Court sacks NFF, minister appoints Administrator

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Court sacks NFF, minister appoints Administrator

Post by ohenhen1 »

How many times have a court with no legal grounds sacked the NFF in Nigeria?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

The same ole Zoro :sneaky:
Mz Pwidy wrote:lol.. I know Zoro.. He was at our Trad wedding. I am now Rivers but still in love with Enyimba FC..
YemiBrazil wrote:
Mz Pwidy wrote:Hubby introduced me to CE.. I graduated from Lagos, now live with ma hubby in Phc.
YemiBrazil wrote:I'm surprised Robbynice and the other knuckleheads have not noticed this Mz Pwidy from Lagos :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's cool. I hope you don't support any of the two uselessest teams in Africa - OjoroDolphins and WuruwuruSharks.
Also, beware of some Port Harcourt PDP-Abroad thugs on CE especially the youth leader, Uncle 1naira - you can report him to Uncle Cellular if he starts calling you madam or start cracking jokes about Dollar/Naira exchange rate :D .
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Mz Pwidy wrote:Nigeria Football Federation (Photo: Futaa.com)
The minister of sports, Dr Tammy Danagogo has followed a court injunction, and appointed Lawrence Longyir Katken as Acting Secretary General of the NFF.

A Plateau High Court sitting in Jos had on Wednesday July 2, 2014 granted an Order of Interlocutory Injunction restraining the president of the Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, and all connected with the body from running Nigerian football.

Appointment

A notice announcing the appointment of Katken was made available to Futaa.com by the Special Assistant on Media to the minister, Ehidiame Omorodion.

A part of the court order, handed down by Justice P.L Lot, which was included in the release, reads:

- That Interim Injunction is granted restraining the 2nd Defendant, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, and all other purported members of the Executive Committee and Congress of the 1st Defendant (NFF) from further Controlling, Commanding or Managing the Affairs of the 1st defendant and all Football matters in Nigeria pending the hearing, and determination of the Motion on Notice.

Injunction

- An Order of mandatory injunction is granted compelling the 4th Defendant (Minister of Sports) to appoint a senior members of the civil service in the 1st Defendant (NFF) to command, control and manage the Affairs of the said 1st Defendant and the Football matters in Nigeria pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice in this matter.

And in a letter personally signed by the minister to Katken, he said,

- Further to Suit No. PLD/J 342/2014 and an order of mandatory injunction, issuing from Hon. Justice PL Lot,....you (Lawrence Katiken) are hereby directed to act as Secretary General of the NFF, and to take over the full management of the NFF.

- You are to hold this position pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice in the referenced suit.

The Owner of Nembe FC, Mrs Ebiakpo Rumson Baribote (Plaintiff) had through her Counsel, S D Ekara, holding brief of T D Quidon Esq, filed a Suit No PLD/J 342/2014.

Restraining

In the suit, she asked the Court to grant an Order of Interim Injunction restraining the 2nd Defendant, (Alhaji Aminu Miagari) and all the Committee and congress of the 1st Defendant (the Nigeria Football Federation) from further controlling, commanding or managing the Affairs of the 1st Defendant and all Football matters in Nigeria.

This is pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice for Interlocutory Injunction filed in this case.

Justice Lot therefore fixed July 11, 2014 for hearing on the Motion on Notice.

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/c ... inistrator
Master stroke from the government. GEJ tried to do this when he first came in, but not fully understanding the politics, pulled out. Now, his hands are strengthened and he will go for the jurgular this time, knowing FIFA will be powerless to do anything. M understanding of Nigerian politics makes we assume the following:

1. This is a shot across the bow to the current set of administrators - do not even think of taking on the Federal government
2. With elections due in the NFF in a couple of months, fully expect the government to maneuver the defeat of majority of the current members, especially Chris Green
3. Government will ensure that monies due from FIFA in 4 months is shared by government and NOT the NFF. They will take their pound of flesh.
4. Its now clear that the President is backing Keshi to the last, and on this I am very happy. Keshi though must not abuse that trust
5. I will not be surprised that the EFCC will act quickly to bring 'charges' against some current members to stop any attempt to escalate this to a FIFA matter.

This is a turning point moment for football in Nigeria. If and when the new elections are called, I would love to see a man like Chxta contest for a position. Same with Rivers Boy. These guys have more passion and knowledge than a majority of the current administrators. Time to start mobilising for them.
To stop trying is to start dying
Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

Chairman to save them
*Muazu got two business class slots to Brazil as bribe
*Chairmen of FA meets in Abuja to review development

As the Jos High Court interim injunction hit the news waves, the sacked chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) who were in London were reportedly shocked. They had to call an emergency ‘board’ meeting where it was resolved to secure the services of the PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Muazu, who is a son-in-law of Alhaji Aminu Maigari, the NFF President.

Our sources told http://www.gongnews.net that the NFF had envisioned that their adversaries can stump them out in any manner and in order to secure the support of the National Chairman of the ruling PDP, they took two business class tickets and estacode to the chairman.

When we took the ticket and cash there, as if the man knew, he asked ‘hope this ticket and cash has no back lash and he was assured that there is no backlash of any sort.

By this morning, they would have arrived the country from London.

However, chairmen of the 36 Football Association and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) will be having an emergency meeting today in Abuja to review the latest development. Sources told this newspaper that the FA chairmen in view of superior arguments of the necessity for football matter to be taken outside the regular court system may have resolved to ratify the sack of the illegal Maigari board, approve a return to the nomenclature of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) which is the only legal instrument that the law of the land recognises and summarily end the tenure of the controversial Aminu Maigari tenure.

The source, which pleaded anonymity told this reporter that with the existing two judgments from Justices Okon Abang of the Federal High Court Lagos and Donatus Okorowa of the Federal High Court Abuja, the most sensible thing to do is to revert back to the NFA and use this opportunity, a rare one, to correct the major structural errors that had ravaged and pulled Nigerian football to the dirty and murky waters that the Maigari administration further entrenched the game.

http://www.gongnews.net/nff-sack-chieft ... om-london/
---Der wr MILLIONS, who wld ve BEEN, but cldn't BE, coz I had to BE---
Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

Muazu the PDP chairman is inlaw to Maigari.. He may save them.. NFF may need to revert to NFA.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Mz Pwidy wrote:Muazu the PDP chairman is inlaw to Maigari.. He may save them.. NFF may need to revert to NFA.
I actually expected Maigari to survive this, but Chris Green will definitely be a victim. He has to go. That will be central to resolving the issues. Government will also ensure as much as possible that majority of the current members are not insitu when the FIFA money arrives, so I fully expect perpetual injunctions until after that event. This is in the overall best interest of Nigeria.
To stop trying is to start dying
Mz Pwidy
Egg
Egg

Post by Mz Pwidy »

I think so too.. Lets wait and see..
Shownoja wrote:
Mz Pwidy wrote:Muazu the PDP chairman is inlaw to Maigari.. He may save them.. NFF may need to revert to NFA.
I actually expected Maigari to survive this, but Chris Green will definitely be a victim. He has to go. That will be central to resolving the issues. Government will also ensure as much as possible that majority of the current members are not insitu when the FIFA money arrives, so I fully expect perpetual injunctions until after that event. This is in the overall best interest of Nigeria.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Do these guys know that NFF is untouchable? (FIFA pickin)
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!