Open letter to the Sideways Cassava Farmer

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Open letter to the Sideways Cassava Farmer

Post by Bigpokey24 »

some of you guys are funny , make una no use una anger towards the great Bigpokey24 to yawa the best thing to ever happen to Nigerian football

una boy yaya toure can keep winning APOY , while Mikel keeps winning AFCON and setting records with our first worldcup win and advancement to the 2nd round , who knows 2018 Mikel can set new records in Russia..
:Mikel said we don't have a maradona, we are a team " TEAM 8-)

boywonder laughing at haters while taking Nigerian football to greater heights 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

CE people won't give BigPokey any rest.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video] 8-)
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:Dis guy don finish Mikelele like Fat Piggy finishes a bag of fufu! :lol: :lol:
Open Letter To Nigeria Midfielder, Mikel Obi

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Mikel,

I’ve just been looking at you… I’ve just sat down in this my corner and I’ve been looking at you and the rubbish that you played in this World Cup. God knows if I had told you what was on my mind before now, FIFA would have banned Nigeria from competitive football for at least 5 years.

Before the competition kicked off proper majority of Nigerians believed you would be key to the team’s chances, and if you had a good tournament the team would too. We had some concerns after the first few friendlies in which you played absolute rubbish, but optimistically waved your performances away chalking it down to the non-competitiveness of friendly games.

Oya the World Cup started and it was time to step up to the plate. Apparently you left your plate back on the bench at Chelsea where you have a designated spot complete with a power outlet to charge your phone while the games are played :lol: :lol: . Against Iran Nigerians cringed to watch you stroll round the midfield like you were the reigning World Footballer of the Year, losing the ball time and time again with your ‘big-man’ passes and over-exposing poor Ogenyi Onazi as you refused to help defend. Okay, maybe it’s because it’s Iran and Mikel will step up against Bosnia, we said. Wishful thinking. We suffered through another lethargic performance in which you were nearly invisible and we saw more of the linesmen than your o.t.u arse. Thank God for Osaze and Emenike, two of our standout performers at the competition for combining sweetly and bagging the goal that won the game for us. Their excellent performances overshadowed your disappointing showing. Osaze, a 32-year old player was running his lungs out that day while Mikel, reportedly 27 years old (although we know better) was walking about the middle of the park like he was at a picnic. We sha won that game without your contribution…

Argentina vs Nigeria. The BIG day! The game we qualified for the World Cup to play! On one hand, we had the MVP of the 2005 U-20 World Cup Leo Messi and on the other we had the MVP runner-up in the same competition, Mikel Obi. It was expected that both ‘stars’ would renew their rivalry and influence the game for both their sides…We all saw how the story played out… Messi was in supreme form, scoring two sweet goals while Mikel Obi turned in another anonymous, god-awful performance that must have had Jose Mourinho frantically working the phones to managers of lower-league sides, trying to sell his professional bench-warmer to any club dumb enough to take a gamble on him.

Three games, no Mikel Obi… Unlike 2005 where he and Taiye Taiwo (who was 3rd most valuable player) were old men bullying their juniors and forming stars :lol: :lol: , Mikel was competing in a tournament of his mates and was brutally exposed as a lazy player whose style of play was a big minus to his team. Remember that Messi is supposed to be your ‘mate’ o, but in terms of achievements he has completely dwarfed the hell out of you since your breakout tournament in 2005. Want to know some of your other ‘mates’ at that tournament? Fernando Llorente, David Silva, Pablo Zabaleta, and Radamel Falcao. Can you compare yourself in terms of skill and global reputation with these players you broke out with? Have you watched them play for their National sides? Have you seen their passion and commitment to winning for their countries? Would you rate yourself at par with them?

Dear Mikel, as I kept watching you play rubbish I asked myself if you would put in the same performance if Mourinho was generous enough to field you. Would you remorselessly keep losing the ball like a secondary school player if you were playing at Chelsea, especially as there are more than 5 top players who can play in your position and keep you on the bench where you have been perpetually? Is it safe to think you believe you are doing Nigeria a favour by putting on the Green-White-Green? It is one thing to be an Ahmed Musa who is a frustrating player but gives his best (within the limits of his skill) and it is another to be a Mikel, an overhyped, frustratingly lethargic player who never seems to turn up when he is expected to. While your arse left a permanent imprint on the Chelsea bench last season a number of Nigerian football fans kept asking why Mourinho didn’t play you…Now we see clearly why, with you lack of forward movement and your penchant for only passing sideways. There’s really nothing special about you, n*gga. If I compare your play to the lady who plays in your position for the Falcons, I’m 100% sure she contributes more to the team than you.

My advice to you? Get ready for a sale to Leeds or West Brom or Charlton, as those are the kind of teams Mourinho is probably going to flog you to. If you like when you get there continue playing your big man football and see where that gets you. And if you don’t want to play for Nigeria, you can be going. As sure as the PDP is going to rig the hell out of the 2015 General Elections, we will definitely find a better, more committed player to take over the position you are occupying so disdainfully. I don’t know if it’s because you have a misguided superiority complex that you will refuse to pass the ball and be shielding it like an ode when an opponent comes close to you. Even when you mercifully agree to pass, 3 out of 5 passes are either sideways or you lose the ball. Maybe you aren’t completely to blame…Stephen Keshi should have been brave enough to bench the hell out of you given your dead performances. You claim to be an experienced player, but didn’t have the good sense to drop to the ground and get the referee to send Giroud off for that elbow on you. If he had been sent off, maybe we would have killed off France with our numerical advantage (seeing as we had them on the ropes for most of the game without your help) and we woulda made the quarters. Defence you no get, Attack you no get, sense you no get. Rubbish.

I’m done, cuz…I’m done. Just feck off.
http://bayyou11.com/open-letter-to-nige ... mikel-obi/
Lawd have mercy. :scared: :scared:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Mikel was disappointing. I think he should be relieved of his duty for 12 months. Let him concentrate on his club career so he can get some playing time. Haruna did way better than Mikel did this WC -and we were told that Haruna didn't have a good tournament despite him being the highest rated Naija players that tournament.

Anyway, there are players who should be groomed. The time is now. In fact, Naija should start grooming different sets of players. No need for Emenike, Obi, Osas, Onazi, Enyeamagnet, Ambrose, Ejide, Moses should play the next AFCON. Nigeria should use the next AFCON to give other established players the chance to proof themselves. It will help in the long run. By 2018 Naija should have two solid teams whereby any player on the bench is as capable as the ones on the pitch.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Many fans are turned off by his arrogance, compare him to Emenike, who by all accounts also had a bad tournament - No goals. No one is trying to crucify him (Emenike)... :idea:
lukemana wrote:Brother, how did I make this complicated? The brothers have been pounding on Mikel Obi and my "rebuttal" was NOT about his disrespecting of his peers but rather an attempt to explain his lacustre performance against Les Francais. So how did I make this complicated? Please enlighten me, may be I will learn something... may be I was doing something wrong that I was not aware of.
Cheers!!!
asabatex wrote:Lukeman--you make this too complicated. It is not a big that Mikel had a bad tournment, but his disrespect for his colleagues ( Osaze and Azeez) and fans, have turned many against him

lukemana wrote:
ugly boy wrote:
lukemana wrote:Mankind!!! You have all forgotten the good he did last year in South Africa and now sending him to the gas chamber because he didn't play well this time around! Man will ALWAYS be man!

Cheers!!!
That's not the issue here. Mikel did not even put in a decent effort. We understand when someone has limited talent like Babatunde and give the SE 120% effort. However when a person plays big man football and starts yelling at his teammates when he loses the ball, that person does not belong on the team.
Bro, have U ever practiced a sport competitively? I will assume YES for the sake of this conversation. Have U played well in ALL games/matches that you partook in? If you are honest, the answer is NO! All players, all professionals have at least once in their lifetime what we call A BAD DAY IN THE OFFICE! This is what I assume happened to Mikel Obi in this case. He just wasn't in the game against France...it just wsn't his day!

Believe me, this happened to me in a Table Tennis game in 1983; it was my last competition before coming to the US. I defeated the #1 Ghanaian player in the semi (his name was Seth Darko) and lost to an underdog in the finals. I just wasn't in the game...as if someone had tied me with a rope.There were 2 instances when the ball was at least 4 feet high and I still smashed it into the net. Those things happened!

Look at what happened to Brazil against Germany! Who could have predicted such a disaster??? I was in a meeting at work during the game and when my son texted me that the score 5 nil at the half time, I thought my son made a mistake and assumed it was Brazil leading 5 - 0. You should have seen the expression on my face when I came back to my desk and checked the score on the web!!!

It will be fair to write off Mikel Obi completely if he has 3 or 4 bad games; such uis NOT the case here since his perfomance against the Persians (Iran) was not bad at all!

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Cheers!!!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:this WC was meant to be Mikel's answer to his critics. He was meant to show the world what he can really do. I defended him through thick and thin for so many years. But what did he do? He betrayed me and many other Nigerian fans and made new enemies!

He is done- there is zero chance of him getting regular games at CFC. It is obvious he has not worked hard enough on becoming a world class player. I remember Mourinho had to humiliate him in the press back in his 1st spell because Mikel constantly came late to training. Pitiful. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:clap: :clap: :clap: He was my favourite Eagle since after the youth WC. For a long time, I stuck with him thinking it was Mourinho but this WC showed clearly that the man is everything you wrote above and possibly even worse. There's this beautiful poem about unrealised talent that someone posted on CE. Mikel fits that poem to a tee.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:[/video]

what a shame...
See man on da street doing an excellent job of analysing the SE performance.
-Simpli fy -
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Dis guy don finish Mikelele like Fat Piggy finishes a bag of fufu! :lol: :lol:

Dear Mikel,

I’ve just been looking at you… I’ve just sat down in this my corner and I’ve been looking at you and the rubbish that you played in this World Cup. God knows if I had told you what was on my mind before now, FIFA would have banned Nigeria from competitive football for at least 5 years.

Before the competition kicked off proper majority of Nigerians believed you would be key to the team’s chances, and if you had a good tournament the team would too. We had some concerns after the first few friendlies in which you played absolute rubbish, but optimistically waved your performances away chalking it down to the non-competitiveness of friendly games.

Oya the World Cup started and it was time to step up to the plate. Apparently you left your plate back on the bench at Chelsea where you have a designated spot complete with a power outlet to charge your phone while the games are played :lol: :lol: . Against Iran Nigerians cringed to watch you stroll round the midfield like you were the reigning World Footballer of the Year, losing the ball time and time again with your ‘big-man’ passes and over-exposing poor Ogenyi Onazi as you refused to help defend. Okay, maybe it’s because it’s Iran and Mikel will step up against Bosnia, we said. Wishful thinking. We suffered through another lethargic performance in which you were nearly invisible and we saw more of the linesmen than your o.t.u arse. Thank God for Osaze and Emenike, two of our standout performers at the competition for combining sweetly and bagging the goal that won the game for us. Their excellent performances overshadowed your disappointing showing. Osaze, a 32-year old player was running his lungs out that day while Mikel, reportedly 27 years old (although we know better) was walking about the middle of the park like he was at a picnic. We sha won that game without your contribution…

Argentina vs Nigeria. The BIG day! The game we qualified for the World Cup to play! On one hand, we had the MVP of the 2005 U-20 World Cup Leo Messi and on the other we had the MVP runner-up in the same competition, Mikel Obi. It was expected that both ‘stars’ would renew their rivalry and influence the game for both their sides…We all saw how the story played out… Messi was in supreme form, scoring two sweet goals while Mikel Obi turned in another anonymous, god-awful performance that must have had Jose Mourinho frantically working the phones to managers of lower-league sides, trying to sell his professional bench-warmer to any club dumb enough to take a gamble on him.

Three games, no Mikel Obi… Unlike 2005 where he and Taiye Taiwo (who was 3rd most valuable player) were old men bullying their juniors and forming stars :lol: :lol: , Mikel was competing in a tournament of his mates and was brutally exposed as a lazy player whose style of play was a big minus to his team. Remember that Messi is supposed to be your ‘mate’ o, but in terms of achievements he has completely dwarfed the hell out of you since your breakout tournament in 2005. Want to know some of your other ‘mates’ at that tournament? Fernando Llorente, David Silva, Pablo Zabaleta, and Radamel Falcao. Can you compare yourself in terms of skill and global reputation with these players you broke out with? Have you watched them play for their National sides? Have you seen their passion and commitment to winning for their countries? Would you rate yourself at par with them?

Dear Mikel, as I kept watching you play rubbish I asked myself if you would put in the same performance if Mourinho was generous enough to field you. Would you remorselessly keep losing the ball like a secondary school player if you were playing at Chelsea, especially as there are more than 5 top players who can play in your position and keep you on the bench where you have been perpetually? Is it safe to think you believe you are doing Nigeria a favour by putting on the Green-White-Green? It is one thing to be an Ahmed Musa who is a frustrating player but gives his best (within the limits of his skill) and it is another to be a Mikel, an overhyped, frustratingly lethargic player who never seems to turn up when he is expected to. While your arse left a permanent imprint on the Chelsea bench last season a number of Nigerian football fans kept asking why Mourinho didn’t play you…Now we see clearly why, with you lack of forward movement and your penchant for only passing sideways. There’s really nothing special about you, n*gga. If I compare your play to the lady who plays in your position for the Falcons, I’m 100% sure she contributes more to the team than you.

My advice to you? Get ready for a sale to Leeds or West Brom or Charlton, as those are the kind of teams Mourinho is probably going to flog you to. If you like when you get there continue playing your big man football and see where that gets you. And if you don’t want to play for Nigeria, you can be going. As sure as the PDP is going to rig the hell out of the 2015 General Elections, we will definitely find a better, more committed player to take over the position you are occupying so disdainfully. I don’t know if it’s because you have a misguided superiority complex that you will refuse to pass the ball and be shielding it like an ode when an opponent comes close to you. Even when you mercifully agree to pass, 3 out of 5 passes are either sideways or you lose the ball. Maybe you aren’t completely to blame…Stephen Keshi should have been brave enough to bench the hell out of you given your dead performances. You claim to be an experienced player, but didn’t have the good sense to drop to the ground and get the referee to send Giroud off for that elbow on you. If he had been sent off, maybe we would have killed off France with our numerical advantage (seeing as we had them on the ropes for most of the game without your help) and we woulda made the quarters. Defence you no get, Attack you no get, sense you no get. Rubbish.

Lawd have mercy. :scared: :scared:
That letter sounded like 'Stan' and Eminem... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

kolinzo wrote:Mikel was disappointing. I think he should be relieved of his duty for 12 months. Let him concentrate on his club career so he can get some playing time. Haruna did way better than Mikel did this WC -and we were told that Haruna didn't have a good tournament despite him being the highest rated Naija players that tournament.

Anyway, there are players who should be groomed. The time is now. In fact, Naija should start grooming different sets of players. No need for Emenike, Obi, Osas, Onazi, Enyeamagnet, Ambrose, Ejide, Moses should play the next AFCON. Nigeria should use the next AFCON to give other established players the chance to proof themselves. It will help in the long run. By 2018 Naija should have two solid teams whereby any player on the bench is as capable as the ones on the pitch.
Haruna of 2010 and Mikel of 2014 were equally unimpressive. I don't know who rated Haruna the best Nigerian player of the tournament, but it is probably the same person who came back four years later to name Mikel the Man of the Match against Iran.

We keep going on this path of arguing we should have used X player instead of Y player, but the team's output strangely remains the same regardless of which one we use. When people say they were "surprised" by Oshaniwa, Babatunde and Yobo, what people mean is the output was the same as it is when the starters are available.

It used to be that Enyeama, Mikel and Yobo were the exceptions who were clearly head-and-shoulders better than the other Nigerian players in their positions .... but Yobo is at the end of his career (100 caps), and the version of Mikel that played at the 2014 World Cup would not have been missed if he had been replaced by any other match-fit Nigerian DM/CM.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Nothing more to add
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Always looking sideways...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

YemiBrazil wrote:CE people won't give BigPokey any rest.
Pokey is either mad or in love with Mikel, how can he come here with a straight face and defend Mikel????
Mikel let down the whole nation down and failed to impress potential buyers.
I was really banking on Mikel showing up like he did at ANC :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wale1974 wrote:Pokey is either mad or in love with Mikel, how can he come here with a straight face and defend Mikel????
I was really banking on Mikel showing up like he did at ANC :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
He is both - madly in love.
http://www.naijiant.com/
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

cic old boy wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Pokey is either mad or in love with Mikel, how can he come here with a straight face and defend Mikel????
He is both - madly in love.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Wicked man
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Dear Mikel,

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:

what a shame...
See man on da street doing an excellent job of analysing the SE performance.
That youtube still cracks me up, if I were Mikel, I'll retire asap from SE.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Okocha10 wrote:

what a shame...
So many Quotables for this interview!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :)
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mikel did not even have the sense to flop when Giroud elbowed him :curse: Can we just banish him to the falcons already????
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

what a shame...
"mikel obi is a bag of fufu"
:rotf: :rotf:
funny sh1t
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I will ensure that loser in that video gets the beating of his life..smh
SuperEagles

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I will ensure that loser in that video gets the beating of his life..smh
Will that be before or after you buy Cyber Eagles? :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

I blame Stephen Keshi for all the craps played by Mikel. A real coach would've benched his a$$ after the Iran game, but Keshi was too timid to take on Mikel. He gave Mikel the impression that his position is safe so Mikel took advantage of that to do whatever he wants. And some folks would try to tell me that Keshi is bold and decisive. Yea right! :roll:

Keshi is a coward. He only knows how to scheme and manipulate people. And that's the tactics he used as the Super Eagles captain. Don't even get me started on that dude sef
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer