Why Are There No Black Men on Argentina's Roster?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joplass
Egg
Egg
Why Are There No Black Men on Argentina's Roster?

Post by joplass »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/rachel-dec ... 71761.html

The article is too long to post here I was almost in tears after reading it. Argentina is more racists than Russia.

"The 2010 census puts the Afro-Argentine population at 150,000, or less than half of one per cent.

How did the Africans disappear?
Although slavery was abolished in Argentina in 1813, many Afro-Argentines were still held as slaves. Emancipation was promised to those who would fight in Argentina's wars. Most African men signed up with hopes of winning their freedom. They were sent to the front lines. Most perished while fighting for a country that did not recognize their rights or humanity."
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: Why Are There No Black Men on Argentina's Roster?

Post by soothsayer »

What a rubbish article!
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

soothsayer wrote:What a rubbish article!
Why did you even bother?!
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

soothsayer wrote:What a rubbish article!
What's rubbish about the article? Is the author making up her own history?
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I was hoping that the link above will discount everything the other one says au contraire it confirmed the previous one in a less violent language.

Take your pick.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Why are we taking other peoples problems when we haven't even resolved ours...
both football wise and economically
Brazil are full of blacks but still are placed on bottom heap. Truth of the matter is
if Africa ever gets its act together a large number of these countries will not have
any blacks left, their suffering only reflect our failure to create a haven for blacks
to flee too. Something that USA did successfully during the world war 1 and 2.

Any time I read articles like this, I don't think of what evil some whites have done, I get
embarrassed about what Africans with their own states have failed to do in the present!
Even if we got our football right we would have these guys naturalizing...
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Argentina from what I heard killed a lot of blacks during their earlier yrs of civilization and even into their independence. I think most of their blacks probably ran off into Brazil and made it home. Up till today Argentina is still a very racist country by German or by Spain's lofty racist standards !!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I sent something on this years ago,they used the Africans during their war with Paraguay & obviously kept the women :scared:
But we have a Maradona who is happy to leave Sierra Leon & claim Argentine!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Joplass, this link is exactly why the one you had in the original post is rubbish. The woman says very little and adds little to the discourse. It was a topic that based on its title promised much but delivered little.

About the one soothsayer posted :clap: :clap:
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This is not new. Blacks in the diaspora generally are treated like garbage. The question is, what are Africans from the continent doing about this? Have we made our countries suitable to live in to the point that most blacks all over the world would want to emigrate back to the motherland so as to flee persecution from the countries of their births? Sadly, the answer to that is a big fat no.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wolverine
Egg
Egg

Post by wolverine »

What some of you guys are ignoring is the role that the IMF, World bank and the UN play in keeping the continent of Africa undeveloped. A good documentary to watch is 'Life and Debt', this will give you a good insight into the role these global organisations and financial institutions play in crippling third world countries. However, this is not an excuse to absolve blame from corrupt government regimes that have contributed to the overall mess of Africa, but still remains a legitimate reason for our struggle and plight as a nation, people and continent.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

wolverine wrote:What some of you guys are ignoring is the role that the IMF, World bank and the UN play in keeping the continent of Africa undeveloped. A good documentary to watch is 'Life and Debt', this will give you a good insight into the role these global organisations and financial institutions play in crippling third world countries. However, this is not an excuse to absolve blame from corrupt government regimes that have contributed to the overall mess of Africa, but still remains a legitimate reason for our struggle and plight as a nation, people and continent.
:twisted: : :evil:
Another good one is "the Economic hitman". It will go as far as explaining even Boko Haram to a great extent.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

bret- hart wrote:This is not new. Blacks in the diaspora generally are treated like garbage. The question is, what are Africans from the continent doing about this? Have we made our countries suitable to live in to the point that most blacks all over the world would want to emigrate back to the motherland so as to flee persecution from the countries of their births? Sadly, the answer to that is a big fat no.
African from the continent are asking for asylum in South America to join the other African and be treated like garbage.
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

This is one reason why I'm rooting slightly for Germany tomorrow...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

femibyte wrote:This is one reason why I'm rooting slightly for Germany tomorrow...
Dafty, go and read where the war criminals from Germany ran off too..open your eyes
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Germany is worse than Argentina when it comes to race relations
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
Argentina from what I heard killed a lot of blacks during their earlier yrs of civilization and even into their independence. I think most of their blacks probably ran off into Brazil and made it home. Up till today Argentina is still a very racist country by German or by Spain's lofty racist standards !!
Are you suggesting that Germany and Spain set the standard for racism in Europe or the world? There is racism everywhere, even in those countries scapegoating fellow racist countries (using the plight of black people to score points against each other). Europe is generally a racist place, although some are more subtle than others.

The fact that Brazil allows black people on its national team does not mean that black people are not discriminated against in society. An African teacher in Brazil recently told the BBC that he was frequently called a monkey on the streets...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
femibyte wrote:This is one reason why I'm rooting slightly for Germany tomorrow...
Dafty, go and read where the war criminals from Germany ran off too..open your eyes
Exactly! Most of the world's most racist/fascist criminals ran from Germany and Italy to settle in Argentina.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

jette1 wrote:Germany is worse than Argentina when it comes to race relations
Don't mind the morons. Sometimes, silence is the best answer to a....you know what :D
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

As if Germany is any better :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chxta
Egg
Egg

Post by Chxta »

What's the point of supporting someone not flying your flag?
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe