Ronaldo's Advert Prank-Calling Neymar Is Banned in Brazil

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Ronaldo's Advert Prank-Calling Neymar Is Banned in Brazil

Post by iworo »

Ronaldo's Advert Prank-Calling Neymar Is Banned in Brazil to Protect Children
By Mark Patterson (UK Staff Writer) on December 5, 2013

[/video]

An advert in Brazil featuring former national team star Ronaldo prank-calling current striker Neymar has been pulled because it was setting a bad example to children.

The telephone company, Claro, showed Ronaldo making the calls with his free minutes.

However, according to Give Me Sport, the National Council for Advertising Self-Regulation has judged that it presents the pair in a bad light.

The council was also hit with numerous complaints about the ad, saying it encouraged children to copy the behaviour.

According to the Daily Mail, Neymar has complained in real life about being pestered by phone calls from fans in recent weeks:

I am unable to keep the same number for more than two weeks because people who call themselves fans – Neymarzetes – call me in the early hours of the morning or send me messages.

And the worst part is that they discover the numbers of my family, girlfriend and friends and they invent stories and tell lies so that in the end they also have to change their numbers.
Claro might be disappointed that the advert is off the air—on the other hand, it's generated a whole new wave of publicity.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1876 ... t-children