THE METACOGNITION OF THE BIG BOSS...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

yannick
Egg
Egg
THE METACOGNITION OF THE BIG BOSS...

Post by yannick »

He sure knows the cabals that run our football better than we imagined...

Keshi says he won't be shocked to be axed for World Cup
http://www.mtnfootball.com/internationa ... d-cup.html

By MTNFootball.com
Saturday Nov 23, 18:13 +0200
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has said he will not be shocked were he not to lead the Super Eagles to next year’s World Cup after he qualified them.

“Yes, it has happened before in 2002. So I can never be bothered about that. In Nigeria, anything is possible. I’m not even worried about that,” he said in an interview with Sporting Life.

Keshi was assistant to Shuaibu Amodu when they qualified Nigeria to the 2002 World Cup, but they were sacked for Adegboye Onigbinde to lead the Eagles to Korea and Japan.

He was also not in charge of Togo even after he qualified them to an historic 2006 World Cup in Germany.

The Eagles coach also disclosed that skipper Joseph Yobo has regretted that he was used against him.

Yobo has been frozen out of the Super Eagles since the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa in February.

And Keshi has now finally suggested that the decision to keep out to Fenerbache star defender was not for footballing reason.

“I thought he was smart and that was why I made him my captain. He just allowed himself to be used by some persons and the media,” Keshi said in an interview with Sporting Life.

“Now he’s showing his regrets that he had allowed himself to be used.”

However, the Eagles restated his promise that the former Everton star will reach his 100th cap soon.

“He’ll of course get his 100th cap, but he has to be in good health.”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THE METACOGNITION OF THE BIG BOSS...

Post by vancity eagle »

If the sacking of Keshi means that players like Lukman, Odemwingie, Aluko, Azeez, Balogun, Joel, Taiwo, Olaitan, Uche, will return to the team, then I will be all for it. SE is bigger than anyone, including Keshi himself. If he plans to go to Brazil to market junk like he did earlier, then I fully support his sacking. However if he is serious about chosing players on "merit" LOL, then I will support him.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

yannick wrote:He sure knows the cabals that run our football better than we imagined...

Keshi says he won't be shocked to be axed for World Cup
http://www.mtnfootball.com/internationa ... d-cup.html

By MTNFootball.com
Saturday Nov 23, 18:13 +0200
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has said he will not be shocked were he not to lead the Super Eagles to next year’s World Cup after he qualified them.

“Yes, it has happened before in 2002. So I can never be bothered about that. In Nigeria, anything is possible. I’m not even worried about that,” he said in an interview with Sporting Life.

Keshi was assistant to Shuaibu Amodu when they qualified Nigeria to the 2002 World Cup, but they were sacked for Adegboye Onigbinde to lead the Eagles to Korea and Japan.

He was also not in charge of Togo even after he qualified them to an historic 2006 World Cup in Germany.

The Eagles coach also disclosed that skipper Joseph Yobo has regretted that he was used against him.

Yobo has been frozen out of the Super Eagles since the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa in February.

And Keshi has now finally suggested that the decision to keep out to Fenerbache star defender was not for footballing reason.

“I thought he was smart and that was why I made him my captain. He just allowed himself to be used by some persons and the media,” Keshi said in an interview with Sporting Life.

“Now he’s showing his regrets that he had allowed himself to be used.”

However, the Eagles restated his promise that the former Everton star will reach his 100th cap soon.

“He’ll of course get his 100th cap, but he has to be in good health.”
98, 2002 and 2010.

It will be a lot harder this time around for them to pull the same stunt...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

vancity eagle wrote:If the sacking of Keshi means that players like Lukman, Odemwingie, Aluko, Azeez, Balogun, Joel, Taiwo, Olaitan, Uche, will return to the team, then I will be all for it. SE is bigger than anyone, including Keshi himself. If he plans to go to Brazil to market junk like he did earlier, then I fully support his sacking. However if he is serious about chosing players on "merit" LOL, then I will support him.

When will you learn to either shut up or, as a stretch goal, speak intelligently on this matter. Keshi against all odds and against all your prognosis has continually been getting his job done. At some point a wise man will either give him kudos or maintain silence till an opportune time. A foolish man on the other hand will... well you know too well what that man will do.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Keshi is unsackable excuse my English please. Yoruba will say kukute omi ra, eni ba mi kukute ara e lomi. (Pillar is unmovable, whoever try to move a pillar is just shaking him/herself. This one in not going to happen.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

Odems cant join the team period, because he is going to cause confusion with his twitter outbursts.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

tunde72 wrote: Keshi is unsackable excuse my English please. Yoruba will say kukute omi ra, eni ba mi kukute ara e lomi. (Pillar is unmovable, whoever try to move a pillar is just shaking him/herself. This one in not going to happen.

Kpom!!!..............'cos that will mean the 'beheading' :mrgreen: of the whole NFF crooks.
When Oga patapata :thumbs: says something, everyone falls in-line including the NFF crooks :curse:
..............................good thing that Oga patapata has already 'decreed' ....
THIS :thumbs: :clap: :clap: who wan try Oga :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have my full support, Jonathan tells Keshi
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/you- ... lls-keshi/

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Keshi ain't going nowhere.......... He will lead us to the WC whether
or not Lukman, Osaze et al make the team......

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:

98, 2002 and 2010. It will be a lot harder this time around for them to pull the same stunt...
Yeah, only if we have learned our lesson(s), but as you know, we never learn
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If Keshi is sacked...there is no way on earth I will support Nigeria.

In fact I will pray fervently that we lose all our matches handsomely
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

same way you choose not to support nigeria if keshi is fired, some will also not support nigeria if keshi is still coaching us, my thing is that he should call up his best players
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Keshi just dey play mind game !!! Warrahell .. Anyway gudluck .. I will not like him to be sacked ... I doubt it .. He just dey play mind game .. Tryna secure his job ,. :rotf: ogbologbo :rotf:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tbite wrote:If Keshi is sacked...there is no way on earth I will support Nigeria.

So what will you say of those who will not support Nigeria and pray against them if Keshi takes the likes of Oduamadi, Mba, Dike, Ejike, Gambo, Francis, Okuwosa to Brazil ?
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tbite wrote:If Keshi is sacked...there is no way on earth I will support Nigeria.

So what will you say of those who will not support Nigeria and pray against them if Keshi takes the likes of Oduamadi, Mba, Dike, Ejike, Gambo, Francis, Okuwosa to Brazil ?
They should not let the door hit them on the way out.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

vancity eagle wrote:If the sacking of Keshi means that players like Lukman, Odemwingie, Aluko, Azeez, Balogun, Joel, Taiwo, Olaitan, Uche, will return to the team, then I will be all for it. SE is bigger than anyone, including Keshi himself. If he plans to go to Brazil to market junk like he did earlier, then I fully support his sacking. However if he is serious about chosing players on "merit" LOL, then I will support him.
Lukman--Odeweinge--Uche--Taiwo--4 yrs ago-4 yrs Younger--Did Absolutely Nothing at the WC\3 ANC--NOTHING...

Aluko--Keshi knows the player--Trained with Him and saw some minutes in a match--WHAT GIVES DAWG!

Azeez--Common Now, I saw Him Today against RM--WON'T TOUCH HIM FOR NOW..

Joel Obi--A Talent--No Question but I won't touch him until he Play 2- FULL 90 MINUTES in a Row..

Balogun-- Have You Ever seen him--I doubt it.. Not an Upgrade to Payers whom have played International Matches..(NOT)

You comes hear Daily and Screamed hoping the World would Listen to Your Hubris--But Unfortunately, Just Screamng on WWW.

Keshi has Proven to be the Best Coach we've Had in a very long time--Period..If You doubt this, I challenge you to Name--Names of

other Nigerian Coaches whom have done better than this Current Coaches----WAITING

HOPE YOU GET THIS BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT YOU WILL EVER-EVER GET THIS

IN OUR CASE, NAMES AIN'T WINNING US ANYTHING--BEEN THERE--DONE THAT.. FAILURES MATRIX..

What Keshi is doing, SO FAR WORKING FOR US...
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Lets give it to the Big Boss - he has made the SE a team to want to play for, NOT a team looking for players. Consequently, I see a recall of Yobo, Osaze, TT, Uche as opportunity for them to relaunch whatever remains of their career at next WC 2014. Doubt if ANY of them will be in contention by 2018. They therefore need the SE more than the team does.
However, if anyone in the technical crew is dreaming of marketing any of the following players - Oduamadi, Mba, Dike, Ejike, Okuwosa, Nwafor and Ogu he should realise they are all past market selling interest.
The manner agents have been swarming around our younger under 17 Eaglets indicate where the focus is presently.
So big boss, its either you go with an experienced and balanced squad that can shake the world (I believe we have the squad to do this) or embark on a marketing jamboree with less than average by internatonal standards, players.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS