Messi: I am not a ´true great´ like Maradona

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Messi: I am not a ´true great´ like Maradona

Post by camex »

Nipsy wrote:Guys, guys, please just stop this nonsense. Being a great player is not about statistics. You watch Zidane trap the ball and glide past players, and you don't need his stats to decide he's a great player at the highest level. You watch Maradona and Messi on the ball, and there's no way in hell Messi even comes close. Look, he can score 100 goals in this world cup, and win the another 4 world cups, scoring 500 goals in all, but no way will he be a better player than Maradona. When you are talking about players at this level, you're talking about a level where sports meets art, and please, don't demean it by dragging some kind of statistics into the mix of the stuff of peoples' souls.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo will smash all Pele's records (OK, maybe outside winning the world cup). Would you then place them at the same level? Same level of artistry, and magic? I'd like to know.

So just stop all this nonsense, abeg.
:agree:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Nipsy wrote:Guys, guys, please just stop this nonsense. Being a great player is not about statistics. You watch Zidane trap the ball and glide past players, and you don't need his stats to decide he's a great player at the highest level. You watch Maradona and Messi on the ball, and there's no way in hell Messi even comes close. Look, he can score 100 goals in this world cup, and win the another 4 world cups, scoring 500 goals in all, but no way will he be a better player than Maradona. When you are talking about players at this level, you're talking about a level where sports meets art, and please, don't demean it by dragging some kind of statistics into the mix of the stuff of peoples' souls.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo will smash all Pele's records (OK, maybe outside winning the world cup). Would you then place them at the same level? Same level of artistry, and magic? I'd like to know.

You have the likes of ohsee showing up every 4 years and claiming that Messi who single handedly qualified Argentina, didn't do anything for the team. :lol: :lol:
Jokers all around.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Kabalega wrote:

You have the likes of ohsee showing up every 4 years and claiming that Messi who single handedly qualified Argentina, didn't do anything for the team. :lol: :lol:
Jokers all around.
Psst, reread the post you responded to. :sneaky:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Kabalega wrote:

Jokers all around.
While Messi single handedly qualified Argentina for the world cup, Maradona single handedly won the world cup for Argentina.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

When has Argentina not qualified for the WC? It's not as if Argentina is Togo and never qualified untill Adebayor came on the scene.

What's with this single handedly qualified Argentina and since when was that a sign of greatest of all time?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

I don't think any player can be considered a true great until they have won the World Cup
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The real one agrees
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:

Jokers all around.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: