African Footballer of the Year decision postponed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Let me teach you guys how to read between the lines.

The votes have already been cast. That's a fact, not speculation. This postponement till April 30, where it will be announced in Cameroon tells you the obvious: Eto'o has won it.

Now, let me repeat; the voting is completed. It is the announcement of the results that is delayed.

Don't ask me why, and at whose instance. My speculative powers don't reach that far.

But note this little fact. CAF nominates Kolo Toure for best young player; defines the cut-off age as 21; finds out Kolo is approaching 23....Hmmm, what to do? Again your guess is as good as mine....

...Maybe, just maybe, accusing CAF of conspiracy actually flatters those fine gentlemen - maybe it is a high level of incompetence that is the culprit here.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Mlkama and co,can u guys come here and share ya thoughts?Ona simple note i no go talk about una jersey if thats what U guys are worried about.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

VINDAVE, how r u sure Adamu is also not part of the problem
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

You guys are just blowing steam for nothing.

Even yesterday, I challenged the idea of electing Africa's Best player, just before the start of a major tournament, but most of you said it was for electing the best player in the 2002/2003 season.

I personally agree with the CAF decision to postpone the elections of the Best African player of the year until after the ANC.

Afterall; I want the person they eventually vote for to actually have proven to be the best player in Africa at the moment, and not just a one shot wonder.

My opinion..
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Mbape wrote:Let me teach you guys how to read between the lines.

The votes have already been cast. That's a fact, not speculation. This postponement till April 30, where it will be announced in Cameroon tells you the obvious: Eto'o has won it.

Now, let me repeat; the voting is completed. It is the announcement of the results that is delayed.

Don't ask me why, and at whose instance. My speculative powers don't reach that far.

But note this little fact. CAF nominates Kolo Toure for best young player; defines the cut-off age as 21; finds out Kolo is approaching 23....Hmmm, what to do? Again your guess is as good as mine....

...Maybe, just maybe, accusing CAF of conspiracy actually flatters those fine gentlemen - maybe it is a high level of incompetence that is the culprit here.
Mbape, you say the voting has already taken place. Can you prove it?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is embarassing. Africans once again proving why they are the laughing stock of the whole world. We cannot even organise a player of the year award without messing it up.

How can you announce the 2003 APOY in April 2004? Sooner or later some people will come here and question why we are the most wretched of the earth, living on charitable handouts and synonymous with food aid.

Can you guys stop singling Hayatou out, however. The other executive members must have voted for it too. No one knows what is behind this.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

The only way they's want to unveil the winner in Camerron is if they've given it to Eto. I do not mind if Eto wins, obviously I'll be very disappointed, but it lacks transparency and fairness. How many people have won the title hand have it confirmed in their country?

This is such a disgrace.
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I think you may have hit the nail at the head. INCOMPETENCE is the word.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mbape, if Eto'o has won it, why do they not just announce it today? I fail to see the point in waiting for April. What of club commitments do not allow Eto'o to be in Yaounde come April?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: African Footballer of the Year decision postponed

Post by theYemster »

Vincent. wrote: Okocha's inclusion is a surprise as is that of Drogba, who has only burst into the limelight since signing for French club Marseille in August.
This statement is what actually surprises me the most;...coupled with the move to Cameroon, I say Eto'o has won it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

You know what I think? We should turn on the heat on CAF and look for some scandal to kick Hayatou out. In fact, we should even threaten to pull out of CAF and damn the consequences. The politics in CAF must be exposed and these idiots must be kicked out. See how they are messing around with Naija like this. Dey no even get respect. Barawo!!! The government must press all the buttons necessary, we can't say we are giants of Africa, the true superpowers of the continent and Cameroon is taking us for a ride.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Unbelievable!!! This is the most shocking form of nepotism I have evr come across, married with the incompetence and corruption it portrays, it is no wonder we Africans are looked at as backward people.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
To stop trying is to start dying
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dude, there is no sugarcoating this; if Eto'o has won it, they should've announced it as scheduled according to the rules...period!;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

JJ is hot on steam right now and if Eto is announced some might question it....I believe they are waiting for the JJ steam to cool off ...personally I think both players deserve it ..maybe a joint APOY will be fair....back to the matter at hand...Hayatou thinks cam will win the ANC and the Eto train will be in full steam...celebrate the APOY ..3rd ANC and keep the cup in Yaounde with a big bang...big grand party with Hayatou the new pres... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: African Footballer of the Year decision postponed

Post by ugly boy »

theYemster wrote:
Vincent. wrote: Okocha's inclusion is a surprise as is that of Drogba, who has only burst into the limelight since signing for French club Marseille in August.
This statement is what actually surprises me the most;...coupled with the move to Cameroon, I say Eto'o has won it.
LOL it's part of the whole propaganda.... :lol:
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Men this just sucks big time.We simply have no clue as to what is going on.This man Hayatou treats CAF like his personal property.Very sad. :evil:
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Why make this announcement in Cameroon? Is that standard practice? would it not be better for the announcement to be issued from CAF headquaters for the purposes of transparency? Why the postponement untill after a major competition which is likely to increase not decrease the level of speculation and intrigue. I find your conclusion that the votes have been cast and the winner selected a bit thin here. If that is so, why not take the next logical step and announce it? There is something fishy here and incompetence is only PART of it.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

...Now you all see why Mr. Bhamjee should have won yesterday...absolute power has corrupted Hayatou absolutely...

Make JJ just forget the whole thing unless we win the ANC trophy..
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

There is no way fans anywhere else in thw world would tolerate this. However, we Africans are cowards who are afraid to challenge our rulers, so they know they can get away with whatever they want.

Hayatou should be made to announce the results today!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

MI5 wrote:As usual the morons who call themselves Nigeria's representatives at CAF as usual will be blind to all of this shame..... :evil: :evil:
Chei! MI5, you have taken the bashing of the NFA to another level. :shock: Wetin concern agbero with overload now? Ol'boy you probably don't know this but the NFA is just one of the 52 countries members of CAF.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:There is no way fans anywhere else in thw world would tolerate this. However, we Africans are cowards who are afraid to challenge our rulers, so they know they can get away with whatever they want.

Hayatou should be made to announce the results today!
Me, I am not afraid of any ruler o! I say our govt. takes up the challenge and brings CAF down absolutely.

In fact, if we like our soccer, we should pull out of that nonsense CAF and join UEFA, afterall, countries like Morroco and Tunisia want to join EU.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Mbape UR a yarnsh sucker!I am speaking for bigpokey24 :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Please give me a damn break! :x Whether the votes have been cast or not is not the issue. The issue is why Cameroon? Why April? :? :x :evil:
Last edited by Robbynice on Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.