Sergio Ramos Red Card Overturned

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sergio Ramos Red Card Overturned

Post by Globero »

Is it done in only la liga, or are yellow cards overturned in EPL and Bundesliga as well even if the ref does not state that he made a mistake ? :huh:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/16558 ... ed?cc=5901

Sergio Ramos can play for Real Madrid at Valencia on Sunday after the Primera Division authorities rescinded one of the yellow cards that led to him being sent off in last weekend’s 2-2 draw at Osasuna.

The news is a boost for Blancos coach Carlo Ancelotti, who had been facing defensive problems with his other senior centre-backs, Pepe and Raphael Varane, unavailable through suspension and injury.

Ramos received a club record 18th red card against Osasuna, first being shown a yellow by referee Carlos Clos Gomez for a supposed trip on winger Alvaro Cejudo, then receiving another after catching midfielder Roberto Torres with a raised arm.

Madrid decided to focus their appeal on the first incident -- which TV pictures suggested was not even a foul. On Wednesday, AS reported that La Liga’s competition committee agreed, finding that "the player Don Sergio Ramos Garcia did not knock over his opponent, which was the description written in the referee’s report."

Ramos is sitting out Wednesday's Copa del Rey last-32 second leg game at home to Olimpic de Xativa with a back problem, but Ancelotti said that would not stop him from playing on Sunday.

"Ramos has a small issue in his back, he had the problem in the warm-up and made an effort to play against Osasuna," the Italian coach said after training on Tuesday. "But if he cannot play in Valencia, it will not be for a physical problem."
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero