40 Days without sex - Mexico coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg
40 Days without sex - Mexico coach

Post by Bobo Dan »

40 Days without sex will not hurt anyone - Mexico Coach

http://fcnaija.com/40-days-without-sex- ... xico-coach

Mexico’s national team coach, Miguel Herrera, has banned his players from smoking, drinking and having sex saying; “It’s not a party.”

Herrera told Reforma: “If a player can't go one month or 20 days without having sexual relations, then they are not prepared to be a professional player.

“Let’s play a World Cup, we’re not going to a party,” he added.

Mexico are in Group A with hosts, Brazil, with whom they have a rich World Cup history, Cameroon and Croatia.

“All the players we have selected have a pretty good resume, they all have won great things, they have been champions and obviously, they know what they want to achieve.

“So then we will not be looking for sex or having sex at the World Cup just to have it, we are going to go after what we came for, a competition that gives us the opportunity to rise above and do something really great.

“So I don't think that the guys even have this [sex] on their minds. They don't have an idea about it. We talked about it because there was a buzz about it and we got criticised because I commented that in a team you have to worry about what is best for the team.

“In a club, you lose one week and you get a second chance the next week. But on a national team, you lose once and you are out of the World Cup.

“I am not thinking about prohibiting sex. I am thinking about football. I hope the players are thinking the same way. Forty days of sexual abstinence is not going to hurt anyone,” he added.
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).