Mikel: Olivier Giroud should have been SENT OFF for elbowing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mikel: Olivier Giroud should have been SENT OFF for elbowing

Post by Bigpokey24 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... ng-me.html

Mikel said: 'Yes I got an elbow and the referee saw it and he only gave him a warning, not even a yellow card, nothing. It was bad. We know the game – if you see it, act on it.
'The ref saw it. He did catch me, I don't know if it was too hard but the intention was definitely there. I don't think he is a dirty player. Everyone wants to win for his country. He hasn't done those sort of things before so maybe it was just one of those things in the heat of the moment
Nigeria were also upset at a succession of challenges on midfielder Ogenyi Onazi, which resulted in the Nigerian being carried of on 59 minutes after a challenge from Blaise Matuid

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... z36DkJ2j8W
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel: Olivier Giroud should have been SENT OFF for elbo

Post by maceo4 »

This is where diving and rolling like u have been shot gets the opponent sent off...other teams get it we don't...Did Kaita make any contact? But the Greek guy sold it to make sure he forced the refs hand...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I know what an Argentine or Spanish player would have done there and Giroud would have received his matching orders! Trust me even if Mikel had fallen down, he would be carded for trying to con the ref for an elbow that did not connect and do any damage. Some natives would also say, it was not a red card offence since his nose was not broken and blood did not flow.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

maceo4 wrote:This is where diving and rolling like u have been shot gets the opponent sent off...other teams get it we don't...Did Kaita make any contact? But the Greek guy sold it to make sure he forced the refs hand...

Exactly. You hear people shouting about how players dive and fake and this and that, this is a prime reason why. No excuse for diving but the ref should have punished Giroud for that.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

the ref was being a total douche. Not that he missed it...he saw it! and he is a FIFA WC ref!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the ref was bad in this game.. the shocking one was when Evra hugged Osaze, this ref went to Evra and warned him not to hug Osaze in the 18 :blink:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

All the card able and punishable offences that could potentially changed the game he saw and decided to ignore by taking a decision that is contrary to what the rule of the law says.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think Enyeama should have done some fraternizing before hand.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I am glad I am not the only one who saw this. I am glad Mikel is saying it.

Sanni Keita did nothing close to that and he got a red.

I wrote about the 3 things they did that were clear violations during the game. I blame keshi for not going ballistic on the side line and asking for a card. That's what all the top coaches do.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Solowe wrote:I am glad I am not the only one who saw this. I am glad Mikel is saying it.

Sanni Keita did nothing close to that and he got a red.

I wrote about the 3 things they did that were clear violations during the game. I blame keshi for not going ballistic on the side line and asking for a card. That's what all the top coaches do.
Trust me even if Keshi had gone ballistic he would have gotten a ban from the sideline and they commentators would call him names again. When it is stacked against you, you cannot win, you just keep trying to climb the slippery slope hoping you will get something to clutch unto.

GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:the ref was being a total douche. Not that he missed it...he saw it! and he is a FIFA WC ref!
Africans need to reconsider our continued participation in the WC. FIFA and its refrees are cheats. Just like IMF, World Bank, G8, etc, they have different rules for African countries that can match the performance of the Europeans and SA countries. We are just there to make the Europeans feel superior.
-Simpli fy -
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Oloye,

I beg to differ. We have to be smarter about it. NFA should have gotten a nice screenshot of the incidents. Tackle on Onazi, elbow on Mikel. During the press conference, bring them up and ask why?
Simple why ?
Until we bring it up, commentators will just keep making snide remarks and comments and referees will keep brushing it off.
Same thing about Racist fans and players. Fifa is not protecting African players. It was too obvious at this WC.

Giroud should have been sent off.
Matuidi should have been sent off.

Evra pretty much grabbed osaze for a corner. I've seen penalties given for much less in the champions league.

