How About The Christmas Tree Formation For The Eagles?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
How About The Christmas Tree Formation For The Eagles?

Post by RudeBoy »

**********************Aghwonder****************

*******************Kanu*******Okocha***********

**************Lawal*****Expong******Olofinjinwa***

Babayaro*******Okoronkwo******Yobo**********Abbey
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Reliance on central attack will not take us far in the competition. We should be able to launch attack from the flanks too. Furthermore, the personnel earmarked for this formation will not be effective for counter attacks.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Christmas tree yes. Your personnel, no.
First rule of Christmas tree:
- the apex should ideally be a post up man
- the two behind him do so much work, they should be the biggest huslers. At least one of them should also be the fastest player in your team.

So, who is our best post up guy? Kanu. Actually, he is our only post up man - ok, Agali as well

Who are the huslers? Jag and Yak

So, here goes (and please remember JJ plays in a Christmas tree formation at Bolton as one of the three):

*************************Kanu*************

**************Aghwonder**********Yak********

********Lawal*********Olofinjinwa******Okocha***

If you really cannot stomach Kanu playing and you want JJ to carry more of an offensive threat (not my preference as I think he is more deceptive coming from deeper) then you'll need Jag alongside to make the runs:

*************************Agali*************

**************Aghwonder**********Okocha********

********Lawal*********Ekong********* Olofinjina***

-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

No i think Iroko , Obeche, baobab or better still Mango tree or cashew nut tree formation will be better. But if you ask me for the tree formation that is gauranteed to win this ANC, mmmm dont look further than PawPaw or Kolanut tree formation. To beat the Cameroonian use the Palm tree formation, since they are indomitables, well the Palm tree never dies as well.
Don thank me for this advice, i love ma country i no go lie, but for now i no dey inside am. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The Observer wrote:Reliance on central attack will not take us far in the competition. We should be able to launch attack from the flanks too. Furthermore, the personnel earmarked for this formation will not be effective for counter attacks.
Actually, don't get decieved by graphics - the Christmas tree gives you massive width:

With a three man shield, full backs have more freedom to push forward;
The supporting two can also freely move into wide spaces with the other one going central to support the post-up man
With two attacking players behind him, the post-up man also has the brief to drag central defenders into those areas. If they don't follow him, he can then get cosses in; If they do, holes quickly appear as the back four (or three) of the opposition quickly looses shape.
Examples of post up men? Well, for all his lack of skill, Kevin Daies is doing it brilliantly at Bolton. He is not scoring much, but he is even more of a regular on the squad that the likes of Stelios, Pedersen, Djokaeff and Moreno. Also, he often provides them width, leaving the central areas open for Stelios and Djokaeff to come in. It works a treat and allows JJ and Nolan the freedom to pick and choose when to join.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ayohoff
Egg
Egg

Post by ayohoff »

reminds me of Amodu
great goal!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

*************************Kanu*************

**************Aghwonder**********Yak********

********Lawal*********Olofinjinwa******Okocha***

ok i havent seen this formation used b4...it actually looks good considering Kanu is in it, i like the post up man idea with Kanu, if we are going to use kanu, we might as well let him do what he knows how to do..aghahowa may be better used on the right, above okocha..apart from that i think its good, good use of a useless Kanu.If kanu can hold the ball long enough for yak and aghahowa to run in, then he can put them through, his favorite job.
I hope C3 uses this formation if he is going to use kanu...it makes sense(on paper)
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

This is suicidal!
...but with God all things are possible...
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

For the ultimate attacking 4-3-3 - or christmas tree for some- see below:

An all attacking formation! Why? Our defense WILL leak goals weather we play 5-3-2 or 4-5-1. Thus we have to optimize the offensive capabilities of the squad. This formation can readily flow into a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 diamond - with one of the flank fowards falling into central medfield. An amoebaic formation, the flank fowards Utaka and Aghahowa will carry a heavy load, interchanging as fowards or midfielders! Aigbeni is preferable as opposed to a fragile Kanu, and a Skilless Agali as the point-man. With 2 offensive midfielders, they squad is designed to confuse any defense with a jaw dropping abundance of attacking options - ie goals can come from anywhere ...
Last edited by Nkume on Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

the christmas is a good option
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Kanu playing up front is actually a good option! But has CCC ever heard of this formation?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

You see our problem in Nigeria? Too much skill that we get confused about what to do. I hope Chukwu is up to the task, because it is glaring that Nigeria has ALL the talent it needs to win the Nations Cup.