Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:58 pm
Posts: 40305
Location: Transition
Gotti wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Someone should tell me why Keshi has not sued ANS

Why would any sane person spend over a decade (on the average) in Nigerian courts and expend lots of money on lawyers suing a hapless dude who would not be able to satisfy any significant judgment?

My exact thought process. What is the point suing someone whom you cannot pinpoint to any particular location nor has any identifiable assets at stake. Let him go work for a reputable or recognized news organization like Guardian, Punch, Tribune, or anyother dailies then watch how fast they will hurled into the court room.

_________________
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47212
ora wrote:
I do agree and concur to your assertion that any posting or write ups MUST be substantiated with facts, agreed. My point is this, issues related to Keshi always creates an hyper state with some of us on this forum and that should not be the case. Who says their point is accurate or their sources are reliable?

The point of the matter is that we can not allow Keshit and is shenanigans bewilder us just because he won ANC (Hooray) many coaches that had won more and still got laid off. So please do not give me this Holier than though crap about Keshit.

Some of Keshits decsions are wrong period, such as the base line of his ultimate selection (My view), whether he takes or he did not take "Agency", "Search" or what ever fee we all do know that he is a Nigerian official (Coach) and there is a tendency for them to take egunje.



Search advance fee fraud, there is a tendency for Nigerians to be involved, i guess that automatically makes you are a criminal.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 2569
Location: Toronto
Gotti wrote:
Elexus wrote:
It is not "fair play" if you can prove malice. If you can show that the defamatory statement was motivated by malice, you prevail.

First, the standards differ from state to state...
But malice is hardly the prevailing burden of proof in any state.

Rather, it is often a reckless disregard for the truth or otherwise of the statement, which in itself is an extremely high threshold (as it essentially goes to the state of mind of another person). But in addition, the burden is compounded further upwards for PUBLIC FIGURES (which again includes more than just public officials), because they are deemed to have an easier and more readily-available access to public media that would enable them to redress such libel without the necessity of judicial intervention. Why do you think that despite the mud-sling that is a fabric of US public life there is precious few libel suits?


The standards do not differ from state to state once the Supreme Court has ruled on the issue. The authoritative Supreme court ruling stems from this case: New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. This case is the seminal case on Libel. Nearly every attorney in the US knows about this case. Yes, it is hard to establish malice. But if you can prove malice, you prevail.


Last edited by Elexus on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39441
Location: Somewhere
ora wrote:
I do agree and concur to your assertion that any posting or write ups MUST be substantiated with facts, agreed. My point is this, issues related to Keshi always creates an hyper state with some of us on this forum and that should not be the case. Who says their point is accurate or their sources are reliable?

The point of the matter is that we can not allow Keshit and is shenanigans bewilder us just because he won ANC (Hooray) many coaches that had won more and still got laid off. So please do not give me this Holier than though crap about Keshit.

Some of Keshits decsions are wrong period, such as the base line of his ultimate selection (My view), whether he takes or he did not take "Agency", "Search" or what ever fee we all do know that he is a Nigerian official (Coach) and there is a tendency for them to take egunje.



Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is a Legendary Nigerian. He served the nation with distinction, led us to ANC trophies as a Captain and as a Coach. Was also part of Amodu's crew that got bronze in 2002 ANC and qualified us for WC. The man also qualified Togo for the WC. He has left it all on the pitch for Nigeria: tears, sweat, blood.

Can you please spell his family name correctly? Is this too much to ask? Should we disrespect his entire family because of a "tendency to take egunje by Nigerian officials"?

Should we disrespect your family because of "a tendency by Nigerians to commit fraud"?

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: U.S.A
cic old boy wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
so how much did the agent pay Keshi for Nosa to be in nations cup squad 2013??

The going rate for the WC is higher than the ANC.


:lol: :lol: :lol: cic...you look so gentle in the picture I saw here but your finger on key board is wicked...I mean it is a bulala...deng you are bad...sorry I mean your finger on keyboard is bad... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 31112
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ora wrote:
I do agree and concur to your assertion that any posting or write ups MUST be substantiated with facts, agreed. My point is this, issues related to Keshi always creates an hyper state with some of us on this forum and that should not be the case. Who says their point is accurate or their sources are reliable?

The point of the matter is that we can not allow Keshit and is shenanigans bewilder us just because he won ANC (Hooray) many coaches that had won more and still got laid off. So please do not give me this Holier than though crap about Keshit.

Some of Keshits decsions are wrong period, such as the base line of his ultimate selection (My view), whether he takes or he did not take "Agency", "Search" or what ever fee we all do know that he is a Nigerian official (Coach) and there is a tendency for them to take egunje.



Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is a Legendary Nigerian. He served the nation with distinction, led us to ANC trophies as a Captain and as a Coach. Was also part of Amodu's crew that got bronze in 2002 ANC and qualified us for WC. The man also qualified Togo for the WC. He has left it all on the pitch for Nigeria: tears, sweat, blood.

Can you please spell his family name correctly? Is this too much to ask? Should we disrespect his entire family because of a "tendency to take egunje by Nigerian officials"?

Should we disrespect your family because of "a tendency by Nigerians to commit fraud"?


Bros, stop there. Keshi is a public figure and his name can be yabbed. We recognise his 'legendary' status but a ban on yabbing him - HELL NO!!

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39441
Location: Somewhere
Cristao II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ora wrote:
I do agree and concur to your assertion that any posting or write ups MUST be substantiated with facts, agreed. My point is this, issues related to Keshi always creates an hyper state with some of us on this forum and that should not be the case. Who says their point is accurate or their sources are reliable?

The point of the matter is that we can not allow Keshit and is shenanigans bewilder us just because he won ANC (Hooray) many coaches that had won more and still got laid off. So please do not give me this Holier than though crap about Keshit.

Some of Keshits decsions are wrong period, such as the base line of his ultimate selection (My view), whether he takes or he did not take "Agency", "Search" or what ever fee we all do know that he is a Nigerian official (Coach) and there is a tendency for them to take egunje.



Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is a Legendary Nigerian. He served the nation with distinction, led us to ANC trophies as a Captain and as a Coach. Was also part of Amodu's crew that got bronze in 2002 ANC and qualified us for WC. The man also qualified Togo for the WC. He has left it all on the pitch for Nigeria: tears, sweat, blood.

Can you please spell his family name correctly? Is this too much to ask? Should we disrespect his entire family because of a "tendency to take egunje by Nigerian officials"?

Should we disrespect your family because of "a tendency by Nigerians to commit fraud"?


Bros, stop there. Keshi is a public figure and his name can be yabbed. We recognise his 'legendary' status but a ban on yabbing him - HELL NO!!



define "yabbing"

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30168
Elexus wrote:
The standards do not differ from state to state once the Supreme Court has ruled on the issue. The authoritative Supreme court ruling stems from this case: New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. This case is the seminal case on Libel. Nearly every attorney in the US knows about this case. Yes, it is hard to establish malice. But if you can prove malice, you prevail.

Sullivan sets a basic standard or floor (ie, the grundnorm)...
However, the definition of libel differs between different states, and under federal law.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:50 pm
Posts: 7223
Location: 3rd rock from the Sun
Some people lack standards, and more importantly apparently, morals.

_________________
The moment you accept another man's god, you accept the superiority of that man over you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30168
Gotti wrote:
Elexus wrote:
The standards do not differ from state to state once the Supreme Court has ruled on the issue. The authoritative Supreme court ruling stems from this case: New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. This case is the seminal case on Libel. Nearly every attorney in the US knows about this case. Yes, it is hard to establish malice. But if you can prove malice, you prevail.

Sullivan sets a basic standard or floor (ie, the grundnorm)...
However, the definition of libel differs between different states, and under federal law.

Furthermore, the First Amendment makes the US very 'hostile' to libel plaintiffs, which was the point originally being made...

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 1995
Location: Canada
Cellular wrote:
Gotti wrote:
mapet wrote:
O boy! you don't know who you're vouching for. They ANS guy? he's as crude, unprofessional and fake as anybody can imagine. I fuess you need to follow this link and read a lot of garbage he throws around
http://www.nairaland.com/1714428/wow-fa ... t#22915988

:clap: :clap: :clap:


His PR machine helped us with knowing him better...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246968

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=248219

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246013



Oga Cellular, why una dey allow threads like dis now?.... I beg delete this garbage... honestly, I am very angry..!

_________________
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 pm
Posts: 13926
Location: Malindi-Kenya
:lol: "If you carry $#%, flies go follow you", Keshi don dey carry $#% for a long time, :lol: his debacle with the Togolese comes into mind!! :laugh:

_________________
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62088
Quote:
Adebayor stands firm on his claim that Keshi attempted to act as his agent - a claim which Keshi has denied - when he had made up his mind to leave French club Monaco.

"Keshi told me that he had a good club for me. When he says this, it means that he wants to be my agent.
"I was not ready to accept this. A coach should be a coach."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 794852.stm


Quote:
It was reported in some sections of the media that Keshi allegedly tried to scuttled Mba’s move to the French club by asking for a percentage of the midfielder’s transfer fee to CA Bastia.
http://www.supersport.com/football/supe ... nsfer_saga


Now this about Nosa, after Babatunde, Baba Iyabo and co make the squad.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39441
Location: Somewhere
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ora wrote:
I do agree and concur to your assertion that any posting or write ups MUST be substantiated with facts, agreed. My point is this, issues related to Keshi always creates an hyper state with some of us on this forum and that should not be the case. Who says their point is accurate or their sources are reliable?

The point of the matter is that we can not allow Keshit and is shenanigans bewilder us just because he won ANC (Hooray) many coaches that had won more and still got laid off. So please do not give me this Holier than though crap about Keshit.

Some of Keshits decsions are wrong period, such as the base line of his ultimate selection (My view), whether he takes or he did not take "Agency", "Search" or what ever fee we all do know that he is a Nigerian official (Coach) and there is a tendency for them to take egunje.



Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is a Legendary Nigerian. He served the nation with distinction, led us to ANC trophies as a Captain and as a Coach. Was also part of Amodu's crew that got bronze in 2002 ANC and qualified us for WC. The man also qualified Togo for the WC. He has left it all on the pitch for Nigeria: tears, sweat, blood.

Can you please spell his family name correctly? Is this too much to ask? Should we disrespect his entire family because of a "tendency to take egunje by Nigerian officials"?

Should we disrespect your family because of "a tendency by Nigerians to commit fraud"?


Bros, stop there. Keshi is a public figure and his name can be yabbed. We recognise his 'legendary' status but a ban on yabbing him - HELL NO!!



define "yabbing"



I am still waiting for your definition. Calling Keshi "Keshit" and accusing him of fraud based solely on "Nigerian officials have a tendency to take egunje" does not amount to "yabbing", in my opinion.

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86517
Location: Earth
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ora wrote:
I do agree and concur to your assertion that any posting or write ups MUST be substantiated with facts, agreed. My point is this, issues related to Keshi always creates an hyper state with some of us on this forum and that should not be the case. Who says their point is accurate or their sources are reliable?

The point of the matter is that we can not allow Keshit and is shenanigans bewilder us just because he won ANC (Hooray) many coaches that had won more and still got laid off. So please do not give me this Holier than though crap about Keshit.

Some of Keshits decsions are wrong period, such as the base line of his ultimate selection (My view), whether he takes or he did not take "Agency", "Search" or what ever fee we all do know that he is a Nigerian official (Coach) and there is a tendency for them to take egunje.



Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is a Legendary Nigerian. He served the nation with distinction, led us to ANC trophies as a Captain and as a Coach. Was also part of Amodu's crew that got bronze in 2002 ANC and qualified us for WC. The man also qualified Togo for the WC. He has left it all on the pitch for Nigeria: tears, sweat, blood.

Can you please spell his family name correctly? Is this too much to ask? Should we disrespect his entire family because of a "tendency to take egunje by Nigerian officials"?

Should we disrespect your family because of "a tendency by Nigerians to commit fraud"?

it is so sad, and i think the mods should do something about the last name insult.. it isn't professional..Where is that yujam who claims i am destroying discourse on this forum, he turns a blind eye to such

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14184
So it has officially begun.

Once the chief crook has been relieved of his duties, expect an avalanche of these allegations to come. We will all finally know the truth, but I already knew it years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86517
Location: Earth
dhoney wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Gotti wrote:
mapet wrote:
O boy! you don't know who you're vouching for. They ANS guy? he's as crude, unprofessional and fake as anybody can imagine. I fuess you need to follow this link and read a lot of garbage he throws around
http://www.nairaland.com/1714428/wow-fa ... t#22915988

:clap: :clap: :clap:


His PR machine helped us with knowing him better...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246968

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=248219

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=246013


kai such threads irks me so much .. very upsetting.. don't know why it's allowed on CE..
Oga Cellular, why una dey allow threads like dis now?.... I beg delete this garbage... honestly, I am very angry..!

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 6503
Location: U.S.A
cic old boy wrote:
Quote:
Adebayor stands firm on his claim that Keshi attempted to act as his agent - a claim which Keshi has denied - when he had made up his mind to leave French club Monaco.

"Keshi told me that he had a good club for me. When he says this, it means that he wants to be my agent.
"I was not ready to accept this. A coach should be a coach."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 794852.stm


Quote:
It was reported in some sections of the media that Keshi allegedly tried to scuttled Mba’s move to the French club by asking for a percentage of the midfielder’s transfer fee to CA Bastia.
http://www.supersport.com/football/supe ... nsfer_saga


Now this about Nosa, after Babatunde, Baba Iyabo and co make the squad.


...cic are you serious...? whaoooo well Chief O and my Bro Gotti...pls help with this cic's portion...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 2569
Location: Toronto
Gotti wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Elexus wrote:
The standards do not differ from state to state once the Supreme Court has ruled on the issue. The authoritative Supreme court ruling stems from this case: New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. This case is the seminal case on Libel. Nearly every attorney in the US knows about this case. Yes, it is hard to establish malice. But if you can prove malice, you prevail.

Sullivan sets a basic standard or floor (ie, the grundnorm)...
However, the definition of libel differs between different states, and under federal law.

Furthermore, the First Amendment makes the US very 'hostile' to libel plaintiffs, which was the point originally being made...


Freedom of speech does not permit anyone to defame another with impunity. A person cannot fabricate a story for the sole aim of destroying another's reputation and then invoke the defence of freedom of speech.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:09 pm
Posts: 10209
I believe every single allegation made against Keshi 100%!! I have eyes! I watched the game against Scotland, and the gulf in class between Nosa and Ruben was clear as day! For any coach in his right mind to drop Nosa and take Ruben? Really? Seriously? I saw Nosa ball like a man possessed against Barcelona in La Liga while Ruben was playing pick up games with Kilmarnock's U-21 team!
The 3 most undeserving players on that plane to Brazil (based on club form) - Uchebo, Nwofor, and Ruben - have the same agent! So powerful is Harris that he has sucessfully managed to get a player with less than 50 mins of first team football IN AN ENTIRE season, a player let go by a low level Belgian league club, and a player with 5 games in 2 SEASONS to a world cup. The power of the $$$!

I am a Nigerian football fan, and I wish the team well in Brazil. But Keshi is corrupt. There is no other way to put it.

_________________
Bushboy's bushmen : 1. Odion Ighalo 2. Anthony Ujah 3. Isaac Success 4. Nathan Oduwa 5. David Okereke
Who will be next?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Posts: 16783
Gotti wrote:
mapet wrote:
O boy! you don't know who you're vouching for. They ANS guy? he's as crude, unprofessional and fake as anybody can imagine. I fuess you need to follow this link and read a lot of garbage he throws around
http://www.nairaland.com/1714428/wow-fa ... t#22915988

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I said I don't know him you say I'm vouching for him
My guy the national enquirer broke the Clinton lewinsky story
The truth can sometimes come from trashy sources
I and many others were stunned by the decision to drop Nosa and make room for babatunde and Reuben
I'm equally stunned by the cowardly reluctance of Nigerias sports media to confront keshi on this.
What's done is done but let's not castigate the one journalist (or whatever he is ) prepared to stick his neck out and ask the right questions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30168
cic old boy wrote:
Quote:
Adebayor stands firm on his claim that Keshi attempted to act as his agent - a claim which Keshi has denied - when he had made up his mind to leave French club Monaco.

"Keshi told me that he had a good club for me. When he says this, it means that he wants to be my agent.
"I was not ready to accept this. A coach should be a coach."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 794852.stm

This is akin to a dude who recently complemented another dude in Lagos, and the second dude responded "I am not a Gay!" :mrgreen:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30168
Elexus wrote:
Freedom of speech does not permit anyone to defame another with impunity. A person cannot fabricate a story for the sole aim of destroying another's reputation and then invoke the defence of freedom of speech.

Missing the point completely...
The First Amendment (and btw, also Sullivan) makes it a lot harder for a public figure to prevail on a libel suit in the US than in Nigeria. Never said it precludes libel suits...

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: furiously frank, Google [Bot] and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group