When I started a thread that African players were not getting protected, some said we have to be noble. Sorry, noble does not cut it.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

...very sad...very very sad...thank God I was hacked at work and no see the game...and I refused to watch the rematch...Lord knows wetin for don happen while I watch this ref programmed game...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The ref was awful. Even the (normally biased) English fans commenting on the game in the Guardian mentioned that the referee seemed reluctant to punish France's awful fouling on Nigerian players. One fan said the referee seemed determined not to book any French player unless they pulled out machine guns and started shooting Nigerian players.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

juventuss wrote:Oloye,

I beg to differ. We have to be smarter about it. NFA should have gotten a nice screenshot of the incidents. Tackle on Onazi, elbow on Mikel. During the press conference, bring them up and ask why?
Simple why ?
Until we bring it up, commentators will just keep making snide remarks and comments and referees will keep brushing it off.

Giroud should have been sent off.
Matuidi should have been sent off.

Evra pretty much grabbed osaze for a corner. I've seen penalties given for much less in the champions league.

When I started a thread that African players were not getting protected, some said we have to be noble. Sorry, noble does not cut it.
Will that change anything? Looks like you dont understand things work with the press when you do not have the power or control over them. The press will highlight what those who control them want them to highlight. Bring it up to who if i may ask? To BBC, ESPN or ..... Like people have highlighted in some other threads it is time CAF and its technical committee sit down and begin to look at these things with the aim of prevailing upon FIFA instead of waiting for the next opportunity to collect 'egunje' from the next bid that is in the offing.

These are the technical aspects of the game which CAF and it's ref department should be sifting through while drawing the attention of FIFA to this blatant cheating that has been become a recurrent feature in these compromised competitions. Most of these refs come into matches with a tainted view of African teams, the image of African teams we see expressed by the punditry it seems applies to these refs...you see it in their attitude. An African player protests they give them the look as if they are still talking to a slave or a kid. I see all these things in these matches.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:The ref was awful. Even the (normally biased) English fans commenting on the game in the Guardian mentioned that the referee seemed reluctant to punish France's awful fouling on Nigerian players. One fan said the referee seemed determined not to book any French player unless they pulled out machine guns and started shooting Nigerian players.
MAy be they are saying that because the English dont like the french... :D

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I know you guys don't like when players whine for the someone in the other team to be sent off but this is why they do it! Mikel should have raised hell during the game and not have been an ATF style complainer.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kalani JR wrote:I know you guys don't like when players whine for the someone in the other team to be sent off but this is why they do it! Mikel should have raised hell during the game and not have been an ATF style complainer.
They do it because they have realised it affects the game..it gives them the advantage. What natives dont know is that getting your opponents sent off is now part of the tactics applied in the game. Look at the way Robben dived..the olympics gymnast and divers have nothing on him. Cheating is now part of the game...don't mind all those shouting stamp out cheating they are two faced lying cheats themselves.

If Mikel had done that to Giroud , he would have screamed blue murder and even Hollande would be crying that Mikel be brought before the ICJ for human rights abuse.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Funny thing, Klinnsmann has already put the ref that will referee the game against them and Belgium on notice.

He pretty much is attempting to intimidate both the ref and FIFA.

Now trying to buy calls for his team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cellular wrote:Funny thing, Klinnsmann has already put the ref that will referee the game against them and Belgium on notice.

That is how you do it when playing against big teams..but then he can do it and be heard, he coaches USA, has a big TV network behind him and he is a name respected in World football. If Keshi does that FIFA would sanction him for bringing the game to disrepute.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
Cellular wrote:Funny thing, Klinnsmann has already put the ref that will referee the game against them and Belgium on notice.

That is how you do it when playing against big teams..but then he can do it and be heard, he coaches USA, has a big TV network behind him and he is a name respected in World football. If Keshi does that FIFA would sanction him for bringing the game to disrepute.

Oloye:

I hear you, but I think we should do it anyway. let them sanction. We cant keep quiet because of their sanctions. As Wole Soyinka famously wrote, “The man dies in him who keeps quiet in the face of injustice.”
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If a Brazilian or European player got elbowed like that, we would have gone down as if hit in face by a cruise missile. That is how the "big" teams get opposition players sent off (heck even Pep's Barcelona were masters at "creating" red cards for opposition players). Our players need to get cynical.
kalani JR wrote:I know you guys don't like when players whine for the someone in the other team to be sent off but this is why they do it! Mikel should have raised hell during the game and not have been an ATF style complainer.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

David Moyes once did something like this against Ferguson, worked like a charm.