Ovie Ejaria and Seyi Ojo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: Ovie Ejara and Seyi Ojo

Post by Polly »

paj wrote:
okidoki wrote:
niyi wrote:
okidoki wrote:
patrick wrote:
paj wrote:
patrick wrote:txj,

Please shed more light on Seyi Ojo
...we were so close to nabbing that kid to Stamford Bridge...but his father wanted more money instead of trophies..imagine! :evil:
Paj,

Do u rate Aina highly?
I really do. Not your fancy footwork type of striker. Strengths are his positional sense and his movement. Really good player, and so much room for improvement. Naija is really losing out...
You must be speaking of Solanke. Aina is a fullback.
Yes my brother.
Yeah...Solanke is rather composed...can see him near the first team bench in 3 years if our new integration programme is to mean anything
Pray tell, paj: a new integration programme at the Bridge? What does this mean, the midfield and the attack play together? Or Torres gets integrated into the feeder team?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

patrick wrote:Image

Moses Odubajo another prospect for U23 :thumbs: :thumbs:

[/video]

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/teams/ ... hip/163605
i like the look of odubajo but wont he be 23 just before the olymics kick off?
Olympics is for u-23
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

smartbrother wrote:
patrick wrote:Image

Moses Odubajo another prospect for U23 :thumbs: :thumbs:

[/video]

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/teams/ ... hip/163605
i like the look of odubajo but wont he be 23 just before the olymics kick off?
Olympics is for u-23

Born 1993, I think he is qualified according to FIFA eligibility rule
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Chingo Bling wrote:
okidoki wrote:
patrick wrote:
paj wrote:

...we were so close to nabbing that kid to Stamford Bridge...but his father wanted more money instead of trophies..imagine! :evil:
Paj,

Do u rate Aina highly?
I really do. Not your fancy footwork type of striker. Strengths are his positional sense and his movement. Really good player, and so much room for improvement. Naija is really losing out...
How is naija losing out?
This players were born in England and developed by English teams.
Naija won the last U17, we have players just as good as those born and raised in England.
We need both local and foreign born players that qualify to play for us. It doesn't matter where they where developed. A mix of both is not a bad thing. The Algeria world cup team had 16 players that were born in France.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Chingo Bling wrote:
okidoki wrote:
patrick wrote:
paj wrote:

Paj,

Do u rate Aina highly?
How is naija losing out?
This players were born in England and developed by English teams.
Naija won the last U17, we have players just as good as those born and raised in England.
A Nigerian will always think the grass is greener on the other side!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@ Patrick,

Ovie Ejaria came on from the bench vs Madrid in the UEFA U-19 CL and didn't impress at all...Lost the ball trying to dribble in the midst of three players which led to Madrid getting back in the game from 2-0 down.

Contributed little off the ball...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Here are some comments by fans:
Ovie Ejaria was pretty poor for me. Doesn't do much with or without the ball.

=======
He seems too casual on the ball to me, doesn't seem like he's putting in a shift like the others.

Plus he cheered for arsenal in the middle of a liverpool game on twitter. doesn't seem to take things very seriously imo

======
Seems to think he's a bit better than he actually is, for me. That sort of thing can be worked out but depends on the youngster in question. He just seems to try to dribble around players when there's no need for it, gets caught in bad positions due to overconfidence a bit.
=======

Not just on the ball either. I don't want to come off too harsh either but it's just a little bemusing to me how you could come on at half time against Real Madrid and not be sprinting all over the show. Think that was part of the reason we ceded the game in the 2nd half. Oh well. Got the win.
=======

Might be his previous training. This team likes to move the ball with quick 1 and 2 touch passing whereas he may have been trained to dribble through the middle more and take on players. I can see he has talent but up to him and our coaching to get the most out of him.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

txj wrote:@ Patrick,

Ovie Ejaria came on from the bench vs Madrid in the UEFA U-19 CL and didn't impress at all...Lost the ball trying to dribble in the midst of three players which led to Madrid getting back in the game from 2-0 down.

Thanks bro, IMHO, I don't think he can displace Ifeanyi Mathew, Akinjide et al. 2017 Flying Eagles, he will come good
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

txj wrote:@ Patrick,

Was he the guy that came on with the afro? If so he was really poor indeed
yes o
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Damunk wrote:What doesn't add up for me is this:
If England have all these exceptional youth players that have all played for England U18, U19 etc, how come they hardly make an impact on the European youth scene, talk less if the World Youth Tournaments like the U17 and U20 World Cups?
These guys are getting a lot of hype, but by direct comparison how do we know they can hack it when they hit the same green grass with our local youth players?
If na Naija, ageologists go say na over age dey worry them....
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ejaria on as a sub vs West Ham

Truly, truly silky control in midfield!

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Just been promoted to the U-21 and capped his first game with a goal

Been superb here since coming on

5-0 Liverpool

patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

txj wrote:Just been promoted to the U-21 and capped his first game with a goal

Been superb here since coming on

5-0 Liverpool
Thanks for sharing bro
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

LFC have a lot of very talented midfielders in the Academy, but the coaches think a lot of Ovie and has now been moved to the U-21...

patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

txj wrote:LFC have a lot of very talented midfielders in the Academy, but the coaches think a lot of Ovie and has now been moved to the U-21...
He was dropped by Manu Garba from 2013 U17. If he continues to develop I see him being part of 2017, U20 for Nigeria
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

patrick wrote:
txj wrote:LFC have a lot of very talented midfielders in the Academy, but the coaches think a lot of Ovie and has now been moved to the U-21...
He was dropped by Manu Garba from 2013 U17. If he continues to develop I see him being part of 2017, U20 for Nigeria
Interesting. I had no idea there were FB players that screened for that U17 team. I thought it was only Makanjuola.
Whats happening to Makanjuola sef? He should be about 16 now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

patrick wrote:
I think the tournament is too early for hi, and he is not at the level of some of those I see in the team atm.

But he is developing nicely

patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

txj wrote:
patrick wrote:
I think the tournament is too early for hi, and he is not at the level of some of those I see in the team atm.

But he is developing nicely
Txj,

Ovie Ejaria hangs again, Liverpool U18 vs Leicester CityU18 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

txj wrote:

Ojo is coming along nicely.. The coming season I think is the turning point...

Good close control, explosive pace...

In the coming season, he needs to begin the transition to rounding out his game, to not simply be a pacey player, but one with dynamism and vision to play in the lines...
His current loan spell at Wigan will help his game along no end. He is already getting very good feedback. He is still young though and may need to go on loan again next season.
YNWA
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

patrick wrote:
paj wrote:

Paj,

Do u rate Aina highly?

You are asking the wrong person. He doesn't follow the youths only the overpaid seniors players.

Aina is a baller, I do rate him highly and he is highly regarded within Chelsea youth setups. His game is similar to that of Celestine Babayaro.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Ovie Ejaria and Seyi Ojo

Post by Cally »

2 Nigerian boys already playing for England U-17. I predict the English team will have quite a few Nigerians in the next 5 years.

England’s Young Lions booked their place in May’s Under 17 European Championship with an impressive 3-1 win over Slovenia at Chesterfield.
John Peacock’s team, the defending European champions, surged into a three-goal lead by half-time courtesy of goals from Reece Oxford and Nathan Holland followed by an own goal by Matija Rom.
Although Slovenia pulled a goal back through Jan Mlakar in the 65th minute, England were worthy winners and advanced to May’s finals in Bulgaria with a match to spare.
England's Under 17 squad secured a place at the European Championships on Monday after beating Slovenia
+6
England's Under 17 squad secured a place at the European Championships on Monday after beating Slovenia
Reece Oxfoed (centre) headed the England team into the lead after 20 minutes against Slovenia
+6
Reece Oxfoed (centre) headed the England team into the lead after 20 minutes against Slovenia
Oxford (centre), the England Under 17 captain, celebrates putting his side ahead
+6
Oxford (centre), the England Under 17 captain, celebrates putting his side ahead
MATCH FACTS
England (4-2-3-1): Paul Woolston (Newcastle United); James Yates (Everton), Reece Oxford (C; West Ham United), Easah Suliman (Aston Villa), Jay DaSilva (Chelsea): Tom Davies (Everton), Daniel Wright (Sunderland); Nathan Holland (Everton), Chris Willock (Arsenal), Layton Ndukwu (Leicester City); Kazaiah Sterling (Tottenham Hotspur)
Substitutions: Will Patching (Manchester City) for Willock 48; Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur) for Ndukwu 54; Lukas Nmecha (Manchester City) for Holland 64.
Scorers: Oxford 20; Holland 36, Rom own goal 38
Booked: Suliman, Oxford
Slovenia (4-3-2-1): Rok Vodisek; Matija Rom, Luka Gucek, Oscar Cvjeticanin, Sven Karic Sostaric; Vitja Malencic, Sandi Ogrinec, Kristjan Sredojevic; Jacob Novak, Timi Max Elsnik; Jan Mlakar (C)
Substitutions: Rok Buzinel for Rom 40; Dejan Petrovic for Ogrinec 40; Gaber Petric for Sredojevic 67
Scorer: Mlakar 65
Boosted by Saturday’s 3-1 win over Norway at Burton-upon-Trent, England made the short trip north to Chesterfield full of confidence ahead of the second of three Elite Round qualifiers held this week.
And they were soon on the offensive, with visiting goalkeeper Rok Vodisek pushing away a fierce shot from the Leicester striker Layton Ndukwu, who was chasing his fifth goal in Euro qualifying, inside two minutes.
Slovenia, who had easily beaten Romania 3-0 in their first game of the qualifying mini-group on Saturday night, threatened when Timi Max Semic cut inside and forced England goalkeeper Paul Woolston into a low fingertip save.
But England took the lead on 20 minutes and it was all the work of young Everton winger Holland. He helped win a corner with a purposeful run and then swung in a delivery that Oxford, the captain, headed into the top corner.
Back came Slovenia and Newcastle stopper Woolston excelled with a one-handed save to keep out Jacob Novak’s thunderbolt.
While the away side failed to take their chances, England were clinical and were in total command by half-time.
Holland gained a goal that was just reward for his efforts on 36 minutes, playing a one-two with Arsenal man Chris Willock inside the box before drilling the ball into the bottom corner from 10 yards.
And Holland was involved in the third too, which arrived two minutes later. Having advanced into space down the right, his cut-back was sliced by full-back Rom into his own net.
Peacock was allowed the luxury to make changes in the second period and Manchester City duo Will Patching and Lukas Nmecha were given a run-out, as was Tottenham’s Marcus Edwards.
Nathan Holland celebrates adding England's second goal of the game in the 36th minute
+6
Nathan Holland celebrates adding England's second goal of the game in the 36th minute
Holland celebrates his strike with his international team-mates as England cruised to victory
+6
Holland celebrates his strike with his international team-mates as England cruised to victory
England's victory meant they qualified with five wins from five and still have a group game remaining
+6
England's victory meant they qualified with five wins from five and still have a group game remaining
And the latter came close to scoring the fourth following some nifty footwork but his shot from a tight angle was blocked at the near post.
Slovenia deserved something on the balance of play and pulled one back 15 minutes from time when Fiorentina man Mlakar, the skipper, looped home a back post header.
But a comeback never looked likely and England complete their qualifying campaign against Romania at Burton on Thursday knowing their place in the finals is already rubber-stamped.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3VL7TcL13
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ovie Ejaria and Seyi Ojo

Post by patrick »

[/video]

Ovie Ejaria :clap: :clap: :clap: