Osaze or Babatunde?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet
Osaze or Babatunde?

Post by Janganza »

At this point after all the friendlies, would you start Osaze ahead of Babatunde. Personally I would pick Babatunde over Osaze to start. Babatunde leaves one scratching his head in some of his decisions but he injects urgency in our game something Osaze has not done convincingly.
We know Osaze on his day can single-handily wreck any team ie. the Osaze of Stoke city. Unfortunately we are seeing the Osaze of Cardiff city at the moment.
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Osaze or Babatunde?

Post by marutimon »

Honestly? I would choose neither and play Ejike.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I want Joel Obi or Haruna over any of them two.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I will start Musa on the right with Babatunde coming on for him. On current form, I will not play Osaze for even one second.
To stop trying is to start dying
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Excuses are running out for Osaze. He sucked playing the no 10 position since it was not his natural position. He was then played in his natural position against US and he still sucked.
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Osaze should play as a main striker/ point man, coming on as a replacement for Emenike.
Babatunde is not even a footballer.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Osaze any day. Babatunde actually surprised me yesterday with a couple of good moves but he is still definitely playing at a level a couple of steps too high for him; at least he showed that he's a professional footballer which is more than I can say for Rueben Gabriel...I find it difficult to believe that this guy is a pro baller.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

This can't be a serious question.. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

airwolex wrote:Osaze any day. Babatunde actually surprised me yesterday with a couple of good moves but he is still definitely playing at a level a couple of steps too high for him; at least he showed that he's a professional footballer which is more than I can say for Rueben Gabriel...I find it difficult to believe that this guy is a pro baller.
This. He had a great pass to Moses i believe..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Babatunde must be doing something in training that he probably hasn't garnered the confidence to do in open play. He is either trying too hard or is actually a sub par player.

Re Osaze we are now beginning to see the effects of him being out of the team for so long. So he is yet to find his rhythm in Keshi's setup. Also he is probably playing to instruction, which might be compromising his natural game a bit. I suspect he will come good, he is eager to do well..All he needs is a goal to settle himself down
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Osaze, if Osaze is not available, I would go with with Uchebo or Nwofor.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Osaze is just getting back in the team. It's good that Keshi allowed him some playing time in the friendlies and glad he didn't get too physical and avoided injury. Now it's back to the drawing board, blend into the team and ready for Day 1. The focused and combative Osaze will surface in Brazil.

Babatunde what???? Pls don't let me curse someone this morning ooo. Nonsense! :boo:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
nellcarter
Egg
Egg

Post by nellcarter »

Janganza wrote:At this point after all the friendlies, would you start Osaze ahead of Babatunde. Personally I would pick Babatunde over Osaze to start. Babatunde leaves one scratching his head in some of his decisions but he injects urgency in our game something Osaze has not done convincingly.
We know Osaze on his day can single-handily wreck any team ie. the Osaze of Stoke city. Unfortunately we are seeing the Osaze of Cardiff city at the moment.
Take am easy na. Did you expect him to risk injury and then miss the bus to the WC proper?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Chingo Bling wrote:Osaze should play as a main striker/ point man, coming on as a replacement for Emenike.
Babatunde is not even a footballer.

:clap: :clap:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

nellcarter wrote:
Janganza wrote:At this point after all the friendlies, would you start Osaze ahead of Babatunde. Personally I would pick Babatunde over Osaze to start. Babatunde leaves one scratching his head in some of his decisions but he injects urgency in our game something Osaze has not done convincingly.
Take am easy na. Did you expect him to risk injury and then miss the bus to the WC proper?
A very good point.............you just saved Osaze's beacon till the next match.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

This cannot be a serious thread!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

You guys are so funny

Before Keshi came out with his 30: Osaze is the Man
Before the cut to 23: Osaze is a starter
Before the first game: Osaze or Babatunde?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

YemiBrazil wrote:Osaze is just getting back in the team. It's good that Keshi allowed him some playing time in the friendlies and glad he didn't get too physical and avoided injury. Now it's back to the drawing board, blend into the team and ready for Day 1. The focused and combative Osaze will surface in Brazil.

Babatunde what???? Pls don't let me curse someone this morning ooo. Nonsense! :boo:
Omoiya u need to really understand the kind of play Babatunde brings in .. Based on what i've seen so far . babatunde can be a joker ..ace holder .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Sunset wrote:This cannot be a serious thread!!
Osaze has not done much unfortunately to place him above say Babatunde over the last 3 friendlies or so. I earnestly pray to be proved wrong but the signs are not good for Osaze. He was supposed to be the superstar but play like an amateur.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

balo wrote:I want Joel Obi or Haruna over any of them two.
You are off line - my friend. None of those players are available to us in this tournament, as situation forced on us by Keshi.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Odas wrote:
balo wrote:I want Joel Obi or Haruna over any of them two.
You are off line - my friend. None of those players are available to us in this tournament, as situation forced on us by Keshi.
Both are still available due to UWa's injury. I don't think Haruna is up for any serious consideration though since he hasn't been part of the set up at all and keshi hasn't indicated he is interested in any way shape or form in involving him. I really hope we add another quality midfielder, we are too sparse in the middle.