The Leon Balogun Interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: The Leon Balogun Interview

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
01bakana wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:kai, Leon interview to food fight. Only on CE :lol:
Oga, but fufu bi Ghana food, abi?
you sure sey you be omo ghana? Wey you fit differentiate kenkey from fufu.
do I have to repeat myself or will somebody help me out here?
I'll help.
Rawlings is a half-hearted Nigerian. :P
Thank you Sir, but why una dey take style dis me
If we call dis one 'dissing', weytin you wan use describe your regular comments on anything Nigerian? :idea:
On which planet is the truth considered "dissing"?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Tbite wrote:
Rawlings wrote:This man is a Ghanaian ..he likes fufu
fufu na third rate chop. Frankly I get offended when Black Americans talk about fufu. Because na 3rd rate chop. When I was in Naija, I never chopped fufu, na better better tings we dey buy. Fufu na poor man food for my area. In fact one day, my mama buy am....I tok "phuuuu errrr" wetin be dis now? Una no get berra chop? The thing dey taste one kain.

if you wan chop Solids...we get Amala, we get Poundo, we get eba, we get tuwo, we get semo, we get wheat...we get all sorts of things, bifor we talk of 3rd rate chop like fufu. Haba

If I dey malnourish, I go wait for Unicef tire, bifor I chop fufu
Actually fufu don become colloquial term.
Many diasporans refer to eba as cassava fufu, pounding as yam fufu etc.
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

highbury wrote:He didnt look too impressive the short time I saw him. May be he was nervous or trying to get his bearings. I think he deserves another chance to show what he can do
Yes, I think was trying too hard to make an immediate impact. First time jitters, I would say. Hopefully, he will recover soon to feature in the Scotland friendly because I like his commitment. That's the kinda players we need in the green and white.

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote: Thank you Sir, but why una dey take style dis me
If we call dis one 'dissing', weytin you wan use describe your regular comments on anything Nigerian? :idea:
Nor be you introduce the word dissing for the truth wey I talk about you?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Calling me a half-hearted Naija man is not the truth. abi?
Unless u consider Obama half-hearted Kenyan ;)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
agidi and okpa
Egg
Egg

Post by agidi and okpa »

I really like Balogun. I hope to seem him again in GWG seems a solid player.
Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
01bakana wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:kai, Leon interview to food fight. Only on CE :lol:
Oga, but fufu bi Ghana food, abi?
you sure sey you be omo ghana? Wey you fit differentiate kenkey from fufu.
do I have to repeat myself or will somebody help me out here?
I'll help.
Rawlings is a half-hearted Nigerian. :P
Thank you Sir, but why una dey take style dis me
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

This boy is good. I hope to see him again in the Nigerian Uniform. He played well in his first game and given time he will be reliable.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Calling me a half-hearted Naija man is not the truth. abi?
Unless u consider Obama half-hearted Kenyan ;)
'Half hearted' not because of your DNA, but because your heart is only half with Naija. You only ever give half the Nigerian story. You readily tell the negative truths, but never the positive truths. Do an audit of your own posts.
So calling you 'half-hearted' is being charitable.
I could always call you The Reluctant Nigerian. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chingo Bling wrote:
Tbite wrote:
fufu na third rate chop. Frankly I get offended when Black Americans talk about fufu. Because na 3rd rate chop. When I was in Naija, I never chopped fufu, na better better tings we dey buy. Fufu na poor man food for my area. In fact one day, my mama buy am....I tok "phuuuu errrr" wetin be dis now? Una no get berra chop? The thing dey taste one kain.

if you wan chop Solids...we get Amala, we get Poundo, we get eba, we get tuwo, we get semo, we get wheat...we get all sorts of things, bifor we talk of 3rd rate chop like fufu. Haba

KPOM.
And Balogun is probably doing exactly that.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote:He didnt look too impressive the short time I saw him. May be he was nervous or trying to get his bearings. I think he deserves another chance to show what he can do
KPAM!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

NFF Visit Shocks Leon Balogun
: Mar 29, 2014

After he dropped his crutches in the course of the week, Fortuna Dusseldurf and Super Eagles defender, Leon Balogun got the shock of his life when the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), through its Technical Committee Chairman, Barr. Chris Green paid him a surprise visit last Thursday in Germany.

Balogun who has been celebrating the support he has received from the federation and its coaching crew said he could not believe his eyes when he saw Green in Dusseldurf just to check on him. “This is a pleasant surprise, and I can’t believe that the federation will go the whole hug to support me. I can assure you sir that your visit will hasten my recovery process and help me thank Nigerians for all the support they have shown to me,” he declared.

The defender then went on heap praises on the President of the NFF, Alhaji Aminu Maigari for his leadership qualities, declaring that the affection, care and support of the federation has offered has reached a level that he has to reciprocate by getting himself physically and mentally fit for the Brazil 2014 World Cup if he is picked by the coaching crew.

The NFF, through Barr. Green assured that it will keep a close tab on the player, to ensure that he is not only fit but ready for the challenge of the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

“We want the best for the country and you have proven through your commitment after just a game that you are the type of player that we need for the Nigerian football to become a global brand.”
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ne ... on-balogun
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Leon Balogun ‏@LeonBalogun Mar 28
Optimism level is on it's max!! Great news from the doc, day 6 w/o crutches, sun is shining - God is GREAT!
https://twitter.com/LeonBalogun
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

I guess LB has guaranteed himself a spot on the list... Singing the praises of the NFF to high heavens means he now has a godfather. And we all know how this things work.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:
Tbite wrote:

KPOM.
And Balogun is probably doing exactly that.
Ohk that makes sense...because in the part of Nigeria that I come from, Fufu is a minority food. In fact I will say we eat more rice than fufu. And the same holds true for many other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. And I never even saw anybody prepare fufu once. The only time I saw fufu, was when it was wrapped in leaves and somebody had bought it from somewhere.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Tbite wrote: Ohk that makes sense...because in the part of Nigeria that I come from, Fufu is a minority food. In fact I will say we eat more rice than fufu. And the same holds true for many other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. And I never even saw anybody prepare fufu once. The only time I saw fufu, was when it was wrapped in leaves and somebody had bought it from somewhere.

Fufu wrapped in leaves :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Reminds me of this oyibo man who ate eba with ice cream
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rawlings wrote:
Tbite wrote: Ohk that makes sense...because in the part of Nigeria that I come from, Fufu is a minority food. In fact I will say we eat more rice than fufu. And the same holds true for many other parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. And I never even saw anybody prepare fufu once. The only time I saw fufu, was when it was wrapped in leaves and somebody had bought it from somewhere.

Fufu wrapped in leaves :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Reminds me of this oyibo man who ate eba with ice cream
Please tell us they don't wrap Fanti Kenke in leaves and the Ga Kenke in corn leaves?

Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:That's my boy. .looking forward to his 2nd game vs Scotland
:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved