Mikel: Olivier Giroud should have been SENT OFF for elbowing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel: Olivier Giroud should have been SENT OFF for elbo

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cellular wrote:Funny thing, Klinnsmann has already put the ref that will referee the game against them and Belgium on notice.

He pretty much is attempting to intimidate both the ref and FIFA.

Now trying to buy calls for his team.
That is how you do it when playing against big teams..but then he can do it and be heard, he coaches USA, has a big TV network behind him and he is a name respected in World football. If Keshi does that FIFA would sanction him for bringing the game to disrepute.

Oloye:

I hear you, but I think we should do it anyway. let them sanction. We cant keep quiet because of their sanctions. As Wole Soyinka famously wrote, “The man dies in him who keeps quiet in the face of injustice.”
I agree, just highlighting why Keshi might be restraint from taking the route. When Bosso accused a ref of racism, he did so using the language he knew to express his discontent with the ref...he was the one punished not the actions of the biased ref.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If Robben was our player yesterday, Deschamps would have been sacked by now.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oloye wrote:
juventuss wrote:Oloye,

I beg to differ. We have to be smarter about it. NFA should have gotten a nice screenshot of the incidents. Tackle on Onazi, elbow on Mikel. During the press conference, bring them up and ask why?
Simple why ?
Until we bring it up, commentators will just keep making snide remarks and comments and referees will keep brushing it off.

Giroud should have been sent off.
Matuidi should have been sent off.

Evra pretty much grabbed osaze for a corner. I've seen penalties given for much less in the champions league.

When I started a thread that African players were not getting protected, some said we have to be noble. Sorry, noble does not cut it.
Will that change anything? Looks like you dont understand things work with the press when you do not have the power or control over them. The press will highlight what those who control them want them to highlight. Bring it up to who if i may ask? To BBC, ESPN or ..... Like people have highlighted in some other threads it is time CAF and its technical committee sit down and begin to look at these things with the aim of prevailing upon FIFA instead of waiting for the next opportunity to collect 'egunje' from the next bid that is in the offing.

These are the technical aspects of the game which CAF and it's ref department should be sifting through while drawing the attention of FIFA to this blatant cheating that has been become a recurrent feature in these compromised competitions. Most of these refs come into matches with a tainted view of African teams, the image of African teams we see expressed by the punditry it seems applies to these refs...you see it in their attitude. An African player protests they give them the look as if they are still talking to a slave or a kid. I see all these things in these matches.

I watched all the after the game match reviews on ESPN and bien sports and not one, not once, did any of them mention these incidents.

Their entire view of the match was that match was France should win and they won. Even Rudd Gulit spent the whole time talking about how African teams don't have poise in front of goal, he and others never mentioned anything about Onazi injury.

This is why its very important to have an African analyst on these shows... These Euro guys only see Euro things. All their predictions before the game was that France will destroy Nigeria..as if they never saw us play. They basically thought the French were coming to play Honduras or Switzerland. That French team is not very good. Its bunch of Young guys who have never been to a big competition like this... They were very lucky to win. Their defense sucks, giroud was a joke and for the most part they couldn't figure out what to do until Onazi got injured.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cellular wrote:Funny thing, Klinnsmann has already put the ref that will referee the game against them and Belgium on notice.

That is how you do it when playing against big teams..but then he can do it and be heard, he coaches USA, has a big TV network behind him and he is a name respected in World football. If Keshi does that FIFA would sanction him for bringing the game to disrepute.

Oloye:

I hear you, but I think we should do it anyway. let them sanction. We cant keep quiet because of their sanctions. As Wole Soyinka famously wrote, “The man dies in him who keeps quiet in the face of injustice.”
I agree, just highlighting why Keshi might be restraint from taking the route. When Bosso accused a ref of racism, he did so using the language he knew to express his discontent with the ref...he was the one punished not the actions of the biased ref.

With that we also need to know how to fight the subtle "wars". Bosso could have registered his discontent by selecting his words more carefully and he would have been heard loud and clear.

We can't shy away from getting words out that could have at least get the ref on notice to be fair in his actions.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Solowe wrote:
oloye wrote:

I beg to differ. We have to be smarter about it. NFA should have gotten a nice screenshot of the incidents. Tackle on Onazi, elbow on Mikel. During the press conference, bring them up and ask why?
Simple why ?
Until we bring it up, commentators will just keep making snide remarks and comments and referees will keep brushing it off.

Evra pretty much grabbed osaze for a corner. I've seen penalties given for much less in the champions league.

When I started a thread that African players were not getting protected, some said we have to be noble. Sorry, noble does not cut it.
Will that change anything? Looks like you dont understand things work with the press when you do not have the power or control over them. The press will highlight what those who control them want them to highlight. Bring it up to who if i may ask? To BBC, ESPN or ..... Like people have highlighted in some other threads it is time CAF and its technical committee sit down and begin to look at these things with the aim of prevailing upon FIFA instead of waiting for the next opportunity to collect 'egunje' from the next bid that is in the offing.

These are the technical aspects of the game which CAF and it's ref department should be sifting through while drawing the attention of FIFA to this blatant cheating that has been become a recurrent feature in these compromised competitions. Most of these refs come into matches with a tainted view of African teams, the image of African teams we see expressed by the punditry it seems applies to these refs...you see it in their attitude. An African player protests they give them the look as if they are still talking to a slave or a kid. I see all these things in these matches.

I watched all the after the game match reviews on ESPN and bien sports and not one, not once, did any of them mention these incidents.

Their entire view of the match was that match was France should win and they won. Even Rudd Gulit spent the whole time talking about how African teams don't have poise in front of goal, he and others never mentioned anything about Onazi injury.

This is why its very important to have an African analyst on these shows... These Euro guys only see Euro things. All their predictions before the game was that France will destroy Nigeria..as if they never saw us play. They basically thought the French were coming to play Honduras or Switzerland. That French team is not very good. Its bunch of Young guys who have never been to a big competition like this... They were very lucky to win. Their defense sucks, giroud was a joke and for the most part they couldn't figure out what to do until Onazi got injured.
Imagine if that tackle was on Benzema and we won...they would be celebrating that Benzema injury and be calling our victory cheating..that is how it works with the press over here. The sad thing is that they do not even see it that way..to them they are doing the right things. IF you put a black man there, he is usually one that is compromised like Ian Wright, so eager to please the guys who considered them worthy to sit among the elites of the human race.

I no longer listen to them pundits when an African team is playing, they are either dam out rightly patronizing us or making snide cheeky remarks that barely stops at being overtly racist. I have learnt to tune off from these things. Of course the injury to Onazi means nothing to them..to be honest i dont blame them, they did not set up their stations to please african teams.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oloye wrote:
Solowe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Simple why ?

Imagine if that tackle was on Benzema and we won...they would be celebrating that Benzema injury and be calling our victory cheating..that is how it works with the press over here. The sad thing is that they do not even see it that way..to them they are doing the right things. IF you put a black man there, he is usually one that is compromised like Ian Wright, so eager to please the guys who considered them worthy to sit among the elites of the human race.

I no longer listen to them pundits when an African team is playing, they are either dam out rightly patronizing us or making snide cheeky remarks that barely stops at being overtly racist. I have learnt to tune off from these things. Of course the injury to Onazi means nothing to them..to be honest i dont blame them, they did not set up their stations to please african teams.

They has Suleiman Folarin there for a minute at Bien sports and he spoke very forcefully in favor of African teams and they got rid of him for that... Its a shame. I am sure he would have brought all this to light. A lot of them were Smirking at him on the Air anytime he would speak proudly and favorably about African teams. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised at their reaction to this game.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

oloye wrote:
Solowe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Simple why ?

Egbon, leave matter. If we don't begin to lift ourselves up, we will wait till eternity and forever be the downtrodden people. Bosnia is still crying about the 'good' goal, the commentary around the world is all about their good goal and how they were unlucky. No one is talking of how rubbish they were, no one is talking of chances we missed.

I'm sick of it, we need to lift ourselves up.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
Solowe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Simple why ?

If it had happened to a Drogba or Yaya Toure they'd probably reported it, we just don't have any "star" players in this team, so a 'nobody' getting injured is not going to be mentioned, most people would be like "who is Onazi and why should we care?"...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
Solowe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Simple why ?

Egbon, leave matter. If we don't begin to lift ourselves up, we will wait till eternity and forever be the downtrodden people. Bosnia is still crying about the 'good' goal, the commentary around the world is all about their good goal and how they were unlucky. No one is talking of how rubbish they were, no one is talking of chances we missed.

I'm sick of it, we need to lift ourselves up.
I agree with you with all my heart!

mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Fifa can usr offocial to kick anybody out, Mexico was sent out by fifa.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Simple why ?
Same thing about Racist fans and players. Fifa is not protecting African players. It was too obvious at this WC.

The onus is on Africans to do what the rest of the world is doing. In this life you keep up with the rest of the world. Africa is simply lagging.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Oloye:

With that we also need to know how to fight the subtle "wars". Bosso could have registered his discontent by selecting his words more carefully and he would have been heard loud and clear.

We can't shy away from getting words out that could have at least get the ref on notice to be fair in his actions.
True. I hope our FA "money-sharers" complain about this, and make it a tradition.

This was how the US Women's team went on a smear campaign against the Falcons in '03 as soon as we were grouped with them, claiming our girls were physical and rough. During the game, Abby Wambach elbowed and destroyed Bunmi Kayode's face, with no repercussions from the ref and hi-fives from teammates. I am sure MI5, Nanijoe and the rest who were there remember that incident.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wolverine
Egg
Egg

Post by wolverine »

Bigpokey24 wrote:the ref was bad in this game.. the shocking one was when Evra hugged Osaze, this ref went to Evra and warned him not to hug Osaze in the 18 :blink:
Referee was amateurish. See offence, do nothing, then warn player after ball goes out of play.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:

Oloye:

True. I hope our FA "money-sharers" complain about this, and make it a tradition.

This was how the US Women's team went on a smear campaign against the Falcons in '03 as soon as we were grouped with them, claiming our girls were physical and rough. During the game, Abby Wambach elbowed and destroyed Bunmi Kayode's face, with no repercussions from the ref and hi-fives from teammates. I am sure MI5, Nanijoe and the rest who were there remember that incident.
I was at that game in Philly. It was a physical assault with an intent to cause
bodily injury. It was an outrage. I saw the hi-fives too. They were congratulating
Wambach for it. It was surreal.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
wolverine
Egg
Egg

Post by wolverine »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:the ref was being a total douche. Not that he missed it...he saw it! and he is a FIFA WC ref!
Africans need to reconsider our continued participation in the WC. FIFA and its refrees are cheats. Just like IMF, World Bank, G8, etc, they have different rules for African countries that can match the performance of the Europeans and SA countries. We are just there to make the Europeans feel superior.
:clap: Totally agree.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

We need to bombard twitter (it's got to be useful for something) let BBC sport know that we know their biased & tell them why!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I was at that game in Philly. It was a physical assault with an intent to cause
bodily injury. It was an outrage. I saw the hi-fives too. They were congratulating
Wambach for it. It was surreal.
I know....I could not believe it! Shame we didn't get to meet then...there were many CEs...BA P, Hardman, gadfly, MI5, Nanijoe, Mr. Dolly, etc
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Onazi had "tackled" one of the FIFA golden boys like CR7, Neymar, or Messi like that, the Western press would have gone ape sh*t.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:the ref was bad in this game.. the shocking one was when Evra hugged Osaze, this ref went to Evra and warned him not to hug Osaze in the 18 :blink:
That, IMHO, was the most ridiculous thing.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Huh?! :blink: If a Dutchman was a Nigerian, the French team manager would have been sacked?!
:shock:

anointed wrote:If Robben was our player yesterday, Deschamps would have been sacked by now.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
OBI "Talking Sense"

Post by Senator WIRES »

:shock:
'I thought the referee didn't help us,' said Mikel. 'There were some heavy challenges and I think Ogenyi Onazi has broken his ankle. Challenges like this are bad but it was a 50-50, he just miscaculated, he is not a dirty player.'

Giroud may yet find himself the subject of FIFA disciplinary action and a ban from the quarter final on the basis of video evidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... z36P3U0X51
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:
Solowe wrote:I am glad I am not the only one who saw this. I am glad Mikel is saying it.

Sanni Keita did nothing close to that and he got a red.

I wrote about the 3 things they did that were clear violations during the game. I blame keshi for not going ballistic on the side line and asking for a card. That's what all the top coaches do.
Trust me even if Keshi had gone ballistic he would have gotten a ban from the sideline and they commentators would call him names again. When it is stacked against you, you cannot win, you just keep trying to climb the slippery slope hoping you will get something to clutch unto.
Fraid so.

As soon as Emenike's goal was disallowed and Giroud wasn't sent off I knew the game was up. I even called Matuidi's "tackle" a red card without the benefit of a reply. Frustrating match. :veryangry:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

There might have been a logical reason why SK sent in Reuben Gabriel with his known portfolio......

I'm just sayin..
Advocating rational thought since 1987