Super eagles and friendly matches

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Super eagles and friendly matches

Post by marko »

Recent friendly games have given so much cause for concern, Nigerians dont tend to do well in friendly matches leading up to world cup, last time they performed credibly was in 2002 when they beat the scottish and Jamaica and went out in the first round having lost against Argentina and Sweden, drew against England, picking up just 1 point!! one major issue i have noticed is Nigeria needs to play at 100% capacity to get a result, especially a win, of course the players will never give 100% for fear of getting injured, that is quite understandable, at the same time other countries, especially the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Germany, netherlands, Italy, Spain can afford to play friendly games at 50-60% of their abilities and still get a win, these teams know how to do everything neccessary to win these types of friendly games, all this without major injuries, Nigerian football has not got to that level, thats why these countries always perform credibly, Maybe the Nigerians fans are living in fantasy about the true value of the super eagles, some believe they can get to the semi finals, lady luck can only take you so far in football, no country has ever won the world cup on luck or got to the finals by luck, they are often well prepared, well drilled, often with 5-6 world class winners who step up their game when needed, does Nigeria have these types of players?? who will step up when the chips are down and carry the entire team or drive the team forward?

I believe the first game against Iran will speak volumes of how Nigeria will perform, we are not talking about a win here, we are talking about a good performance to boost confidence and self belief, Nigerians are lucky they dont have to face Argentina first, what if Bosnia beats Argentina?? then Argentina need a win against Nigeria at all costs? so much to think about
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko