Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 8348
Quote:
Former Chelsea youth team player Emmanuel Sarki has revealed ‎captain of the senior national team of Nigeria John Obi Mikel wasn’t fairly treated by manager Antonio Conte.

According to Sarki the treatment star forward Diego Costa is currently getting from the manager is nothing close to what former Chelsea ace Mikel suffered in the hands of the Italian coach.

Costa ‎is currently banished from the first team of the Premier League champions after a bust up with Conte last season, which lead to the manager sending him a message during the off season that his services is no longer needed at the club.

According to Sarki who was on the books of Chelsea until 2009, Mikel faced worst under Conte but the gentleman nature of the Tiajin Teda star helped calm what would have been similar to the Costa’s issues.

” I was told how Conte treated Mikel after his decision to represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympic. He was granted permission to go by Conte under one condition, which was you might not get a look in upon your return”, Sarki told Owngoalnigeria.com


http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/08/15/ex ... but-mikel/

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 8348
I remember Mikel not playing even in FA cup and Carling Cup games... I was surprised he never spoke up even after leaving. 10+ years in Chelsea and a farewell as unceremonious as that. The truth is that Conte's man management is the reason why many players currently have a threadbare squad. Not surprised players like Matic, Chalobah, RLC and Zouma insisted on leaving, the only players who can stand him are those playing regularly.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73198
Location: Earth
when i told yall about this, dem yab me...17 players let go since he became manager , costa is number 18 on the book

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 12550
JJ.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o


"I will take Trump over Clinton. But I am in the minority." - Cellular, Jul 19, 2016.
"Cellular does not follow these things closely - he rarely does the dirty work of facts checking." - Catalyst, Feb 12, 2014.
---
© The YeyeMan 2017
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3927
Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73198
Location: Earth
danfo driver wrote:
Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude why do you always talk like this, can't you yab without being so vulgar? not cool

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3927
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude why do you always talk like this, can't you yab without being so vulgar? not cool


I see you are jealous. I am sure Mikel4wife will allow you put your fat mouth too. :woot:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29500
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude why do you always talk like this, can't you yab without being so vulgar? not cool


I see you are jealous. I am sure Mikel4wife will allow you put your fat mouth too. :woot:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73198
Location: Earth
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Where is cocksu.cker, Mikel4 Wife! No wonder you were bleating like a hapless goat yesterday! Your legend humiliated your husband! how market? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude why do you always talk like this, can't you yab without being so vulgar? not cool


I see you are jealous. I am sure Mikel4wife will allow you put your fat mouth too. :woot:

if you like keep talking, posting, giggling with such language etc.. that nah your own business . I am just saying it's outplayed.. people have posted like these way way way way in the past.. so you doing this is pretty boring ..but hey whatever tickles your fancy carry on

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am
Posts: 1274
Mikel was let go because his services were no longer needed. Conte likes box to box defensive midfielders.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 3101
kali wrote:
Mikel was let go because his services were no longer needed. Conte likes box to box defensive midfielders.


To be fair, Conte never gave Mikel a chance to contribute. He did have an excess of DM talent in Matic and Conte so I can understand why, but there were some games where clearly JMO could have contibuted but never got a look.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11581
Location: Here
Where is the mistreatment?

Coach told Mikel, "I would rather you not go to the amateur tournament."
Mikel went anyway, missed pre-season and had to take time off to recover for the new season.

By the time he came back, the team was just starting to stabilize but still had problems.

After a few weeks, the whole team found a groove and rode it to the end.

There was no way any sane coach was going to potentially destabilize that team by bringing Mikel into the mix.

Now, if Chelsea had continued to struggle, then Mikel would have had a look in.

At least Mikel got his Olympics experience. Imagine if he had rebuffed his country (he had good reason to do so too) and the same thing happened to him.

_________________
"Our semi-final victory against Nigeria (won 2-1) in the 1978 AFCON tournament in Kumasi is one of the best games I will remember for the rest of my life.
I remember very well every minute of that game where Phillip Omondi and Godfrey Kisitu scored and I was in the goal posts." -Paul Ssali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 8348
Kabalega wrote:
Where is the mistreatment?

Coach told Mikel, "I would rather you not go to the amateur tournament."
Mikel went anyway, missed pre-season and had to take time off to recover for the new season.

By the time he came back, the team was just starting to stabilize but still had problems.

After a few weeks, the whole team found a groove and rode it to the end.

There was no way any sane coach was going to potentially destabilize that team by bringing Mikel into the mix.

Now, if Chelsea had continued to struggle, then Mikel would have had a look in.

At least Mikel got his Olympics experience. Imagine if he had rebuffed his country (he had good reason to do so too) and the same thing happened to him.


There is trying to find a groove and there's deliberate mistreatment. Mikel never made the bench for league games, carling cup games or FA cup games. These were games where Conte allowed youth players and fringe players to stay active and possibly impress. Like I said... Conte is paying the price now. Where are Solanke, RLC, Zouma, Aina, Matic, Ivanovic, Ake, Tammy, Traore, Begovic, Costa? All decided to leave rather than work with him.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Last edited by niyi on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 73198
Location: Earth
17 players gone

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 5845
Naija man knows which side his bread is buttered

_________________
Boycott Russia 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 11581
Location: Here
niyi wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Where is the mistreatment?

Coach told Mikel, "I would rather you not go to the amateur tournament."
Mikel went anyway, missed pre-season and had to take time off to recover for the new season.

By the time he came back, the team was just starting to stabilize but still had problems.

After a few weeks, the whole team found a groove and rode it to the end.

There was no way any sane coach was going to potentially destabilize that team by bringing Mikel into the mix.

Now, if Chelsea had continued to struggle, then Mikel would have had a look in.

At least Mikel got his Olympics experience. Imagine if he had rebuffed his country (he had good reason to do so too) and the same thing happened to him.


There is trying to find a groove and there's deliberate mistreatment. Mikel never made the bench for league games, carling cup games or FA cup games. These were games where Conte allowed youth players and fringe players to stay active and possibly impress. Like I said... Conte is paying the price now. Where are Solanke, RLC, Zouma, Aina, Matic, Ivanovic, Ake, Tammy, Traore, Begovic, Costa? All decided to leave rather than work with him.

You have a point about Mikel not even making it to his throne on the bench. :)
That was cruel on Conte's part.

As for the exits, what's new? It is the Chelsea way. :D
Under Mourinho, the club lost better talent before them.

Remember Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Petr Cech, Filipe Luis, Andre Schurrle, David Luis and dare I mention Ryan Bertrand? :shock: :shock:

_________________
"Our semi-final victory against Nigeria (won 2-1) in the 1978 AFCON tournament in Kumasi is one of the best games I will remember for the rest of my life.
I remember very well every minute of that game where Phillip Omondi and Godfrey Kisitu scored and I was in the goal posts." -Paul Ssali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40776
Location: Akoko Highlands
Kabalega wrote:
niyi wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Where is the mistreatment?

Coach told Mikel, "I would rather you not go to the amateur tournament."
Mikel went anyway, missed pre-season and had to take time off to recover for the new season.

By the time he came back, the team was just starting to stabilize but still had problems.

After a few weeks, the whole team found a groove and rode it to the end.

There was no way any sane coach was going to potentially destabilize that team by bringing Mikel into the mix.

Now, if Chelsea had continued to struggle, then Mikel would have had a look in.

At least Mikel got his Olympics experience. Imagine if he had rebuffed his country (he had good reason to do so too) and the same thing happened to him.


There is trying to find a groove and there's deliberate mistreatment. Mikel never made the bench for league games, carling cup games or FA cup games. These were games where Conte allowed youth players and fringe players to stay active and possibly impress. Like I said... Conte is paying the price now. Where are Solanke, RLC, Zouma, Aina, Matic, Ivanovic, Ake, Tammy, Traore, Begovic, Costa? All decided to leave rather than work with him.

You have a point about Mikel not even making it to his throne on the bench. :)
That was cruel on Conte's part.

As for the exits, what's new? It is the Chelsea way. :D
Under Mourinho, the club lost better talent before them.

Remember Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne, Juan Mata, Petr Cech, Filipe Luis, Andre Schurrle, David Luis and dare I mention Ryan Bertrand? :shock: :shock:



The team could use those at this point.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, Bing [Bot], fabio, FATHER TIKO, Google [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group