Bhamjee accuses Hayatou of racism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:anointed - you must be from the old school by way of Rivoli, Jebako and Rainbow. I don watch NAJEEN, SHOLAY, JUGNU etc :?
I can't remember saying or writing you haven't watched any of the above.

Pls remind me if I said so.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo should know about commodities.

Remember this?

http://www.nebraskacorn.org/crop_progre ... 2/7_2.html
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

anointed wrote:Ayo should know about commodities.

Remember this?

http://www.nebraskacorn.org/crop_progre ... 2/7_2.html
Ol boy ...leave Ayo alone ! He knows his stuff but na "oversabi" dey kill my man ! :P
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
joe1192
Egg
Egg

Post by joe1192 »

okjazz wrote:Joe

You are exposing your ignorance

1. Nobody said all Indians are good businessmen. Either you have comprehension problems or your brain is on leave. On average Indians tend to be succesful businessmen. Even here in the US there is a disproportionate number of succesful Indian business men compared to other Americans
eh, corner store owners? therefore succesful business men? perhaps. regardless tho, stop talking out of your #$% and show numbers (proof) to prove your point. surely you cannot go making another yeye statement like the one above without having a way to back this up
2. On Kenyan cricket you dont seem to know anything. Indians founced the cricket association, founded all the clubs, looked for funding and basically do everything else. In fact without them, Kenya cricket would be as dormant as any other African nation whether Uganda or Nigeria or Zambia
what is your point????? according to you, indians run kenyan cricket. and???
3. As far as Senegal is concerned its true that they have good people running the show in Senegal. Its also true that Angola basketball is well run. But for every well run sports association on the continent, I can name 10 that are shoddily run. Just go to any African football forum and watch how people complain about their officials.
come my guy, we all know this

4. I don't know what you mean by Africans never learn. What you need to be asking yourself is why African teams have not made any progress since the 1990s.
What has Cameroun done at the WC since 1990 ? Pele even predicted that an African team would win the WC by 2002. How come we havent made real progress in that direction ?

Its because of our refusal to hold our leaders accountable. And this is precisely my point. Your constant denials wont help. African football leaders need to be held accountable for their actions.
what denial??? which denial did i post here??? let me spell it out for you, your dispparaging remarks towards africans and at the same time trying to "big up" indians is what i am attacking

no sir, it is you that is ignorant. you made ignorant comments in your first post and expect people not to call you out on this?

my assumption is that most people agree that africa has problems, our leaders need to be held accountable and us the people need to do better. BUT do not think because of all these, that you (whether african or not) can come here and make yeye statements like the one you did
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

Joe

Your arguments are far beneath me so I wont bother wasting time anymore.

When you grow up and learn to discuss issues without resorting to insults then come back & talk to me.

bye.
joe1192
Egg
Egg

Post by joe1192 »

okjazz wrote:Joe

Your arguments are far beneath me so I wont bother wasting time anymore.

When you grow up and learn to discuss issues without resorting to insults then come back & talk to me.

bye.
my guy, you are a joke!!! if this statement by you: "You put an indigenous Kenyan in charge and what you get is mediocrity" plus your addition to moi's quote is not insulting to black kenyans/africans as a whole then i dont know what is
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

You are the joke becoz you make statements on issues about which you dont know jack.

I lived in Kenya nearly my whole life and have seen sports officials run their sports into the ground through sheer incompetence and no one ever held them accountable.
Only a biased person would deny that Africans are lagging way behind others when it comes to organizing sports. I have said it. If you find it offensive then too bad because its the truth.

Another thing: Indians own far more than corner stores. They own a significant # of software startups, they own franchise stores like circuit city , days inn & best buy etc etc, they own car dealerships and now even Indian IT companies like Wipro are giving Americans sleepless nights.

I dont like Indians but its truth that they are good businessmen whichever way you twist it.
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

Oya, e don do.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ayo, Ayo...Come on now, you should know better. This is after all Cybereagles....

Even if you are 100 percent right, don't you think that by giving Indians credit in contrast to the disaster that some African nations have made of their country that you would receive a serious backlash.

I mean, damn, even on this site, as CHukwu leads us on the road to ruin, there are still people here that will curse, scream and be ready to engage in cyber-tussles if you even dare question his competence or ask for more qualified coaches....

Come on Ayo, you know better...But by your approach you should have been expecting the incoming :wink:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Can I just point out that the Botswanan Indian are not foreigners, they are citizens of Botswana. As you can see Bhamjee was the head of the FA and is the current head of Cosafa.

In Nigeria, would we allow a citizen of migrant origins to assume such a high position even if he is the most qualified person to do so? Why has John Mastroudus never been appointed to any NFA position?

In Botswana, they embrace their minorities and learn from them, whereas in Nigeria, out hostility to "foreigners" and xenophobia under the guise of an oyinbo man cannot teach me, fuels the status quo, corruption, nepotism and bringandage.

Can I just point out that Botswanan Indians are part of the government, so all this talk about the state providing good economic conditions does not exclude them. Bhamjee is a great son of Africa!
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

baba no regrets wrote:Ayo, are you talking from what you read about the country or have you been there. I lived in Botswana from 1998-2001. I spent my vacation there in 2002. And I will be going when I have time and enough cash for vacation. Botswana is not big for canned fruits and that crap. South Africa with a better climate for apples is got that. The country gets cash from mainly it's diamond, beef sold to the EU ( and trust me, no Indian I know engage in the part of agriculture) and the Hyundai motor plant they had before it went under in 1999. I know the business the Indians engage in. The biggest importer of cars (particularly BMW and Benz) is Indian, Carpet importers and loac carpet companies are Indians and other pepepe stuff. Many other Indians are in paid employment but their shaddy dealing is what makes many of them going.

Baba no regret, you're much closer to the truth than Mr. Ayo. When people lose they find a reason for their defeat. What proves that Bhamjee would have been a better CAF president than Hayatou? the football region he heads is not that great. He can complain all he wants, he lost to a better and experience candidate. I personally would have prefered another qualified person than Bhamjee. Hayatou's unprecedented 5th term proves than he has been a credit to CAF. You guys don't seem to believe the other CAF members have intellegence to make inform choices - in this case voting for the better of two candidate. Bhamjee had no beef! hence he lost. Is that very difficult to understand?
Our goal is to remain superior to the eagles!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

whereas in Nigeria, out hostility to "foreigners" and xenophobia under the guise of an oyinbo man cannot teach me, fuels the status quo, corruption, nepotism and bringandage

And how do you arrive at this assumption?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Ayoakinfe- Master of all trades-jack of no knowledge. Every argument you must claim expert status. I don't care where you recieve your reports from or what business you conduct daily. The point is that you are equally as racist Hayoutou going by your similar statements. You implied that "Africans" could never accomplish what those with Indian ancestory had achieved. Yet when confronted on this issue you refuse to reply as is the case with you always. Furthermore, you speak out of both sides of your mouth by then calling those same Indians true sons of Africa. (Only you can be so daft as to miss your own stupidity and contradiction)
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can I just point out that the Botswanan Indian are not foreigners, they are citizens of Botswana.
I agreed with you on this point to a large extent. I have friends, who their parents were chased out of Uganda by Idi Amin, that still hold on to Africa and Uganda as home and place of birth till this hour.
Can I just point out that Botswanan Indians are part of the government, so all this talk about the state providing good economic conditions does not exclude them. Bhamjee is a great son of Africa!
Does a tree make a forest? If a tree makes a mighty forest, Nigeria-born world renowned legal guru, the late Justice Akinola Aguda, would have been given all credits for a well-structured judiciary system in Botswana ( as you are trying to attribute all economic successes of Botswana to the Indian business groups).

The late Justice Akinola Aguda became the Chief Justice of Botswana in 1972, less than six years after Botswana got its independence. He was the first Black man to assume such a position in Botswana and also first Black man to head the judiciary arm of a nation in the whole Southern African hemisphere.

Akinola Aguda worked with the people and leadership of Botswana to lay the foundation of judiciary system of Botswana and put in place well-defined legal practice/structure. Granted he was a brilliant chap, without the cooperation of the people and leadership of Botswana he would have been a failure in that country. No man is an island to himself. It takes a joint effort to bring about a true development (bottom up NOT top-down one as it is the case in Nigeria and several African nations).

Whatever development in Botswana today comes through a joint and collaborative effort of all sectors (people, business and et.al) of the society and their leadership....It is not only through the wisdom of a group or selected people in the country, Mr. Akinfe.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Yes there is only one Ayo Akinife! :D Ayo is doing what he does best getting every body wound up. :lol:
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Makanaky wrote:Yes there is only one Ayo Akinife! :D Ayo is doing what he does best getting every body wound up. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU officially made his name 10 letter(ed 8) ) name--A[1) Y [2] O[3] A[4] K[5] I[6] N[7] I [8] F[9] E[10]..... He has been waiting all his life to see person that will change his 9 letter[ed :roll: ] name to 10....You did it ! Clap for yourself for giving 10-points an additional letter :)

AYO AKINFE = 9

Now (all thanks to Makanaky) AYO AKINIFE, which in Ajegunle Yoruba-English translation is "AYO has love", = 10

Previous attempts by Omey2k and et.al

AYO KNIFE = 8

AYO KNIVES = 9 :twisted:
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

I sympathise with Mr. Bhamjee.

Not to be racist however, I believe that having a CAF President of Indian descent sends out a powerful symbolic gesture, the interpretation of which I would consider to be a sad indictment on "black" Africa as a whole.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can I just point out that the Botswanan Indian are not foreigners, they are citizens of Botswana. As you can see Bhamjee was the head of the FA and is the current head of Cosafa.

In Nigeria, would we allow a citizen of migrant origins to assume such a high position even if he is the most qualified person to do so? Why has John Mastroudus never been appointed to any NFA position?
In Botswana, they embrace their minorities and learn from them,
whereas in Nigeria, out hostility to "foreigners" and xenophobia under the guise of an oyinbo man cannot teach me, fuels the status quo, corruption, nepotism and bringandage.

Ayo has just contradicted himself again, the bolded quote above prove beyond any doubt that the Black African leadership are the true success story in Bostwana and other African leaders and people must learn from these Black Africans.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Realtrouble:

Why you dey look for the "real trouble" of Ayo now? You no sabi sey Ayo na man of many shades.... and weird/abami handshakes :D
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

joe1192 wrote:hmmm..... the way i viewed the statement was in regards to european clubs/football trying to dictate to african nations ways to run the game in africa

i mean, that is just a statement of a whole speech. i would like to see the WHOLE speech before i make up my own mind
Joe, I tend to go by your interpretation of the statement. Despite that, Hayatou could do better. A man of his age and calibre ought to know to make guided statements.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Can I just point out that the Botswanan Indian are not foreigners, they are citizens of Botswana. As you can see Bhamjee was the head of the FA and is the current head of Cosafa.
True Word! I wish and hope for the day we Nigerians will employ anyone on merit, irrespective of ethnicity.
Ayo the problem here has to do with structure, as you know so well, Mr Mastroudus, would have have to join the Ministry of Sport or become a member of the Nigerian civil Service to get any top position in the NFA or Sports Ministry.
In Botswana, they embrace their minorities and learn from them, whereas in Nigeria, out hostility to "foreigners" and xenophobia under the guise of an oyinbo man cannot teach me, fuels the status quo, corruption, nepotism and bringandage.
Yes they embrace their minorities as seen by Bhamjee position, however you are generalising once again. What is the proportion of other ethnic minorities in the govt of Botswana when compared to the largest ethnic group? Besides, not all Nigerians are hostile to foreigners, and it is not because of xenaphobia alone we do not have foreigners in top positions of govt, there are other factors. You and I would not be abroad today if was just down to xenophobia. Foreigners have lived and made a great life in Nigeria for years, Lebanese, Indians, English, etc. they have contributed just like all decent Nigerians, what we must not do is single them out as something they are not. For example before we Nigerians arrived in England in numbers, there was this misconception about Blacks and Indians, today, especially in London, people have seen what we Nigerians are achieving in all parts of English life and such stereotypes are dying fast.

Finally, Ayo. We have serious problems in Nigeria (I mean all ethnic grups) when it comes to governance and it is not down to racism and ethnicity alone. It is only we Nigerians that can solve our problems, foreigners will nt and we do not need them. Be it football or anything aspect of Nigerian life, we must learn to manage this strats with having a system of accountability and putting the right people in the right places. We must have the right managers who have set objectives, plans maust be made to achieve these objectives that will benefits Nigerians and not their bank accounts.

Ayo, the list of things to be done is endless and it is only we Nigerians who will have to do it to save our country.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.