, saying that his (Amuneke’s chosen) agent must be the one to handle Iheanacho’s transfer.

“The coach invited us, we went to see him and he started threatening Kelechi that he should follow him to Abuja to sign with his agent who is working with a Nasiru Jubril, a staff of the NFF; or else Nasiru, the man in charge of the ITC (International Transfer Certificate), will not release kelechi’s ITC to him and they will both make sure that he is banned from Nigeria football; also he will not get a good club.

“When the agent tried to talk back, the coach slapped him and beat him up in the presence of over 25 people,” Solomon said.

In his comment, Galliano said he only came to Nigeria to take Iheanacho abroad for club engagement; and he didn’t know why the coach threatened him.

“I came here to take Kelechi to his club. FC Porto and Manchester City are interested in him but Manchester City has a better package. This was our discussion and conclusion when Mr. Amuneke sent for me, and asked me to go back to my cousin.

“He called me names, beat me up and embarrassed me, he said it’s impossible to just take his players,” Galliano said while accusing Amuneke of racial statements.

Galliano, an American, said Amuneke ordered Iheanacho to follow him to Abuja and also threatened him; which made the boy to burst into tears and went away.

“Kelechi is nowhere to be found, he started crying after the threat made against him, the small boy is afraid and I hope he will not lose hope.

“Amuneke said he will delay his ITC and deal with him, he called vulgar words, cursing the boys and the players,” he said.

PREMIUM TIMES tried to speak to Iheanacho, but his phone was switched off. His father, when contacted, declined comment.

Amuneke, a Nations Cup winner in 1994 with the Super Eagles, and current assistant coach of the Golden Eaglets, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that he assaulted the American.

When contacted on phone, an angry Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano. He threatened to beat him up again whenever he sees him.

He, however, denied being involved in the player’s possible transfer.

“Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.

“He is an angel*, useless white man, he wants to come and reap where he didn’t sow.

“Kelechi is a nobody; yes, I said we helped him into the team, made him, moulded him into what he is today, he shouldn’t allow anybody to fool him,” the former winger said.

When asked the reason for his action and his rumoured roles in Kelechi and other players transfer business, Amuneke said, “I care so much for my players, I am a coach.”

“I’m not an agent but I just look out for the boys. He wants to come and sign a player just like that, he’s an angel*, I will not allow him.

“Because the boy’s parents are poor and illiterate, he wants to use them. We are Nigerians and we’re not foolish,” he added.

Despite Amuneke’s denial, the shady involvement of Nigerian coaches and football officials in the transfer of players to foreign clubs is something muted and known by close observers of Nigerian football.

A football website, Goal.com, recently revealed that Super Eagles midfielder, Sunday Mba’s move to a French club, was scuttled because of the financial demands and involvement of Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, and some officials of the NFF. Mba had been unveiled by the French club, Bastia, before he was forced to return to Nigeria.

The NFF also recently suspended a former Secretary General of the Federation, Taiwo Ogunjobi, over the latter’s alleged involvement in the transfer of a Flying Eagles forward, Olanrewaju Kayode

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/149910-e ... nsfer.html
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by metalalloy »

When contacted on phone, an angry Amuneke confirmed that he slapped Galliano. He threatened to beat him up again whenever he sees him.

He, however, denied being involved in the player’s possible transfer.

Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.
Oh Boy.. Emma be careful oh...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I really hope this is JJ. Otherwise it would be very sad indeed.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

“Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.

“He is an angel*, useless white man, he wants to come and reap where he didn’t sow.

“Kelechi is a nobody; yes, I said we helped him into the team, made him, moulded him into what he is today, he shouldn’t allow anybody to fool him,” the former winger said.

When asked the reason for his action and his rumoured roles in Kelechi and other players transfer business, Amuneke said, “I care so much for my players, I am a coach.”

“I’m not an agent but I just look out for the boys. He wants to come and sign a player just like that, he’s an angel*, I will not allow him.

“Because the boy’s parents are poor and illiterate, he wants to use them. We are Nigerians and we’re not foolish,” he added.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E don start...

Vultures with access to the media...

Monkey don work finish, Baboon come balance wan collect.

It's not a new phenomenon... Gorilla ambush.

But they have met a man who has seen all of their tactics before... bring cash in front of the boys parents, tell them "forget about prior commitment, we can handle them..."

Come with a straight face to hijack a player and think you will be dealing with the same docile natives who sold folks for trinkets and a bottle of gin.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNEKE APPOINTED AS NEW U-17 HEAD COACH

Post by JACKAL »

Nigerian coaches cant seem to separate their roles from that of agents... There job is to coach these kids, not own them or control their careers...
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Well done Amuneke,

Those guys are vultures, I am glad he standing up for the boys
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

This is the problem with Home based coaches...Most of them corrupt. The worst one was CCC now Keshi...Only Amodu and Siasia do with moderation
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

bushboy wrote:I really hope this is JJ. Otherwise it would be very sad indeed.
On the contrary...

I hope it is true!

Look at our previous U17 bright stars and where they ended up. It is the same tactics...

These vultures come in after all the work is done only looking for the quick buck. They don't give a Ratz Azz about the player's future. They pooch you and sell you off for a commission.

These players must be placed in the right situation.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Prince wrote:Well done Amuneke,

This is what you call standing up for the boys?

He is standing up FOR HIMSELF and threatening the kid in the process.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNEKE APPOINTED AS NEW U-17 HEAD COACH

Post by Prince »

Solowe wrote:Nigerian coaches cant seem to separate their roles from that of agents... There job is to coach these kids, not own them or control their careers...
They have responsiblities for this kids, its part of their jobs, when those boys are roaming the streets of Belgium or France begging for food, the agents wont be around.

Not only the coaches everybody should try and protect our boys.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ugly boy wrote:This is the problem with Home based coaches...Most of them corrupt. The worst one was CCC now Keshi...Only Amodu and Siasia do with moderation
Did you bother to read the article or your auto selfloathing induced responses just kick in?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Cellular wrote:
ugly boy wrote:This is the problem with Home based coaches...Most of them corrupt. The worst one was CCC now Keshi...Only Amodu and Siasia do with moderation
Did you bother to read the article or your auto selfloathing induced responses just kick in?
Didn't need to ...I'm tired of corruption in all facets from football to government ...you can keep your blinders on
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:

Not surprised you didn't read what he said. He is standing up for the boy... He knows these agents and what they stand for...

The same way some of you were busy castigating Mikel's agent, Shittu who refused to have folks hijack Mikel and have him sold off for peanuts.

Amuneke will be doing the boy and his parents and by extension Naijaria a disservice if he allows the boy to be pooched like that. It is not only in Naijaria that you have these vultures preying on the naive and weak minded.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Ugbowo wrote:

There is a big difference between Amuneke and the agent, He might be an agent but I feel the boys interest is best served with someone like Amuneke,

When John Shittu was sending money to Obis Father from Norway to South Africa to England the so called agents had dissappeared.

If Amuneke sells the boy and it doesnt work out he would still care for the boy, this agents would abandon them in the streets of Belgium and France.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cellular what happened to you? I just saw your post
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ugly boy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Didn't need to ...I'm tired of corruption in all facets from football to government ...you can keep your blinders on
Bros, you are the one who needs to break your placenta and understand how the world works. You think these folks are in Owerri for altruistic reasons? They know the power of raw cash... present raw cash to the boy parents and think you can cart off a national treasure just like that?

Are you for real?

In all your years in the West, is it how it is done?

Again, I will reference John Thompson II on why he plays a critical rule in choosing agents for his players, "I know the game, I know those who are in it for the quick bucks, I know the folks who you are only as good to them as long as you can sling the rock...but I want my players to go with an agent whose fortunes are tied to my players going to the best situation for them not for their agency..."
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Prince wrote:Cellular what happened to you? I just saw your post
Princess, my prayers for you and sacrifices are being answered.

BTW, why you no go stadium yesterday? You no get time to leave your wheel barrow come watch game even after Babafad told you he will cover you as usual? :taunt: :taunt: :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Cellular,

I respectfully disagree. At the end of the day, Amunike CANNOT tell the boy or his father who to sign with. IT IS NOT DONE!

You may think it is a bad idea for him but allow the boy and his family to make their own decisions. How can u threaten to hold his ITC? Who are you? Are you the head of his academy? His uncle? His agent? You are nothing but his effin coach. Give the boy your best ADVICE then let him and his family decide.

This is nonsense.

The poor Kelechi was crying!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...moderation and extreme what's the difference? A thief na thief :roll:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Look at Amunike clearly giving himself credit for the boy. Basically saying he wants him to work with someone where he can get his cut from him. How can u not see nothing wrong with this????

This same AMunike that was sanctioned by FIFA by singing for 2 clubs.

I laugh if you think this is about Kelechi. This is all about Emma missing out on a windfall.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Ugbowo wrote:Cellular,

I respectfully disagree. At the end of the day, Amunike CANNOT tell the boy or his father who to sign with. IT IS NOT DONE!

You may think it is a bad idea for him but allow the boy and his family to make their own decisions. How can u threaten to hold his ITC? Who are you? Are you the head of his academy? His uncle? His agent? You are nothing but his effin coach. Give the boy your best ADVICE then let him and his family decide.

This is nonsense.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Are players under 18 allowed to sign with agents going by fifa statutes? I thought it's the parents that signs at this stage, until they are 18.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:Cellular,

This is nonsense.

Oga Ugbowo,

I totally disagree with you. Sorry, being a coach is more than just coaching them how to play the game. The most important part of being a coach is teaching them about life and about the BAD people who suddenly show up to take advantage of their naiveté...

Amuneke is in the best position to assess how genuine these "agents" are.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...