Yaya Toure ready to play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

African Star
Egg
Egg
Yaya Toure ready to play

Post by African Star »

13 Jun 2014

AFP

Côte d’Ivoire coach Sabri Lamouchi said on Friday that all his squad were "ready to play" in Saturday's World Cup opener against Japan, suggesting that Manchester City star Yaya Toure will feature.

"All my players are ready to play on Saturday but I can't say they are all 100 percent," Lamouchi said when questioned about Yaya Toure, who has been struggling with a hamstring problem since the end of the English Premier League season last month. "Some have had little problems, but they have recovered well and everyone is available."

That includes veteran striker Didier Drogba, who had himself been hampered by a groin problem in recent weeks but is in line to feature in the Group C encounter at the Pernambuco Arena in the north-eastern coastal city of Recife.

"Didier Drogba is doing great. He has fully overcome the injury he suffered playing for Galatasaray," said Lamouchi. He has had to make enormous sacrifices to make it here. His experience will be very useful."

"Some have had little problems, but they have recovered well and everyone is available."

Sabri Lamouchi, Côte d'Ivoire coach

At 42, Frenchman Lamouchi is the youngest coach in the World Cup and he could be the first person to lead the Elephants to the tournament's knockout stages.

In 2006 and 2010 they were eliminated in the group-phase, and Lamouchi tried to play down some expectations surrounding his side this time, saying: "I don't think it will be easier this time. Anyone can progress. I would say Colombia are slight favourites, even without (the injured Radamel) Falcao."

RELATED ITEMS

Http://m.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/ ... 70556.html
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach