Adedeji Out for 6 Weeks …..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Adedeji Out for 6 Weeks …..

Post by Enugu II »

Yinka was expected to start on this CHAN team along with Gambo who also was dropped on account of injury.
Adedeji ruled out for six weeks
by Legheri Onyamom 20 January 2014, 14:41
http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... _six_weeks

Sharks defender, Yinka Adedeji, will be on the sidelines for six weeks following the injury that ruled him out of Nigeria's squad to the Africa Nations Championship (Chan).

The 28-year-old pulled a hamstring in the Super Eagles training session late in December.

He told supersport.com that the lengthy period he would be out of action has added to his disappointment on missing out on the Chan.

"Before the injury, I had been feeling in great shape. That's in the past now and I lost the chance to play for my country in the Chan.

"Then the doctors report came in that I'll be out for six weeks, which is far longer than I had expected.

"I was looking forward to and expecting a great tournament.

"I'm happy the boys are putting up a good performance. I'm proud of what they have achieved so far," he said.

It was Adedeji's second injury setback recently, having missed out of Nigeria's friendly with Jordan in October after being injured in a league tie. However, he is still looking forward to call-ups in future.

"I think it is the same injury that made me miss the Jordan game that may have cropped up again since it is the same right leg," he told supersport.com.

"It is unfortunate it has occurred at such crucial times, but I have to move on and hope for the best.

"The new season would begin next month and I'm looking forward to having a good time with my club.

"I am confident I will return on the pitch even stronger than I was before."

The versatile Adedeji joined Sharks last season in the Week 9 transfer window and played an important role in reviving the clubs fortunes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics