Court sacks NFF, minister appoints Administrator

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg
Court sacks NFF, minister appoints Administrator

Post by Mz Pwidy »

Nigeria Football Federation (Photo: Futaa.com)
The minister of sports, Dr Tammy Danagogo has followed a court injunction, and appointed Lawrence Longyir Katken as Acting Secretary General of the NFF.

A Plateau High Court sitting in Jos had on Wednesday July 2, 2014 granted an Order of Interlocutory Injunction restraining the president of the Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, and all connected with the body from running Nigerian football.

Appointment

A notice announcing the appointment of Katken was made available to Futaa.com by the Special Assistant on Media to the minister, Ehidiame Omorodion.

A part of the court order, handed down by Justice P.L Lot, which was included in the release, reads:

- That Interim Injunction is granted restraining the 2nd Defendant, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, and all other purported members of the Executive Committee and Congress of the 1st Defendant (NFF) from further Controlling, Commanding or Managing the Affairs of the 1st defendant and all Football matters in Nigeria pending the hearing, and determination of the Motion on Notice.

Injunction

- An Order of mandatory injunction is granted compelling the 4th Defendant (Minister of Sports) to appoint a senior members of the civil service in the 1st Defendant (NFF) to command, control and manage the Affairs of the said 1st Defendant and the Football matters in Nigeria pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice in this matter.

And in a letter personally signed by the minister to Katken, he said,

- Further to Suit No. PLD/J 342/2014 and an order of mandatory injunction, issuing from Hon. Justice PL Lot,....you (Lawrence Katiken) are hereby directed to act as Secretary General of the NFF, and to take over the full management of the NFF.

- You are to hold this position pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice in the referenced suit.

The Owner of Nembe FC, Mrs Ebiakpo Rumson Baribote (Plaintiff) had through her Counsel, S D Ekara, holding brief of T D Quidon Esq, filed a Suit No PLD/J 342/2014.

Restraining

In the suit, she asked the Court to grant an Order of Interim Injunction restraining the 2nd Defendant, (Alhaji Aminu Miagari) and all the Committee and congress of the 1st Defendant (the Nigeria Football Federation) from further controlling, commanding or managing the Affairs of the 1st Defendant and all Football matters in Nigeria.

This is pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice for Interlocutory Injunction filed in this case.

Justice Lot therefore fixed July 11, 2014 for hearing on the Motion on Notice.

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/c ... inistrator
---Der wr MILLIONS, who wld ve BEEN, but cldn't BE, coz I had to BE---
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Court sacks NFF, minister appoints Administrator

Post by YemiBrazil »

I'm surprised Robbynice and the other knuckleheads have not noticed this Mz Pwidy from Lagos :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

Thought this Nembe city wahala has ended.. What will FIFA say? This is Nembe City V NFF..
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Isn't this govt interference?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dem don finally bring advanced politricks enta football...

Now to go shopping around for judges...

Why didn't Chief Sege and others think about going this route bifor bifor...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

Hubby introduced me to CE.. I graduated from Lagos, now live with ma hubby in Phc.
YemiBrazil wrote:I'm surprised Robbynice and the other knuckleheads have not noticed this Mz Pwidy from Lagos :D
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

niyi wrote:Isn't this govt interference?
Unfortunately Yes, at least from FIFA's perspective.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Mz Pwidy wrote:Hubby introduced me to CE.. I graduated from Lagos, now live with ma hubby in Phc.
YemiBrazil wrote:I'm surprised Robbynice and the other knuckleheads have not noticed this Mz Pwidy from Lagos :D
Are you paparassi bot's alter-ego? There's something familiar about your bot-like "fact of the day" style of writing.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

Not really. GEJ and Baribote not in the same camp. Baribote belongs to the APC in Bayelsa politics. He is seen as a Timi Silva's boy. I think this case has been lingering for some time.. Danagogo only following due process.
niyi wrote:Isn't this govt interference?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Mz Pwidy wrote:Hubby introduced me to CE.. I graduated from Lagos, now live with ma hubby in Phc.
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's cool. I hope you don't support any of the two uselessest teams in Africa - OjoroDolphins and WuruwuruSharks.
Also, beware of some Port Harcourt PDP-Abroad thugs on CE especially the youth leader, Uncle 1naira - you can report him to Uncle Cellular if he starts calling you madam or start cracking jokes about Dollar/Naira exchange rate :D .

Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

lol.. I know Zoro.. He was at our Trad wedding. I am now Rivers but still in love with Enyimba FC..
YemiBrazil wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's cool. I hope you don't support any of the two uselessest teams in Africa - OjoroDolphins and WuruwuruSharks.
Also, beware of some Port Harcourt PDP-Abroad thugs on CE especially the youth leader, Uncle 1naira - you can report him to Uncle Cellular if he starts calling you madam or start cracking jokes about Dollar/Naira exchange rate :D .
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Oh happy day :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
President GEJ :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: till 2019.......................damn, it looks like the NFF criminals :curse: finally got nailed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

zee wrote:Oh happy day :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
President GEJ :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: till 2019.......................damn, it looks like the NFF criminals :curse: finally got nailed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
my bro, how body? I hope the new set of guys understand how to manage?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Sir V wrote:

Oga mi SirV :mrgreen: .................how bodi?
Una fit qualify for Afcon 2015 :mrgreen: , now when e dey like SA don carry the 'father of coaching' :thumbs: aka the MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: .

Make you prepare yourself for a 'NigeriaLESS' 2018 and 2022 worldcups :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

Interesting. Is this for real?

Long Live King Obi!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Una fit qualify for Afcon 2015 :mrgreen: , now when e dey like SA don carry the 'father of coaching' :thumbs: aka the MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: .

Make you prepare yourself for a 'NigeriaLESS' 2018 and 2022 worldcups :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Are you a fan of Keshi or a fan of Nigerian football? I don't get it anymore.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Doubtful. FIFA knows that something is very wrong with African football and they can't turn a blind eye anymore, especially with their convenient "stance" on government intervention. Nigeria could easily argue that this is being due to the exact corruption that FIFA was embarrassed about last week.

Besides, FIFA won't do shite to Nigeria anyways. They are a little...distracted...right now.

Long Live King Obi!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Mek World Cup finish first. Once FIFA turn their eye face naija, we go see who remain standing then, this na initial gragra
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Has 3SC been relegated to Div 2 yet? if there is any Div 2 in Naija. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Eaglemaniac
Egg
Egg

Post by Eaglemaniac »

platinum wrote:Mek World Cup finish first. Once FIFA turn their eye face naija, we go see who remain standing then, this na initial gragra
Dust will settle by the time they do that. With a well crafted arguement from the government, FIFA will be too consumed the $$$$ they made at the WC to GAF.

Long Live King Obi!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Mz Pwidy wrote:lol.. I know Zoro.. He was at our Trad wedding. I am now Rivers but still in love with Enyimba FC..
YemiBrazil wrote:
Trust Uncle Zoro not to miss any event where they serve big stout and nkwobi :D

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

cito us wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Has 3SC been relegated to Div 2 yet? if there is any Div 2 in Naija. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Don't disrespected Nigeria's foremost clubside please - we are only hibernating for now and will be back as usual :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YemiBrazil wrote:
cito us wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Don't disrespected Nigeria's foremost clubside please - we are only hibernating for now and will be back as usual :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Hibernation ko, congregation ni. What position wey una dey for your hibernating league? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."