Women's World Cup 2023: Herve Renard to take over as France coach

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The FFF announced Corinne Diacre's sacking earlier this month, saying the conflict between her and the players was "irreversible"

Herve Renard has resigned as head coach of Saudi Arabia's men's team and is set to lead France at the Women's World Cup this summer.

The Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) said on Tuesday that Renard, 54, requested his contract be terminated.

He will replace Corinne Diacre, who was sacked after several key players said they would no longer represent their country under her leadership.

The Women's World Cup will take place from 20 July to 20 August.

"[Renard] has an offer from the French Federation and expressed his desire to take this opportunity," SAFF president Yasser Al-Misehal told Saudi Sports Channel.

"We were informed four days before the current international window and I received a letter from the French Federation, and consulted with the board of directors and we decided to accept this request."

The Frenchman took charge of Saudi Arabia in July 2019 and guided them to their second successive World Cup finals, where they shocked eventual champions Argentina with a 2-1 win in Qatar last year.

After a friendly loss to Bolivia on Tuesday, Renard - who has never managed a women's team - told reporters: "I would like to thank everybody in Saudi for their support during almost four years.

"I think I did the maximum with the team. I can't reach another level so I prefer to be honest with everybody. Thank you again, it was a fantastic time."

Renard has won the Africa Cup of Nations as head coach with both Zambia and Ivory Coast - the first person to lead different countries to the AFCON title.

France, who are ranked fifth in the world, are seeking to win their first World Cup this summer and the French Football Federation will hope the players who boycotted playing for the national team under Diacre will make a return.

Wendie Renard, Kadidiatou Diani and Marie-Antoinette Katoto criticised the French "system" as they stepped back from international duty.

Ex-captain Renard said she was taking a step back from the team "to preserve [her] mental health" and Diani claimed the "management" of the team was the reason behind her decision.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65113796
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Women's World Cup 2023: Herve Renard to take over as France coach

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Those women will not be safe around Renard :sneaky:

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 pm Those women will not be safe around Renard :sneaky:

Women being the operative word :sneaky: A lot of people playing women's soccer don't look very female :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Comrade Machel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:00 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 pm Those women will not be safe around Renard :sneaky:

Women being the operative word :sneaky: A lot of people playing women's soccer don't look very female :rotf:
this isn't the 80s man, plenty of super models on the pitch these days.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Alisha Lehman :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Tbite better prepare a room for me in Brisbane.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Renard has made history: he is the first coach to win matches at both the men's and women's World Cups.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Comrade Machel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:15 pm
King Futcha wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Alisha Lehman :thumbs:
I don’t get the hype. Is it the bum or something? Lots of players have better. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu