JULIUS AGHAHOWA: REVEALED A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
JULIUS AGHAHOWA: REVEALED A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION!

Post by GUEST »

SOURCE: NIGERIA SUN NEWS

Before match, I speak with my wife, her sweet words give me extra strength - Aghahowa

Are you still wondering where Julius Efosa Aghahowa gets his extra energy to score great goals when Nigeria is boxed to a tight corner? Then you must read this as the guy says: "My wife’s sweet words before a match is the source of my raw strength on the pitch."
Before a match, the Shaktar Donetsk lethal player gets in touch with his heartthrob on phone and the magnet on the handle transfers the magic that gives him the strength to ravage Nigeria’s opponents.
In faraway Faro, Portugal, Aghahowa spoke on what Nigerians should expect from him and the Super Eagles when the Nokia Nations Cup gets underway tomorrow in Tunisia.
Nations Cup
"I’m not disturbed that some of the key players did not report in time. We have played together before and we have a number of good and young talents in the team who are ready to fly with the team.
Nigeria does not lack players. Even without the key players, the coaching crew could still have raised a good side that will fly Nigeria’s flag high in Tunisia.
"It is not true that there has always been crisis in the Super Eagles’ camp. This is my third consecutive Nations Cup appearance and I have not seen any Mafia in the team.
"Forget what happened in Mali 2002; the Super Eagles players always see themselves as one big family. What Nigerians refer to as chaos in the team is a mere disagreement that sometimes arises between the players and soccer administrators. Nothing more than that.
"In the past, our administrators, often times, go back on agreed terms, especially over players’ bonuses. But I think that is now a thing of the past. The situation is different now."
Third appearance
"Yes, this is my third Nations Cup appearance, and I feel quite happy. It is the dream of every player in Africa to showcase his skills at the Nations Cup, and I’m happy that I’m doing this for the third time.
"But I’m not happy that the best I could get in the past two appearances were a silver medal in 2000(Ghana/Nigeria 2000) and a bronze in Mali 2002. I staked all I had in 2000 to make sure that Nigeria won the trophy but it failed. This time around, I will go the extra miles in Tunisia to see Nigeria on the top of Africa.
Nothing, except the trophy, will excite me. Not even a silver. Nigeria had played enough of second fiddle since 1994 when we won the trophy in Tunisia. I’ll give my best.
Damage
If you say scoring great goals for my country is doing the damage for other countries, I would love to score more goals. In fact, nothing makes me happier than when I score goals for Nigeria, especially at a time when I know that Nigerians are down, losing hope on the match. I’m happy when I play for Nigeria. I will always put in my best.
"There is nothing special scoring goals when Nigeria is in dire need of one. When you play with a good side, the best you can give is to score goals. But when you realise that the goal is not forthcoming, you go for the extra energy in you.
For instance, my goals against Senegal and Morocco at the 2000 Nations Cup came through extra efforts, and I give the credit to God. He made it possible. God has been my strength. When I ask him for something, He has always given it to me.
Whenever Nigeria is in a difficult situation, I often take like two minutes off on the pitch to pray to God and ask Him to come to our rescue either by using me or any other member of the team.
For instance, when we were down 0-1 to Senegal in Mali 2002, I talked to God and at the last minute the saving grace came and he used me to get the equaliser. But it is sad that we eventually lost the match. God has always answered my prayer. And I know He will do just that in Tunisia.
Religion
Am I so religious, talking about God, God every time? Well, I will say I don’t know if I’m religious but I can tell you that I’m a child of God. I believe that Jesus died for me on the cross of calvary. I also read my bible regularly and it tells me that when I ask from Him, He will give me. So, I always ask from Him and He had always answered me.
Yes, it wasn’t the case against Senegal in 2002. As I told you, I felt bad that we lost that match. But you could say that we were destined to lose the match. Even, after I had scored the equaliser, we also had a penalty which Oruma (Wilson) lost. And we lost the game.
I was so sad after the match because my target was to lift the trophy in my second attempt. My sadness was compounded by the referee who gave me a red card in the match.
But, I later consoled myself because I know that our ways are different from God’s. I did not deserve that red card but everybody in the team was tired and I wanted to give my last energy. But the referee struck with his red card which was my first in the Eagles. So, you can see why I said we were destined to lose the match.
Dream
My dream in Tunisia is that Nigeria will win the trophy. My dream is to see the Eagles playing well, my dream is for Julius Aghahowa to top the goal scorers’ table. And my dream in Tunisia is to bang in goals as I’ve never done before.
The golden boot eluded me twice and I want it now. I’ll try my best to win the golden boot.
Why won’t I celebrate when I score goals? I, definitely, will. But it depends on my mood before and during the match, then I’ll know if I will somersault when I score goals. But let me play the first game against Morocco and see how it goes. I’m in my greatest frame of mind for this tournament and I promise Nigerians to give my best.
My club! I really don’t have problem with them. I have a contract but I was eager to move to another club. But that was then. I’ve put that behind me now. I’m happy playing for them. All I wanted was to play in another league but they refused.
The president of the club was not ready to release me. Not even for $15m because he knows my worth in the club. I have no regret staying in Ukraine. It may even turn out to be a blessing for me after all. For now, I’m happy playing there. I don’t want to force myself out until my contract runs out next year.
The president has even asked me to sign another contract and promised that he would give me whatever I wanted. But I’ve yet to give him my words. I’m still studying the situation. Who knows, I may stay, I’m really enjoying myself in Ukraine now. It’s like my second home.
The president now sees me as his son. He’s always ready to give me whatever I ask for. I’m happy with them. When I was injured, the club took care of me. That I’m playing football again is because the club loves me. I have recovered fully.
Weather
There is no complaint about the weather. Initially, I found it tough. But after four years, I’m now used to the weather. Playing under minus or zero degree could be terrible but now, I’m master of the weather. I’ve acclimatised. The weather is warm now.
My wife and children have been coming for visits but I don’t want them to stay. My wife had spent three months or so at once but I don’t want her to stay. They go back to Nigeria when the weather is cold.
Playing for Arsenal or Manchester United will be great. I heard that they were looking for me at a time but nobody came to me. I can’t just pack my things and move to Arsenal. Whenever they come, I will talk with them. I also learnt that some clubs in Spain want me. That will be great.
At a stage, all these distractions were affecting my game because I was no longer myself. I allowed it to go into my head and I started dreaming of playing for Arsenal, Manchester United or Real Madrid. I was no longer concentrating on my game. My game was going down. Then I told my wife and she appealed to me to apply the brake. It was then I regained consciousness.
Then, I forgot about transfer and my goals started coming. I was banging in goals week after week because it was like I rediscovered myself. Right now, I don’t care which club come for me. Let it even come from heavens I don’t care. When they are ready for me, they will talk with my team.
Enyimba
I was so excited that Enyimba finally won the Champions League. Incidentally, I was in Nigeria when it happened. I’m happy those boys fought like the lions in Egypt. This shows that soccer is growing in Nigeria and I hope we’ll build upon this feat.
On a match day, I wake up early, pray and then go for my breakfast. Then, I prepare for the match. But two hours before a match I always call my wife and we will pray together. She would encourage me to play well. She would tell me some sweet words.
Food? I always like to take rice on match day because it is light. I also love to put on jersey number 17. It’s my lucky number. My boot size is 8.

Back
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...the guy is our greatest weapon at the ANC. Our only genuine cold eyed finisher.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

I hope he delivers! History suggests he will. Goodluck to JAG.
...but with God all things are possible...
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

wiseone u should be called dumbone,our greatest weapon my yarnsh!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

GO for GOALS AGHAWONDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Omey - if you want to disagree with me just do so. There is no need to deliver a simultaneous personal insult.

Aghahowa's scoring record is second to none - he has been our top scorer at the last three tournaments (ANC 2000, ANC 2002, WC 2002) we have played at. You can't argue with the stats....and he averages a goal every 2 games at international level. Only the likes of Batistuta, Lineker and Shearer have goalscoring records like that at international level.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

The JAG and the YAK will score by the bucket full.
To stop trying is to start dying
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

wiseone wrote:Omey - if you want to disagree with me just do so. There is no need to deliver a simultaneous personal insult.

Aghahowa's scoring record is second to none - he has been our top scorer at the last three tournaments (ANC 2000, ANC 2002, WC 2002) we have played at. You can't argue with the stats....and he averages a goal every 2 games at international level. Only the likes of Batistuta, Lineker and Shearer have goalscoring records like that at international level.
Ome is just looking for your trouble. You no see im avatar? He think Amokachi is our best weapon.
If any Nigerian scores more goals than Okocha I'll wear a Man United shirt for the rest of the year. Ughhh!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

hahahaha, even Yobo babayaro will score more goals than okocha, but beware!!! I heard that Tunisians are very religious, and that animal curelity is terms for jail sentencing. Okocha beware, the birds are numbered
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

If you say scoring great goals for my country is doing the damage for other countries, I would love to score more goals. In fact, nothing makes me happier than when I score goals for Nigeria, especially at a time when I know that Nigerians are down, losing hope on the match.
This is a great understatement... All I can say is that Senegal ANC2000 quarter final match in Lagos. Wheew...

Could have been the same, iff Oruma have nak-ed in that penalty.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

What Amokachi has achieved as a Nigerian and club player Julius Aghahowa can only dream of.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
calli65
Egg
Egg

Post by calli65 »

I love this GUY, he his a class act. Future Eagles captain, for a long time. Reminds me of Daniel Amokachi.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

JAG , there is only on jag
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

calli65 wrote:I love this GUY, he his a class act. Future Eagles captain, for a long time. Reminds me of Daniel Amokachi.
God forbid,not Amokachie!He reminds U of a certain Kanu maybe.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

omey2k4 wrote:
calli65 wrote:I love this GUY, he his a class act. Future Eagles captain, for a long time. Reminds me of Daniel Amokachi.
God forbid,not Amokachie!He reminds U of a certain Kanu maybe.
Chie God forbid! You compare Aghawonder to the "chaff" Kanu. O'boy weed not only reduces your sperm count, but it also impares judgement! :!:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nkume wetin U dey yarn.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Oya make madam tell am wetin sweet quick quick.
who no know go know.
wesley
Egg
Egg

Post by wesley »

hahaha :D :D :D :D

i don't understand .. how can u call some one playing in second or third rated championship as a great african player .. that's really funny :D i'm talking of Agawa , if he's that great why don't he play in well mediated champs like Italy'spain,England, france etc , that's where the real soccer is played and not in a remote championship in .. where is that again.. ohhh i forgot Russia ..
Wie zeggen ik weten hebben geen ongelijk.. dat ik weet niet heeft evenmin ongelijk... maar heeft ongelijk om die zegt die zegt dat hij weet terwijl hij niets weet. atort eveneens aan die die zegt dat hij niet weet terwijl hij alles... weet Kameroen toujour zeer.....
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nah Ukraine!Where he has never won highest goal scorer!

Listen to my beatz^^^^^