Guys...Tunisia may win the rights to host the WC 2010...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mister dolly
Guys...Tunisia may win the rights to host the WC 2010...

Post by mister dolly »

...IMHO.

I am watching some clips of their WC bid on Al Jazeera TV and clips of their preparedness for the 2004 ANC.

Man, this country rivals any European country out there for facilities..the country is beautiful, the facilities look first class, and if they can have a successful and problem free ANC hosting, I don't see why FIFA will not grant them the rights..

Chei...Africa pass Africa o....I can't wait to get their on Feb 3rd... :P
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

mister dolly,
I have never considered Tunisia to be part of Africa, for real! I guess they miss becoming an european nation by a bit! :mrgreen:
Even in the last event they hosted in 94, that El-menzah stadium was one of the best stadia then in Africa and now they have added Rades which almost looked like our own Abuja stadium or may be better and they are also planning on building more.....I pray God help them because south African are mostly gangstars that go to their stadium! Moreover, probably we might get to win our 1st WC because Tunisia has been a very favourable geen grass (as Robby will say) for the Super Eagles :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
darkviper
Egg
Egg

Post by darkviper »

:P This is ideal enviroment for our boys to go one better this year & win. & besides this is a lucky COUNTRY with regards to the Super Eagles....of NIGERIA.... so put your sun glases on, sit back and enjoy....Nigeria"s Tunisia :wink:
every action has a reaction
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

darkviper wrote::P This is ideal enviroment for our boys to go one better this year & win. & besides this is a lucky COUNTRY with regards to the Super Eagles....of NIGERIA.... so put your sun glases on, sit back and enjoy....Nigeria"s Tunisia :wink:
IF NIGERIA WINS THIS NATIONS CUP IN TUNISIA AGAIN, (WHICH WE WILL SURE DO) I WILL PRAY FOR TUNISIA TO WIN THE HOSTING RIGHT FOR THE 2010 WC, MEANING NIGERIA SUPER EAGLES SHOULD BE READY TO WIN A TRIPPLE THERE IN 2010.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

i dont know if it just me, but i think the south Africans and Egyptians have an edge
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

ikwerreman wrote:i dont know if it just me, but i think the south Africans and Egyptians have an edge

Egypt :?: Abeg, with all their thugs that showed their face when Eyimba won the ACL. Please if FIFA is in their right state of mind. Egypt should not be given the right to host the world.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Lets wait and see SA bid first.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Guys...Tunisia may win the rights to host the WC 2010...

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

mister dolly wrote:...IMHO.

I am watching some clips of their WC bid on Al Jazeera TV and clips of their preparedness for the 2004 ANC.

Man, this country rivals any European country out there for facilities..the country is beautiful, the facilities look first class, and if they can have a successful and problem free ANC hosting, I don't see why FIFA will not grant them the rights..

My problem with the North African countries MD is that they are only African when it suits them. They identify more with the middle East than they have ever done with Africa.

As for the WC i feel its SA's to loose. They have hosted the ANC, AAG, rugby WC, cricket WC and have therefore proved they can stage such events. There "crime" problems are exaggerated and they never affected the previous events they held.
I would not consider a WC in Tunisia, Morocco or Egypt as a truly African WC.
As you have already guessed I am 100% behind the SA bid.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
mister dolly
Re: Guys...Tunisia may win the rights to host the WC 2010...

Post by mister dolly »

Tinaye wrote:
mister dolly wrote:...IMHO.

My problem with the North African countries MD is that they are only African when it suits them. They identify more with the middle East than they have ever done with Africa.

As for the WC i feel its SA's to loose. They have hosted the ANC, AAG, rugby WC, cricket WC and have therefore proved they can stage such events. There "crime" problems are exaggerated and they never affected the previous events they held.
I would not consider a WC in Tunisia, Morocco or Egypt as a truly African WC.
As you have already guessed I am 100% behind the SA bid.
Tinaye I hear you...but the question you have to ask yourself is where would the European teams prefer to play (remember how powerful the UEFA block is)...a country that is closer to Europe and gives them the almost the same enviroment or deep in South Africa..

Personally I am almost convinced that a North African country will win the bid....unfortunately I believe RSA had their best chance in 2006 and lost out to Germany through mago mago..
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

u guys forget [email protected] europeans fear any islamic nation and I doubt they'll trust this event in the hands of a nation where people like @sama can blend in easily
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ugly boy wrote:u guys forget [email protected] europeans fear any islamic nation and I doubt they'll trust this event in the hands of a nation where people like @sama can blend in easily
You're assuming that these guys are voting with their heads... their hearts tell them that north africa is only a couple hours flight away... Egypt is practically out as far as i'm concerned... SA looks like the right choice for black africa but then again politics has a lot to say about who'll get this thing than fairness.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

The biggest problem for Tunisia will be the weather. In the summer, it will be blazing hot and it might not be very conduisive to playing football. Also. there is the possibility of heavy rains, so I think SA still have an edge.
To stop trying is to start dying
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

RSA will win this one; it;s theirs to loose. Blatter has a soft spot for RSA. I hope they get it. Any Northern African host will incur participating nations/Fifa (whoever is in charge of security) extra cost. Ugly boy's point can't be underestimated. Especially with the US team coming (ofcourse they'll qualify).
...but with God all things are possible...