Got the scoreline wrong, but predicted a lot about the game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Got the scoreline wrong, but predicted a lot about the game

Post by Tbite »

Bosnia are definitely beatable by Nigeria on our day! Heck even Argentina are beatable on our day! And I am not joking or being patriotic!

I am not saying we are better than either of them, but if we play our best football, I honestly believe both of them are beatable! We have played against better teams than these two countries and put up good performances in the past!

Bosnia will play the type of football that Nigeria like! Free flowing football! Nigeria has ALWAYS played its best football, against teams like Argentina and Bosnia that attack! Watch the World Cup in 2010! Our best match in the tournament was actually against Argentina, not Greece or South Korea! Had it not been for that illegal goal that Heinze scored (Obasi was impeded), we would have gotten something!

I have seen some news coming from the Nigerian camp that we will be changing the lineup a little...I do not think we should be going into too much detail about that, because there might be people listening unless....I blow am for pidgin.

E be like say...that third man for midfield...na hustler e go be! We don dey tink say..maybe na persin wey go fi move ball aroun jejely..like Ejike, Reuben....Azeez but nahh differen differen somtin wey big boss don put for im mind. I been think say na Uchebo or Babatunde wey e go be...and e be like say Babatunde no dey carry last!
So We get this new bobo for that third man....the ones wey dey dia bifor..dem go tanda! That guy wey dem call Osas...im go dey dia too...and the skippo wey dem call yobo, im too fi dey dia!

Like play...like play e even be like say moses don comot for the XI, but bobo dey hustle overtime, e no wan lose am.

So all in all...I see a Starting XI against Bosnia that will have a lot of directness about it. It will be an end to end game. Nigeria will lose the ball a lot, but recover the ball a lot. The match will end 2-1 or 3-1 in either direction! I fi si us knack ball, plenti for middle of park sef!

The third goal will be a very late goal, if it comes!
Tbite wrote:Emenike is not poor! Funnily enough he will be more effective against Bosnia than Iran!

Emenike is definitely not poor! He simply did not want to adjust to how the Iranians were playing and he is too 1 dimensional!

Against a team that does not double mark...he will be a terror! Trust me, the Bosnians will have a difficult time with him! But with that said, he needs to look at what Ameobi and Osaze were doing.......making good off the ball runs and getting into good positions! He cannot be muscling his way through all the time. That way he can make better use of space, rather than trying to shoot from impossible angles.

If he doesn't feature (Which I think he should) then the following players should take his place as the main striker in this exact order

1 Nwofor
2 Osaze
3 Musa
4 Ameobi
5 Uchebo
Do we bring on Ejike? Ejike is actually primed to play! If only this was a lower grade competition! Ejike shines in the small leagues! Like CHAN or even the ANC, he is not ready for the World Cup. But I don't know, maybe he will just have a breakout! could be a gamble!

Ahmed Musa is the most unintelligent footballer in the world Cup...but he has a great short passing range and great speed! If we make him play simple, he will trouble any team! Few players in this World Cup can match his pace, but most importantly his acceleration! But if Nigeria makes him do too much, he will not only fail, but he will be a liability as well!

Osaze was one of the few footballers we had against Iran! His touch was great, his link up was great and his desire was great. I think he should start! Provided we do not play him in the hole! Just put him as a secondary striker or on the Wing.

Out in the back....I think we are okay. Oboabona is out, due to injury! So that is a concern at central back! However at left back Oshaniwa actually did better than expected! But in saying that, the Iranians hardly pressed us! Sure they countered a bit, but the Bosnians will be more active down that flank! I think he should play!

Omeruo is a rock! One of the few players can actually say did his job thus far! He is one of the best upcoming centrebacks in Europe right now! Of course he will play!

The only issue is, who do we pair him with now? Do we retain Yobo from the last match ending? Yobo was sloppy in the friendlies...but he looked okay against Iran, but once again in saying that the Bosnians will be more active and Yobo is hardly in the best physical state (he is older). The only other option is Azuibuke, who like Ejike might not be primed for the biggest stage. I doubt Odunlami should be considered. Sure he was played out of position against Scotland...at Right back...but still no need for experiments at this stage.

At right back...Ambrose can be a little bit like David Luiz..in the sense, that he is adventurous but sometimes in-disciplined, but all in all he is a good player! He will give us some serious pace on the right flank!

Tactically...I would hope that we push men back in great numbers when the Bosnians counter, because they are taller than us and great aerially! We could very easily concede a goal aerially! So I would like to see defenders like Mikel dropping back to clear the lines! Mikel did a great job defensively against Athletico Madrid in the UCL, he needs to do the same thing now! Dzeko is a beast aerially and so are the other Bosnians!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT