Mikel Dismisses Chelsea Exit Speculations

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mikel Dismisses Chelsea Exit Speculations

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Super Eagles star player, John Mikel Obi, has dismissed speculations that he could on his way out of Chelsea, insisting he is focused on doing well with his London club.

The Nigeria midfielder has not enjoyed as much game-time as he did last season and reports have linked him with a move to Inter Milan in the summer.

But Mikel insisted yesterday that there is no truth in such reports as he has a contract till 2017.

Mikel also spoke on his dream to win a second EPL championship at Stamford Bridge.

He equally told MTNFootball.com Nigeria will shine at Brazil 2014 by stopping a losing run against Argentina at the World Cup to begin with.

THE FULL INTERVIEW:

How has this season been for you and Chelsea?

So far, it has been good. We are top of the table in EPL and still in contention for the Champions League. It’s been great.

Do you see Chelsea winning both titles?

We are capable of winning both trophies, but we have not won anything yet. The league, we are leading and need to remain focused and get good results in the remaining games, same for Champions League.

We will continue to give our best in the remaining games, we will take them as they come.

You are being linked with a move away to Chelsea again this summer, what do you have to say on this?

I don't know about that. It is just speculations and rumours. I remain a Chelsea player and remain focused on helping my team win trophies.

How was it like when you reunited with Didier Drogba during Chelsea and Galatasaray Champions League clash in Turkey last week?

It was nice and good. He is a friend, brother and companion.

Talking about World Cup, Nigeria will face Argentina for the third time in Brazil having lost the three previous meetings. Do you see Nigeria losing to the same team again in Brazil?

Argentines are one of the favourites for World Cup so they are a top side. We will go for them this time. They have been lucky to beat us previously.

I know 1994 was our first World Cup and I believe experience counted against us. In 2002, I think a new team with new manager went there, so that has an effect too. Same in 2010.

This time around they won't be lucky, we are good to go.

We understand ourselves better now and we will break the jinx, we just have to remain focused and determined.

What do you have to tell your fans?

I thank them all for their support and prayers. I will keep doing my best in order not to let them down while in action for Nigeria and Chelsea.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/mik ... ns/173387/

best statement of the year..SE all the way 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved